Video games that try to be movies just end up being a shitty version of both

Video games that try to be movies just end up being a shitty version of both.

You're a faggot.

Really Telltale did well with TWD1 and TWAU but their quality and content dropped hard after that

Video games that try to be movies but instead of being good they just crash

And have shit FPS

tales of the borderlands was good tho

Telltale made the best borderlands game.

So theres that.

telltale was shit even before the walking dead s1. Sam and Max was painful, Monkey Island was a mockery, and the little I played of back to the future was dumb as fuck.

The walking dead had its issue, but it was over all a decent game. And I loath the TV series and I don't give a shit about the comic.

the bar was set pretty low

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with making Visual Novels.

The problem is that you actually need a pay off for your choices and consequences that mean something. What's the point of letting the player choose anything if it changes nothing?

sometimes it's not about changes, but being able to alter dialogue in a way that the player finds more believable for how the characters would react. Or sometimes players want to see characters act stupid.

True.

I'll agree with that.

But I'm one of those faggots who doesn't give a shit about story in vidya. I skip cutscenes, I mute dialogue, I just want to play vidya. Give me gameplay or fuck off.

>What's the point of letting the player choose anything if it changes nothing?
Well, if choices results in any meaningful differences, it means that they'll lose control of the cinematic experience they want to show to the players.

I don't think there's a problem with VNs either but calling them video games is a bit disingenuous. At least the Japanese don't call them games but western devs keep doing it, most likely to trick people into thinking they're buying more than a book with voice acting and cutscenes.

I've got no problem with the products, but don't lie to your consumers.

I also don't think they should be discussed on Cred Forums since they're not games either but no one follows the rules in this shitpit anyway.

is their Batman any good?

but to a larger point, i think i'm done with Telltale regardless after TWD s3 (unless they do another TFtB). just don't find these "games" fun anymore.

Rocket League indie game of the year woo!

How can I hate one game so much, yet still be completely addicted to playing it?

Because it falls prey to the online game problem: game is good, but it's completely ruined by playing with literal retards.

That's how I was about mobas a couple years ago. I hated every single aspect of LoL and I still played it every day til one day I just "I'm fucking done with this shit" and stopped. I never got any real cravings to go back either. I still open the client every once in a while and play a game to remind myself why I left and soon as that's done I go another 6+ months of not caring.

>First episode: Hey this is pretty good, this could go places
>Middle episodes: Things are building up although nothing I did earlier is really having an impact
>Final episode: Completely railroaded with unsatisfying conclusion to leave it open for future "Seasons", not appreciably influenced by earlier episodes in any way

I've cracked the Telltale code.

Season 1 of TWD is a masterpiece. 2 has its moments but couldn't match up. Lee is literally one of the best protagonists ever.

>Real life that tries to be video games

I;ve always hated league, it just isn't fun to play something for 45 minutes when you knew you lost 10 minutes in. Even playing with friends doesn't make it any better, and the gameplay isn't deep enough to make me want to get good.

With rocket league, just playng with friends makes the game way better, but the matches only last 5 minutes and you get a new one so losing doesn't feel like wasted time, and the gameplay is deep enough that one player can carry a team if they're good enough. It's also easy to pick up, where most mobas require hours of homework. Doesn't help the community is just garbage.

I could handle losses just fine; it was just the shit teammates that ultimately ruined the game for me.

>want to try an off build for a character
>instantly jumped by your teammates for not using the pros' builds even when said pros say their builds are situational and should only be used in a tournament with team coordination
>as soon as something goes south it's your fault for playing the off build even if you're the only one on the team not feeding
>reported

The reports never actually did anything of course but it just gets fucking annoying having to put up with that. Once my friends stopped playing I saw no reason to stay myself. It's fucking torture to play it solo. Everyone is completely fucking retarded and copies everything their precious pro players do EXCEPT how they play the game. They'll copy their builds and character picks all day, but will they fucking ward their lane or help a teammate out? Absolutely not.

>Filipino
>Chiptune entrance
I dunno whether to cringe or be impressed

100% irrefutable true list of TTG

Tales of Borderlands
V
Wolf Among Us
V
Walking dead 1
V
Walking dead Season 2
V
Game of shitty choices
V
The rest are equal to garbage

>Top isn't Sam and Max: Freelance Police or Puzzle Agent
Why not?

Those are Legacy, back when they made GOOD games

>Video games that try to be movies just end up being a shitty version of both.
truf

Oh.
Fair enough.

>Tales of Borderlands
Literally the worst one

4 of those are pretty good and 2 of those 4 are god tier. Fuck off OP

They all suck and so do you.