Go to GameStop

>go to GameStop
>get call of senran kagura: Battlefield - GO!
>I take out of my debit card when they scan the game expecting me to swipe to pay
>they ask for my cards chip
>my card doesn't have a chip

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dewhMosaXUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck did everyone just switch to chip all the sudden? I just want to swipe and get the fuck out.
Now i have to stick the card in, ERROR, re-do, stick the card in, wait, pin, etc

Cuz it's safer you stupid fuck or do you want your neet money to get stolen?

EAT SHIT

Is this really a thing in the us? Not even adapted chip and pin when that's already an outdated payment method?

my grandmother only has a very oldschool bank card.

Not a credit card. Not a debit card.
A bank card. That allows you to withdraw money from an ATM. Maybe pay stuff in some form in some places... dunno.

I'm amazed how far behind the US is in this. Canada here, we've be using the chip for almost a decade now. Now that's outdated and we tap to pay.

The ATM debit card is the absolute worst. I expect your grandma to lose every last penny out of her account in no time thanks to her use of the bank card.

>American invented credit card
>Now Americans are late behind the rest of the world (even surpassed by third-world countries ) in credit card technology.

Are Americans this conservative??

I don't mind chips, what I hate is the fact that the place I work doesn't have the readers installed yet.
I have to tell hundreds of people daily to stop jamming their card into the plastic barrier over the reader and just fucking swipe.

Consider that America is a huge, decentralized country

Where have you been, America has been a third world country for almost a decade now

Is America secretly a third world country?

This. I have fucking 80 year olds asking why the place I work at doesn't have tap yet.

those terms (1st - 3rd world country) were invented during WW2 to refer to different aliments of the countries. Even the Nordic countries, some of the most technologically advanced well-being countries on earth, are 3rd world according to them.

delete this

40% of canadians still use dial up and yet even they use fucking chip for years. america is a joke of a country

>americans don't have paypass

>American invented credit card
hat would be the Knights Templar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

That didn't answer my question.

He was just shitting on your implisive statement

the answer is no. Yanks are just backwater hillybillies.

>still using swipe

Holy shit america get with the times

It was just banter; an insult meant to jab, but not really meant to offend or change opinions. Because not only are they behind, but the shit they have doesn't even work, like showed. Those were the sort of problems we had here ten years ago.

No surprise.

Really makes you think...

more like a year or 2, not a decade

i dont even use my debit card to pay for things but last year (or maybe 2 years) ago i got a new debit card in the mail all of a sudden and now when i do banking i have to insert the thing into the keypads ass, never even swiped the thing ever just had to type my 4 pin number into the pad.

or is this chip thing even newer? like you tap your card to a thing and it reads the chip?

ya i dont use digital banking i withdraw my money and pay with cash, its fucking faster by proof of everyone i have to stand behind when they use debit to pay for food, the time it takes for the computer to authorise shit is longer then just using paper cash.

Nah, man, it's been here since like 2008.

Paywave is a thing, you just press the card against the thing and it works.

>a few years ago, get a new card in the mail with contactless payment
>cool but literally nobody uses it yet
>couple weeks later go out to buy a CD because fuck you I can
>on the checkout, notice the payment terminal has the contactless payment logo
>slap the machine's screen with the card
>the clerk starts his usual "hey just insert the card into the slot at the bottom and-"
>beep payment accepted, print receipt
>clerk has no fucking idea what just happened
>explain this cool new tech that their brand new payment terminal apparently had enabled by default
Fun times.

>like you tap your card to a thing and it reads the chip?
Basically, yes. If the payment is small enough, you can just touch the machine's side with the card and it'll process the payment. Occasionally it'll ask you to jam it in and type out the PIN though, the pattern seems to be completely random.

>Paywave
It's called tap, you caveman.

Out of curiosity, what makes it safer than just swiping? Since you still have to put in your pin with both

>swipe to pay
What the fuck?

I hate chip readers. I feel like such a tool when I use them, and so many places are making it mandatory.

I get that it's safer electronically, but what's to stop me from stealing a card from someone and using it, since everywhere I've been doesn't even ask to see the card or my ID anymore.

Yes we do
?

>Cards without a chip can still be swiped instantly
>Only cards WITH chips require you to try and read the chip first
>Tap to Pay has been around for fucking years, just no one bothers setting it up

My job, the gas station next to my job, the grocery stores here, Microcenter, and a few other places have the Chip Reader, not once have I been told "You need to insert it first"

JUST
FUCKING
SWIPE

Idiots.

>card has a chip in it
>insert it
>dont bother swiping
?

The problem is that its not even uniform on whether to chip or swipe. The publix I go to is chip, while the stores on campus are swipe.

It's because of the emv liability shift, Literally any place that doesn't have a chip reader and you have a chipcard, the merchant has 100% of the liability. If you charge it back the merchant literally can't dispute it.

No one has used that definition in 20 years unless they're teaching history or are just being pedantic. The current definition is simply developed vs non-developed and you know it.

Chase Paymentech support rep here

It's amazing how many dumb fuck merchants call us saying the chip readers don't work. Then we tell them they have to use more force to put the cards in, and whta do you know, it works.

>Cred Forums users leaving their moms basement to buy stuff
hmmmm

My bank kept canceling and resending me a debit card because of this bullshit. I guess I got stuck in an automatic loop because I was receiving a new card every month while they cancelled my previous one. For 8 months.

Enjoy your "progression"

Do people actually use tap and go? in Germany here we stopped using that because scammers found a way to steal your shit that way. There was a big push to get people to go back to chip processing. Some places even disable the tap feature now.

>MFW AUSSIE
>10 years ahead of america
check this shit out
youtube.com/watch?v=dewhMosaXUU

No its not

>not using tap / paywave
Fucking neanderthals.

that is fear mongering
you got cucked by your goverment and banks

i really fucking hate the chip, mine got chipped and now nobody accepts my CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED CREDIT CARD FUCK

It generates a new credit card number for that transaction only.

American here. I do the same shit with my phone. You're not ahead of anyone.

It's because you can swipe a magnetic strip for a distance, a small one but people could swipe your card from your wallet or purse. The chip has a much shorter range. eventually the strip will be gotten rid of.

>go to GameStop
>get call of senran kagura: Battlefield - GO!
>I take out my debit card when they scan the game expecting me to swipe to pay
>they ask for my cards chip
>tell them I don't have the chip
>they give me the go ahead to just swipe then
>walk out with my brand new copy of call of senran kagura: Battlefield - GO!

daily reminder that if not for backward americans every card would be chip only - which means AMT card skimmers could no longer work, no more stolen cards.

we have had the phone tap shit for a few years too
just got android pass a few months back too

wot

we've had paywave for a few years now

only tiny mom and pop stores haven't implemented them yet

I got a card replacement last month because the previous one was busted, to my surprise it had this chip like thing, so now apparently I don't have to insert the card into the machine, just put it close to it.
But it's weird because when I put the card in it would always ask for my pin, but with this new method it never asks me for my pin.

Isn't this a little unsafe?

>Go to any store in AZ
>Chip reader has piece of paper saying no chip

With swiping people would put their own readers in top of the existing reader to copy your payment information. To do that with a chip you would need to open up the machine and do some magic, and since two readers wouldn't fit in the confined space of the machine it wouldn't be able to copy your info AND let the payment through using two readers like the swipe readers. Plus your chip info is probably encrypted.

>chip

fucking yuropoor Neanderthals

>not having paywave/android pay/apple pay

>not having paywave/android pay/apple pay

?

Do Americans using swipe cards affect Euros from using chip cards? I know you guys like to suck up every bit of American culture you can, but you seem pretty happy with your chip cards.

>work in airport
>Amerifat comes up
>Can I pay with card?
>Yes but chip and pin only, no signing,Do you have a 4 digit pin code?
>Amerifat says it has a chip and pin
>Inserts card, PDQ doesn't ask for pin and I look away while Amerifat ment to insert Pin
> Payment received, massive line for Amerifat to sign.
> EVERYFUCKING TIME.jpeg
> this isn't chip and pin it swipe and sign you lied sir
> Sorry.jpeg
> payment is received. Amerifat get item
> Get final warning for not following procedure cause amerifat are retards

Now I just refuse to let american pay by card because they straight up lie everytime over what card it is.

In terms of security, digital payment is probably the least secure.

I hate chips for cards. More secure my ass.

Magnet stripes are incredibly easy, cheap and quick to copy. Chips on the other hand require arcane bullshit and resources far beyond your average street thug, card cloning operations skirt around that by skimming the strip instead and using it in some place that doesn't accept chips.

>Put pay-wave reader in backpack
>go on subway
>steal everyone's info
No thank you, ill stick to swiping.

>bragging about chip when wireless pay exists

that's like bragging about DVDs when blu ray exists

You're retarded. A chip can be reproduced. To reproduce a paywave transaction, it would require multiple lifetimes of key duplication.

>Yes but chip and pin only
>machine clearly still accepts older system
Why are Euros such dirty liars?

Your bank/credit card company is going to start making you swipe eventually, you luddite.

are you gonna rub your backpack on peoples wallets?

No, I'm asking what the heck that is.
Wireless pay?

You fucking cuck faggot, don't tell me that words change meaning over time.

>i've never used paywave

>gamestop literally tries to protect you from potentially having your cc cloned by a rogue employee
>FUCKING GAMESTOP

cards have to be universal so you can travel with them.

>Calculate how much I will spend including tax
>bring my game to checkout
>make it rain cash money
>do a 360 and walk out of the store

That's not how paywave works at all

>Payment received
OK, what's the problem? You can disable the obsolete method on card readers if you want, so why didn't you?

I usually pay for things with cash if it's not expensive. One of my pet hates is people who pay for small things with card, they're usually the people who cause queues at checkouts

>everyone freaking out over chips
>mfw been using android pay for over a year now with no problem

Even my office's vending machine accepts it now.

Never been on a sub train?

My girlfriend just dared me to drink 16 oz of sriracha and I did.

I'm fucking dying right now and I can barely see. She's laughing and I'm dying.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>The my bank decided to cancel my card because they supposedly found suspicious activity on my card but I always monitor my own shit and everything was fine

Wells faaaargo

God tier bank tho lel fired all those wagecucks make America great again

I don't carry cash with me, credit card only
Yes I will use it to by a sub $1 item
Deal with it

What is android pay?

No i dont live in overcrowded slums

Is that some sort of BDSM thing where curvy middle aged women take turns pegging you?

>what is google

>Asshole has audacity to ask for money
>Sorry, i don't have anything
Its not a bad idea to not carry cash

user come on,,,

It's people like you that are the cause of all evil

all modern phones have nfc
wireless transaction shit
you put your card details on your phone and blam you can use it to pay for everything

literally google it you mouth breathing murican

A black person.

You can't lie and say you don't carry cash even if you do?

Fuck cash.

I'll pay for my 50 cent soda with my card and you can't stop me.

Android Pay is UK only

That doesn't sound very secure, besides why would I want to use my phone to pay? I can use my card just fine.

>every register I go to either doesn't have a chip reader, the chip reader is broken, or I just don't even bother asking

What's the point?

>Android Pay is UK only

Explain how I use it every day here in America you retard

Not any less secure than using your card
You still have to acknowledge the transaction and authorize your phone to hand over payment details

What? how is putting card in machine and pressing 4 buttons so fucking slow they're causing a queue? surely if they're that fucking slow they'd cause more of a queue if they counted out their change at the speed of a snail.

Then what's the point of using that over the card?

Well then they should be able to let you slide it through, I got a new card recently and it doesn't have a chip. I don't mind the whole thing but I hate how everyone has to complain about it all the damn time.

You're not American

You guys retards or something?
I disable tap, because a freaking smartphone can scan it. People are so oblivious. I tried it with bunch of cards, all of them got scanned by the phone and I can pay with my phone, using someone else's card.

multiple cards on the phone
option to use paypal right then and there
you usually have your phone in your hand anyway
etc...

Not sure if retarded or..
user you carry that fucker everywhere with you. why would you commit crimes on something that clearly belongs to you?

So you can leave your wallet at home or in your car.

>switch to chip
>"all of a sudden"
what the fuck?

How is having multiple cards on the phone any different from carrying multiple cards?
I've never seen a place where I could pay with paypal either.
And no, I don't have the phone on my hand at all times.

I don't feel comfortable with my super surveiled smartphone having my credit card details. These things are not secure.

I live in France. Sue me, nigger.

Usually it requires a fingerprint iirc also it only broadcasts anything when you want to pay so you can't skim it in passing.

I don't even have a face for this. I had chip&pin before I was 16 and I'm almost a wizard now.

Slow card readers or (yes this has happened to me multiple times) people who enter their pin wrong multiple times

wouldnt take long to just pull out a couple of notes

i just got my first chip card last week because my swipe only expired .

Pretty much every card has a stripe, chip and whatever you call the tap thing. Why are you Americans so behind with this shit, this has been a thing in Canada for at least 5 years and probably everywhere else even longer.

I tried it on my friend as well while he was walking around, told him later.
Tried it on a couple who were oblivious to the world.

>decentralized country
lol

Wireless pay is more secure than the chip. Like i've said ITT, you can replicate a chip within a certain amount of time but duplicating a wireless pay transaction would take multiple lifetimes of decryption.

With time and use, yes. Words do change their meaning.

>he doesn't know about paywave/nfc
it literally takes 0.25 seconds
i tap and walk away
get with the fucking times

I don't fucking know, you act like the common man controls everything around here
Blame shitty stores that did everything they could to refuse the switch

>swiping until this February, now contactless
>didnt even know chips existed until this thread

so this chip pay has been around for about a decade in Europe?

you gotta remember we push forward ridiculously slowly here in clapistan

I don't trust having my card information on my phone anyway.

I also hate how everything is done with smartphones today, it's so irritating.

Fucking smartphones.

not every shop has them

Because wireless pay was always around the corner. Chips are obsolete now.

Bullshit, I managed to catch the wavelength of the card with the smartphone. It still accepts payment using my smartphone

we're making the switch, but a lot of it falls on the banks and credit card companies to send out new chip compatible cards instead of waiting for the old one to expire before doing it.

a lot of the pre-paid debit cards are already on board with chips, but most people without them are either using some small scale bank/credit union who hasn't adapted to the tech yet, or are still using older cards that have yet to expire, so they can't get a new one until then (or they report it lost/stolen)

You're posting on a site monitored by the FBI that's owned by a guy that's infamous for selling user data and you're worried about spooks spying on your smart phone?

I am not making transactions or have any private information in here, so I don't think that's any good of a comparison.

I said the transaction. You can "catch wavelengths" all you want but the transaction won't even being until your phone is unlocked and you tab the send button.

What the fuck are you people talking about
What chip what tap what

Out of curiosity, How long is the expiration date for cards there? Vary between 3-5 years here.

Lmao W Fargo.

>around the corner
If nearly ten years is "around the corner", then sure I guess

Sir, please insert the card. Oh, no chip? Go ahead and swipe then.

Then explain to me how did I copy the tap from the card to the phone and manage to make tap payments?

user he's underage.

wireless pay has been in development since the mid-2000's

because you're lying or one of the greatest hackers mankind has ever had

This. Don't even need to put in my fucking PIN anymore. Anybody can just stick the card in.
How the fuck is this supposed to be safe or even faster? Swiping and pressing four buttons takes a moment compared to this chip shit which seems to have to load Bloodborne before it finishes.

I think that user means paying with phone not paying with wireless card. You're both talking about different things that's why it's not matching up.

My only problem with chip cards is that it waste so much time because some places don't even take chip so it's always a process of finding out if I swipe or inset

Tbh it needs to be standardized

Or maybe alot of banks are lazy and don't implement the whole thing. That's what I guessed when I managed to do it. Thats in Canada by the way, maybe yours are more up to standard.

He just stabs you and checks your wallet manually, and if he's not braindead, he'll keep making small purchases below the PIN threshold.

Not him but I'm 21 and I don't understand half of this.
I just have a debit card and I put it in, type the code and pay?
What's all the ruckus?

Chip as in the golden square in your card?
I paid that way as far as I can think back, just slap it in and enter my code
How the fuck is this news I thought they invented some new bullshit way to pay

Huh, rereading makes sense what he meant to say, sorry other user

>Apple Pay / Android Pay

Don't those sell information on what you're buying?

So does your credit card company.

It's not any different.

>he doesn't know
You just hold your card/phone up to the terminal and it scans it automatically.

I haven't had a credit card for 15 years, only a basic debit card. I wouldn't really know that.

Recent cards have a feature where you can 'tap' the card against the screen of the keypad to authorize transfer. You don't need to use pin for this. What you're describing is chip&pin which has been around for about 15 years to my knowledge.

If your card supports the tap bullshit it'll generally have a wireless logo on the front of it.
Just so you know you don't actually have to tap it it just has to be in proximity of the screen.

>hello, good day to you sir
>th-thanks you too!
>that'll be $4.99
>o-okay
>pull out my card and put it in the top of the slit to prepare for maximum speedy swipe as soon as the thingy indicates to swipe
>if you have a chip ple-
>HUUUUUUURAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH
>mfw
>lady is stunned, clearly astonished by how prepared I was to swipe, I could tell she even begun to felt a little silly for even assuming I would have this, "chip"
>mfw forget receipt and walk out like a boss

>Those were the sort of problems we had here ten years ago.
What problem are you alluding to exactly? If a card doesn't have a chip it will still be accepted anywhere. This entire thread is just manufactured bullshit for (You)'s.

this barely has anything to do with videogames

Most vendors are configured to only allow small payments (

Alright, I get it. But isn't it a little unsafe to not have to type in the pin? If someone steals my card they can just use it like that because they don't need to put in the pin, right?

He was talking about other people easily scanning it.

Why use an mp3 player when i can just carry 500 cds?

What a horrible analogy.
I have 3 cards, they all fit in my wallet no problem and weigh less than 50g.

You still need a pin for purchases over $100

Ah well, since I never buy that much I've never had to use pin.

Pretty much, though sometimes it just refuses to let the transaction through and makes you physically insert the card for security reasons. It's cold comfort though, it happens rarely and by the time the crook finally gets hit by it, he's likely a few pizzas and a case of beer richer.

>Americans are only just getting chip

$100 is a lot what the fuck

>I thought they invented some new bullshit way to pay
They did, kinda. It still uses the chip but you don't need to actually put it into the machine.

Educate yourself yuropoor.

>makes you physically insert the card for security reasons
and type in the PIN*

fuck I really need to get some sleep

True that, that's like 1/6th of my monthly spending.

Seems unsafe to me but I still use it sometimes when I'm trying to be speedy.
Also has a limit on max transaction.

Clearly said he tried it with other peoples cards and used them in a store. Did you even read what he wrote?

>Did you even read what he wrote?
Did you? He was talking about disabling tap because it was easy as fuck to scan, as he did it to other people's cards easily. Reading can change your life user.

Ebin buzzword friend

>this chip shit which seems to have to load Bloodborne before it finishes
It takes less than a second though. Just put your card on the scanner thing and that's it.

>people use a different payment method than you do
>feel the need to shitpost about it

That's a risk of any card. It's why you have to monitor your balance carefully and call your bank if it is stolen.

However, with a magnetic strip, the thief can copy your card's info, burn that to a blank card, and then use that card to make transactions. You can't do that with a chip.

It's slow right now because American banks were slow to adopt it and don't have the infrastructure ready yet.

>I tried it with bunch of cards, all of them got scanned by the phone and I can pay with my phone, using someone else's card.
I CANB PAY WITEHTHEAR OTRHER PEOPELEZ:LELZ CARSDZDADASDADSDSADASSADASDASDASDPFJEFJEKRFL:JAR:ARMARANMJEWRKLQHRLQRFNAMF

Where the hell do you think we are?

>greentext is the same as what I posted
Thanks for agreeing with me, I guess. You ok?

Apparently not.

I use the chip with no problem. Is it so hard to not pull the fucking card out?

A video game board. I know, silly mistake.

The magnetic strip on your credit card is literally just a magnetic strip. Without the chip anyone can download an audio file, record it to a tape, and make a fake credit card.

People have been pulling this scam since credit cards were invented. TFW when modern Cred Forums users are too young to have ever seen magnetic tape

guess what, your debit card is the same way

>grunting while paying for shit
This is an American thing isnt it?

>2011
>putting your ketchup in the fridge
ISHYGDDT

Why don't you just pay with cash?

Because cash is for faggots and dog fuckers

Why not carry around a bag of silver to pay for everything? you fucking barbarian.

Cash is coated with secret Jewish acids to drain your willpower and make you into a sheep.

>posting costanza in the current year

I use swipe whenever I can. I fucking hate using the cheap reader I swear it takes like two minutes.

>getting your card demagnetized by some idiot at Home Depot

I get a squishy feeling remembering those days.

You literally don't. OP proved it.

>mfw a american swipes near me
honestly we just need to nuke america, they are holding back the rest of the world

>Go to local corner store
>They have chip machine stuck onto register running MS-DOS
>Never works and cashier has to put in card manually
FUCK YOU EUROPOORS
RUINING OUR FUCKING FREEDOMS

who?

about 4 years here. and seeing as we JUST started adopting it fully in the last year or so, that means that we're not going to see a complete phase out until the next two-three years

>try to pay for my games with a check
>cashier sighs and rolls his eyes

Pissed me off, nearly wrecked his neckbear

No he didn't

>Completely random
In Australia, you have to type your PIN if the purchase is over $100.

>this thread is still up
Good fucking job mods

>but what's to stop me from stealing a card from someone and using it
Nothing, but I'm not sure why you're bringing actual robbery/physical theft into this.

Magnetic strips are easily duplicated.

And we should nuke all of europe because you fags are going to race mix

>Cash or card today sir?
>Card please.
>Cashier takes my card and starts slamming it against the machine like she's trying to summon a fucking Blue Eyes White Dragon out of it
>Does this upwards of ten times before asking me if it's a paywave card
>There's not even a chip on my card

Where's the crime in copying someone's credit card?
It's not like I stole the physical copy.

Like two years ago my bank sent me a new card with a chip in it, telling me it was for my safety.
Never had to use it until this year.

Are you a 70 year old woman?

t. my wife's son Smith

This is the real kicker
Credit cards are not secure. Chances are your number is somewhere out on the internet.
Having a dynamic number will make it impossible for scams to occur unless somebody magically copies your encrypted chip, or steals your card and knows your pin.

>That'll be $10.95 ma'am
>Alright, do you take checks?
>Yes we do

Fucking old ass ladies from 1920 who are too afraid to use plastic or cash, wish they government would outlaw checks or some shit. Frankly if I had a business I would tell people we don't take checks, let them pay with cash or a card like 99% of people in the country.

>not using android pay
cmon fellas

I'm from Europooristan and my bank limits contactless to purchases of €25 or less, and even then you might get a random prompt to stick it in. Price doesn't matter, I've had it happen for a sandwich.

one time my debit card was stolen and checks were the only means I had of buying groceries for a few weeks. Fuck you.

Any card you use sells your info, dumbass.

What the fuck is the problem, just put it in the machine and press the button.

how many levels of irony are you on right now?

Thin the only time my bank has ever contacted me about 'problems' is when I ordered all my computer parts back in 2011. they shat bricks because I ordered almost 1k worth of shit when I rarely ever spend more than 100 at any time.
Oddly didn't contact me when i spent 3k in 2 days though.

Only reason I still keep a checkbook around is because the card reader at the local DMV office is always fucking broken.

Who the fuck doesn't have the chip and swipe combo? I work at a place that does both.

I got my by telling the bank I lost my current one, and I wanted to see how far I could go with the custom card

>I've never made a purchase with a check in any situation before
you're retarded, paystubs are literally checks

I don't have a smartphone.

Chip is technically better, but I miss swipping cause it makes me feel like a Diginon Tamer or some shit.

seriously, this

having worked retail for a couple years now, people who write checks are the bane of my fucking existence. WICs are even worse. weirdly enough, i'd say EBT is the easiest method for cashiers.

>poor

like, maybe 5 or 6 right now my dude

Stop fucking saying checks. Fucking inbred terrorists.

Im part of a local credit union, Android pay only works for big banks.

>He doesn't have cash in the bank
>He doesn't just go and make withdraws out of his bank account.

I'm sorry if you're too afraid to carry cash around in your wallet, but it's nice to have cash on you.

Maybe your experience taking checks has been more pleasant, mine hasn't. I always have to get their driver's license number and DOB, then we have to process it in the machine and that takes anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds. Cash and plastic is simpler and faster.

I've never made a purchase with a check because they are obsolete and unnecessary, faggot.

>stop saying checks
why? thats what they're called

How are you even posting here then?

My bank is online only. Without my debit card I can't make ATM withdrawals.

It's cheques. Holy shit.

>I've never made a purchase with a check because they are obsolete and unnecessary, faggot.
>I've never done it that means no one does it and that means they need to be outlawed
I bet you've never needed a cashiers check either

If his card was stolen how would he withdraw money?

On a computer. Could do it from a video game console too if I really wanted to.

Sure is video games in here.

This is america, they're called checks

i use a local/regional bank, and it works perfectly fine. some friends of mine who use a credit unions tell me it works for them, too. it's really just a matter of time before most banks accept it

You don't need a debit card to withdraw money from a bank

Damn, you got me. Banks really should have an alternative method for that, that isn't CHECKS.

Have you ever worked retail as a cashier? If you haven't then you don't understand my hatred of checks, it's really annoying when people pay with a check in grocery stores or other places in general.

>being retarded is a valid excuse
My bad.