Give me 1 good reason and 1 bad reason Mega Man X didn't have a save feature instead of a password system

Give me 1 good reason and 1 bad reason Mega Man X didn't have a save feature instead of a password system

Play the good version the megaman x collection of ps2. emulate that shit and stop bitching

Good reason: It made the carts less expensive to produce.
Bad reason: Passwords are more annoying than having a save feature.

The NES Mega Man games never had save features either.

1. It reduced the cost of each cartridge

There are no bad reasons, the game's freaking short come on.

/thread

A lack of technology shouldn't influence future games
should games stop including save features because older games didn't have them? o.O

>no shitty battery to die and fuck you over
>could continue game on any cart/system
>could password manipulate a free leg upgrade so you didn't have to start with fag penguin every time
>on the collections you could keep a game going even if you have no memory card or your only memory cart got fucked

>sole con: you will always lose the password you wrote down

If you can't be fucked to enter 12 numbers then you are a fucking faggot

pass is the clearly superior choice

now with Emulators and shit nowadays. its now a easily fixable problem. Even the Mega man X collection has saves for the first three Megaman X games.

Because save batteries cost money and those passwords are easy as fuck to keep.

But why do you need to keep a password in MMX in 2016, you baby man? You can beat the game in a single sitting.

>emulators
if you have save states it doesn't matter which system you use

>collections
were hardly more than password enterers, they don't even save your position in the sigma stages

>cost is easily fixable problem when there is no cost involved for any party
gee

Future-proof cross-console cross-save that never goes bad

I bet you don't envy those pokemon losers that have their saves drop like endangered species

No, but I bet they envy Pokémon fans for getting yearly releases when Megaman doesn't.

Only pokemon games that isn't cross compatible is GSC to RSE.

Aside that, you can transfer all the way up from GBA games to ORAS.

Golly boy I wish they dropped Megaman X like FIFA
Oh wait no I don't

All you need to do is look at metroid to see where that retardation gets you these days

Side question
Why is MMX easier in 2016 than 1993? Are just more familiar with the video games so they're easier?

Metroid fags don't play games.
They just bitch at nintendo for killing their precious series.

And forgetting that Super to Prime took some time.

Passwords are great, it's like cheat codes.

This isn't exactly on topic but this was my totem I made for a festival.

I guess we're more familiar and better at games, yeah
the hardest nes game I played was mario 3 but if you asked me before 2000 I would have said beating MMX was nearry impossibru
now it's not a problem at all, for anyone apparently

Maverick Hunter X 2 and Powered up NEVER EVER

I would fucking love to play as Megaman 2 Robot masters

Listen.

LttP was a way more complicated game with way more variables that saved.
It was possible and worth it.

Fuck you.
I fucking WISH there was a MMX: MH2

feels bad man
I wouldn't buy MHX2 with no Vile mode though, it was the only good part.
I don't know how that would work though.

They both sold like shit, because lol psp, and no marketing at all.

Devs wanted remake or fix the all the games till x6 to collection but capcom refused. And later MHX sold like shit killing the chances of remakes.

>Good
These password grids have been apart of the mega man franchise since 2. Keeping them in made the series feel a but more like megaman.

You also forget that passwords let a infinite amount of people track their personnel progress in the game. You can lend a game and not worry about saves being deleted. It also prevents the save battery from running out by not having one.

>Bad

If you're the only one playing the game saves would of been faster.

Give me 1 game where you would rather turn it off after 25 minutes, than save your progress and complete another 10 minutes.

I am acknowledging Mega Man X is a 45 minute game, after you know what you're doing.
Does a save feature make any other short game not worth playing? "I don't want to replay that, I might save and quit instead of playing it in one sitting"