ITT:

Games no one thinks are the best in their series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=synBp17IGfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are very, very wrong, OP.

Dark souls 2

What has mgs1 done that mgs2 and 3 didnt do better

Pic not related then because MGS1 is still the best.

Most memorable group of villains/boss fights in the series.

The plot remained at Stage 1 levels of Japanese bullshit

Best codec

it aged like milk desu

I think it's the best.

Not really, I only just played it a couple of years ago and for a classic PS1 game it's aged fine.

Pacing.

Dark Souls 3

Bosses, level design, VR missions, dialogue, characters, music, general cohesiveness.

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers

>better ai
>better graphics
>better soundtrack
>hilarious over the top cutscenes that only bother westaboos and idiots with no sense of humor

>music

Fuck. Yes. Every track from MGS1 is memorable as fuck, MGS2 and 3? it just all blurrs together save for a few select tracks.

Nostalgia is pretty much the only thing it has going for it. Even for its time it had terrible stealth mechanics where for the vast majority of the game the "stealth" barely mattered at all, and the story was just a pastiche of 80s action movie tropes and anime cliches.

At least MGS3 is openly honest about it being an homage to James Bond movies, plus it improves upon SOME aspects of the gameplay of the previous games.

Well the plot wasn't a bunch of shit.
The villain was the best in the series.
The twist was fucking great.
The atmosphere was never matched again in the series.
The bosses were superb.

It was quite good.

I want to get this but it's expensive as fuck for an old game and assholes sell the discs separately for ~$20 each. I've seen the entirety of the original MGS1 played, but I've never played it as I've never had access to a playstation.

I understand this is substantially more anime in comparison to the original, but is it too over-the-top?

>music
>tfw you entered Rex's hanger for the first time

youtube.com/watch?v=synBp17IGfo

Worse OST, faggot. It gutted many of the iconic songs, including the one above.

The game was not designed for MGS2 gameplay either. The minor alterations they made to some areas didn't alleviate the issues of making the game even easier.

how to spot clown people

Everything but the most important the level design, soundtrack, characters and the twist.

Jesus Christ, just shut the fuck up. Even your parents must think you are insufferable.

In retrospect, I wonder if it does trump Brotherhood; could be nostalgia. But side-by-side, 3 is probably a better video game. In any case, though, 3 is an incredible game that didn't get the polish it deserved. So few were patient enough to get through the tutorial enough, or inquisitive enough to engage with the side-content. I understand all that, but it does make me sad.

>the game wasn't designed for mgs 2 gameplay
Do you have a single fact to back that up? MGS has always been easy

Halo Wars was bretty gud.

It's not better than brotherhood.

Do spinoffs count? If so, pic very related.

just get dolphin and emulate easy and free don't waste money towards people that didn't create the game.