Popular Games/Series That You Just Can't Get Into

Pic related. I know as much as the next guy about Metal Gear Solid, but I have never beat a single one. I even own the majority of the games, but after seeing people play through the games...I just can't fucking get into it knowing I'm going to have to go through all that bullshit just to say I snuck around stealthy. It's annoying to take things slow.

I just tried Metal Gear Solid 5, I got into 10 missions + the side missions and I don't care to play anymore. Knowing I'm going to have to repeat the same process over and over plus the whole mother base nonsense just to take a fucking shower and manufacture guns I'm not even suppose to use just seems so limiting to me.

Monster Hunter.
Like fuck I'll accept camera and movement on my left hand, nor would I accept the right face buttons slide clockwise. I'm used to Square-Equivalent being light attack, not Triangle-Equivalent.
Similarly, Metal Gear Solid, 1 to PO. PW, 4, and V are actually playable.

Banjo Kazooie. I had to force myself to finish Kazooie and I dropped Tooie at the dinosaur level. Just could not be bothered to play farther.

They expect you to collect all those pieces for no fucking reason too. Totally agree with you.

They're playable but at the same time, I just can't bring myself to care to play them.

Ever see some bullshit parts in video games that completely ruins the entire experience because of that one part? That's exactly what I'm talking about only involving the entire game.

Yakuza is just so slow

Dark souls

i tried my best,i realy did

played for over 40 hours on pc, even got a copy for the ps3 version , but man
i hate those shitty controls

You mean slow by story or gameplay? I'm actually downloading Yakuza 4 atm and it's my first one so I'm curious your thoughts on it.

Demon/Dark Souls are just purely unfinished games. "Git gud" is basically a way of saying "Get good at playing through a broken game that has zero to no polish to it. But don't use the class you want to because that's like cheating"

the gameplay on the first yakuza was realy clunky so he is probably talking about gameplay

i recond you to play the remake when it comes out eventualy in 2025

>2025

I'll probably be dead by then user

>Elder Scrolls
>Bioware games
>GTA series
>3D Zelda games

Tried playing them a few times but always got bored after an hour or so. I don't think I'm missing much though.

so will the yakuza series

Kirby, metroid, and 2d Mario.

I dont really get why, for whatever reason they more me to tears.
It's not like i don't like 2d platforms because i love games like klonoa, 2d sonic, rocket knight, mighty bomb jack, and every vanillaware game that isn't dragons crown.

I just can't get into them and i don't see what people see in them outside of nostagic value.

Fallout, I've tried to play the first and New Vegas, but I just can't seem to get into them.

Seiken Densetsu / Mana series
I've restarted Secret of Mana a fair ammount of times, but I've always found the gameplay to be fairly boring. The furthest I got was the snake boss recolor after the mana fortress. Only thing I've found memorable in this game has been some of it's music.

Maybe you find them a bit slow.

I'd be inclined to agree but Klonoa isn't a very fast game, its actually really slow. Same thing with games like rocket knight, castle of illusion, and Prinny.

Fire Emblem. I got Sacred Stones as part of the ambassador program but got as far as Chapter 10x before giving up. I'm also not fond of the permadeath thing
Honorable mention to 3D Zelda games: I can get far and even complete the 2D ones, but I stop halfway at most in the 3D games.

Persona 3 FES

I don't want to use a guide, but I've already had the ending spoilered and I'd like to knock out all the content of the game in one playthrough, which is impossible. Also I hate that sometimes I screw up a S-Link because I interpret a word or phrase wrong.

I don't get why anybody still loves Chrono Trigger. I understand why it was loved back in the day but its outdated.

And Xenogears too for that matter.

I used to think the same with chrono trigger, but then i looked at it from a different perspective. But the story is mainly what people like most about it.
Same with xenogears.
They're RPGs. Story will always come before gameplay.

literally git gud.

No, I rather not play them at all.