Are casuals the true cancer of the industry?

>They only play shitty games
>Claim to not see any difference between 30 and 144fps
>Plays competitive shooters with a gamepad
>Unironically support the AAA industry and all its jewisheries
>Literally begs for AAA sequels
>Are already saying the ps4 pro is going to surpass PC gaming

they're the main thing keeping it afloat, you dumb fuck

Hey youre retarded.
Heres your (You) nigger. Dont forget the sage

I'm pretty sure only entitled pc cucks hate them and this is sadly the minority

Casuals aren't the problem, casuals who demand that games get dumbed down for them rather than trying to improve their skills are the problem.

That picture.
I can honestly say I don't care what gray rocks look like

exactly
exactly

>I don't care what gray rocks look like

>ps2 graphics
>can't cast shadow
>probably still can't do 60fps due to the gimmick 4k is

>I don't care that it looks bad
>BUT LOOK AT HOW BAD IT LOOKS

>implying the PC side looks """good"""
>implying the PC side casts shadows
>implying most PC games maxed out are that far ahead of high end console games

kek

Bigger budgets = risk averse developers = shittier games

This, and developers are all to eager to turn their games into simplified drivel to increase sales from the new influx of "casual" gamers who are just now getting into gaming because it's becoming "cool" and therefore, more popular.

I'm more of a performance over graphics guy but the ps4 sucks in both

exactly my point. they make the same games over and over because they need a guarantee the game will sell, thus less risks are taken, thus most AAA games become stagnant, thus profits stay mostly the same, or rise, due to industry growth, thanks to casuals. we need them.

Casuals:
>Buy game
>Play it
>Have fun
Cred Forums:
>Pirate game
>Go on Cred Forums and shitpost about how bad it is
>Commit suicide at 40

Plebian Casuals my man.

thats literally 99% of them

I'm 55 and going strong. I can actually remember pre-vidya arcades (Atlantic City used to have a lot of them before everything there fell apart).

>caring about graphics
Casual as fuck

what is your favorite game of the generation so far?

If you're so underrepresented, maybe you're the cancer in the industry.

that makes a little sense as your conception you piece of shit

The true cancer of the industries are people that are not going to play FFXV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Death Stranding, Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Builders, Yakuza 6, WILD, God of War 3, FF7 Remake, The LAst Guardian, Forza Horizon 3 and yet act like they are "gamers".

>>can't cast shadow
There's no shadows at all on either side, user.

That's not how that works faggot

god of war 3 came out 6 years ago

Casuals:
>Play Lol, Hearthstone, WoW, The Sims, F2P TF2.
>Go to /r/pcmasterrace to brag about their amazing futureproof GPU while playing Undertale and other pixelated shit
>Pretend they don't care about all the good games that came out and are still coming out for other platforms

You don't even play dwarf fortress or cdda.
Casual

I play shitty indies with gay graphics so it's not a big deal but to the AAA industry it is, they dumb down their games but still not enough to makes them run properly because people wants the newest generations to looks better than the last ones

I meant GoW my wife's son edition, sorry.

In my point of view the only ones fucking the industry are sjw. They ruined so many games already.

Casual:
>plays minecraft on a shitty laptop
>sees how it's better and more updated than on consoles
>decides to sells his consoles to buy an ibuypower rig
>goes on Cred Forums to brag about their new build and how they became PCMR users

I haven't bought a console since the original SNES. I have a PC.

ok, whats the last game you truly enjoyed?

Graphics fags are the biggest cancer of the industry.

My father legitimately can not tell the difference, it really confuses me since I can easily tell the difference between something like 24 and 60, and everyone around me says they don't notice when a TV that has variable framerates jumps or dips when commercials happen but I sure as hell can.

PS4 Pro will probably give a good cost to power ratio, which isn't difficult to do considering that even cheapo graphics cards go for around $150 to $200 and that's not counting everything else. Anyway, there's no way it'll ever beat PC gaming in terms of pure power though.

>pc
>Fallout 4 on ultra still looks like dog shit
>spend a few minutes setting up a mod manager
>download some mods to enhance my game with 2k and 4k textures
>fix lighting, shitting weather and bad sound
>now have the ultimate wasteland operator explorer man game

>console
>game is ugly
>cant fix that because no mods
>wish there were more weapons and quests
>cant fix that because no mods and dlc a shit
>cant add more armor slots, can't fix minor shit, can't change ballistics to be more realistic, can't add more perks
>stuck with digital vomit no matter what

who cares? the NX is going to save the industry

>Fallout 4
>game is shit on any platform

but all you care about is graphics apparently, fucking casual

left looks better

I bought the consoles release at first because I share my Xbox games with my brother so he can play them too and I gave up after a few hours, it runs like fucking ass, something like 30 fps with 25fps drops and very high motion blur so you can't see shit while walking

I hate consoles fps so much nowadays they're all locked at 30fps looks very blurry and feel like the consoles can't hold them

Shutup Kid Before I Sock You

>pc
>Fallout 4 on ultra still looks like dog shit
>Spend a few minutes setting up a mod manager.
>download some mods to enhance my game with 2k and 4k textures
>fix lighting, shitting weather and bad sound
>now have the ultimate wasteland operator explorer man game.
>But the people still look ugly.
>Download a sexier female texture.
>Spend next 10 hours installing hundreds of rape and enslavement mods.

I changed almost all of the vanilla stuff though. I changed how ballistics work, I fixed the shitty lighting, I fixed the shitty dialogue wheel, crafting, sound effects, and a whole lot more. You sound mad and should calm down

>fallout 4
>ultimate wasteland operator explorer man game
Fallout 4 is nothing like this as the art direction makes it look like a fucking kiddy game. STALKER is the only game that even comes close to this description. Mods can't change that Fallout 4 has shit RPG mechanics and a poorly written and boring world(no, modded storylines are not good, ever)

>pc, gtx 970
>try performance costly mods such as Resurrection
>hardest drop is near 40fps

Meanwhile consoles plebs can barely play and their mods are lame

i'll be having frog legs for dinner

Not if you get the right mods. You have to change a lot of stuff. The art direction in vanilla looks like ass, just about everything that has to do with vanilla sucks

thats great, but new vegas is and always will be a superior RPG

>He thinks anyone but filthy casuals care about framerates and resolution
Hardware and specs fags wouldn't know good game design if it slapped them with it's horsecock

No. NOW YOU DIE !

Not that guy, but what's your point here? Of course NV is better? Why does that mean you can't have any resemblance of enjoyment out of 4? Because the previous installment is better?

>People who enjoy playing video games and don't care about the opinions of others

Y-yeah, fuck those guys...

No the cancer on gaming is capitalism and art fags. Art fags generally make nothing of value yet shit like undermeme gets high praise and then the nature of cap fucks a good series.

>game is big success
>most people love it
>sequel announced
>sequel streamlines for more audience
>successful
>sequel streamlines further in hopes for even bigger audience
>rinse and repeat until a bomb hits

Look at AC, last 2 games were shit and didn't sell good so they took a year off. Smart, and I hope they bring something better to the table next issue. MGS is a good example of a series that kept on trucking and stayed good. Which is why I think the future of vidya having big directors like Kojima wouldn't be a bad thing. Games are so fucking big that it rivals Hollywood. I would rather that than everything being controlled by big business and people who just want to please shareholders. Gaming needs time to mature.

>casul
>caring about any of this shit
one in the same

Not that guy either, but if you literally change everything you can about Fallout 4 to find enjoyment in it, that means Fallout 4 isn't a good game. He literally isn't enjoying Fallout 4, he's enjoying the shell of Fallout 4. Just because a game allows you to mod it to make it good doesn't mean it's good, so I think the user was trying to say that 4 was shit despite the potential with mods.

The problem is the engine, its just a modified gamebryo engine with all the same bugs transferred over. It's still a piece of shit and bethesda won't fund the development of a modern engine.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !! !

what that guy said.

Not so fast!

>DBZ pepe
what a normie

>Early access
>crate bullshit
>mobas
>vns
>agenda pushing indie games (though this one is seeping into the mainstream rapidly)
>value graphics over gameplay

PC cancer race

>how's that pepe, you wanna try to hit this user again?

THAT WAS JUST A SHADOW CLONE. I'M TOO FAST !

Go on

YOU WANT SOME TOO? COSMIC ATTACK !

>value graphics over gameplay

What the fuck is the ps4 pro then? It could have used it's better specs to get a better framerate but no

>"muh 4k muh graphics lol its 2016 look at those beautiful new gen graphics"

P-please no more, do as you please...

I'M GONNA CUT YOU!

Alright... No more..... DIE ! FULL CHARGE BLAST !

WAIT NOOAAAHHHH-------

*inside my head*

Woah... That was bright. What's going on over there?

>industry makes shit game cauz casuals
>we need them
If you dont play AAA titles, casuals are the worst thing that could happen to this hobby.

You dont play CoD, BF, AC, anything modern blizzard, bioware etc right?

Right user?

Just so you know. Commercial tv since the fucking 50's has known that above 32 fps the human eye cannot detect any additional differences.

>le classic human eye can't detect more than X fps meme

>eyes have a capped refresh rate

nice bait

casuals are what's keeping the industry alive and growing.

They are the only ones who buy games you retard

m8, casuals are the reason why all your beloved franchise are getting raped, why the gameplay is less important than the graphics and why MP games are so fucking shallow.

If the amount of money EA gets is all you care about, then sure, youre right.

It isn't their fault it's the corporations. Not every Dev team seeks to streamline sequels to garner larger audiences. They aren't making the video games they just buy them. It is partly their fault but it is also the fault of greedy business.

the problem isn't directly casuals, it's publishers and developers shoveling metric fucktons of money into these projects and marketing, so they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator to make a profit.

the west needs to take a note from japan and rebuild its AA industry. smaller budgets with smaller studios means you can take more risks by appealing to niches that they otherwise couldn't have because of these stupidly inflated budgets.

luckily, this seems to be happening now, but very slowly. only time will tell.

it's also the reason why gaming is so profitable. get your head out of your ass. just because they dont have your godly superior taste in videogames doesn't mean they arent a significant contributing factor in why videogames are as big as they are today. Which, given the budgets of most games, is a necessary evil.

>the problem is the publisher
But is the consumer helping by supporting this?

>Some people still plays the division and are actually waiting for the dlcs

I blocked it with my ayylmao telekinesis!!

I wish the movie industry would do the same thing. They might, considering less and less people are seeing movies in theaters.

>Literally support the AAA industry and 144fps
>Claim to not see and all its jewisheries
>Literally shitty gaming the AAA sequels
>Liters with a gaming the AAA sequels
>Literally begs for AAA sequels
>Uni

yes, but you can't help the shit taste of the masses. casuals gonna casual. it seems hopeless, but all you can do is support the games you like from smaller devs, spread it through word of mouth, and hope it works out.

I love this picture because both have a fucking root going through a rock.

Thats why we have indie developers. The ones that actually make games I mean.

At the risk of inciting another exciting PC vs Console "converstation" It's easier for independant developers to create games on the PC, since they dont need to pay massive royalties and surrender freedom to Microsoft Sony or Nintendo. This means PC can offer a more diverse market, however consoles are sort of catching up with their Marketplaces. PC still continues to generate unique content (sometimes not for the better, looking at you meme games)

The thing that really gets me is that there are people out there that unironically think left looks better because right is all jagged and "low fidelity"

>complaining about muh casuals
>posts a picture about muh grafix

This is meant to be ironic, right?
Graphics whores are the worst, most shallow casuals in any fanbase.
Surely no one is this devoid of self awareness.

A good developer would have recognized these problems back in morrowind and oblivion and developed a new fucking engine that could do what it need to do, except more efficiently.

Bethesda decided use the engine 3 more times, then just recompiled the data and called it creation engine. And thats the story of why Fallout4 is tripe.

I assume this means they don't play Jap eroge games PC fags play?

The pocket obsession to mainstream giants. Even though I'd argue Nintendo made they're always been a back pocket obsession to deem themselves) really annoy me a mainstreally annoy me. Not only are they elitist to mainstream giants. Even they like that jump from being a back pocket obsession to mainstream.

>implying 60fps is at all "looks" and not functional fucking gameplay
>literally try playing WoW or any online game at 30fps, go ahead try it. it's unplayable faggots and I knew this at age 8 when I got lag the first time on WoW.

>calls console games casual
>proceeds to play tomb raider on PC because it's hardcore

Come back and tell me that once you earn money from e-sports which is the only non-casual way of "gaming".

yeah, people enjoying games that they like, imagine that...

The division sucked, deal with it.

>>Commit suicide at 40
Not sure how much longer any of us are gonna make it the way this election is going, tbqhf.

>implying this won't one day kill the industry (soon)

>Have decent PC

>i5 4690 4ghz
>16gb 1666mhz ddr3
>390x
Yet every single game this year runs like absolute Shit

Even on two ssd's

Deus Ex Mankind divided was a horrid port
Forza Horizion 3 was a horrible port
Just Cause 3

My PC is barely 3 years old this is a joke

>save
Superman aint savin shit

-Eminem

The division is a shitty game the story mode takes like 10 hours to beat and the whole multiplayer consist of looting some overpowered AI shitty gear over and over until you get something better (which barely happens)

I overplayed the beta and pre-ordered the game on day one thinking it would have more content but Jesus I was so fucking wrong and I'll never ever pre-order an aaa game again

How about you don't give games massively overinflated budgets then? Because of those huge budgets most of the time they go for huge dev teams churning out something safe that's sold well a dozen times before instead of mid sized teams with a decent idea potentially making something good and unique.

On the opposite end you've got indie games made by one to a handful of people where one chucklefuck with too much control over the project can ruin it.

The loss of that middle ground between the two extremes is what's killing video games.

it won't, but budgets definitely need to be lowered across the board. the focus on graphics costs too much money for what it accomplishes.

I don't play the division and don't give a shit about it, but fuck off if you think you're better for not playing a game that others enjoy

retard bait. sage. no one is saying ps4 pro surpasses PC gaming. They're saying at that price point its pretty amazing

It blows my mind that Nintendo get accused of pushing gimmicks while PS4/Xbone/PC fags argue about who has the higher resolution, better-rendered grey rocks that you'd never notice without a fucking direct comparison.

Only thing worth caring about is 60FPS and a fucking NES can do that.

name 200 (TWO HUNDRED) NES games that run at 60fps

The industry turning back to a hobbyist focused strategy would help it get further compared to how stagnated it is now. It would force producers like Bethesda to make competent games instead of half-assing it like they are now.

How can you unironically like that piece of shit? It's fun for awhile but it's one of the most repetitive and boring game Ubisoft has ever made

I'll take a gamble.

Find a list of all the NES games and pick 200 at random.

>casuals
>keeping the gaming "industry" afloat

The only thing casuals are keeping afloat for big western AAA dogshit companies like EA and Ubisoft.

>soaring budgets to entertain a notoriously fickle & shallow demographic

Yeah what could go wrong.

I honestly don't like most indies. They tend to recycle old ideas and not be very fun in my experience. I like the cutting edge.

No, the power creep and the diminishing returns of the graphic whores are. The triple A industry was a mistake.

What happened last time the industry couldn't be kept afloat because of shitty practices? Did any, like, new companies step up to the plate? That kind of seems like the perfect environment for some kind of grand renaissance, but I guess I'm just a fucking retard.

>Go to /r/pcmasterrace
I might just be getting old, but honestly that's probably the worst sub on reddit, aside from maybe those like coontown. It's taking all the humour from console war discussions and presenting it as actual straight-faced humourless bullying of console gamers. People who are so proud of their platform for fucking digital entertainment and whose lives are so empty that they've adopted that as part of their identity

>tomb raider
Looks like Oblivion

it really does, holy shit. where did it all go so wrong

Theyre usually pretty shallow or short. The ones that are good usually nail a good balance (FTL, Minecraft, ect).

Its nice though, seeing diversity in the market. At least its not all cod clones and WW2 shooters.

the rise of indies is a universally good thing for the industry, means we're not purely at the mercy of the AAA market. good shit can come from humble beginnings

I don't play tomb raider?

I can't imagine indies getting better than La-mulana

anyone else stop caring? I just want good games again, I don't care how stupid consolefags are. I just want quality games to be praised and shitty games to be deservingly shit on, but casuals keep praising shit they only play for 20 hours before moving onto the next poo-poo platter and then it gets a sequel

we must band together and realize that NONE OF US HAVE GOOD GAMES ANYMORE

Casuals cause developers to dumb down games for them regardless of whether they ask for it or not. Simply by gravitating towards and buying casual games, they encourage publishers and developers to create more of them by proving that there's a market for them.
That said I have nothing against people who like to play casual games, you'd have to be a real prick to get mad at someone for enjoying different games than you, but they can still have a negative effect even if they're not doing anything wrong.

You can only get good games when the majority have high standards.

People blaming casual console gamers is overblown but it isn't wrong. Anyone with any sense realizes 95% of publishers/bankrollers only care about money and thats not something to cry about it's just common sense.

The problem is that people vote with their wallets and do it very poorly.

you underage fags are literally cancer

Pretty much. The industry only REALLY went to shit after normies flocked to gaming, and vidya publishers started pandering to them

I agree

And that puts you in the minority and thus makes you irrelevant.

Pretty sad to think about honestly, just have to pick and chose among garbage.

>"Heres your (You)"
>doesn't give a (You)
Here, have a (You) on the house.

Honestly this, my 780ti is a little old now but none of these games look any better than shit I was running when my card was just released, or at least not by much.

Are weebs the true cancer of the industry?
>Plays weebshit with one hand
>Unironically support the waifushit industry and all its jewisheries
>Literally begs for JRPG and musou sequels

Weebs are a small audience unlike casuals being like 60% of the industry

Animes are trash

Well yea since weebstation 4 probwill have more of the games that they play than on pc

>can't tell the difference meme
I was playing Far Cry 4 on my PC at over 90 FOV and around 100fps and my sister was playing on the PS4 and it's literally unplayable at 30. I had to help her on one mission and it's fucking disgusting. The FOV is 60 and unchangeable too, consoles are cancer. I wouldn't mind if console players wanted framerate > graphics but they clearly don't.

I wish I could get 144hz with more games, I'm only running 1080p.

I agree with you, but musou games can be fun.