Does the NX even actually exist, or is nintendo just going to make something up at the last minute?

Does the NX even actually exist, or is nintendo just going to make something up at the last minute?

>yfw they say the nx is a vr console
>It's just an updated virtual boy

Of course, Nintendo has never had their shit together and it's the reason we never got ridley in smash bros.

They said they'd talk about it in the fall. Fall is only 6 days old. The fact that people are freaking out this much cracks me up.

They have the SoC and basic controller layout at very least, otherwise no third party would be able to work for it.
Now the rest of the system could very well not exist yet.

>last day of fall comes
>"its uhhhhhh, ummmmm, oh, how about its like a console, that you play with your phone? Yah that sounds good enough, these faggots will buy anything"

>and it's the reason we never got ridley in smash bros.
???

Probably the latter.

We've been through this, with Breath of the Skyrim. We waited soooooooooo loooooong for any new info that people eventually forgave them for it. Same with the NX, it'll eventually come.

Here's how it's gonna go down:

>Late 2016
>Nintendo slips out an NX Direct.
>Kimishima and Miyamoto spend the first 20 minutes going over the console and it's new gimmick
>Reggie and Bill take over to announce the hottest of launch titles
>Third string Treehouse peeps wrap it up by announcing smaller studio support and a couple of Wii U Ports
>Nintendo die hards are sold
>The rest of the hardcore gaming public is at least made aware of it
>February 2017 - The Super Bowl
>Nintendo drops the hottest commercial you've ever seen
>The commercial clearly explains what NX is: Nintendo's new gaming platform
>The casual watch
>The casuals think to themselves, "Man, that Wii sure was fun 10 years ago. And I had a ton of fun with Pokemon go last Summer. And My faggoty kids keep pestering me to get them a game-doodad so they can play Pokemon. And boy Sarah sure is hooked on that Mario Run thing for iPhone. The Millers next door got that NES Classic for Christmas. Man that sure takes me back... Maybe I should get this NX thing"

Nintendo is back in the black baby!!

It's a Wii U and 3DS duct taped together.

>Since Nintendo is focusing all it's energies on one system instead of splitting between a handheld and a home console, there's a consistent stream of first party titles
>As the Vita reaches the end of it's life, Japanese developers start making niche titles for the NX
>The NX ends up with one of the greatest libraries in console history

Wrong

>NX reveal
>it's a gimmick somehow dumber than the Wii U
>has another confusing name
>Nintendo fanboys are hooked
>half-assed attempts in advertisement in February of 2017
>launches with Zelda BotW, a tech demo Nintendo game, and a Ubisoft game
>coasts along in mediocrity
>Nintendo makes another handheld, and more mobile games
>shitposting intensifies here

If they dont show the NX in October, consider the NX launch in March dead.

We already know what the gimmick is, it's a handheld that can becomes a home console. A good gimmick with mass appeal that doesn't effect gameplay at all.

People who watch the Super Bowl would want Xbones for Madden.

Niche titles won't stop being on Vita and PS4 because of the target audience. Vita will last at least up until 2018 and if Nintendo releases a handheld Sony will answer with another handheld which the niche publishers will still favor because of the publishing policies and the audience.

History people learn it.

Of course the Vita will be around for awhile, but since the NX will be more powerful than the Vita and not have a second screen, it will be very easy to port titles from the Vita to the NX, or release games on both at the same time.
And Nintendo is releasing a new handheld, the NX. Sony hasn't said shit about a successor to the Vita, probably because they don't think it's worth releasing a new system when the Vita flopped even harder than the PSP in every market but Japan.

>People who watch the Super Bowl would want Xbones for Madden.

Everyone watches the Super Bowl.

Power doesn't matter, especially for Japan. What matters is the audience. That's why all the niche games are not only on Vita but also on PS4. Publishing policies help a lot too since Sony supports low volume publishing and cheaper medium (bluray). And like I said IF Nintendo releases a handheld then Sony will answer with another handheld. Vita came out a year after 3DS anyway. Since if Nintendo releases a new handheld that means the handheld market is still there.

Everyone who wants Madden.

They also said Zelda would be released in 2015 and then 2016

2017 right? Because they said so.

>And My faggoty kids keep pestering me to get them a game-doodad so they can play Pokemon
You mean a phone?

Exactly, and that's what the NX is, a next gen smartphone

>BotW packed in
i really doubt that. packing zelda with a console just seems.... weird

I never said packed in, just launched with it. Like how the Wii launched with TP, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, and Wii Sports, along with some other garbage

It's just going to show up on store shelves sometime in March, we'll have no idea what it is until we open the box.

If we're lucky! More likely than not, we're all gonna buy a unmarked box full of an amorphous material that defies description, and then a month later there'll be a Nintendo Direct and we'll find out what we bought

Im not even sure the NX is even coming out in March.

at this point I'll buy whatever they end up putting out