What's next for a new DK game?

What's next for a new DK game?
Another 2D Platformer or a 3D one that fixes everything wrong with DK64?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=db9Ul5tVPP4
youtube.com/watch?v=JFP4wn0dejc
youtube.com/watch?v=iRVAj-Vk9IU
youtube.com/watch?v=-pMZa_vUQ1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>everything wrong with DK64

But I like slow paced collectathons.

>but I like slow paced walking simulators where collectibles are locked behind minigames
ftfy

Nothing, it got three amazing games. Then it got an amazing spin-off on the Gamecube, then it also got 2 great handheld games.

It's perfect as it is.

Oh, hush. Beaver Bother is the only minigame actually worth complaining about. Everyone agrees that Beaver Bother was a mistake.

I love DK64, but people bitch a lot when the game is mentioned,
And I see that option as the only way to get another 3D DK game

Hopefully antoher 2D game with David Wise back to do the OST. Tropical Freeze was amazing. I won't even be ad if its revealed that after all these years Retro has been working on another DK game.

youtube.com/watch?v=db9Ul5tVPP4
youtube.com/watch?v=JFP4wn0dejc
youtube.com/watch?v=iRVAj-Vk9IU
youtube.com/watch?v=-pMZa_vUQ1k

>Tropical Freeze was amazing
Stop, this is a nice DK thread

This. There are still plenty of environments I'd like to see and more they could do, like giving us more animal buddies.

What about Tropical Freeze? That's on par with the first three, if not the best.

wtf are you talking about? The music was perfect.

>Zip-Line Shrine
Oh, David Wise, you cheeky bastard.

TF was pretty fucking good. If you enjoy DKC then you'll love it.
Returns can probably be skipped, since that game was basically "Do people still like DKC?"

stop

What are you talking about?

Nigga. TF was literally the only Wii U I'd recommend.

hahaha fuck off mate. Don't try to force the two together. Stop bandwagoning off of DKC's critical acclaim

Nah, you fuck off. TF was great. I'm sorry if you haven't played it. It's a good game. Definitely worthy of being grouped with the original trilogy.

Seriously. Try it out sometime. Probably one of the few reasons to even own a Wii U.

I don't understand this "DK64 sucks" meme. It was a good game. When it came out, everyone loved it. There isn't much difference between it and Banjo Koozie/Tooie.

I honestly think it's just cause some ecelebs didn't like it and faggots have to parrot everything they say

This.

My biggest problem with it is how you can see collectibles like bananas and blueprints but have to come back as a different character just to grab it. It feels so tedious to comb over the level five times just to get everything. It's the worst kind of padding.

I think most of the problems are how overwhelming the game is. Didn't DK64 have the record for most collectibles in a video game at one point?
Especially as the game goes on. You unlock all of the characters and end up having to go back, as well as getting five characters' worth of everything in the levels you're opening up.

>you haven't played it
Hahaha, so predictable.

>more david wise

no thanks. it's been shown now that I cant trust him to make the same tunes that were used on the snes.

What a faggot

I want the Kremlings to come back already. And for there to be more animal buddies and more partner kongs. Having more characters on DK's back was one of the best ideas Tropical Freeze delivered.

What DK needs is just more charm in general. Retro is an american company. I followed their interviews during the development of the game. None of them held any attachment or passion to the franchise. I don't want people like that making a DK game.

You could really tell by how the game played in general. Also the music, while not bad, also was inherently forgettable. The best songs were just arrangements from the older tracks.

I'm replaying DKC 3 for the first time since it came out on the SNES, and I have to say it's prettier than I remember. Gets decently hard around Mekanos, and wow I just do not remember any of the areas beyond that at all - I had forgotten K3 was even in this game.

Most of the new character and enemy designs are eh (why Kiddy? why not just DK who has only been in one DKC game to this point?), soundtrack's mostly just okay, and, I dunno, beyond it being Pacific Northwest, it doesn't feel quite like a cohesive adventure? As much as a series that has a pirate theme park is cohesive, anyway.

Level design is fine, though.

DK64 is a collectathon game with a heavy emphasis on that.
Most people that hate the game were expecting something like Mario 64, where the collectibles are minimum and there's more emphasis on platforming, DK64 barely has platforming & there's a gorillion of items to get, plus a lot of those are locked in boring minigames or in the same routine of shoot/slam/play a pad,
I love DK64, but I can see the problems with the game, but people overreact with it.

This is why I didn't want Retro to stick with DK, sure, Returns & TF are good and they have great levels, but they lack the charm that Rare (or even Paon) give to them.
I always wanted NLG to make a new DK game, seeing how the characters in Strikers and Punch-Out were fun & charming

Post more Tiny Kong

i will, but i want to talk about DK's future

>As much as a series that has a pirate theme park is cohesive, anyway.

I think the difference is that DK2 kinda made sense naturally or at least the over world made it seem so. In DKC 3 its like they had ideas for worlds and just slapped them on a map.

At this point another 2D DK game is gonna feel done and tired. Unless they amp up the difficulty because Tropical Freeze wasn't much of a challenge save for a few levels.

barrel blast 2: konga bonga

I wound't mind Barrel Blast 2, i liked it.

we need more kongs and animal buddies to return

and kremlings of course

Rare was god-tier at promotional art

>more kongs

Really we do. It felt like Rare was building the DK world game by game.