It doesn't get much better than this

It doesn't get much better than this

It's kind of barren...

well there's approximately zero chance of it getting better than that at this point, really

also you forgot fatal frame

No Animal Crossing.
No Harvest Moon.

I can't add games that don't exist, user.

It amuses me that people still pretend 3D World is good
Its like a 3 year meme

>muh Knack!

fuck off neogaffer

>m-muh boogeyman
No ones talking about Sony except you.

I think I might grab a Wii U now. It'd be my first Nintendo console ever, and there's a few games I'm definitely interested in (3D Zelda remasters, Lego City, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, uhh what else?)

Who doesn't think it's a great game?

Just be warned that Wii U has the worst library of any Nintendo console aside from virtual boy. But you said it's your first so you can enjoy Wii games, as well as some SNES, NES, N64, DS, and GBA games through eShop or homebrew.

At this point wait until they announce whether the NX will be backwards compatible.

People who aren't underage and have taste

>games I would actually get if I had a Wii U
>bayo 2 and Xenoblade chronicles
>games I MIGHT get
TMS:FE
>why the fuck would you buy a console for something that is only fun with friends tier/who over the age of 5 likes platformers enough to dump hundreds of dollars on them
>everything else

So not you?

>only fun with friends tier

user, I'm sorry you don't have any friends. Is that why you shitpost on Cred Forums?

This system came out in 2012. That list is pathetic.

Compare this to PS4 or Xbone.

3D World is the worst 3D console Mario, only fanboys defend it.

With all those games, how can it be the worst?

still a bigger list of worthwhile exclusives than pisspoor and xbone

No. I shitpost on Cred Forums inbetween bouts of going to my buddy's place and using his console that I didn't have to burn hundreds of dollars on.

Because if you've played them on your old systems it barely offers any new worthwhile games.
inb4 some fanboy tries to tell me a $60 level editor is a good game.

It's easily the best/2nd best tied with SMG2. The levels were great, it looked fantastic, it had a fantastic library of music, multiplayer was great, and the character select thing made it GOTY 2013 by a long shot.

>It's easily the best/2nd best tied with SMG2
Nope. The only game that's worse is Sunshine. 64 and both Galaxy games are far better.

Plenty of games on there are original and exclusive to the Wii U. Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, W101, Bayonetta 2, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Hell, it even has the best Mario Kart, the best Smash, the best Donkey Kong Country, and the best NSMB (not that that's really an accomplishment).

Woolly World is not an exclusive.

In your fucking dreams. Sunshine was better than 64 solely based on its infinitely superior controls and camera.

Plus, SM3DW controlled heavenly, had a great variety of level types, and didn't have any gimmicks.

Oh, I'm sorry, what other system can you buy it for right now?

3DS only gets inferior ports. Mario Maker 3DS is neutered garbage, and no one who actually wants Mario Maker should bother buying the 3DS version because of no online.

>best mario kart
that is not MK7
>best smash
that is not melee
>best donkey kong country
that is not DKC2
>best NSMB
sure, but the NSMB series is shit so it doesn't matter

For all the praise the WiiU library gets on Cred Forums, it's deader and smaller than even the Xbone library.

>SM3DW controlled heavenly
Nope. The run button was a stupid fucking idea especially since the grab button is the same.
>had a great variety of level types,
>all multicolor blocks
>and didn't have any gimmicks.
what the fuck do you call those levels where you have to tap shit with the gamepad?

>the best Smash
You can't play Melee on the Wii U, retard.
You said Woolly World, not Mario Maker. Woolly World 3DS has exclusive levels not coming to Wii U

does Rodea really count as a multiplat though?

why is it when someone gets triggered they instantly blame sony ?

I don't think it should. Ffs Yuji Naka straight up told people on Twitter to buy the Wii version instead of the Wii U version.

Arguably since it was originally made for wii.
Microsoft?

Check out my list of 2016's recommended Wii U games

Anyone saying the Wii U has the best of any game really needs to accept reality. None of the sequels were the best of their respective series (except maybe NSMB).

That said, they're still good games. Not the best, just good. Get over it.

why did you post the ps4 library?

The WiiU version of Rodea is hotass.
You're missing fatal frame too.

you're eShop section is really weak. You're missing most of the good eshop exclusives and you have this mix of multiplats.

Is Pokken the Wii U's Battleborn? Everyone stopped talking about it after 2 days.

>b-b-but sony!
Great comeback, not at all predictable

>that is not MK7
Close enough, and miles better than every other, maybe just mildly better than DS.

>that is not melee
That's only true if you're already into Melee or of you're serious about competitive. In every other aspect sm4sh is superior, including availability and quality of life features.

>that is not DKC2
Take off your nostalgia goggles and come back. Even if you were to genuinely and unbiasedly come to that conclusion, you'd have to a fucking hypocrite to argue they're not toe-to-toe close to each other.

>sure, but the NSMB series is shit so it doesn't matter
Just because there are a lot of them and they were milked to oblivion doesn't mean the games itself aren't amazing.
If NSMBU was the first in the NSMB series poeple would be orgasmings continuously over it, just like they did with the original NSMB on the DS years ago. As they should, in the eyes of anybody that even remotely enjoyed the 2d Marios of the past.

Even within the subjectiveness margin, it's undeniable that the entries on the WiiU are solid as fuck in their respective franchises.
Personaly I'd argue every single one of them took the throne of best in each series, with maybe the exception of MK8. MAYBE.

I'd make an argument for Mario Kart 8 and DongFreeze as the best in their respective series.

Please don't recommend Sonic Lost World to people, even as a joke.

Well it has more games than the PS4, but I'll still stick to PC

That was kinda expected. I always though this wasn't going to catch on all that much.

I wonder how it did on the arcades in Japan.

>Smash 4 is better cause its more accesible to casual scum
lol
>Personaly I'd argue every single one of them took the throne of best in each series
Rainbow Curse is definitely not the best Kirby game.

>he isn't an idort

I know. I don't know what was good in the eShop section. I'll take recommendations.

>like more games listed here than what came out one wii
>like more games listed here than xbone and ps4 combined
despite this its still fucking pathetic and that just proves just how fucking bad the other 2 consoles are. It's a perfect time to work on a backlog or look for more obscure games though .

Alot of what you have there is good, but you can play almost all of them most anywhere.

Affordable Space Adventures
Runbow
Fast Racing Neo
Severed (also on Vita, but no one owns a vita)

I meant to say sm4sh is easier to get into in the sense that there's probably more people playing it, you can easily play online, it's easier to find people around your skill level to play with... things like that.

Also I was talking about only those games specifically, though I stand by the claim that every other entry is pretty damn solid, including Kirby.

Of course you can't really compare Rainbow's Curse with the other traditional platform Kirbys, since taht would be as retarded as comparing Mario Kart with a standard platforming 3D Mario.
But comparing it to the other similar one on the DS and even on its own, the game is pretty great. Enough for me to 100% and spend almost as much time enjoying the unlockables as actually playing the game.

All of them were playing the arcade Dissidia FF instead.

Lmao 99% kiddy garbage shit mediocre games doesn't even have the best rated multiplats

I-I own a Vita...
I love it way more than my Wii U. I mean, come on. Even the Wii had better and more original games. Even GOOD third party support.

>Enough for me to 100% and spend almost as much time enjoying the unlockables as actually playing the game.
do you like only own a Wii U or what?

Still boggles my mind that there's still an arcade scene in Japan.
Can't figure out how big it is or what the hell happens there, though.

Where the fuck is the new mainline Mario game?

Oh, but it does.

>Personaly I'd argue every single one of them took the throne of best in each series
How can that be true when Super Mario 3D World is the second worst 3D Mario after 3D Land?

It's why I caved and got one.

Currently WiiU+PC master race.
Though I probably spend more time on PC.

Even though it's relatively hard as a Kirby game, it's not that big a deal outside some very specific challenges.
Also, if there's anything I think most people will agree is that it had amazing art style and music, so that would make most of the unlockables a highlight in the eyes of most people, no?

There's almost nothing of interest to me on that list that I don't already have on my PC.

sounds like a personal problem

Is there anything on Wii U for someone who doesn't care about platformers or party games?

>Personaly I'd argue every single one of them took the throne of best in each series, with maybe the exception of MK8
ironically MK8 is the only one I think you could argue is the best. Most of them were just good enough and that felt like a godsend after how bad wii was, but nothing in its library really compares to any of nintendos older games though.

Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Monster Hunter 3, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda remasters

There's a few.

Read the other reply and you might understand better what I wanted to say.

But specifically regarding 3DW, I think it's fucking amazing. One of the best games I've played this generation easily. Not so easy to compare it with other games in the Mario franchise to say which is best though.

Everytime I see people complaining so eloquently about it I can't help but think they're simply judging it by the merits of a traditional 3D mario game, whereas 3DW mixes in a lot of more linear elements common in 2D Mario games, hence some people calling it a 2D Mario played in 3D.

I can understand some people not being blown away by it, but to hate it that much can only be a sign of someone going in with completely wrong expectations about what the game actualy is.

>Hyrule Warriors
>typical shitty repetitive musou garbage
>but it has my favorite Zelda characters in it, so I'll pretend its good.

>Tokyo Mirage Sessions

that's not worth $300+

The issue with 3D World is it does nothing to drive the series forward, if anything its a step backwards. They had the opportunity to make a truly great follow up to the Galaxy games, something that surpassed them. They went on and on about how the Wii U was sooooooo much more powerful and better than the Wii, then they made a fucking game that could've been done on the Wii. To me that's borderline false advertising.

(You)

I'm only hesitant to declare MK8 the best because MK7 exists and that's another damn fine MK game.

>but nothing in its library really compares to any of nintendos older games though.

I think people don't account for nostalgia as much as they probably should. Or maybe I'm not as attached to those particular older titles people are so fond of.
But in this matter I think it's safe to say if any remake/sequel in the history of ever has come close to capturing the essence of beloved, decades old games it's probably Frozen Dong, and I can't possibly see anybody disputing that.

I can only think of Rayman having it so good, but even that might be because both the originals not being so good or the long period where the franchise was raped by Rabbids and memes.

How do you be this fucking braindead?

>Everytime I see people complaining so eloquently about it I can't help but think they're simply judging it by the merits of a traditional 3D mario game, whereas 3DW mixes in a lot of more linear elements common in 2D Mario games, hence some people calling it a 2D Mario played in 3D.
Have you ever thought that maybe, this "mixed" style puts some people off? That its really fucking retarded to have a fixed camera in a 3D game and force players to judge depth in a platformer like that?

Okay. I'm not some marketer trying to get you to buy the Nintendo Wii Uâ„¢

I have a Wii U, and while it's a disappointing console compared to the rest of the Nintendo consoles, it had enough games I enjoyed for me to warrant a purchase. I want to list the best games so others can find games they hadn't tried or for someone in the future who picks it up in a garage sale and wants to know what was worth it for the console.

/vr/ cross posters should go back to their containment board

>Affordable Space Adventures
>Fast Racing Neo
Nintendrones are still pretending this garbage is good?

>its a 64 nostalgiafaggot tries to have an opinion episode

>Its a WiiUfag tries to justify his purchase episode

>Best Mario Kart
Double-Dash!! was a gamecube exclusive, though.
>Has the best Donkey Kong
But 64 is only available on the Wii U via VC.

>all dem first party games
>all dat third party support
>all dem INEXPENSIVE remasters unlike a certain two on my mind (pic kinda related)
Truly, the greatness awaits.

>its new and I don't like it REEEEEEE

Weebshit, VNs, and multiplats
Didnt even have to open the image
Get a girlfriend, weeb

As expected, you horribly misplaced your expectations.

Rest assured another "proper" 3D Mario is coming sometime in the future. With focus on exploration, less linear stages, powerups tied to the platforming and all that. But 3DW was never meant to be it, and it could never have been.

The mechanics that worked so well in a more exploration focused game could never work well in a multiplayer focused game like that.

But that's not a mindless tradeoff. The music, visuals and everything else is amazing. The gameplay is much faster and frantic. There are a ton of powerups that, on the other hand, could hardly work well in a traditional 3D Mario experience.

In conclusion, they're so different by design it's unfair to compare them as the same thing. Like it or not, which is perfectly fine, the praise it received it's not uncalled for.

>>its old and I don't like it REEEEEEE

Man, I didn't get that cool box with my legacy collection.

Any chance the PS4 could go sub-$200 this holiday because retards will buy the Pro #4ThePlayers?

>Rest assured another "proper" 3D Mario is coming sometime in the future.
Right. But not on Wii U. Which is why I feel ripped off.
The most basic things that a Nintendo home console is supposed to have are an exclusive Zelda and a proper 3D Mario, and Wii U couldn't even manage that much. Its a fucking joke of a console, such a pathetic library.

I think I figured it out. It's a 3D platformer tailored for people who hate 3D platformers. No free camera, no depth perception required, just jump and run straight forward in wide empty corridors.

>Harvest Moon.
never ever

its story of seasons now

WindWaker HD isn't stretched

>by the millions

>Right. But not on Wii U. Which is why I feel ripped off.
Can't argue with that. I enjoy Mario games as much as the next guy, but I'm not crazy about them, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much, but I can understand that.

But in general, I did sincerely enjoy almost all the games on the WiiU even more than I expected (the 1st party ones, that is), and even though they might not be enought in numbers to justify the purchase for some people, for me it was more than worth it and I still belive it's the best secondary gaming machine of all (preferably to a PC).

hard agree

KEK

Fast Cars NEO isn't on this list, what the fuck OP

see

holy shit hahahahahaha

Typical OP being a faggot and forgetting about the greatest game to ever grace the Wii U and the best game to play during the magical time of the year that is E3.

Fast Cars NEO. It's the closest thing we'll likely ever get to a new F-Zero game.

redout is better

>I
BLOWNNWOLB
THEEHT
FUCKKCUF
OUTTUO

Don't you mean Fast RACING Neo?

I honestly haven't touched my Wii U since I built my PC. I haven't even bothered booting it back up to set it up for yarrharr.

>It's kind of barren...

Could be worse.

>Affordable Space Adventures
>bad
k

almost every single game released could be done on 6th gen hardware, and plenty could be done on 5th.

That list is missing quite a few games.

Please, list them, so we can argue about it or add it to the list.

>Exclusive
Project Zero 5
Lego City Umdercover
Zelda Breath of Wild
Paper Mario

>Multiplat
Zelda Windwaker
Zelda Twilight Princess

>eShop
>Fast Racing Neo

>Virtual Console
Super Mario 64
Zelda Ocarina
Xenoblade
Zelda Skyward Sword
Mario Galaxy 1&2
Harvest Moon
Resident Evil 4

To name just a few.

>Zelda Breath of Wild
>Exclusive

user, not only is it not even out yet, it's coming to the NX as well.

also
>buying VC games

>buying VC games
I know but the space is on there so might as well fill it with stuff.

Fill it with lies?

Basically, some one described it as Japan's gaming community is more communal than America's. Remember, when console gaming was becoming big over here, the while point was making arcade games playable in the house with the huge entertainment centers that were envogue at the time. That and game centers are places you walk to and arcades are where you had to drive to.

You might as well add Half-Genie Hero to that list, it's going to be amazing, guaranteed.

>The run button was a stupid fucking idea especially since the grab button is the same.
...Have you played a Mario game before, user?

MGS 2 wasn't exclusive, iirc there was a PC port released the same year.

I like my PS4 but that list is inflated with so much shit that no one would touch if it wasn't all the console had.

>literally every Shantae game has had mediocre gameplay

>got delayed

This is what I think of this list.

You forgot to add Devil's 3rd and Project Zero 5.

But no one likes Devil's 3rd.

No one likes you so shut the fuck up.

Melee has a far superior single player experience compared to Smash 4.

WiiU is alright though.
WiiU still has the best games this gen. Just a lackluster final year and not enough quantity to go with the quality.

Nah, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 exist.

Sure did. You bet your ass it's gonna be polished as hell and a great game.

Huh? The gameplay's awesome, and unique.

That's a launch line up, OP's pic is the Wii U's complete library, 4 years after launch. Man, I have a Wii U, and it really hurts.

>The gameplay's awesome, and unique.

I have never played a 2D platformer: the post.

Shantae is the most generic platformer you can get on the market.

Also the WiiU turned out to be the new Gamecube, but at least the GC could said that it was the console with the better graphics.