youtube.com/watch?v=43v06aFndLQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZf2E_wBvng
kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game/description
bobcorporation.com/blog/
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bob's_Game&oldid=713042467
youtube.com/watch?v=xA7yb3pEEdo
youtube.com/watch?v=KrAYDSTkXgQ
thegreatcourses.com/courses/your-deceptive-mind-a-scientific-guide-to-critical-thinking-skills.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OIVbpCBo_cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christ, I remember this. I read his entire gigantic rambling site all the way through, and it was truly a trip into madness.

Did you know that he took this shit to Kickstarter? And actually got funded? And is STILL trying to make this piece of shit? He posted an update about it literally two days ago. After ten years, he still hasn't moved on and gotten his life together.

>Did you know that he took this shit to Kickstarter?

Wait what? Seriously?

Is this the guy who locked himself in for a couple of days in protest to Nintendo not publishing his game?

Fuck, that was like 7 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=vZf2E_wBvng

According to an article in The Escapist, Pelloni was directed by Nintendo to talk to the WarioWorld division, which directed him to marketing; marketing then directed him back to the WarioWorld division.[3] Nintendo told him that they would inform him of their decision whether to grant him an SDK for the game in between six and eight weeks. No response came from Nintendo. After 17 weeks of trying and failing to get Nintendo to provide him with the SDK, on December 11, 2008, Pelloni decided to publicly protest by locking himself in his room for 100 days or until Nintendo provided him with the SDK, whichever came first.[1] According to Owen Good of Kotaku, he staged the protest in an effort to gain publicity by making Nintendo look like a corporate bully beating down on an indie game developer.[4] His room had no Internet access (save for broadcasting a live feed of him in his room via a webcam) or television and had only a mobile phone with which he could make calls and send emails and the materials he needed to work on the game.[5] Pelloni made the following comment when he decided to protest:[3]

"I cannot leave this viridian room. The door is locked and barricaded from the outside. I am sleeping behind the camera, and yes- I've got a shower. Food is delivered once a week by a friend...This is my 100 day protest to Nintendo!"
—Robert Pelloni

he protest ended on the 30th day on January 10, 2009, with Pelloni saying that he was suffering from a "wicked headache". Pelloni described Nintendo as a "heartless corporation, only interested in the biggest profits".[11] He ransacked his room in frustration and posted a lengthy comment on his website, declaring his defeat. In light of the statement and the lack of any visible movement on the webcam,[4][9] a concerned user from the Cred Forums board on Cred Forums was able to retrieve Pelloni's telephone number from his Whois information. The user contacted his sister in an attempt to have somebody check on him.[4] Then, on January 11, the police broke into his room to check on him, finding him okay.[9]

Nah, I'd rather talk about Platform Master AKA: the next Cave Story

Yup: kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game/description

It was "successful", so now we're just waiting for him to finally deliver. That was over two years ago, by the way. Since then, he's still been relatively homeless (off-and-on in an apartment and in his car) and still thinks he's literally the successor to Jesus Christ. And that's not paraphrasing.

The funniest thing about all this is that he stated in the Kickstarter that if it failed he would get his life together, but it just barely made funding by a little over $400, so he went back to doing nothing with his life other than trying to make this shitty game. At this point all I can do is pity him.

His first kickstarter was a flop, but his second was pushed on Cred Forums and a bunch of morons actually funded it ironically. The second kickstarter wasn't for bob's game specifically, but was so that he could make himself a "hack-van" with the goal of eventually completing Bob's Game.

He eventually gave up on the idea and refunded the money. I think he tried something new on indi-gogo this year, too. Something about an Edu-Game to replace the entire grade 1-12 school system. One billion dollars.

tbqh i would play it if it were actually released

A demo was released...

>It is a game within a game about the development of itself in realtime, paralleled with a real life tournament to coincide with the virtual. "bob's game" blends the line between reality and simulation, and reality and extra-dimensional reality. "bob's game" breaks both the so-called "4th wall" and further yet- the "5th wall," unlocking the secrets of "the Matrix," or "the Womb" as it is referred to in some editions of the Bible.

"bob's game" reveals the nature of the universe for what it really is to a generation that needs it the most. "bob's game" is the most important thing to happen to mankind in hundreds, if not thousands of years.

"bob's game" is the vehicle for a prophecy, written by a "self taught" "genius" "prophet." It carries within it a message that will revolutionize society and change the world. It is the beginning of a new era for mankind.

"bob's game" actually alters reality itself for those who play it. It is a key into another dimension. It teaches the secrets of the heart, the secrets of mind control and psychic power to a generation that has has the wool pulled over their eyes by criminal syndicates.

"bob's game" is the ultimate cult game. It is a new religion for the modern world, inspired by and intended as a natural spiritual successor to previous disguised religion games such as Earthbound and Zelda and movie retellings of an ancient spellbook (The Old Testament) such as "The Matrix."

He actually denied the refunding and quitting thing and is still promising to make the game(s). In fact he posted an update to the Kickstarter literally two days ago, and backers in the comments are still asking if they're going to get what they paid for.

The Edu-Game thing was real,though. This guy is a literal nut. I would say it's a shame his Kickstarter got funded because otherwise he'd get his life together, but I kinda think he wouldn't be the kind of person to actually go through with that. After over ten fucking years, I bet he's going to be begging for money and attention till his last breath.

>being an enginedev
>not using game maker

Oh, my bad. I had heard someone in a thread say that he quit, during the Edu-Game thing.

I plan to use game maker. Nobody will laugh at me, right?

Fuckin white Knight betas

No wonder it took him 10 years.

only people who have no game laugh at gamemaker

spelunky was made on it.

Unity is literally the only way to make a game. If you don't use Unity, you're not a real dev. A "nodev" if you will. Get used to that word. That's your new name now. Nodev. :)

Christ, that's a blast from the past

bobcorporation.com/blog/

he's still working on it

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bob's_Game&oldid=713042467

>his links to his own edit of the wikipedia page for his game which is five times longer than the current version of the page
>it's filled with crazy delusions about being the messiah and how his game teaches people how to use psychic powers

holy mother fuck.

This guy is never gonna make anything

But he's put out demos!

it's been 8 years and this is what he has to show for it.

>"bob's game" is a game about a puzzle game called 'bob's game,' developed within the game by the virtual "bob" character, the "final boss" of the game. It is a hybrid between Zelda, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, and Earthbound, with massively multiplayer elements. The 'bob's game' puzzle game inside the "bob's game" RPG is a puzzle game in which you can build your own puzzle games, including all existing types! It is the greatest puzzle game ever made, and the only puzzle game objectively better than Tetris.

Which is funny, because Tetris is in the game.

>puzzle game objectively better than Tetris.

but from what I can tell it's LITERALLY tetris

youtube.com/watch?v=xA7yb3pEEdo

>that description

I forgot about this, this was like the original "YEAH I WANNA MAKE A GAME THAT'S LIKE ZELDA AND POKEMON AND MINECRAFT AND GTA AND IT'S GONNA HAVE MMO FEATURES TOO!"

Feels good I never went full retard like this guy with game design

He should have used Unity. Unity is the only way to make a game.

Well according to Bob he's been making this since before Unity even existed.

Your move, NON-BELIEVERS

>70 views
jesus fucking christ that's depressing

I guess I have no choice but to accept my fate and start camwhoring instead...

I've looked at some of the other games made on it, and the list is fairly large. I don' t really want to bother with the engine too much, and this seems like a godsend.

Does anybody have an archive of his life story/blog from his old website? He took it down and I never got a chance to finish it. I heard the last thing he posted was him banging trannys in San Fran right before he deleted the whole thing.

>Bob's first transition into becoming the Messiah on his livestream in 2013.

I remember this back on something awful. I thought it was a joke. Guess not.

>be average 5"7 taco
>meanwhile he's pretty handsome
>he could be a model instead banging hot chicks

Man, if he had released his game years ago, that might have been a decent sell to the indie game fan crowd. Too bad everyone else has done all of those since then.

That's actually kinda snazzy.

KANE LIVES IN DEATH

How did he get these chinks when he has no money?

>Man, if he had released his game years ago, that might have been a decent sell to the indie game fan crowd
except the game's actually awful

Is he trying to look like some kind of Messiah?

So wait is this the same bob's game as in this video ?
youtube.com/watch?v=KrAYDSTkXgQ
Because this shit just looks like tetris and the one on the video seems like an entirely different game. Fuck this guy for deleting that insane story of his, it was fucking golden.

holy fuck I forgot about this. I remember playing the demo on my cycloDS back in the day. I wonder if it's still on there. I remember it being fucking bad though.

bobs game is about bob living in his mudane american suburb making the best game ever which is also in the game
the narcissist literally made a game about himself

>"bob's game" is a game about a puzzle game called 'bob's game,' developed within the game by the virtual "bob" character, the "final boss" of the game. It is a hybrid between Zelda, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, and Earthbound, with massively multiplayer elements. The 'bob's game' puzzle game inside the "bob's game" RPG is a puzzle game in which you can build your own puzzle games, including all existing types! It is the greatest puzzle game ever made, and the only puzzle game objectively better than Tetris.

I love to watch insane people, it's so fascinating.

>tfw I have schizophrenia

just look in the mirror

funny

Okay so if I'm understanding this right he's released the bob's game puzzle portion already then? Just the openworld elements and shit like that aren't done at all? Seeing as you can buy the game on his Bob corp webpage.

>tfw me too
>tfw have same delusions
>tfw I am aware they're delusions
being mentally schizo doesn't mean you're retarded

this faggot is like everything wrong with my delusions.

That's funny that you bring up retarded, that's how I feel all of the time. I can't think straight so I fuck up the most simplest tasks sometimes. Sometimes I can't even formulate coherent thoughts. I'm practically a retard. I'm no better than a retard.

/r/ing the western vs eastern dev image where it shows Pixel vs Bob.

In the meantime, let's nostalgia over something that was crazy in the good way.

maybe that's because of your low IQ.
Even while I'm 130 sometimes I feel dumb listening some college advanced lectures in math and shit.

maybe you need to learn about critical thinking and fallacies.

there's a course from TTC about critical thinking.

pirate this on torrent.
thegreatcourses.com/courses/your-deceptive-mind-a-scientific-guide-to-critical-thinking-skills.html

youtube.com/watch?v=OIVbpCBo_cU

anybody remember the autism simulator?

>maybe that's because of your low IQ.

Now why do you got to start some bullshit like that?

Fuck off.

I think that user was legitimately trying to help, though not in the best way...

there is literally nothing wrong with wanting to get compensation for a project. Doesn't make bob any less passionate than the commie on the left.

Wow, it's been literal years since I've seen this image.

>WHY WON'T YUU SUCK MY COCK
Always makes me chuckle

I've easily locked myself in my room for longer than 100 days. Hell, I've been a NEET for a year now.

Doesn't count when you still gotta leave for foodshopping etc.

are you mr reddit?

>food shopping
Most of my shopping is done through online delivery services, like Fresh Direct and Grubhub.

>unity
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Unity Game" bullshit that's going on in the indie game scene right now. Unreal Engine deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself kickstarted a genuine UE game for $200,000 dollars (that's about 24,000,000 Yen) and have been making it for almost two years now. I can even trace rays of light with Unreal Engine.

Cliff Bleszinskis spend years working on a single engine and update it over a million times to produce the most popular engine known to man.

>I
>Not we

Fucking poseur

what gam

He told you he was retarded

Opposite, I got laughed at for even considering learning Godot instead of GM