As someone who's never completeed FFXII but is looking forward to the HD re-release I have a question...

As someone who's never completeed FFXII but is looking forward to the HD re-release I have a question. Which is considered to be superior? The license board system from the original western release or the International Zodiac Job System? What are the pro's and con's of each?

Google faggot. International fixes everything no reason to play vanilla

But don't some people prefer the old way? Or is International OBJECTIVELY superior in every way?

The original board is better, the IZJS system just limits you and makes leveling boring as fuck. I think the remaster lets you switch between them.

If you emulate IZJS you can switch classes using a nifty save editor if you want to play it ahead of time.

Do you want your characters limited so that if your white mage dies you're fucked, or do you want a party that can use all the strongest magic all the time
Oh and dont give Balthier a gun or Fran a bow, they have unique attack animations with those weapons that are slower than normal and make your dps worse

Doesn't that raise complaints of every character ending up the same?

did they take out the stutter-stepping when drawing/putting away weapons?

The dps argument is retarded. This is a single player JRPG you can play at 4x speed at the press of a button. The loss of damage is literally insignificant.

No because the choice is yours. If you want to do that, you can, which is a good thing.

The IZJS classes were shat out instead of fleshed out, it's simply not a good system that doesn't take the game's balance into consideration. You'll probably max out the board before the game is even finished even if you're ignoring hunts, which makes every level gained past that point unrewarding.

If the job system was good like FFT or whatever game has a good system that has diverse classes it would be good. Or even if they let you switch classes it would be good. But it's not either of these things.

So why buy the hd remake then?

To be able to play it on PS4. It's arguably worse looking than the game emulated so if you have a PC you may as well just emulate it. The remaster isn't adding that much.

Thank you for the info.

Guess I'll just continue my save file on my ps2 copy. 50 bucks saved

I prefer the original board. Let me pick how I'm going to level, don't make permanent classes you pick in the beginning of the game.

Do you want all your characters the same at the end or do you want them different? That's basically what it comes down to.
In the classic release, you can farm Fomalhaut's for everyone and destroy enough side content to get the best gear.

Your characters will feel gimped more than different. The majority of the game you're just spamming auto attack either way.

>caste berserk and haste on 2 characters
>this defeats 90% of the bosses

I prefer the standard license board, probably because I dont need to be directed to pick out a specific build for a character, I just do it.
Everything else that IZJS added though, absolutely wonderful. I wish I could get the normal board with all the other stuff.

What does the IZJS add? I thought it was just a board change

The speed up, some loot chart shuffling, the ability to get extras of unique gear and weapons. There's other stuff.

- Voice lines are compressed in the PS2/IZJS, sound significantly clearer in the remaster
- OST is being reworked, current released soundtracks sound better IMO.
- Other nifty UI adjustments for convenience (i.e: you can view the local map in real time without opening a menu).

>sound significantly clearer in the remaster
They sound the same to me. The OST seems like it will actually be an improvement though unlike the other Square remasters which are a side-step or worse. FF12's OST was pretty boring initially.

Original system would be good if it wasn't based on blind picks.
Although it probably would be too easy to break if you could see what's where from start of the game.