Trails of Cold Steel 2

So how is it? Better than first one?

More refined at least.

A lot better.

In fact, I'd rate it as one of the best entries in the series.

Trails of Azure > Trails of Cold Steel II > Trails from Zero > Trails SC > Trails the 3rd > Trails FC > Trails of Cold Steel > Nayuta

>don't bully
But that's what Duvalie is for.

What order should i play these games in? It's spinoffs of spinoffs of spinoffs and I'm so confused as to what i actually need to play.

Better but still not as good as the other games. Sen III looks like it will fix most of the issues though.

Easier to break the game. I can't really tell if I liked it better than one.

>Sen III looks like it will fix most of the issues though.

If you know Japanese:
Trails in the Sky -> Trails in the Sky SC -> Trails in the Sky The 3rd -> Zero no Kiseki -> Ao no Kiseki -> Cold Steel -> Cold Steel II

If you don't
Trails in the Sky -> Trails in the Sky SC -> watch the Translation Tuesday videos from Trails in the Sky The 3rd on youtube -> Cold Steel -> Cold Steel II

Yeah, well, she's the only one trying to be an antagonist, isn't she? Everyone else is just sort of chilling.

It's not.

Trails in the Sky First and Second Chapter are a duology, and your entry point.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd is coming to PC next year and is an epilogue to that story starring a character that was prominent in SC, Kevin.

Trails from Zero and Trails of Azure are the 'next' duology, set in Crossbell instead of Liberl. Those aren't translated yet.

Trails of Cold Steel I and II are both set in Erebonia instead of Crossbell or Liberl. The third game (it's a trilogy) isn't out yet. Might be PS4 exclusive or PS4/Vita, we don't know yet.

From how Sen II ends and what Falcom has said it seems like Class VII will have little involvement and will have bit parts, which is already a massive improvement. The teaser image also makes it seem like Rean will be less of a boring shit this time since it looks like they might be going with the fallen hero route.

There's only one spin-off worth mentioning and it's not even relevant to the other games excluding maybe someone's last name.

Start with Trails in the Sky FC on PC (or PSP but the PC version is better.) You can start with Cold Steel (on PS3/Vita) if you really really want to, but Sky is better.

Chronological order is Trails in the Sky > Tits SC > Tits the 3rd > Zero and Cold Steel > Azure and Cold Steel II. Zero > Azure and Cold Steel > 2 are separate arcs that take place at the same time in different areas.

Yeah. Punished Rean seems to be where they're going with this. Makes even more sense now that I've beaten CSII.

In my opinion, Cold Steel II is right up there with Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, although their strengths are different. I really enjoyed it a lot, and I'm looking forward to CSIII.

First, however, there is Trails in the Sky the 3rd, which is going to be fucking awesome

That's one thing I don't quite get about this. If Rean's power is connected to McBurn's somehow, does that mean he could someday reach or surpass McBurn's level?

Maybe, but Rean needs to go ALL OF ME first like McRean.

The "reluctant antagonist" might be a really cool angle to go for and I like the possible foreshadowing by having you fight him as Lloyd/Rixia. Rean works quite well as an antagonist.

He barely has any of that 'foreign shit' inside him, but McBurn is like fully that way. It's speculation, but I'm pretty sure Osborne took a piece of a gem or a foreign object with that power inside it, stuffed it inside Rean's chest, and left him out in the wilderness to get adopted by the Schwarzers.

Thanks.

SC has a better central cast but CS has a better extended cast.

Punished rean is going to be the mc or the new main bad guy ?

pic maybe related

>no headpats in two years
it's no wonder he lost it

We don't know yet. I think what's going to happen is the first half of the game will be him as an antagonist and then there will be a badass moment where he finally realizes what he wants and joins the party as an OP party member and you fight an awesome boss fight with him in your party. That's just wishful thinking though.

>have an airship
>still no idea what western erebonia looks like

To be fair, they would have probably been mortared/shot by airships out of the sky because that's where most of the fighting was actually happening.

Yeah but the extended cast is better than the main cast in CS. Class VII is so shit.

so who is going to be new mc ? Olivert ? laura ?

3rd installments are led by holy men so it's Gaius

What if it was Gaius being mentored again by that badass super priest we followed around in that sidequest in CSII.

Laura best girl

Get off the orbalnet, Chloe

*is shit
whoops, sorry for the typo guys.

You have to consider the context.

From what I can gather, Ouroboros is still going to be out there trying to get ahold of the two Erebonian sept-terrions, but Osborne has the same goal, and plans on achieving it even if he has to defeat Ouroboros. Then there is Prince Olivert, who is intent on stopping both Ouroboros and likely Osborne as well.

That's likely to be the backdrop of the setting in CSIII. Now, whether Rean ends up working with Osborne to get the Sept-terrions, or if he teams up with Olivert somehow, who knows. But there are three clear parties in play here: Ouroboros, who want to proceed with their phantasmal blaze plan; Osborne, who has stated that he is "taking over" their phantasmal blaze plan; And Olivert, who opposes Ouroboros and, by extension, Osborne.

It's anybody guess what the fuck is going to happen, really.. I don't think it's even possible to speculate.

Cute

The CS2 Epilogue Boss Music was goddamn CHEATING.

I mean it was kinda obvious that it meant nothing, but the way they presented it, and that music.

I got teary-eyed over it.

She's actually awful and you like her only because you have a fetish for knights

Olivert can never be an MC. He's too influential and powerful in his own right.

He knows too much as well. That really won't work when you want him as an MC.

And then there was the offer for Rean to become a bracer. He could always go one step further and be an on-call giant robot that helps random people all over Erebonia neutrally, like he tried to be in CSII.

Honestly, Rean should've taken up that offer. Why would Rean not want to become a bracer? Given everything we've seen from him through 2 games, becoming a bracer seems like something he would do. I just don't get it.

>I just don't get it.
Because Osborne is threatening him in regards to morality. I don't get how people missed this part.

He ended up being tricked into the situation he's in now, though. Osborne ended up being a hell of a smart guy by essentially guilt tripping Rean into making the invasion of Crossbell nice, swift and easy through use of Valimar because tons of people would have died and a long drawn out war otherwise.

Kevin was the MC of The Third, despite his ridiculous strength and connections as a Grailsritter. Olivert could work just as well when the stakes are raised to direct conflict with the whole of Oroboros