Redpill me on FF XIV, please Cred Forums

Redpill me on FF XIV, please Cred Forums

All of my guild/spoiler] friends from another mmo have been playing non stop for weeks.
But I don't want to sink all my time in some mmo at the moment in addition paying for the game, expansion and monthly fee.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SYJY-LOnLVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's make a deal

story sucks and it's boring at first then it picks up a lot later
not worth it unless you have the time to put into it

Then don't. It sounds like you want have fun. It does require a lot of your time.

You can't get tits that big, for one

This.

Also the game copies WoW from a 1 to 1 scale it just patched in garrisons yesterday. You also need to grind 200+ MSQ in order for you to actually start the expansion which all involve useless fetch shit.

If the game copied WoW, the classes would and the combat would be a lot more fun.

a deal's a deal user

They thought they could do better and royally fucked up.

It's a pay to play game with a fucking cash shop, which is getting more and more fuck-you every update.

youtube.com/watch?v=SYJY-LOnLVA

It's fun, if you're just playing with others or can quickly pick up a decently large, active, and social group. Mechanically, it's solid. However, expect to burn at least ten hours a week in game plus whatever time you spend raiding with your group.

If you've got nothing better to do, and you know your friends are going to stick around for at least six months, go for it. Otherwise don't bother, it's no fun at all without a decently large, active, and social group to play with.

I was talking to someone I used to raid with who still plays wow, and it sounds like the latest wow expansion copied a ton of stuff from 14. It's not a bad MMO. Flawed, but not bad.

>Copies WoW
>Manages to be better than WoW in literally every aspect, from combat complexity to story, graphics, mustic etc.

>It just patched in Garrisons
>But unlike WoW which still fucked up the concept for it's second attempt, this shit actually works and flows well with existing gameplay rather than being a completely separate and passive activity.

Man, people who play WoW in 2010+6 really are fucking retarded.

This would be a great reason not to play, fuck that entire concept of ransoming content which is essentially "pay to not have other players have this so you can feel special about being fucking 'special' "

Its pretty fun for a mmorpg but its extremely grindy so I dropped it after the first month.
Battle system is way too fucking boring.

What class did you play? I ask because everyone who makes this claim seems to have played lancer/dragoon which is reputedly the dumb shitter class.

So you are poor. No-one gives a fuck.

>claim

Any sane person that has played the game have said how boring it's gameplay is. Blame shitty cross platform for that.

Nice shilling
>Combat is slower off procs don't mean shit
>MUH CRYSTALS story
>Graphics 2016 vs a game with an Engine from Warcraft 3
>Music
fine but thats all.

>can literally just pay to skip the story and be max level in wow, wowfags defend this
>option clothing with no stats, only for glamour purposes, wowfags reeeeeeee for months

I dont remember which one but the dragoon class wasnt out yet.
All I remember is that max level for each class was like 50 and I barely made it to level 30 in the first class I worked and got bored of it.
I don't know. The game looked great and everything but mmorpgs that takes too long to level up bores me.
I see no point in spending hours upon hours just to level once or twice.
The gameplay would have to be extremely satisfying to keep me interested in grinding.

Great game.
It could be better but it's worth the subscription.

Black desert online is worse [b2p with cash shop], it even has a premium subscription after you buy the game.

Great game

ton of contents

but

BUT

it get stales when you hit most up to date content. It's like a solo game (well in this case its massively multiplayer too, but you get it) where when you finish it there is nothing more to do. Until the next patch. Then it occupy you one or two weeks. Then nothing

Just don't expect infinity playability. Game still has a ton, ton of content before hitting that point. Definitely worth your money. The OST is astonishing too.

>Dragoon wasn't out yet
Dragoon was in from the start, it's the class advancement of Lancer.

heh... taint...

>it get stales when you hit most up to date content. It's like a solo game (well in this case its massively multiplayer too, but you get it) where when you finish it there is nothing more to do. Until the next patch. Then it occupy you one or two weeks. Then nothing

Just like literally every modern mmo then.

I want Raya-O-Senna to purify my taint!

>tome tank gear has nothing but parry

ayyy it's like they want you to get crafted shit.

>Combat is slower
>Except getting anywhere near good with a class requires twice the APM of the WoW equivalent.
>Have at least double or more skills than WoW classes and typically use all of them.
>M-muh crystals story, epic demon retcon bullshit is so much better! Hey, let's have our warchief be the least qualified individual again because reasons, while green jesus is being a faggot Marie Sue
>B-but WoW is older!
Yea and it shows you retarded shill.

I totally took a screenshot and made a terrible /fc joke after every stage of that progression.

White Mages have the purest taints, but the dirtiest minds!

>fc joke
I know a funnier FC joke.

GAF'D

The combat, despite what people say, is fun. A couple of jobs are a little lame but most have pretty satisfying rotations while having to dodge interesting patterns. Slow and boring combat will be persistent for the entire leveling process however. They do alternating content cycles every couple of months of raid then catchup stuff. It makes it very easy to get gear even if you've been away for a while. If you get sad at having progress normalized a lot, then it's probably not for you. There are a lot of passive things to do like crafting and gathering. These are also kind of satisfying but at the end of the day don't earn you as much money as you'd think and money is almost worthless anyway. The game requires about three hours or so a week in order for you to remain relevant with weekly stuff. Eight man fights are all visually interesting with radically different songs that change most of the time. There is a lot of effort put into the aesthetic of this game. All in all I wouldn't say the game doesn't do anything revolutionary. I think it just does what has worked before and does it competently while also making sure an older generation of players can enjoy the game with full time jobs.

>APM does not = skill.
>Still better then MUH CRYSTAL shit
>WoW is older that FFXIV is fairly new and it looks like shit. b-but muh console limitations