What make the first Dark Souls popular even after all these years?

What make the first Dark Souls popular even after all these years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the best one duh.

Steam sale or let's player

Better question is why would you ever play DS on PC when the community is so dead?

they're all really similar games. DaS2/3 aren't strictly better in anyway.

because it's still *the* meme of choice for people who want other people to think they're hardcore

Would somebody gift me DS1? I never played it.
I bought Dragons Dogma instead when I had the chance.
Even though I loved Dragons Dogma I still wonder what I missed out on.

>wait for sale
>buy it for 5€

Don't be a begging fag you fag

Because it's the best game, with the best PvE.

And DaS2 has more players than DaS3 because it has better PvP.

memes

The real question is why does this shit genera sell after 5 awful installments.

Because PvP is a tertiary part of the game

PvP is shit and summoning others for help is DSP tier.

The nonlinear nature of the first few hours makes replays far more enjoyable than II or III which is very linear and samey.

Best menu theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU

5€ =/= $5

>=/=
>not !=

I'd even say that the first one is still the best, with 3 coming very close in tow. It's 2 which is clearly the weakest link in the series, that B-team handwork truly shows.

This, really. All good stuff though.

>B-team
>2016

My man it's been blown wide open for a long time now that Bamco fucked over DSII's development.

Loads of replay value.
It has loads of weapons that all play differently and provide really different appoaches to the pve experience.

Also once you know the game well it ceases to be challenging and just becomes comfy and fun

Because it's good?

because you can very easily make a build+ max equipment using cheat engine and 30 minutes and bam! instant forest pvp action.

it's more alive than on consoles dummy

The cheapest, the oldest, the hardware friendliest and arguably the better.

2 was pretty shit
3 was less shit
1 is still the best of the 3
DeS & BB not included

replay value out of knowing the game and being able to make desitions on weapons, fashion, routes, etc.

the gameplay feels good, the level design makes it fun to approach, you can literally play the game while listening to music, a podcast, while drunk, high or whatever.

it just feels like home after so much time, even more than hyrule or any other world that i can think of right now.

never cared for DS pvp

>What make the first Dark Souls popular even after all these years?
The fanboys who keep having these "revival events" to bring the population back up a little notch, because they have to be told to go back to their game to enjoy it.

It's more alive than you think