Which company will drop out of the video game console market?

Which company will drop out of the video game console market?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/3850264/nintendo-sales-wii-u-3ds-universal-studios/
amigobulls.com/stocks/NTDOY/income-statement/annual
youtube.com/watch?v=RXOuzytkHGA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-operating_income
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully Shitendo. Those turds they call consoles are nothing but underpowered toys for little kids, and kids have smartphones now so they don't need nintendo toys.

Microsoft. Looks like they're slowly moving to PC. Probably start their own Steam that's not what we have now.

Microsoft seems to be in the process of making the move.

Probably Microsoft.

MS already said this is the last consoel they make
so them first

Microsoft

Nintendo will never drop from the videogame market; they have the most fanatically loyal fanbase of all so they will never run out of money.

>Nintendo will never drop from the videogame market
I wouldn't be so sure. Virtually no third party support, NX is supposedly running on current gen specs, delaying Breath of the Wild to release with the NX. They've become as bad as Sony consumer wise, but have a library smaller than the Xbone.

Bitter, are we?

Thry never said the new Zelda is a launch title.

Gonna have to say Microsoft as well. At least I hope they do.

Nintendo has already set their sights on the mobile market, so probably them. Sony and MS will fight it out to the bitter end.

>Nintendo has already set their sights on the mobile market
That's not true.

Probably Sony, Microsoft, Valve or GOG pay him.

Microsoft

Nintedone. As soon as the SuperNes generation grows tired of their memories being raped over and over with shitty genre mixture Zeldas and rehashed Marios, they are done. Japan alone can't keep them afloat.

It absolutely is true. The NX will be some weird mobile/handheld/console type thing. People saying MS are literally retarded, same goes for Sony. These two will be fighting it out in the console market long after Nintendo has fucked off entirely.

M$ already gave up on xbox

No one fucking remembers that the current Xbox even exists half the time. All the console warring you see is between PC, PS4 and Wii U. No one gives a shit about Xbox. Not even enough to shit post about it.

The ps4 pro is underpowered for my tastes dude, and i dont spend more than 400 bucks on a gayms machine

>Probably start their own Steam

They've tried this before, didn't work. The reason the Xbox is still around is literally the existence of Steam and Origin. If MS had a good and popular game platform for PC their console would be history by now.

said the proud fanboy of a boxed netbook

>Probably start their own Steam
>Games for Widows Live

Xbox probably will become MS brand of Steam Machines

Are you retarded? Japan has never kept Zelda afloat. Do better research because most of what's keeping Zelda afloat is outside of Japan.

None of them.

Sony. It's only a matter of time until they convert all their studios into Pixar-esque CGI film studios

Is that why they're releasing the Scorpio next year, because they're dropping out? Dont be a moron. MS is fighting a war of attrition against Sony, they're not gonna fuck off ever, regardless of how much you want them to. And why would you want them to? They're the only company directly competing with Sony at this point in the console market.

>LE GAMING WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT MS

No, gaming would NOT be better off in a world where Sony has a virtual monopoly in the console market. The reason they stay competitive is because of Microsoft.

Sony.

I can't believe a company interested in staying in business would greenlight that ugly PS4Pro design. Just seems like trolling.

>microsoft drops out
>sells its xbox division to samsung
>once again sony gets cucked to oblivion

>Sony
>implying
>Crash Bandicoot sells 6 million an entry and they have the IP back
>God of War trailer has 13 million views and it's not an ad
>Spider-Man is exclusive because Sony San Mateo is working on it with Insomniac and it will bring every Marvel cuck to PS4
>Implying Horizon Dawn doesn't look amazing, has as many views as Zelda does on YT and won't bring every female gamer to the table and make it a smashing success
>Implying Sony don't have two more games with FROM SOFTWARE
>Implying Japan Studio aren't goat after making The Old Hunters and aren't working on a gigantic JRPG right now
>Implying shit like Trails of Cold Steel 3, Ys 8, Granblue Fantasy Re link, and the plethora of Japanese only games PS4 gets don't make it the best and will keep Sony at the top of the console gaming world for ever and ever

JUST TRY to argue with this logic, it's impossible, I haven't even gone to talk about all their other 3 million sellers like Infamous, Killzone, etc

That is what I am saying . EU & US audiences get tired of Zelda: Nu Link and Mario 724532^10, the japanese DS market isn't enough to save the company.

With the exception of the slim revision of the Xbone, none of the consoles this gen have been even remotely attractive.

>Implying Horizon Dawn doesn't look amazing
I doesn't though. Right now it looks like Far Cry clone and those games are boring and generic as shit. Combat looks ok I guess but again, nothing special. Another stupid open world game.

>that's not what we have now

they tried once and failed so probably they not try again more likely strike a partnership with valve

Forgot about this i'm still using windows 7

Microsoft. Then Sony. Then Nintendo (maybe)

MS has never "won" a console generation and they're already trying to move everyone to Windows 10.

Sony is just a mess. They had the world's strongest name in portable music in the Walkman before deciding that they couldn't be fucked to try to compete with Apple. They had nice TVs before letting their lunch get eaten by Samsung. They sold the Vaio line. Sony Pictures miraculously owns the rights to Spider-Man but can't do anything worthwhile with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Xperia gets chopped off at some point. Music unlimited was WAY late to the game. Playstation is the one thing that works at Sony, but I can see them becoming a brand name of specialty gaming PCs in the future.

Post 2011 has been the toughest times Nintendo has ever seen. Even so though, they sold 70 million units of dedicated gaming hardware and they're the only thing that offers something that gaming PCs don't. They're gonna hold out the longest.

If Microsoft really wants to make this video games thing work, they should just buy Valve IMO. Go to them, say, "Here is the XBox brand, do whatever you think is best with it."

>buy Valve
Gabe will not sell

Sony also has insurance business and will not leave the console market before Nintendo (pride)

Sony and MS already have. They make media centres, not consoles.

Nintendo has already gone portable-only with the NX being a follow up to the 3DS and not releasing a follow up to the Wii U.

Microsoft has said they aren't interested in following console generation cycles anymore.

Sony will ultimately be the last one standing unless everyone abandons consoles for PCs or smart phones in which case Sony is screwed.

Nintendo, for a few very valid reasons.

1: They've lost hardware presence in the gaming market aside the Wii, which was a flash in the pan fad that is not coming back. Since the 90's their hardware sales have dwindled except for the Wii's astronomical performance that sold on a 1 time gimmick invention.

2: The afformentioned "lightning in a bottle" they're chasing with gimmicks has fried them once with the WiiU, and that was NOT '''''JUST''''' their poor unveiling of it, or their poor marketing. No...rather it was their handling of deciding hardware (which shot them in the foot with 3rd parties, which whether you wanna scream "WE DONT NEED CALL OH DOODY TRIPLE A SHIT", which was on WiiU I remind you, is important whether you like it or not.) and their complete reliance of a gimmick to sell said weak hardware.

3: Nintendo is a corporation, not your friend, and not a game industry hero despite the fact that yes, they restored interest in gaming after the 80's crash. Even if they have a lot of money to sustain failures, their investors, shareholders, and board members want to KEEP their money, not piss it away with constant failed attempts at hardware. Nintendo is NOT a private company, so if the majority want to push them to 3rd party to save face IT WILL HAPPEN.

4: Their IP's as memorable and pop culture as they are (proven by the mindblowing success of pokemon GO) will not save them if they continue to crank out stale, samey, gimmick reliant, ultra safe no-risks-taken first party titles at a slow rate. They have to invest in some studios, get some bigger teams making games, and fill the gaps in software. they addressed this but sayin and doin are two different things.

tl;dr, sales matter, hardware matters, 3rd parties matter, interest in gimmicks is dead and the fad has passed. Nintendo has to play ball or be forced out.

Before you Ree, I'm a Nintendo fan. Probably longer than you've been alive.

ALL. CONSOLES. ARE. UNDERPOWERED.

This has ALWAYS been the case. There has NEVER been a console that wasn't underpowered.

But of course you are in denial about that because you've bought into the microsoft marketing.

>NX is supposedly running on current gen specs
Where the hell did you get this info from?

Nintendahu akbar

Microsoft already has. Xbox is now just a brand for Microsoft's gaming division and they'll only put out hardware to keep people in that PC ecosystem.

All Nintendo does is gaming and the future of games is in handheld systems, not neutered PC hardware. Nintendo is the only company capable of properly navigating the handheld market.

Sony will leave the console market kicking and screaming since they rely too heavily on the TV, an increasingly irrelevant screen in people's lives and they put out neutered PC hardware themselves.

>EU & US audiences get tired
Stop right there nigger. They buy every fucking Madden and COD game released every fucking year so why would they get tired of Mario and Zelda?

Sony will die from bankruptcy and Nintendo will continue to shoot themselves in the foot until they bleed out

>this the kinda nigga who's mom brings him food at his computer

honestly out of the 3 the one that looks like it actually has a backup get out of console plan is microsoft.

>Virtually no third party support
Nintendo gave third parties months to release games for the Wii U with no interruptions from Nintendo since all third parties ever do is bitch about how Nintendo games outsell their games or make other excuses.

They squandered that opportunity.

>NX is supposedly running on current gen specs
And? Specs do not matter, games matter.

as long as nintendo is even remotely profitable on hardware sales they're never leaving.

Sony. They will probably sell it to Google or Facebook or be forced to sell it because they will go bankrupt in the future.

>interest in gimmicks is dead
You would have a point here if VR wasn't the newest shit

Microsoft, then Sony.

I think the question is more, where are consoles going as an industry?

Obviously consoles are the dominant force in gaming, as much as we love to think of PC users as the only real "gamers", consoles tend to be where the bulk of game sales go (I think Witcher 3 was about 70% console sales) and they're only increasing in popularity, look at how many PS4's have been sold in it's lifetime, faster than any other console in history.

So I think we may see Google and Samsung try to break into the market, maybe even Amazon, but everyone's aware that oversaturation helps nobody. If Microsoft bows out of console sales (unlikely, Scorpio shows they have at least a 10 year plan), then we'll see some new people jump in. Until then, I think it's going to stay the same for the next 15 years or so, with MS/Sony dominating, Nintendo picking up the scraps from their niche position and PC as an alternative

This.

We're redefining what a console means with x64 consoles and mid-gen upgrades. I don't think it's very clear anymore, and it's arguable that consoles are already dead, with the last true gaming console being the Wii U

Microsoft is likely to release dedicated gaming machines that run Windows under the Xbox branding, and Sony will basically be doing the same thing with very similar hardware except a custom FreeBSD build instead of Windows. For all we know, NX is a smart device.

I would argue that all three of them have already dropped out, but it's more like the market has evolved beyond the point that we can apply such rigid archetypal definitions of gaming platforms

It's not possible to predict, as if it happens will be 15 years from now or so.
Until there, microsoft could very well have killed itself with windows 10, sony could have killed itself with VR, nintendo could have killed itself by selling the pokemon company...

Sure, keep telling yourself that as oculus is already dying and hardly anythings coming out for the VR platform. Aside that, VR is not a control gimmick, it's a viewing gimmick.

I feel like MS are already going to jump ship to PC after Scorpio

>remotely profitable

Son they've lost a ton of money not only on selling at a loss, but the invested money in the Wiiu consoles that are sitting not sold. They're stopping sending units to europe entirely soon. IF the NX has a gimmick no one cares about, or fails outright and cannot compete with the other hardware they're fucked. It wont matter what Miyamoto and Kimishima and such think.

A gimmick is still a gimmick

Also PS VR uses a fucking PS Move

>>Crash Bandicoot sells 6 million an entry and they have the IP back
You really think this? Are you the same guy who said P5 would sell 1 million copies in Japan?

>>God of War trailer has 13 million views and it's not an ad
I fail to see how youtube views matter. God Eater has trailers with millions of views.

>>Implying Horizon Dawn doesn't look amazing, has as many views as Zelda does on YT and won't bring every female gamer to the table and make it a smashing success
First off Horizon looks like shit and its most watched youtube video does not have as many views as BotW videos on youtube. It's like 4 million views short of Zelda's highest. I don't even know why this is important.

Also there is no sales info for Infamous outside of 1 million, and don't use that piece of shit sourceless VGchartz website.

And every gimmick sony has tried has failed and gone into irrelevancy.

Why would Sony ABANDON the Playstation if it's the only thing still rolling in a profit? It would be better if they just axed their useless proprietary hardware developers and became a dedicated entertainment company.

>Son they've lost a ton of money not only on selling at a loss
>[Citation Needed]
The only loss they've made was in 2011/2012, and that was due to the 3DS price cut

Nintendo had 3 years in a row of operating losses

2012 2013 and 2014 if I recall

I've never seen such a severe case of Stockholm syndrome

[Citation Needed]

>Sony and MS already have. They make media centers, not consoles.
them Microsoft never has a console and Sony stopped to made when the PS2 was launched

For consoles, pretty much all of them.

Microsoft's putting games on the Windows 10 store.
Sony's trying to do streaming only and failing at that.
Nintendo's going mobile.

I think Sony will pull out last though. Tough call on which of the other two will go out first.

Microsoft. I could see them selling the Xbox to Lenovo or Samsung or somebody. It just doesn't feel like the games stuff fits into anything else they're doing.

I could see Nintendo becoming less of a dedicated viya company and focusing more towards home electronics than strictly games. I think that's what they're going to try to do with the NX.

either it runs on tegra x2 or a recent AMD APU

Sony will be last definitely. Sony is failing in all other areas except the console market.

The 360 sure as fuck wasn't, it blew PCs away at release.

>damage control

google.com

I'm really tired of spoonfeeding every faggot who acts like this isn't common knowledge. There's a reason shareholders were demanding Iwata's head and it's because they were in the red 3 years in a row

Nintendo, they've been in a rapid decline since midway through the Wii.

Microsoft might evolve out of it, but if Nintendo leaves, they'll definitely double down.

Microsoft

Good riddance for them abandoning their pre-2009 good era and turning to ruining AAA/ Xbox brand/ the industry with military shooters/westernizing gook games/ dropping japanese support

>Implying Horizon Dawn doesn't look amazing, has as many views as Zelda does on YT and won't bring every female gamer to the table and make it a smashing success
user, come here - I need to tell you a secret.

Come closer.

Actual girls who enjoy buying and playing video games don't give two flying fucks about the gender of the protagonist

>And? Specs do not matter, games matter.
that is not true the fact that Nintendo franchises and Pokemon are struggling to run in they underpowered hardware proves that specs does mater

Nintendo has also made a shitfuck of money off of the wii and they are probably still using that money.

You lazy bastard

Also I still only found the operating losses in 2011/12

Apple tried to mark the Apple TV as console alternative and din't have success

nintendo has huge coffers but it can vaporize very quickly if people just stop buying nintendo shit because they also have billions in expenses

for instance if they sink a few billion on NX hardware/software launch and few people decide to buy it, that represents a huge loss. you can't run a company as big as nintendo without it costing a lot of money, which is exactly why they have those coffers

Microsoft will move to PC
Sony slowly integrates their consoles into their other products (ie 2k cost 4k TV with PS? components)
Nintendo continues with their success on the NX which is actually a phone/tablet style system replacing both their consoles and regular handhelds

The video game industry is now primarily driven by DLC and phone games.

If you don't like either of those things then the industry doesn't care about you.

I'm not posting a link for every year, and there aren't many that summarize the issue nicely

time.com/3850264/nintendo-sales-wii-u-3ds-universal-studios/
>Nintendo posted its first operating profit in four years Thursday,
This should suffice

You're lying.

amigobulls.com/stocks/NTDOY/income-statement/annual

Every year was a profit, only 2012 and 2014 had losses.

When you lump all consoles together as a single platform, sure.

At the same time, the profits matter more than how many copies you move, and digital sales (more popular on PC) have higher profit margins than physical sales (more popular on console). To bring up a recent example, Witcher 3 earned 50% of its' overall profits from the digital sales, even though these only accounted for 25% of total copies moved.

>Actual girls who enjoy buying and playing video games don't give two flying fucks about the gender of the protagonist

Every single female youtuber who has done a reaction to horizon zero dawn e3 trailers have said they like the female protag with the sjw ones going as far as saying they like a ''strong female lead''. I've watched every single reaction on youtube to Horizon from girls

>but it can vaporize very quickly if people just stop buying nintendo shit
If they can still profit off the fucking Wii U of all things there's not really much to worry about

That has zero basis in reality. PCs have never been less than 2x more powerful than the most powerful console, and are usually between 3x and 5x more powerful. During the early gens they were about 7x more powerful.

Sony

no you sound like a fucking fool

>Every single female youtuber
Yeah, because if there's a demographic of people who I'll take at face value it's YouTubers

That doesn't really tell us much TBQH

>that doujin
>urethra insertion tag

Fuck that shit

Microsoft.

Both Sony and MS's consoles have become locked down PC's for retards, but it looks like MS will be the first to drop all pretense.

This

urethra insertion tag

Because those add non-operating income.

Basically think of it like this. You run a lemonade stand. Your lemonade powder and sugar costs you money and you sell the lemonade you make. But you also have a bank account with $1000 in it that's collecting interest.

Due to being a complete fucking idiot, you were selling lemonade for 10 cents a cup when each cup was actually costing you 12 cents. You sold 10 cups so you've made an operating loss of 20 cents.

But, for that period you also gained 30 cents in interest from your money in the bank, so your net profit was 10 cents for that reporting period.

Ironically, had you not done your lemonade business *at all*, you would have made *more* money because you lost money on your operations.

That's where Nintendo was in 2012-14. They lost money making video games, hardware and all related paraphernalia. Nintendo has tons of investments, however, and they also had a favorable exchange rate, so their net for 2013 was positive even though they would have made more money had they not made/sold a single video game.

Yup, good thing Nintendo and Microsoft planned for this.

Well worded post

All I see here is damage control

>they rely too heavily on the TV

>he actually thinks each crash remaster is going to sell 6 million
>he actually thinks youtube views matter
>he actually thinks Horizon looks good
>calls someone else a tool

Fucking ironic. The pot calls the kettle black.

faggot

cuck

wow all this mad

>"Listen to my armchair economic analysis even when clearly I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about"
kys

>get BTFO
>"L-lol u mad..."

This fucking damage control, top kek.

FIRST POST BEST POST

>damage control

youtube.com/watch?v=RXOuzytkHGA

>Nintendo makes nothing but vidya hardware and software, and SOME side products like Amiibos that sell BECAUSE of their memorable game is. Hardware and proprietary software are their bread and butter so they're not dropping out any time soon short of bankruptcy

>Gaming is literally the only profitable and stable branch of Sony, they're not going to drop out of ot any time soon, especially after the mass success of the PS4

Meanwhile, Microsoft are already making plans to drop out of the console race and porting most if not all of their games to W10. They have plenty of other, more successful ventures than vidya to fall back to and could just continue making games exclusive to their exploitation system if they want proprietary software. If anyone's going to be the first to drop out it's them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-operating_income

The only one who doesn't have a clue here is you. I tried to break it down to a level that even an idiot could understand but I was obviously still aiming a bit too high ;^)

Even when you expect people to be fucking stupid, they still fail to live up to your expectations.

That's a life lesson.

Yes they did.

When it's all said and done it'll boil down to this:

Microsoft will control the platform for PC gaming.

Apple will control the platform for mobile gaming.

Sony will control the platform for home console gaming.

Nintendo will control the platform for portable console gaming.

Everyone is going to settle into their own niche. There will be very little direct competition in the video game industry anymore, if any at all.

This is the best post ITT.

Not really. It reads like a Neogaf post.

This. The future of the video game industry is going to be about CONTROL, not just pure sales numbers anymore. And the focus will be on "platforms" rather than the familiar hardware/software dichotomy.

Seeing as how the Wii U has a worse CPU than the 360, not sure why people think the NX will even try to reach the heights of the PS4/Xbone

No, the 360 was actually much stronger then any gaming PC on its release.

It has no facts. It's a typical fanboy Cred Forums post that ends up being 100% wrong because you faggots believe every meme you read on the internet and let yourselves be manipulated by viral marketers.

Is it 2012 in here?

Arguably this has already happened.

Completely false. The PS3 was more powerful. Only Microsoft viral marketers have ever claimed that Xbox was some kind of powerhouse.

You mean free of delusion and full of truth?

NeoGAF posts are pretty bad but that post was actually 100% right.

Nintendo is at the bottom of the picture so they are more likely to drop. If Microsoft dopped, it would land on Nintendo. The momentum would transfer to Nintendo and Microsoft would bounce back up while Nintendo would drop. If Sony dropped they might flip off to the side because they are on an angle and they'd bounce off the corner of Nintendo. But a ricochet to the side is not the same as dropping, so Sony would not drop. Keep in mind though, that if the arrangement of the logos in the picture were to change, then all bets would be off.

360 came out in 2005

PS3 was 2006.

>You mean free of delusion and full of truth?

THIS GUY GETS IT. EVERYONE READ THIS. IT'S NOT ABOUT "CONSOLE MARKETS" ANYMORE. OP'S QUESTION IS BASED ON A FUNDAMENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE CURRENT STATE OF THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY. HE'S STILL STUCK IN 6TH GEN THINKING. THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO THE MODERN INDUSTRY. MOBILE AND MICROTRANSACTIONS HAVE TAKEN OVER.

The cell processor was relatively advanced tech, but overall the PS3 and the 360 were roughly equivalent in terms of power (The distribution of 'power' amongst the various parts of the hardware was hugely distinct though).

But even so, neither console was 'more powerful' than PCs at the time, so the initial point stands.

NeoGAF is a safe space of inoffensive and predictable opinions.

No. See:

>You mean free of delusion and full of truth?
What?

Cred Forums has NEVER been right about ANYTHING.

What makes you think that's suddenly going to change?

>NeoGAF is a safe space of inoffensive and predictable opinions.
They suck off SJWs, that's not "inoffensive"

>Cred Forums has NEVER been right about ANYTHING.
Doesn't that mean the statement that Cred Forums has never been right about anything must be wrong, therefore Cred Forums must have been right about at least one thing?

True or false: This sentence is false.

>They suck off SJWs, that's not "inoffensive"
user the Fourth Reich is coming relax

This guy knows what's up

Realistically...Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony I still think sell enough consoles due to Netflix and related things.

Nintendo can easily just switch to mobile stuff.

Nah, Microsoft
Sony: other areas doing way to badly, just a single mistake and they're out
Nintendo can probably survive on theme parks and movie licensing

If there is any justice in the world, it will be Microsoft.

hostile takeover then

Valve is a private company

You got that completely backwards. New consoles in the older generations use to be stronger than anything but top of the line PCs. The PS2 especially was hyped as fuck back in 2000. It's only with the most recent generations that consoles have been massively outdated at unveiling.

>New consoles in the older generations use to be stronger than anything but top of the line PCs.
Nope.

>Sony: other areas doing way to badly,
That's why they're not going to leave you fucking moron. It was their ONLY profitable sector till this year, even a huge fuckup isn't going to see them abandoning it. They'll abandon other shit and try to beat Playstation back to life until the company goes down or something else ends up becoming their new "only sector that profits"

Microsoft on the other hand has to choose to do it.

Valve is a privately owned company.

being this delusional

Microsoft without a doubt. Their next "console" will just be a custom PC built for cheap with Windows 10/11/whatever is next. They are already releasing their games on PC and are testing if they can keep piracy down, but still sell some games.

>console
Microsoft.
That being said they amd nintendo will be gaming power houses much longer than sony.
Nintendo is purely games at this point Pc isn't going anywhere. If things stop going sony's way they will drop out,say after a serious market crash or something.

Hopefully none of them and some other companies will enter the race. The more competitors, the better for the customer (You).
Brand loyalty and console wars are for legally retarded people or kids who depend on their parents.
I'm still hoping apple will somehow enter the race, but they seem more concerned with building cars and ruining the iPhone now.

>MS already said this is the last consoel they make
Nope, they didn't.

>for ever and ever
Enjoy that delusion sonycuck LMAO im sure back in the 80s/90s people said nintendo shall rule forever

If they don't get their act together and quit with the crappy consoles, they're not going to be around much longer. I agree they have great games, but they need to quit while they're ahead like Sega and Atari did. No one wants their underpowered kiddy consoles. They need to get out of the hardware business and release their games on real platforms.

>real platforms
Only PC then. Good to hear

Also isn't the 3DS doing extremely well?

Microsoft seem to be admitting defeat already with the inclusion of more of it's exclusives to the pc market.
As for Nintendo it all depends of how good the NX does and sony seems to be doing all right with the ps4 but it seems the handheld consoles are dead for them.

If it was doing well, I doubt investors would be begging Nintendo to release more games on smartphones!

What's so bad about it? It's one of the coolest looking consoles.

Nintendo can't tank another Wii U like generation without their shareholders storming Japan HQ and beheading people.

Sony.

>console and pc gaming will die in your lifetime
>physical games will die in your lifetime
>everything will be streamed, they'll claim its better, and that it stops piracy

Hopefully all of them, this industry is long overdue for another crash.

And why should it? Once you get to a certain point, you have to juggle affordability with performance. PS4 and XBone are not interesting to me in the slightest because I have a $1,200 PC that can outperform both of them. Nintendo is far cheaper and has more games that I can't get on the PC.

Console gaming should just die already. Except for Nintendo. They're better when working with their own tech, as shown by the wizardry with the Wii U having more 1080p and 60fps games than the PS4 and XBone.

Microsoft, Sony, and then Nintendo in that order.

They probably could they fucking have enough money in the bank to lose 256 million a year for 38 years.

MS is trying to compete with Steam and they´re getting crushed.

Just like in the console business.

let it die, there are enough games already out that will last us for 2 lifetimes

Sony if they manage to hemorrhage even more money than they are already.

Microsoft if they go full tilt retard and switch their focus to PC.

Nintendo if... fuck, I don't know. Blowing their budget on tons of sequels to TMS and pulling a Sega by shitting out a ton of consoles? They got money to burn for years.

My money's on Sony, if it has to be someone.

>Because those

Stop

Microsoft and sony.

Reason being is that they are getting closer and closer to a shittier version of PC with no advantages (old ones like being cheaper (include online pay), being simpler to use, being plug and play are dissappearing).

Nintendo is more casual and the similarities aren't as clear.

MS are never leaving the gaming industry, before Xbox they were one of the top tier PC Publishers (Age Of Empires, Motocross Madness, Close Combat, Flight Sim) and their revenue is only $2 Billion behind Sony these days. 360 and xbone were profitable and xbox was a sunk cost project that made less of a loss than expected never mind the whole thing is just a profitable R&D operation for their enterprise sectors these days.

And even then, if MS decided to sell their gaming assets and division completely. This is exactly what would happen. Samsung would buy it all out and rape Sony in every single orifice. Fuck COD map exclusivity, Samsung will buy Activision itself just to shit in Sony's cereal. Same with LG.

It's one of the funniest things seeing Sonyfags say they want Microsoft gone. It's like they want to see Playstation obliterated by one of the Korean Giants and the dick of reality to slap them in the face.

Microsoft's end game where they will sell the Xbox W10 OEM to other companies might mean we might end up with a Samsung and LG version of Project Scorpio as Microsoft will make it like Surface, a reference box. Which would be hilarious just to see the absolute panic from Sony and Sony fanboys seeing the Korean rape train come through

Microsoft has already started abandoning the console market by creating their Xbox eco system on PC. Essentially Xbox will just become something like Steam.

Nintendo has already started the conversion to mobile, so I see them slowly abandoning the console market till they'll eventually either only release handhelds or software on other devices.

Sony now I think will just keep going until consoles actually do become irrelevant or until they go bankrupt. They'll keep going until they grind to a halt.