DRAGON QUEST DEMO OUT

DRAGON QUEST DEMO OUT

Are you guys enjoying it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKbK3zfTre0
youtube.com/watch?v=A2lnlAOAcKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Played the JP version, and yes I did enjoy it.

Did you play the whole game? The english version is out.

No, just the JP demo. Got the English version pre-ordered.

>another minecraft ripoff
lmaoing @ your life

Where do I download the demo for ps4 I can get to find it

Check the free section

Go to the "Free" section. where I found my download

I like the demo. Dragon Quest games have to try really, really hard to be bad. They're just so damn good.

Amazon Prime preorder for 20% off nyigga.

>autismcraft-type of game
>not on pc
It's like they don't want money.
But why i'm even surprised, it's fucking square enix. There is no logic in their actions.

Its pretty comfy.

i cant get over the Toriyama faces man, everyone is fucking goku

It's way better than i thought it was Getting the Vita Version can't wait.

It's actually interesting.

I hate minecraft, but I enjoy dragon quest. I had no particular feelings, expectations or hype going into the demo and now I can't wait for the full release.

Give it a month or two before the inevitable silent port to Steam.

the daytime music sucks

too many tutorials

feels pretty slow

building feels restrictive

like, what's the point of building anything outside of the banner lit area?

Vita Day one buy. I literally only use my Vita for trips and walking on a tread mill. This game is going to be glorious.

Played on the vita already. It's pretty good

Is it Crossbuy?

Don't know, don't care. Don't have a console.

I WANT TO MARRY PIPPIN

I enjoyed it. Spent about 15 minutes whacking the dragon before I started pondering what I was doing with my life and then giving up. Guess I'm too casual for even a children's game.

>SE
>cross-buy
Guess.

Silent PC port to steam, First mod will be an animated sex mod for pippin.

Screen shot this.

THIS.

Any major differences between the Vita and PS4 versions?

The Vita version is Low the PS4 is Ultra. Thats the only difference and it's always the only difference.

It's comfy as fuck, can't wait for the full game.

It's takes the good from dragon quest and minecraft with a sprinkle of dark cloud to make a great game.

But you get a comfy couch user.

Wouldn't doubt it.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Gonna have to get it sometime I think.

Though I'm kinda salty that Vita isn't getting a physical release.

>dragon quest and minecraft with a sprinkle of dark cloud
That's actually a pretty good way to describe it

How long is this freaking demo? I played for an hour, then saved and quit. I just brought the dude who was buried in the dirt to my town.

dunno i've heard some people say 30minutes and others a few hours. I guess it matters if you fuck off a lot.

I was playing the JP version up until a bit after I unlocked the desert area warp, so I had access to a hammer and bamboo stuff. But I couldn't bring myself to care about continuing, does the game open up into something impressive or am I going to be playing a homemaking simulator for hours?

SHES A WHORE. All she does is boss me around.

>Got the JP demo a few days ago
>Too burned out of it to bother with the English demo
Welp.

Game is cute and actually has the structure I want in a game.
>Tell you all the materials you need to craft something
>Blueprints
>NPC you can interact with
>Questing
>Story
God damn everything I wanted in Minecraft

I was really surprised at how much I like it. I really want to get the full game, but I don't want to spend $60 on it. The vita version is tempting, but I haven't updated my vita since hacks were released for it and it doesn't have a physical version. I might cave in and pay the $60.

Its more of a terraria ripoff than a minecraft.

Comfy as fuck.

I'll wait for the PC version.

>can't find this on PS Store
Am I literally retarded? I can't seem to locate it on the NA store. Currently on PS4

Looks comfy

Anyone else notice that the English demo has framerate issues that weren't present in the Japanese demo? I remember the JPN demo running a silky smooth 60fps at all times. As soon as I reached the first flag area in the English demo there were framerate hiccups everywhere.

Use the search button or use a PC.

Is very comfy game.

Check the Free section, there should be a DQB header in there that you can click.

so it's literally the tomorrow children: single player mode?

fuck this shit.

>just retried using 'Free'
>literally right there
Guess I am retarded...

I played the whole demo didn't want it to end, made a glorious dirt city but couldn't find the dragon fuck

Yes. My PS4 fans also seem to be running louder in the English version. What the fuck did they do to it?

No idea, but I'm hoping we get a release patch to fix some of these issues. If not then that's NISA levels of fuck up.

Hahahah nah, my sister had trouble finding it too when she was looking for it. The store sucks complete ass sometimes.

It's fucking great m8

anyone play the jap version can you dig to the center of the earth and travel distant lands?

>walking on a tread mill

fuck thank you for reminding me to lose all the weight I gained after losing it all

I guess this game could help

The store is shit for demos. There should be a demo section not a free section.

meaningless buzzword

Comfy tranalates to monotonous

People who don't understand what a "comfy" game is are dead inside. Seriously, there's no other way to explain it.

>You can't change your characters hat/head gear

FUCK. Other than that, It really is a fun game.

Played it, didn't like it. Felt like the recent Harvest Moon games in terms of building stuff. Rather play Minecraft in that case.

>and it's always the only difference.
cool it there, autismo. how many PS4 disc based games have also been released on Vita?

there is no widespread standard for this shit.

I find that when people on here say a game is comfy, then they are saying that the game is relaxing. It's not that hard to figure out.

This. It isn't rage inducing and time killer.

I really do want to get this game, But because i'm a poor fag i'm going to wait a while until it goes on sale.
Glad the demo came out though, Really liked it.

Not that user but for the most part that difference is usually true: the PS4 version only differs by framerate and graphics--which is good, mind you. I can only think of the PS4's DOAX3 that actually had some extra content, and I think that was only skin-tanning and better physics.

Go to poison area by following the top of the mountain range then follow the coastline away from the mountains to grassland. Dragon is on a plateau.

but user, I'm a poor too but I'm going to buy this for the vita. just try to get extra overtime

is the demo timed?

no

I think its fun.

>find the dragon
>dig under it because someone said that in a thread
>couldn't hit it, still not sure why
>accidently hit more dirt
>dragon falls down 2x2 hole and then spins to make a crater
>There's now a pit with a dragon in it with a bunch of my stuff

DQ7 on 3ds has the same problem. I don't know why changing a bunch of text would make the games run worse.

Yeah it's fucking amazing.

is it on ps4?

it's a feature: localizing it means to make it more cinematic, which westerners love

yup and physical too, lucky bastards

The demo has no content outside of the tutorial missions.

Does the demo show off fighting or combat at all or is it just minecraft with a dragon quest skin?

it has very shallow combat.

Its comfy

I've been enjoying it a lot, just recruited the bearded dude. However, is there a way to save?

The flag in town.

Woops. That was silly of me. Never touched the banner after I planted it. Thanks user!

Will we be able to use this save in the final version?

Holy shit this game combines the comfy factor of both minecraft and DQ while taking a shit on minecraft's gameplay. I just wish it was less expensive

In all seriousness, i'm really liking it. I'm not fan of sandbox games, but this is really enjoyable for me. Unfortunately, I don't have money for it right now. I hope to buy it some time this year. I love when games have demos, especially when they surprise me like this.

It's actually more like Zelda with Minecraft-ish elements.

>Though I'm kinda salty that Vita isn't getting a physical release.
It's not? FUCK. Guess I can wait on buying it, then.

>Not building Churches everywhere to irritate the Demon Lord

can I marry 2D qts?

It's more like Zelda than Minecraft.

on that note where's my action adventure Dragon Quest in the vein of 3D Zeldas

you're in the thread about it

I played the demo for 3 hours and loved it, then I realized I won't be able to transfer save data to the Asia English physical version and died inside.

So it's actually coming out outside of japan?
Shit, I should really have no business buying a PS4 with the way my finances are right now.

eh nah still looks fun

On that same note I'm looking forward to Heroes 2, which looks more promising.

>more open world instead of "select a map/mission"
>tower defense elements removed
>monster medals transform you into the monster instead
>gameplay is more action RPG with musou thrown in instead of tower defense with really minor musou elements
>main characters can equip multiple weapons
>original characters as a whole seem more interesting

get a vita my dude. using amazon, you can get one plus a 32 GB memory card for ~$180. then either hack it and pirate or just buy the game as you would normally do.

You could get the vita version if you have that.

Otherwise, wait for black friday sales.

>Bildrick isn't a hero
>woke up in a dungeon

What did he do?

so will it have DLC? I'm thinking of grabbing the vita asia english release, but I only have JP and US PSN accounts and don't want to buy another vita for just asian games

>digital only on vita

Fucking SE. Fucking Sony.

Is this getting localized? Or at least getting English Asia version.

Why would you buy the JP when the english version is coming out?

>why don't they waste money to physically release a game on a system that's pretty much dead as fuck

Gamestop pretty much doesn't even have a Vita section any more.

They still take preorders, though.

>poisoned earth is the only other shit you can build stuff with in the demo other than dirt
I want the damn full version right now.

I'm considering the vita version since the graphic difference and ability to play on tv may not be worth hundreds.
Do you think the black friday sale would apply to amazon? I'm a eurofag.

vita or ps4? im going to download the demo on ps4 for now.

Hell no.
Very likely yes. There's not much else of a reason to have a savepoint in a demo.

Definitely PS4 for the larger scale. although if portability is your thing, then the obvious choice is VITA

Localized? most likely not. The first game sold like garbage on all platforms int he west. China version, maybe.

>hell no
What are you smoking? It will surely come out in the west.

where did I say that I would? I'm just stating that I have JP and US accounts not an Asian once because I don't a fourth Vita

I know >comfy is seen as a meme, and anons do go overboard with it, but the portability aspect really does make it comfy as fuck

>It will surely come out in the west.
Keep praying, I guess.

Dragon Quest games rarely get localized and Dragon Quest Heroes flopped. You shouldn't expect a localization.

What are YOU smoking? DQ is not popular outside of Japan. Why WOULD it 100% get localized?

>spend 60 minutes hitting the dragon for 0-1 damage
>get a couch

>and Dragon Quest Heroes flopped
Where are you getting this from?

>they keep saying that while there are 3 DQ games coming out back to back in the west
M80s pls.

There's really no point in playing the demo after the tutorial missions are done.

There's nothing to do.

Except they've been working on getting them localized recently (notice we got Heroes and 7, are getting 8 and Builders) so who knows.

They might give us DQ Monsters Joker 2, with all the Professional version additions ala MH4U

Too bad progress won't carry over. But killing the dragon in the full game will be way easier anyway.

If you're referring to the 3DS games, those were localized actual years after the games originally came out. There was no guaranteed release with those, and those were mainline titles. DQB already didn't even get a retail Vita release. I wouldn't be so keen on believing that DQH2 just *HAS* to be localized.

>character in his underwear

L-lewd

>not building a dirt mansion for your qt wife
fag

Well there is no way to get more cloth in the demo. And I got hit a lot by the damn trees, farming them.

>those were localized actual years after the games originally came out.

and in the case of DQ7 it had to be completely redone from scratch basically.

>Where are you getting this from?
The fact that nobody bought the game and Square doesn't want to comment on how it did in the west. If it did well they would gloat about it.

>>they keep saying that while there are 3 DQ games coming out back to back in the west
Square testing the waters for more interest means they're going to localize every single game from now until the end of time?

The music alone makes it worth it. The game is the definition of comfy, rarely do games outside of level 5/3DS achieve this status for me.

Got my physical vita version pre ordered, going to chase the dragon with some fine white china heroin while I play too to achieve god-like comfy status. I can't wait.

Haven't touched h in years but this game is made for it, the music, the gameplay, the visuals, the cute af npcs. I'm pretty hype.

Btw there's even a sequel planned already with online multiplayer.

>Btw there's even a sequel planned already with online multiplayer.
Fucking DQ.
>Heroes 1
>no mp
>fans want mp
>Heroes 2
>has mp
>Builders 1
>no mp
>fans want mp

Hows it run on the vita anyway?

Well

I guess i could download it and see for myself.

They wouldn't localize 3 other games if they were testing the waters. This argument is going nowhere.

>physical version (vita)

Japanese?

bada bada BA babababaaaaa

English Asia, bitch

>physical
>Vita
>preordered
Does not compute

see

Wait, Heroes 2 has multiplayer?

Online or local?

Is there a place cheaper than Play-Goyim?

never ever in english

price in USD?

$40 but the non-shit shipping is $20, so $60

my first dragon quest game was 7, and good thing i played a main game first before this. i already like it, and the sound effects and lore mean more to me

Those games have been "localized" for a long time already, it's hardly hard work or a big investment to just release them in the west.

I hope it goes on PC. I already bought a 3DS for VII and VIII, and don't want to get a Vita for just one game.

>he didn't play DQ1 as his first
step it up senpai

DQ7 has an all new script, and even the 3DS version is still an 80+ hour game with an asston of text. To you think they just copy pasted the PS1 translation or something?

Not the vita ver on amazon muh nig

pirate muh nig
>i cant pirate
oh well

>blaming the Jews for your small penis

they didn't want people to get bored with a REAL TIME 100 HOUR MAIN QUEST!

yeah, everyone who played it knows what i fucking mean.

It's $5 more expensive where I got it from

i thought we were getting it, but not til like next year.

it's comfy
it suits the vita quite well, i would get it if i had a vita

really? I need an article, i want to believe

All I want is Rocket Slime 3

Im on the latest ver sadly.
Demo was really fun, i started it expecting shit and boredom but i got hooked so bad i played the demo for 3 hours.

I dunno if there's been any confirmation, but when KT started putting their shit on PC they started publishing all of their games they do for other franchises over here so I guess we'll see.

Once I get a bit better at moonrunes that's the first thing I'm gonna play

US getting the ps3 verison or is ps4 only?

PS4 and Vita only in the west.
Vita digital only.

That's rough. Guess I'll have to pass then.

It's fun but I'm not paying $60 for an upres'd Vita game.

There was a PS3 version?
Damn, I feel kinda ripped off now.

Good thing you will end up getting DQB huh?
youtube.com/watch?v=sKbK3zfTre0

I already had it preordered to support DQ in the west, but I had a lot of fun with the demo.

cute

I've been meaning to play this, but I've been busy with Darkest Dungeon nonstop

Can't wait to pirate it :^)

does the game let you build anything on your own or is it always hand holding?

always build on your own aside literally building what, one room in the tutorial (not including the one you fill a few holes in the wall of)

what about blueprints? they should just give you an idea and let you build it yourself

I don't even like DQ, I much prefer Final Fantasy, but, there's something about this game I'm really enjoying. It's very relaxing.

why not like both?

They only give you 1 blueprint ever in the demo so it's not a main thing certainly, maybe will pop up as quests (like here) in the main game more often, I dunno but here it's just that single one I think.

Because DQ is generic medieval fantasy. FF, past the first, is unique.

>ctrl-f "comfy"
>17 matches

>that one guy who wants everything to be an argument

Not that guy yeah that's kinda true but I still like DQ as well, it's just a tradditonally solid grassroots rpg. Good story, good music and gameplay is also good. It's a comfy adventure

Yea, it's good.

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME HOLY SHIT I CAN WAIT TO PLAY THE FULL GAME

>Some user tells me that you can cheese the dragon by digging a hole under him and thwacking him with little 1 hp attacks.
>This happens

Thanks user. You got me. You got me real good.

What's wrong with comfy?

>cold out
>Blanket
>hot chocolate
>relaxing vidya like this

It's without a doubt the best feeling.

Same thing happened to me. I ended up using that to dig out a big arena.

Comfy is basically Cred Forums somehow unintentionally stealing the concept of Hygge from the Danes.

youtube.com/watch?v=A2lnlAOAcKQ

>tfw this idea sounds good but when I put it into practice I just fall asleep because its too comfy to handle

When I read that post I was thinking similarly. Where I love the whole idea and I think about it a lot like, "Oh I can't wait to sit in my bed in a comfy blanket with hot cocoa" but it never happens and I feel like that RARELY happens and people just like to say it because it is true after all.

kill him

Nigga I did it just a few hours ago with Dragon Quest Builders.

Yeah it sounds good howver, I have had it sometimes where I managed to stay awake and concentrated on the game while in blankies and its raining outside. It's rare though because every other time I will just drift off into sleep like a lamb but its really good when it happens

How do u stay awake and not fall asleep from the comfiness? Maybe my body is sleep depcrived or something =(

You'll have a greater chance of enjoying the story if you play Dragon Quest 1 before playing this. I'm noticing a lot of cheeky references.

Strangely enough, they seem to be sticking with the English release of the NES for names, as opposed to the GBC remake. If you wanna try it out, playing the GBC or the Super Famicom version will do you good, and it should only take 8 hours even for a newbie.

I mean sometimes I need a good nap between sessions. I'm not sure user. Maybe try playing after taking a nap.

I downloaded it but I really need to be an adult and fill out job applications and do some studying first. And yet I've been browsing 4 Chan for the last 3 hours, fuck me.

It's not getting dlc right? I want the asian physical but if it ends up getting good dlc then I'll have to bail on that.

Or just do that stuff if i ever find a cheap ps4.

I'm a NEET atm, but I get a job every Winter so I'm just waiting till that opens up. It's funny though cause I have DQB on right now on ym TV yet I've been browsing this place the past hour

I went in expecting little from it, just another shitty Minecraft cash in.

Holy shit was I wrong. Gonna probably pre order next paycheck. I played it for a good 5 hours tonight. Love that the game actually has quests and a narrative rather than just "do whatever you want lmao"

Create 30+ cream.

1. Hit him on the head 4/5 times.
2. Run left.
3. Repeat for 15 minutes.

A mattress helps also.

I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it. Already played and beat the Japanese version, but I'll probably double-dip.

Vita or PS4? I like the portable aspect but I'm not sure how big of a downgrade it is.

see

looks like it doesnt run as well on the vita

>two more weeks

i have an important question. can you transfer demo save to the real game?

>Comes out in two weeks
>Birthday happens two weeks later
>Friends and family demand birthday list for gifts
Not sure if I can hold out 4 weeks. I'm tempted to get the vita version secretly just to get my fix, but apparently there's no cross save.

Alright so this is a weird question to ask in this thread, but is there any hack/homebrew way of spoofing FW on the Vita? I have HENkaku installed, but no real homebrew/hack stuff. I plan on buying this which is why I want to go on the PS store which requires the latest FW.

there is to access psn and download shit and play online but you have a good chance at being banned at a later date so i have been using a new account and havent gone online at all
so far new digital games require 3.61 and therefor cant be played with Henkaku
no high profile physical games have come out past 3.61 so we dont know if those have a firmware requirement but they most likely will, shame since i plan on buying an handful of new games for my vita even with Hen installed to save up on space.

i assume people are gonna try and hack it to get it playable and do ps3 style fw spoofing for games or lower their firmware requirements but who knows if sony is gonna step it up or not considering the vita is dead to them

anyone/?

not him but i've always been afraid of getting the ban hammer. so far i used henkaku like twice, and got two trophies in games i dont own. but i went and signed off of my psn and i dont plan to sign back in, so i should be good now right?

nobody knows

>Hunger meter
My only grip with this game

idk, as long as you didnt sync the trophies(if you played them on your main account) you should be fine but who knows at this point
i wiped my mem card and made a whole new account for this since i dont want my account being banned since its used by my household for ps4 shit. havent syncd trophies or anything or used any ps services, just put the account on their but never signed in besides the initial set up after wiping my mem card.

i just assume they will ban everyone if they have the info to do it like they did with ps3 hacks a long time ago

I assume they have some way of checking if the game is physical or digital and theoretically they could check
>Digital game trophies o
>License for said game x
>Ban

but if they dont and have no way of knowing you used, say a friends cart and they couldnt ban you or at least wouldnt unless they also had some proof of modding/ToS breaking that would warrant it
technically they can ban you for literally whatever they want and not disclose it because of how ToS works but who knows

I literally do this every night with my Vita and phone until i fall asleep its bliss.

how long was it after they started to ban ps3 users? i think i did sync the trophies cause i see them on my ps4, but they are games you can get digitally. i just hope im safe i already signed out of psn on there

honestly dont remember user, worst case scenario and they start banning and you get banned make some bullshit up about how you sold your vita a while back and then make a sob story how you just realized you forgot to wipe the memory card or that you vita got stolen and they did that shit. idk if that shit goes over with sony support but xbox support used to be the best and i could get anything back from them. My XBL got perma banned and i called them the next day and got my 12+ months of gold removed from my account and emailed to me in code form, best part was all my digital games that were downloaded still worked on my new account.

This
It just seems out of place for some reason. I forget about it until the meter runs out and is flashing red at me

if i got banned, what would happen?

idk how ps4 account bans work but i assume, you either just cant login anymore and cant access any purchases on that console from that account
console ban is it cant go online in any way anymore
ip ban is your router ip is banned and you have to change it(this happened to me last week and i just waited 4 days since my ISP has a dynamic ip and it changes every once in a while)
theres also a chance they blacklist your payment info or at least i would guess they would but i actually have 0 clue about this, just a wild guess

(you)

if i got banned, then i'm starting my entire life over. i hope i don't get banned, but right now i am signed out of the psn on my vita so i'm just going to calm myself and embrace the future.

yep, thats how it feels. just try and forget about it and move on until the day comes and then freak out for a bit

>what is the Amazon english release

pc port when

Never.

I want this so much, especially for including my favorite DQ characters like Hassan.