Other urls found in this thread:

shutupandsitdown.com/videos/how-play-condottiere/
youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sorry

Bitch, do you even fun?

This Cred Forums

Sorry is garbage. You might as well be playing Chutes and Ladders

Whoa...so this is the power...of shit taste...

If it's not D&D, Warhammer, or a carefully disguised ERP thread no one cares.

Clue
Stock Ticker
Payday
13 Dead-End Drive
Pictionary
Trivial Pursuit

>carefully disguised

>tfw people hate this game and think it's slow because they never fucking trade properties

Fucking plebs dont know about this God teir adventure

Forgot pic

Boardgames? Yes

I hate it because it's boring. Also because the two last propierties before square the start are fucking broken.

NO

THE PROBLEM WITH MONOPOLY IS FUCKING HOUSE RULES

I SHIT YOU NOT THAT GAME TAKES AN HOUR AND A HALF MAX

STOP PUTTING MONEY IN THE MIDDLE

STOP SELLING HOUSES FOR FULL PRICE

FREE PARKING DOES NOTHING SPECIAL

JUST PLAY BY THE RULES AND ITS A NORMAL LENGTH GAME

It is shit though. It's all about the dice and who is less stubborn then anyone else. Screw that noise. I want a game where you can actually be good. Where planning ahead and carefully considering your moves will be rewarded.

I wish we had a tabletop sim general.

Did you just shit on chutes and ladders?

Niggar, I will kill you! Fucking kids now a days have no fucking idea what a good board game is.

All this drama aside; candy land is my shit yo.

Oh. Pic related.

If you haven't played this game it's surprisingly great. That and cosmic encounters are my favorites.

Six player TI3.

>Hating chutes, ladders, and sorry

Your the same asshole who shits on clockwork knight games too, aren't you?

Candyland is the most pleb fucking shit. I knew that game was garbage when I was 5.

I hear that game is cool a couple times but like by the 3rd or 4th game everyone is pretty much over it. Does it have replayabilty or eh?

>implying Monopoly isn't the best

Yeah, you're right, not trading properties is only a small part of it. Everyone I played with always insisted on all those house rules too, it's bullshit.

Best board game. And it's actually Cred Forums related

A friend has been bugging me to play that online. I should look into that.

Ticket to Ride: Europe

I played Cosmic Encounter recently.

That's not Culdcept, family.

>People on Cred Forums cry and cry about DLC

I pray that none of you get on a board game kick. Board game expansions are approximately four thousand times worse then DLC bullshit.

>then

>asmondee
>50 to 60 per expansion
Thank god millennium blades and bloodbourne card game are the last board games ill buy in a while

the fuck. how can you stay awake playing something as bland as this?

I felt that way about betrayal at house on the hill but this one is pretty fun every time. It has multiple difficulty settings and having the chance of a betrayer is more interesting than it being guaranteed.

Theres a bloodbourne card game?

It means that the Internet is full of vorefags

The user hes quoting used then wrong, its supposed to be than

>candy land is pleb

If I could hate you to death, you would already be dead. You would feel the burning hatred of 15 super novas searing through your body. As the fire of my hatred consumed you, the complete mass of my physical hate would slowly suffocate you to the weight of 4 earths. And as you gasped for your last feeble breath, I would stop hating you for one nano second. I woukd do it just so I could whisper the word faggot into your ear....

Which of the PC versions of Hasbro board games were the best and why is it Sorry?

Not really a board game, but holy fuck Munchkin.

Look, if you ever have a couple friends come over and have a few beers or what ever buy a goddamn Munchkin deck.

Then fall into the dark spiral as you fight to own every set. Have oodles of fun mixing decks.

Fuck you, house rules are the only way to play

>inb4 3.5

Yes, its coming out nov.
I heard the game is very fucking luck reliant to the point where bad rolls can kill you before you even play but i sure as hell need something light to kill time with.

yeah but the pic that was posted, to point out the difference between then/than? They can both be used in that sentence

Wow
Its like someone took a grand strategy game and removed all the gameplay, graphics and fun

Bet you don't even understand what's happening

Me and my brothers tried playing Munchkin once.
It only took about 30 min before we all hated each other and never played it again.

God damn nigga. Now that is some hate. Jolly good m8.

An excellent worker placement game... but I don't know if I like it as much as I should. It's heavy as fuck.

Like all the other board games we play always have us laughing and joking and talking. When we play Pillars of the Earth, EVERYONE is dead quiet. Silently praying that their pawn isn't drawn and when someone decides to place a pawn everyone holds their breath while staaaaaring at the spot they want hoping no one else places a pawn there.

Fun. Well made. Just heavy as fuck.

They can but you unless youre into vore theres only one correct path.
>mfw a teacher asked me to correct a sentence with then or than and i told him i like broccoli better than i like him

>that image
But you can use either word and it will still make sense.

Munchkin is fun for a while, but the Kingmaker aspect of it means that it's rarely the best player that wins, it's the 1st player to hit an easy-to-kill monster after everyone's spent all their ammunition preventing someone else from winning. Munchkin definitely needs a better end-game.

to answer the board game question, I'm a big fan of Caverna (it's like a comfy version of Agricola, which is like what playing Harvest Moon in Russia must be like).

I used to love Arkham Horror but these days I just don't have the time to sit down for a 6 hour board game session with friends, so it's mostly been replaced with Eldritch Horror. Plus, it also has super fiddly rules which I find more offputting as I get older.

ooo i wouldnt even play the game, i'd just collect the cards

While it's correct either way, the intended meaning of the sentence is that someone would rather be hugged, instead of eaten, so then would not work

That sucks. We love some Munchkin because we all know it's a backstabbing game so we're okay with it. Munchkin is fine. Risk was the board game that ruined friendships in our circle.

Literally both words work in that example, they just change the meaning of the sentence.

Candy land sucks because it's just random chance. However I loved it because I loved the "lore" of it. All those different people and places

Even as a child I was a lorefag

But what if someone would rather be hugged before theyre eaten?

The problem is theres no context in the sentence. Someone should really make an image like that only it stresses context.

The cards better be good quality considering its nearly 40 buckaroos

the orange properties are pretty busted too. i haven't bothered checking the math but people ALWAYS land on those all the fucking time whenever i play. there's gotta be some reason for it.

>i would do it to whisper the word faggot into your ear

Top fucking kek. Is that pic from; "I have no mouth and must scream"?

I like that the LCG model has taken off, at least. Fuck random booster packs and that shit.

Also

>my wife is super into Talisman
>buy the small-box expansion for $20
>features about 20 cards for each deck, but because the decks are already expanded, basically never seen them

g-good purchase, r-right guize?

It's only the "intended" way because there's no context. It's a shitty example, is all I'm saying.

stratego is neat

i never had anyone to play it with though, so i would just use the game pieces and pretend i was waging a battle.

Yeah. Someone put Monopoly into a super computer to calculate every outcome.

If you get the orange monopoly you win. Runner up is both light blue and purple monopolies. The ones on either side of jail.

No, you'd need a comma before "then"

Thats not Scrabble.

>implying mods give a shit about video games
>implying any of us give a shit about video games

I see that you're b8ing but I still want to argue, so I will
the obvious conclusion to that sentence is that whoever is speaking would rather be hugged, instead of eaten, if you want to be hugged AND eaten, then 'then' would be correct also, but the point is that you're not a fucking weirdo degenerate who browses /d/ all day

not a fucking clue nigga

Check out millennium blades.
Its a ccg ccg simulator for simulating the experience of buying/playing tcgs

That can't be right. TS has had a mod for that for months.

>20 seconds of webm focused on one part of the board is enough for me to tell everything about a strategy game

I thought it was 5 minutes of let's play that Cred Forums needed to form their final opinion on a game?

Are you guys really that dumb? That's the entire point.

You seem like a Euro fan. Ever played Terra Mystica? I bought it years ago because people were gushing over it, but it's so heavy that my missus refuses to play it ever.

Some of these manuals are fucking dogshit at explaining the game properly, and Terra Mystica definitely feels like one of em.

>tfw shit at Scrabble
>Also tfw mom would constantly whoop my ass at backgammon so badly I can't hardly look at the board anymore

yeah cross your fingers mang

My only gripe is how easy it is for the betrayer to lay low and act friendly up until THE very end and fuck things up quickly.

The quote from the picture is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, yeah.

Well..

>whole neighborhood blacked out for days
>had nothing to do but play scrabble
>now I'm a champ

It wouldn't even be about wanting to be eaten. It's just the order.

>"hey hypothetically would you rather be eaten then hugged or hugged then eaten"
>well shit uhh I guess I'd rather be hugged then eaten

Why do you keep trying to drag vore into this you fucking weirdo

Is the Europe board better than the American one? I've only played the USA board.

You can assume without context that most people don't like to get eaten after being hugged, you pedant.

how come there is no /games/ board? For all games not vidya or sport.

>only one mention of clue/cluedo

baka

there is, its called /tg/

Name a cuter game.

/tg/ ?

Who >Dominion or >Netrunner here?

>that moment when you can't tell if OP is ignorant of /tg/ existing or stumbled into Cred Forums thinking it was /tg/

Also best board game

There's /tg/ but they go all the way into grognardy neckbeard shit. In Cred Forums there's no middle ground between vidya and shouting MAGIC BOLT at your mum.

Terra Mystica seems dope but it took my friend an hour to explain it to us and the plebs got bored.

Everyone I've talked to that plays both says that the Europe one is a lot better than the USA board.

There's TCG but if you're not a PnP RPG or Warhammer they don't really give a fuck.

/tg/. Theres a board game general there which is shit like all generals or go to board game geeks.

It doesn't matter what the fuck you assume, user, because assumptions doesn't magically determine whether or not something is grammatically correct.

/tg/ is for transgender discussion though

UNO is best.

they seem to only care about war games

Interesting -- why is the Euro board better?

DnD is the best tabletop game.
You can just make your own universe and do whatever the fuck you want.

at least make it vidya

Did you miss a crosslink there?

Oh shit, wrong thing. Meant

my NIGGA I loved that shit

I have the opposite problem. I love Terra Mystica but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a quick game of Catan or Ticket to Ride but everyone want's to play TM and anything else is to simple for them now.

it's sad that this is literally the only good game here (aside from maybe Munchkin). Goddamn I love Capitalism.

Mr. Bucket

This is more my speed.

Accident. Wasn't even aware i copy/pasted that.

This has to be bait, right?

No shit

Runner here, kinda. It looked like heaps of fun, and I bought the base set and a couple expansions and went to a local gaming store to play with some dudes on their Netrunner night.

The game itself is incredible, really well thought out and I love building the decks. But the people I played with were on the whole irritable and not very friendly. Plus the place stunk.

Someday I'll get a friend into Netrunner.

Also

>every fucking criminal is Andromeda

Have they removed her from tourney play?

Thoughts?

It's not, Monopoly is still king.

Are they seriously mad that it's a cloudy day?

It's slow regardless of trading properties, but goddamn nothing is more fucking infuriating than people who won't trade just because they want to be stubborn assholes. What the fuck is the point of playing if you aren't going to trade?

There's no comma. Only one is correct.

>Wow, someone voiced an opinion on this bland looking webm, Let me just jump to some quick assumptions and then really give him what for! I'll even wrap it up with a meme to really show him.

Thats cool dude. Let me try.

>20 seconds of reading comment on Cred Forums is enough for me to tell everything about a persons thoughts

There is a board game general, but it's pretty damn slow, and a general.

Risk

But then it becomes a problem about punctuation, not the word

The only way PC gamers will ever be able to play Bloodborne.

>Talking with friend
>Discover he's never played Clue
>AW SHIT
>Get a couple more friends over
>Setting up Clue
>Explaining how it works
>My first turn
>Make it to a room
>Suggest
>No one has any cards to show me
>Know the murder weapon the very first turn
>Aw hells yeah
>Friend says "I want to make an accusation"
>Uh.. okay, but if you're wrong you're out of the game
>He accuses my suggestion
>I had both the room and person in my hand
>"So.. yeah.. you lose, but I suppose you learned something!"
>Now he refuses to play Clue with us
>Bitches about how pointless the game is every time it's brought up

Thanks for reading!

You got me there. But since we are given two options and game over is a failure of the game designer, I should be allowed to use either one.

postan the GOAT

Monopoly wasn't even designed to be fun, it's designed to be a slog where one person with a initial advantage presses it to smother the market. It's making a point about capitalism, it's not about having a good time.

And it fucking shows, cause the game is more painful then getting your dick caught in a bear trap

Monopoly is the king. It's great on so many levels. The best part is how it gives you insight into how people probably manage their real money and how often most people are bad with it.

>Bloodborne: The Card Game

The only way to get steady 60 fps out of Bloodborne.

Furthermore, when someone stops on a property and doesn't want to buy it, it's supposed to be auctioned off immediately.

Okay you autistic faggots. I dare you to play and record a netplay game of this shit.
Best Video Board Game

do you get to rip and tear the cards?

I don't think I've ever played a monopoly game that ended well. Everyone either gets bored/passive aggressive or someone inadvertently takes one for the team and flips the board

Jesus, pokemon really took over everything, huh? Even other games!

But the human eye can only see 24fps.

Catan is fucking great

holy shit

GET GUD
G
E
T

I'm assuming you also believe all the monopoly money belongs to the people and all the train track spaces should be communal.

Commie Cuck.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever played monopoly 100% by the rules.

You could if you wanted. It's not exactly against the rules. Your friends would be mad though.

No Axis & Allies

Get on my level.

nigger

we dont move in frames though

Yeah nigga. Best board game out there

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

You've got some brain problems buddy.

Dude, if you haven't already get the Pirates and Explorers expansion. If you have the other expansions just throw them away. P&E is the fucking ultimate expansion. Makes the game huge, takes some of the luck out of the dice so a few bad rolls won't completely fuck you over. You end up having to compete and make plans like five turns in the future but be willing to change them on the fly is something you need pops up.

Fucking Pirates and Explorers was the best expansion I've ever bought ever. Video games or board games.

But best video game board game is 100% Orange Juice

>Posted 3 seconds off
Fucking magical tastes, user.

Anyone want to play some Gwent?

lol wut

Are any of the Catan expansions worth it? Asides from 5-6 players, of course

Projecting hard as fuck. Calm your farm, my senpai.

Are board gamers nice? I see a bunch of board game meet ups in my area, but I don't want to be that retard who ruins it for everyone but not knowing how to play anything.

Bitches dont know about my Heroquest skills. I dont think anyone but me and my friends played this bad boy.

>top tier board games
Betrayal at house on the hill
Castles over burgandy
Bang!
scrabble
Axis vs allies 1942
Twilight Struggle

>shit tier
everything else

Who's hosting

especially with all the expansions

Do tell why

I've only ever played it once and it was the original game. Was fun, kinda wanna try more.

S'alright.
The stuff the FFG edition adds is pretty crap though.

for TRUE gamers

So I heard a lot about how Gwent is straight ripped of a Fantasy Flight game. Is it this one? How popular was it? Mechanics identical or what?

I have this and we played it only once. It was boring and took CENTURIES to finish a single game.

>Calm your farm

That would be your farm too, I relinquish all responsibilities to you. you know...for the people.

>It's not made with pretentious over-designed pieces. You can recognize a skeleton at over 500 yards away

But to be honest I like over-designed figurines. I'm a shitter like that.

Or do we?

just don't play it with too many people

>playing 5 man
>going last
>right before my turn, turn order gets reversed
>game over before I get my own turn
okay

Takes way too fucking long to get through a game. Me and a friend got through 5 chapters in 3 days before we stopped caring, and we came to the conclusion that the only reason we kept playing was so that the other person didn't win.

I'm also pretty sure things are pre-determined because my Wii crashed without me saving about 2 or 3 times and the exact same thing happened beat for beat.

>no dead of winter
>no terra mystica
>no agricola
>no memoir44

anyone know of any good card games i can play? The only games i know are GoldFish and I Declare War

>No Agricola
>No deckbuilders like Dominion or Ascension

Otherwise
>Betrayal
>Castles over Burgandy
>Twilight Struggle

Good taste.

I wish this was real. It seemed like a neat concept

They made some changes to make it a little more engaging played 1v1 against someone you can't bluff, but it's pretty fucking similar.
Numbered soldier cards, weather effects, drumlines, hero cards that aren't affected by anything etc.

Play President and Bullshit.

See
I don't want to overhype it, but I can't keep myself from raving about it. It's just huge and not as random as base Catan. It takes a little longer but if you have a couple friends that love to kick back, drink a beer, and play some fucking board game then get P&E

Same mechanics for troop numbers and buffs. They even have decoys.

Watch a couple minutes and you'll see

shutupandsitdown.com/videos/how-play-condottiere/

You mean like drinking games or regular card games

That was actually the idea of Monopoly.

yeah the best is 5 because you have a solid amount to make it interesting but the game has an odd number so it doesn't become just 2 teams.

Also house rule that makes it 1000x better is that a majority can't win together.

human eye doesn't see frames, at all actually, we see a constant flow of light, hence why our eyes can pick up on things like Frames and FPS, otherwise they would sync up and look flawless.

I need to know this because I own a PC that requires me to know how computers work, unlike toys (consoles).

Best party game or best party game?

I had a Pokemon Monopoly as a kid.

I always picked Mewtwo.

Too much RNG for something that claims to be tactical.
I can't count the number of times I've won fights I had absolutely no business winning purely because I was blessed by the dice gods.
I'd much rather play Kemet.

Bullshit is the best card game.

any game i can play with a normal deck of cards

I'm not the only one on here that played this, right?

I only play it during King's Cup. Otherwise it gets boring if it's just round after round of it

fastest way to getting your dick sucked by your straight friend.

Werewolves

Brilliant

What are your thoughts on bananagrams

Yo, I'm new to board games and interested in getting into them. What should I play just to start out?

how do you play?

What he meant was

>playing a virtual board game version of an actual videogame

This is true plebbery right here.

Well for drinking games there's King's Cup, Ride The Bus why the fuck are there like 4 completely different versions of ride the bus holy shit, horse race, fuck the dealer, love thy neighbor,

uhhh I'm sure there's some more.

Never have I ever only ever works with a group of strangers. Playing with friends you've known for quite some time is boring as fuck, since you generally know what they've never done.

Blood Rage is the big thing with my group. I have to say that this and Terraforming Mars are the two recent games which I really enjoyed.

>Ever played Terra Mystica?
It's fun, but god damn does it take forever for what you get. My board game group played that game for 3+ hours, and we're pretty fast at this stuff. It's not bad, but there are a bunch of other games you could be playing that only take 1-2 hours, or even under 60 minutes, which are basically the same.

>Shadows over Camelot
I liked it quite a bit. Then again, I've never played a game that won, so perhaps it is a bit of beaten wife syndrome.

A lot of other people don't like it, though, preferring Dead of Winter or other possible-Betrayer games.

I truly believe this isnt bait.

Also The Resistance. Better if you have a small group

No random chance, it's all predetermined. You can't fight fate.

Me and my uncle played a different version of that game

Nope. Nobody ever played Hero Quest.

Nigga what are you talking about. There's not a single vidya like that.

Friends have secrets you know

You just generally have to impress them by telling them shit you HAVE done by eliminating the stuff you haven't (or go with the added rule of 'don't judge me but'

Another fun one that gets everyone talking is.. uh.. shit.. I don't know the name. Fuck.

Anyway it goes like this.

>Pick two random people
>Count down from 3
>Both say a random word at the same time
>Those two words are now in play, example 'Fish' and 'Daughter'
>Try and associate the words together
>When you have a word, say 'Got it!'
>When two people say 'Got it!', count down from 3
>They both say a word at the same time
>If they say the same word, they win
>If they say different words, then the two new words are the ones in play (For example, if they both said 'Mermaid!' then they win. If one says 'Mermaid' and the other said 'Nemo', those two words are the ones you have to associate)
>Keep doing the 'Got it!' until the words match

I hope it makes sense, it's tons of fun and even shy, quiet people get all in to it.

last thread no one ever heard of it.

>There's not a single vidya like that

Any turn based strategy game.

There are enough scenarios, hard versions of said scenarios, event cards, characters and ability combos that the game has longevity. That said, it's a little long sometimes, which I don't care about but try getting a group of people to stick around for 6 hours when all they wanna do is play their plebs against humanity game.

>guys I'm not a spy, honest
>lose first round
>ok I guess it's safe to say the guy saying he's honest isn't a spy, lets put him in again
>lose second round
>good guys squabble for the rest of the round
>Spies win again
>???
>profit

every time.

Someone starts off by playing an ace (or however many aces they have) face down, and then the next person players 2s, then the next plays 3s, and so on.

But the thing is that if you don't have the cards, you gotta bluff and pretend you do because your dumb stupid ass has to play something. So if someone thinks you're lying when you lay the card down, you flip it over and show everyone and if you were lying, you pick up the entire pile. If you were right and they were wrong to accuse you, then they pick it up. this goes on until someone plays their whole hand.

>Try and associate the words together

Elaborate

It's called "Say the Same Thing"

no, really

youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw

>Want nothing more then to play Werewolves or Ultimate Werewolf
>All friends move out of town when I learn of it
>No body to play with

>gravity land
Holy shit I'm dying.

Name one turn based strategy videogame with realistic armor penetration model, hero characters and a command and colors system for orders.

Hearts, Gin, and Poker if your group knows how to bluff and plays it right. (Poker is dead boring if everyone just pitches in only when they have a good hand.) Crazy Eights is basically Uno, if you are looking for something lighter.

In that example, two people said 'Fish' and 'Daughter'. Everyone in the group tries to think of a word that links them together. Anything, really. It's a word association game.

>love playing board games
>no one but one friend I see occasionally will ever play anything with me
I have had thoughts of searching for a club or something but I'm kinda scared of the whole "new guy" thing. For example I'm really interested in trying DnD but I feel if I ever went out to a club or something I would just hold everyone back and annoy them.

Egyptian Ratscrew is fun

Unless the groups full of turbospergs, they'd probably be willing to help a new player get used to the game.
Lots of groups are full of turbospergs

Twilight Imperium is the greatest boardgame ever made. It's a bitch and a half to get a game set up and played, but it creates an amazing experience.

Eclipse is a close second, it's a great game that takes half the time to play.

What?

Fuck, I love HeroQuest. Best RPG ever.
No, before you ask, it is completely unrelated to the board game. It is related to RuneQuest.

The one game Cred Forums is truly terrible at.

Why would I play board games when I could be playing videogames?

that's a game I haven't heard in a long, long time

Some suggestions on some entry-level games

Deckbuilders:
Dominion. The originator of the genre, and probably the most elegant deck builder there is. The theme is drier than dirt on toast (you have a dominion! make it the biggest and bestest dominion) but the mechanics are fun, and the slowdown mechanic where victory points clog your hand is so fucking smart you need to play it. I actually prefer Ascension (collect a bunch of dudes and fight monsters) and Race For the Galaxy (conquer and settle as much of the galaxy as possible) but Dominion is easiest and has the most amount of expansions.

Semi-Coop

Cutthroat Caverns. Seriously, this game is amazing. You all play dungeon explorers, and have to collectively kill 10 monsters to win the game. The person who has the most victory points for killing the best monsters wins. This game is entirely about fucking over your friends turns so that you can kill-steal the monsters. So many monsters, and they all change the game in various ways.

Mah nigga. Stratego is silently one of the best boardgames out there. The Guess Who meets chess aspect of is great. Half the game is bluffing and pushing your bluffs to the edge and setting up a good starting position. Love this game. The online version is great and f2p.

why not both?

wow that does actually sound fun. ill try it out

>Monopoly angst

Gotchu covered fampai:
>20, 35, 50 Turns
>no properties are weighted (e.g. Jail, "Go to the Boardwalk", "Take a ride on the Reading," etc.
>Free Parking House Rule -> Koopa Bank
>Ride the Railroad House Rule -> No railroads, just Warp Pipes
>Monopolies are equal for the Win condition to induce trading, but more expensive spaces yield more Coins as normal
>no fucking Auctions
>no houses, hotels
>both parties get Landing Bonus "rent"
>Do you screw the other person over? Or hoard your Coins for the tiebreaker? Do you have enough Stars AND Property Stars?
>Can hold onto Items, including Mushrooms, Warp Block, Boo Bell

Why the fuck wouldn't it be? I'm not talking about Monopoly or whatever, I'm talking about shit like Cards Against Humanity.

Any others?

I have plenty of friend who like to do RPG board games, but no one ever wants to take up the role of the DM. I've run two DnD campaigns and many missions + full campaign of Descent and I've had to be the DM/Overload every time.

I just want to play the hero ;-;

Because board games are boring.

no problem fampai. Just make sure you deal out the entire deck when you play because I forgot to say that. Best played with 3-4+ people

Or you could just not play Monopoly.
Much easier.

If your friends are so fucking retarded to put any of the same people of a losing round in the next round they deserve to lose.

nice.

the fuck is that? enlighten me pls

Catan, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride are the general recommendations for new players. I didn't actually care for Catan, but Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride. Splendor and Pandemic are some very good beginner options as well.

I bought Eclipse as my 4X board game.

It looks amazing on the table. Too bad I never get it to the table.

gotcha.

Civilisation V.
Endless Legend.

>realistic armour penetration model
>number crunching
>realistic

I assume you mean something along the lines of attacking flanks and such, which both of those games have.

>hero characters

Civ V has those.

No idea what the fuck you mean by "command and colours system".

Ever heard of slaps? I preffer the name "Egyptian Ratscrew" but I hear people call it "Slaps" as well.

>353224415
A shit playing card game that is like 100% luck

>be playing never have I ever
>someone jokingly says (there always is) "Never have I ever sucked a dick"
>You take a drink while everyone is shocked you admited to
>"wow you guys are a bunch of tightasses, gotta try everything at least once"
>game ends after a few more rounds
(this is the part that if you're not a screeching faggot queen a friend will apporach you)
>"hey man, did you really mean that back then?"
>"yep, why?"
>"Oh, nothing... it's just I've always been kinda curious"
>"wanna give it a go now?"
>"...sure.."
>???
>profit

so fucking easy, has happened like 4 times now.

>Oh no, Mormons!
This guy is pretty good.

Carcassone
Pandemic
Kemet
Roll For the Galaxy
Skull

>Gravity land

Holy shit. I want to get a couple boards now just to tape them together and try pulling this shit. Making everyone gently tape and move their characters around.

Anyone played picrelated? Gone through couple games back during summer, it was frustrating, but extremely hilarious.

I have a question that never feels fully explained from the rules or maybe it's just so obvious that they didn't put it in there. If you attack a server, and you have 3 different sorts viruses or programs etc, can you take advantage of all their abilities against that piece of ice you might encounter? Or do you just select one virus to take it on. Seems like you'd never get through with only one virus.

>immediately suggest games that are not about tanks, doesn't even know what one requirement is

Great job user.

>uuuuh duuuuuuurrrr you want a platformer? Why not play rocket league it has jumping.

the stats

Red Dragon Inn- card game where you are adventurers after a quest, drinking the night away. Each deck is a class. Play cards, drink, and gamble. Last one standing is the winner.
Not too expensive, with a lot of deck expansions. More decks=more max players

Betrayal at house on the hill- you and friends investigate a spooky house. You start out working together, but one player is a traitor. You don't know who until a big reveal, with like 60 or so different scenarios to play through, each one with a different mystery/haunt/win conditon/etc.
Was expensive when I bought but there's an expansion coming out, should be reprinted and not gouged by ebay fuckers

>the stats

are they good, bad, surprised?

*strats

If you play a TCG/CCG of any kind, you need to seriously take a look at yourself in the mirror for playing that P2W trash.

Alright I get what you're trying to say now, I guess you're right, but it would take an idiot to be confused by that example

Put magnets in the bases and have matching magnets on the back side of the board.

>first board game being Kemet
>first board game being Roll For The Galaxy
Good god, what are you trying?

The best way to do it would probably involve putting magnets on the bottom of figures, and them using a magnet on the other side to hold it in place.

your friend is a retard

Nope! How do you play it?

if you play sealed or draft MTG, it's pure skill. i'll take my winnings or pulls, trade them for cards I actually want, and play semi-serious kitchen table with my friends.

ahh ok, yea it's an easy way to do it. It works pretty well.

I can't say it will work if your're a flaming queen. the more straight acting the better, it kinda tells them

>if he can do it and he's like me, why can't I?

>Mewtwo
Fuck you

Haven't played in a little while, but you can use multiple programs to help you break through the ice. However, it's usually not necessary, as there's usually a program that's ``better`` than the others at doing that particular job.

Note that most programs allow you to increase the strength and number of broken subroutines indefinitely as long as you have the credits to pay for it. It's usually economy that fucks you over.

Also, keep in mind that you don't actually have to break all the subroutines, or even any at all to access the server. Unless the piece of ice has a

>end the run

subroutine, you can just decide to let the subroutines complete and move on your way.

>Want nothing more then to play Twilight Imperium
>tfw I will never be able to get six to eight friends to sit down and play a board game for thirty seven hours

Fuck your jobs and lives and shit. Let's play a board game faggots.

Blood Rage is great.
>get points for being under Ragnarok and having everyone die in a glorious explosion

it's not the best obviously but i like the dice version of pandemic a lot, theres an expansion comin this year too, or maybe early next year.

Nah your example is retarded.

It's more along the lines of "no platformer is the same as this one because in no other platformers do you play as a blue hedgehog".

>Gravity Land
Lost

Or you could just buy a simple pack of playing cards for $3 and instantly be able to play hundreds of different types of games with just that $3 pack of cards.

What's wrong with Roll?
Shit's pretty easy to understand once you just sit down an play.

>Tfw you live in a 3rd world country and getting any of the good european/US boardgames costs you like U$D 150
I really need to coordinate with the small groups that do coordinated importing

>games that are not about tanks

So you haven't played either of them. Especially civ V which features tanks as well as a large variety of other units.

So no different than anything else you do

Or open up a game shop and charge outrageous prices

I never do anything the easy way.

Besides, this is more intuitive for children, teaches them how to better play the real deal. And it scratches both the Mario Party and Monopoly itches.

Sorry but it's actually relatively complex to explain through text, look up a guide online.

My nighers, too bad that game takes fucking hours to play

The game itself is fine, but goddamn, are you really planning on taking someone who doesn't even remember the rules for Monopoly and asking them to memorize they symbols and mechanics for every fucking thing in that game, in order for them to make informed HIDDEN decisions?

At the very least, try out a game with no hidden information so that players can easily go over all the things they have questions about without revealing all their hands/dice/etc.

No one does, because it's unbearably boring if you do, it was designed to express why Capitalism is a bad thing, not to be fun