Create 3 clones of the greatest soldier who ever lived

>create 3 clones of the greatest soldier who ever lived
>a project that takes decades to come to fruition
>ultimately these clones go rogue or die after like 4 missions
>whoops!

>splice the greatest soldier who ever lived's DNA into dozens of soldiers in an attempt to create artificial supersoldiers
>use the most advanced technology and capable scientists in the world
>doesn't really do anything
>whoops!

>develop the world's most advanced VR/brainwashing program and then replicate a terrorist plot which could envelope the world in the nuclear war in an attempt to have a soldier develop the same skillset of the clone of the greatest soldier who ever lived
>doesn't work
>whoops!

>turns out you can just hypnotize medics for a few weeks in the 80's for superior results

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201602/26099526.html
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/637435774162436101
youtube.com/watch?v=BjjHMIYnm2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2tylPkEzQ&index=29&list=PL57hJfweW_2sOlf9t4dL86CVtRBOS2117#t=19m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=gtgNUFSoHv8
international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-texture-quality-interactive-comparison-1-extra-high-vs-low.html
youtu.be/IjVO4gj7gT0?t=988
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yet another retarded plothole in MGSV's shit story. Why can't this game just be wiped from existence?

THE MEMES JACK

you know venom is basically a big jerkoff on how awesome the player (you, that guy behind the screen) is right?

If you play just chapter 1, the game is 10/10 imo.

The medic needed 9 years of hypnosis, but that was still quicker than the 18 years Solid and Liquid needed to fully mature.

>wanting the game with the best gameplay to date removed

Eat shit and die.

I don't think they started until Big Boss woke up, which was less than a year before Massive Medic did. Wouldn't really make sense to go through the effort if you don't know that BB will wake up, or who will wake up first, etc. At the very least, Big Boss would need to be awake in order to tell the hypnotist (Ocelot? I guess? Where did he develop that skill?) all of the memories that needed to be implanted.

Medic was obviously really high up in the MSF I could see him being skilled enough to take the place of BB. I had loads of staff higher ranked than snake in Peace Walker.
>A few weeks
It could have been years couldn't it?

this desu

I thought it was implied Ocelot was hypnotized too.

Venom's existence is weird for the greater continuity for various reasons, but it's easy to see why creating more Venoms probably wasn't a very viable or desirable option. He was built on Big Boss's memories, making him a less flexible product.

Ultimately this is minor, though. Venom was really a way of involving the player's agency in a way that minimized any possible conflicts with the story (for better or worse, Venom's actions and personality don't have much impact on the plot). How Venom exists isn't something the game gives much of a fuck about. It doesn't spend much time on it because it's not the point.
>best gameplay
Eh.

According to MGS4 he can hypnotize himself. Somehow. Maybe he should have hypnotized BB's CQC skills into himself.

I'll never get over that. The literal supernatural takeover of Ocelot's body by Liquid's arm wasn't up to snuff for Ocelot, so he brainwashed himself into thinking he was Liquid.

Ocelot says himself that he has to hypnotize himself to believe that Venom Snake is the real Big Boss.

So why does he act like a tutorial throughout the whole game?

i like this. especially how it adds to the mother base building. feels acomplishing

Because it's a fucking game.

The S3 system wasn't executed to make Raiden a super soldier, they just wanted to see if they could successfully execute a situation similar to Shadow Moses through information manipulation.

MGS2 suggested Liquid took over Ocelot most consistently whenever Snake was around. It somewhat makes sense that Ocelot would opt for something more stable when he got the idea.

Liquid Ocelot in MGS4 is a strange character in general, though. He never really seemed like Ocelot or Liquid to me. Maybe that's the point, but I can't imagine Liquid Snake doing something like the finger guns or Mt. Snakemore.

With the afterlife being canon in Metal Gear, and Big Boss and Snake being relatively close to two psychic ghost men, are their ghosts just floating around everywhere and talking to each other? Doesn't this cheapen the meaning of death in the series?

Actually, Psycho Mantis' last moments were him lamenting using his powers for evil, rather than helping others. His final act is showing Snake the way through the base. Why does he return in 4 to try to murder Snake? Does The Sorrow's appearance imply ghosts know what's going on all the time, or was he just watching over Snake for some reason? Sounds like being dead isn't really all that bad.

>best gameplay
>stealth game that gives you a buttload of equipment to make it never necessary to stealth
>good

if kojima made survival horror you'd probably have enough ammo to kill every single monster.

Some players don't want the game to jerk off their ego. There's plenty of games if that's what you're after.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever, how did I miss this?

Was it tape only dialogue?

Yeah it was tape only shit.

Don't forget that Raiden gets a wooden sword with Snake's spirit in it in MGR. You could easily claim it's non-canon, but with all the other shit in MG, I believe it.

I think it was in a tape, yea. I think it's in the "truth" tapes you get after completing the mission where you find out you're the medic. It's really fucking stupid, it should've been in the cut scene.

Troll thread but for the few who are interested:

The hypnosis process was ongoing for 9 years and still wasn't complete. When Venom woke up at the beginning of TPP, his hypnosis was incomplete. This is why Venom has "amnesia" throughout the whole game. He thinks it's because he's been in a long ass coma and because of physical trauma, but it's actually beacuse he wasn't done absorbing all of Big Boss's memories/history yet.

That's 1975-1984 of constant hypnosis and suggestion. That's a poor Patriots/Cipher agent incessantly reciting Big Boss's lifestory to a comatose Venom every day, for 9 years. And it still wasn't complete when he woke up.

By the way, the clones ended up being the superior method. For Venom Snake, they had to find a soldier who was already super skilled (The Medic was Big Boss's best S rank soldier in MSF). Solid was able to defeat both Big Boss and Venom.

History shows science has a lot of "whoops!", so I just chalk it to scientists not being able to see the future and perfectly control every variable.
Also, Liquid wouldn't have gone rogue, at least not that fast, if his bosses at SIS didn't sell him out, resulting in a shitload of resentment on top of existing one.
And for the replicated terrorist plot, I thought it was just to test how well Raiden was under control. And it was ruined by the originally not planned variable named Solid Snake.

Literally
>LITERALLY

>Solid, Liquid and Solidus are genetic copies of BB
>Venom is a memetic copy of BB
p o t t e r y
o
t
t
e
r
y

Solid, Liquid, and Solidus were amazing fighters

not familiar with this one

Raiden was a product of the same VR, and look how he turned out

Point being, if you replicated Medic's DNA, you'd get another super soldier. He's just that good. But he wasn't a legend like Big Boss

>Solid was able to defeat both Big Boss and Venom.
MGS1 makes it clear this has more to do with his willpower and training than genetic foundation. Liquid presumably got all the good "soldier gene" shit.

How many medics who have the best physical capabilities in MSF and trained by BB again?

At the end of TPP, Kaz decides he wants to kill Big Boss. "Big Boss can go to hell. I'll make the phantom and his sons stronger to send him there"

A: Venom doesn't hate Big Boss, and eventually dies for him. What was the point of mentioning him?
B: He does eventually train Solid who goes on to kill Big Boss (and Venom)... but that was Big Boss' call. Kaz didn't really have anything to do with it. And Big boss was like fucking 80 at that point.

Did he just stop caring about it? He never really acted on his words.

>not familiar with this one

Genome soldiers in MGS1, I presume. If I recall correctly, there were some faults about it, they were dying quickly.

>best gameplay
This "game" plays about as well as mgs4 with an even shittier story.

Difference is - Venom thought he was a real Big Boss, others had mind of their own.

Good survival horror should give u enough ammo. But nothing more. If you fuck up it should be on you

oh right, i think they failed in the embryo stage?

>that theory that the SKULLS were going to be the failed clones

would have been way better

By enough I think it should be /just/ barely enough to kill every monster in the game if you exploit their weaknesses and don't waste any. That way, only people that know the game very well would be able to kill every monster, and someone playing it for the first time definitely wouldn't.

say what you want, but MGS might be my favorite video game story

Have to go back for a listen then, but seriously that is some shit fanfic level writing right there.

I've posted similar thoughts in threads before. Miller in general is fucking weird. He goes on to work at FOX-HOUND, so did he just play nice with Big Boss and pretend he was over it? Why would he have even let Outer Heaven get to the point of its Uprising? He knew about Outer Heaven before pretty much anyone did. Why didn't he spill the beans?

Ocelot's attitude doesn't line up, either. He never really "chooses" a clone. He just manipulates Liquid as part of manipulating Solidus to manipulate the Patriots for the sake of Big Boss himself.

It's a strange conversation. There really isn't a satisfying answer for any of it.

You are absolutely right and OP's post is inconsequential because of this

In Metal Gear 2 it's established that Big Boss cared so much about soldiers that he pulled several enemy soldiers out of the wreckage of the base from MG1 (after Venom died)

In MGS3/PO/PW we see Big Boss care for his men, and develop his various bases with them. It's made pretty clear that he loves his soldiers...

So why in TPP does Big Boss suddenly abandon and betray his closest allies, survivors of Mother Base, and even use one of his best men as a glorified body double meat shield? That's a total disconnect from his personality in MG2 later in the timeline. Did Kojima just forget?

It's mine for sure, it has some awkward moments but it is overall very good. Every time I replay the games I'm very into it all.

He abandoned his men to create a safe haven for soldiers.

I guess the ends justified the means, also he almost got himself killed during the motherbase attack just trying to save his men

that or kojimas a hack idk

Big Boss being an egocentric hypocrite isn't anything new. He talks about soldiers in MG2 in a cold, calculated way. For fuck's sake, our introduction to the character involves him leading Solid Snake into capture or death for the sake of fooling people and keeping his cover for as long as he needed it. Big Boss has always been manipulative.

Kojima never cared

Liquid was inferior, solidus was the perfect clone.

No, Genome soldiers are ordinary soldiers injected with DNA from Big Boss. They are guarding the base on Shadow Moses and then later Liquid talks something how they need to be fixed and that's why he asked for body of BB.

With embryo stage you are probably thinking of aborted clones and super-baby method.

I would guess that he is thinking more of the bigger picture. He created Outer Heaven to do more than just save soldiers from destroyed buildings and shit.

....That's the entire point user.

You ready?

Big Boss literally founded his own nation because he got massively fucked over following orders he despised. His clones all ended up going the same route for their own reasons: wanting to change the world in their own way and were all similarly skilled.

Recreating Big Boss required the same stimuli and belief that they were the real Big Boss. Both Liquid and Solidus fancied themselves as a "new" Big Boss and Solid bested him in single combat.

Genetics or virtual training, even a recreation of the Shadow Moses incident, couldn't recreate Big Boss. It required the right mentality.

So wouldn't it be venom who they spoke of in MG2?

But my conclusion is that the shit that sent him into a coma pushed him over the edge and he just turned away from everything.

Why did Big Boss fall for the exact same tricks Volgin did? Why didn't he teach his men how to deal with sneaky intruders? Why did he breed venomous hamsters? Why didn't he ask Colonel Cataffy for help?

Why couldn't this game just be about Big Boss himself building his nation out of the rubble of his old Mother Base instead of his body double?
It really brings down the fun of this game.

LET and Raidens gene therapy both worked perfectly, though. Genome soldiers at large may have worked, and were just fucked by being cast against Solid in MGS1. Big Bosses 'skills' were actually psychic reality-bending power. There never was a
'Venom Snake', just a dissociative Big Boss.

The Medic was the only one of any of those that actually worked with Big Boss though.

But now YOU are Big Boss :^)

>There never was a 'Venom Snake', just a dissociative Big Boss.
Cool fanfic.

you fucking idiots in this thread

>Medic best soldier underneath BB
>Medic idolizes BB
>BB and Medic in a coma
>BB wakes up first
>Hypnotizes Medic while in coma
>facial reconstruction supposedly happens after
>facial reconstruction actually happens
just a tie in for your mind to believe you're BB. That was something they probably couldn't take out of Medic, that he knew what he already looked like. Better to simply trick Medic into thinking that's what he would look like after the surgery, when the surgery already happened to look like BB. Basically it locks into Medic's mind that he looks like BB, and not himself

>Medic becomes a clone of BB
>continues to do what BB would have done in his eyes
>realizes that he's just a shadow
>continues to serve BB till death

Solid Snake worked with and was trained by Big Boss in FOX-HOUND.

>spent hours building base and completing missions as big boss
>reached ending
>wtf I didn't have fun at all I'm not big boss

It's the truth, in the end Venom doesn't really add anything to the grand scheme of things, in fact it leaves more questions than it answers (if any)

All for a "You, the player, are Big Boss" twist that just felt half-assed

Probably because big boss actually being killed by solid snake would be a plothole in 4. I like it, I went through 4 again recently and the whole cutscene with Eva talking about how Zero went to great lengths to make BB into an idol that was greatly exaggerated is supported by the extreme lengths zero went to to have BB live on through medic.

...no one is disagreeing with you

why are you calling anons retards?

>>develop the world's most advanced VR/brainwashing program and then replicate a terrorist plot which could envelope the world in the nuclear war in an attempt to have a soldier develop the same skillset of the clone of the greatest soldier who ever lived
>>doesn't work
>>whoops!

This was not the intention of the S3 project. It was all a test to see how much information the patriots really could control.

it answered a lot of questions concerning MG1 and MG2

and come on, that reveal was one of the best in gaming history

>MGSV is a fuckhuge game
>People hated MGS4 cutscenes
>Don't have enough budget to finish
>Have to make last gen versions

Kojima saying FUCK IT and throwing shit in the tapes was absolutely the right call given the awful circumstances. 80 million simply wasn't enough to make V what it was supposed to be. Destiny took almost 150 million to make and it was bare bones as fuck. No surprise that V turned out relatively unfinished.

>Ground Zeroes was cut and sold as a $40 tech demo when it was supposed to be one mission in Phantom Pain

>Phantom Pain has microtransactions designed to waste huge chunks of your time unless you pay

>V is released on 5 platforms
>Still ends up unfinished

Fuck everything

Medic being around as a clone just means BB can work out his plans behind the curtain, while at the same time running FOXHOUND. He can push Medic towards doing things for him, which will further his goals, without exposing himself towards Zero. His men will follow Medic and help.

In the end, BB shit the bed because the Gears he created were shittier than the ones he faced. He deserved to go back into a coma.

Why did Kojima create the Venom twist to explain how Big Boss survived the events of MG1, while simultaneously making Volgin survive the events of MGS 3 through sheer anger?

wipe this meme from the face of the earth

>oiling her face to make her look younger

Interesting..not sure if like

i wanna have sexual intercourse with this female humanoid

because Volgin barely survived if I recall correctly. He was taken away in a coma and was going to be experimented on.

Mantis is the only reason he started burning shit

Comas are a reoccurring theme, user.

>Why did Kojima create the Venom twist to explain how Big Boss survived the events of MG1
That's not why he created Venom. It was just a convenient place to insert Venom into the greater story in a fairly inconsequential way.

>Venom Snake is literally a meme character

Probably the only time on Cred Forums this term will be properly used.

>Volgin survive the events of MGS 3 through sheer anger
>anger powered jetpacks.jpg
>bird's flight powered by sheer anger alone.jpg

Sometime during the 9 years the hypnosis started, Zero mentions it during his last meeting with the unconscious Big Boss, its after Skullface infected him so whenever that is, and they weren't able to finish the hypnosis because Big Boss woke up (had to force Venom to wake up as well)

I'm surprised that BB hates Quiet memer hasn't showed up yet.

Back to original OP's post i think at the end of the day that is the whole point.

Raiden was a failure.
Liquid was supposed to be the superior failed.
Solidus was the perfect clone and also failed.
Genome soldiers were never going to work out because of genetic inconsistencies, thats why Liquid demanded big boss' body in his demands during the shadow moses incident so he could perfect the genome soldiers.

Solid was the inferior clone. Was sent to outer heaven having thought to fail since he was a rookie. injected by fox die because he was supposed to die ( it was programmed to kill the superior clone thus liquid finding out his whole life was a waste thinking he was shittier when he was godtier)

That being said thats the irony i feel like there was no way of making a perfect soldier or one to hold the mantle to big boss. Solid being the most overlooked ended up being the one to be the new legendary soldier.

Destiny may be bare bones initially with content but you can't deny the high quality and general design of the game. Also a lot of that money was probably marketing too.

I actually liked the tapes though. And this is coming from someone who has replayed 1-3 dozens of times and watched everything every single time. Being able to listen to those tapes at any time that are related to the story is great.

>that reveal was one of the best in gaming history

What? People were calling it since the release of Ground Zeroes, do you not remember all the face texture comparisons and the adjusted camera angle to reveal the Medic face?

Everyone with an internet connection prior to release saw it coming

Wrong. Liquid had the superior genes and Solid had the inferior, whereas Solidus was made to just look exactly like Big Boss and aged faster so he could be president.

>it answered a lot of questions concerning MG1 and MG2
Not really. If anything it just created more.

>Raiden was a failure

Raiden took down patriot opposition and became just as worthy a spy as solid snake. He wasn't a failure at all, that shit was a complete success. I would say they were all successful seeing as how they all trumped their peers and only fell short of either one another or the patriots.

>Solidus was made to just look exactly like Big Boss
To be fair, all three clones look just like Big Boss. Solidus was just a perfect copy.

>set my fob to security defense or whatever
>mfw can't even do a sideop without being invaded
Jesus fuck some of these guys sam-fisher the shit out of my everything.

>stealth game that gives you a buttload of equipment to make it never necessary to stealth

If you want to S+ every mission you basically need to learn to no-trace.

The point of the large arsenal is that you are allowed to pick your own difficulty, notice that MGSV doesn't have any modes (easy, normal, hard) that's because instead, you are supposed to play the game at your own speed.

It's called self control, maybe you should look into it, because it sounds like you cheated yourself out of the best stealth game ever released. Sad.

This argument you've presented is almost the same as saying

>game includes easy mode that allows you to never have to stealth

You should be embarrassed you made this post.

>>develop the world's most advanced VR/brainwashing program and then replicate a terrorist plot which could envelope the world in the nuclear war in an attempt to have a soldier develop the same skillset of the clone of the greatest soldier who ever lived

But that's wrong, S3 stands for Selection for Societal Sanity, not Solid Snake Simulation.

I love the amount of choice you have to play in V. At first play through I went for absolute stealth and being unseen. Now when I play I just go straight and play it like an action game, which includes sneaking until getting caught if I do and then busting out big guns, explosives, and fast routing/objective completion to finish the mission by any means. It's a ton of fun, switch on some of those cassette tunes and it's easily one of the best experiences I've had with a video game.

>S+
Is that a new thing? Never heard of the S+ rank, though regular S was the maximum

MGSV certainly has flaws, and the story is a big one, but the game itself is very fun, and in many ways, a lot more like a video games then ANYTHING ELSE kojima has ever made. It's an excersize in managing various systems that all have an affect on various aspects of the game, combined with some pretty great stealth and third person gunplay, as a package, flaws included, I think it's one of the best experiences I've ever had as well.

My mistake, there is no official S+ raining, though there are 2 different S rankings, they are only differentiated by what Kaz says at the end of the mission.

That's right, S3 was not a test to see if they could mold Raiden into a super solider, instead, it was a test to see what would happen if they attempted to control information on a mass scale, Raiden was simply a pawn used as part of that plan, which is why they basically don't give a fuck what he does after killing Solidus.

I think most of the sour taste in peoples mouths was because the hype train for the game was insane, the trailers were amazing, everything that was being revealed looked awesome. Honestly I was expecting one of the greatest games of all time (which it would have been if it hadn't been rushed out the door). Don't get me wrong, I still think it is one of the best games in recent history despite its flaws, but it was shaping up to be something incredible.

Horsey!

Oh, so which one of the two lines he said was picked depending on your score? That's interesting, I always thought they were randomized for a little variety

The worst part is that we really don't know who is to blame for the bloated marketing, Kojima has hinted since leaving that it was Konami's choice to make all those trailers and have all those events, and he was simply obligated to go along with it, however, he could easily be trying to save face, and his current actions don't do much to inspire confidence.

That being said, if the various things said about Konami in the last 2 years by alleged inside sources (talking about the ones that spoke to journalists and internet personalities, not the ones posting here) I would probably bet on Konami as the culprit instead of Kojima.

People get too mad over the fact that it is very different from previous installments. MGS2 is probably my favorite game and I love the others but I just accepted V is supposed to be a different type of experience and I enjoyed it much more that way.

You realize that Medic was one of MSF's best soldiers and has A++ in every single stat, right? If you used the same method on just anybody then you'd probably get far worse results than the Genome Soldiers.

>in an attempt to have a soldier develop the same skillset of the clone of the greatest soldier who ever lived
You realize that the Patriots fucking laugh at Raiden for suggesting that's what they're doing, right? The S3 program was never about making a soldier as capable as Snake.

The other possibility is that the marketing plan was done by Kojima, and the game would have lived up to the hype had it not been rushed out the door by Konami.

There's obviously apologists on both sides, some will say Kojima spent too much money, and Konami was trying to get a return already. Others will say Konami expected far too much from Kojima and his team, mainly, expecting them to be able to deliver the experience they were going for on the PS3 and XBOX360.

At the end of the day, I think it's better just to say "Kojima has made good games in the past, he will make good games in the future." and not bother with the details of a single event.

MGSV and everything surrounding it is pretty much Kojima (and his team's) only failure. People are too harsh on him, but I can understand why, as a hardcore MGS fan, it was the letdown of a lifetime. All build up and no climax, MGSV feels a lot like sex without the orgasm.

I hope that one day, when someone is literally on their death bed, they reveal to us exactly what went wrong inside Konami.

I feel like of all the video games we've ever had, this game deserves a (director's) commentary more than any other.

Gotta say, the fact that the DLC outfits had the options to be worn with the chest exposed or covered was really neat. A shame the Tuxedo was male only, though

All that man did was work hard on games fans wanted. I remember seeing a video where he visited some huge metal gear fans family because the kid died from leukemia or something. His room was decked out with cool collectibles and shit. And then kojima was just like "I need to get this game out no matter what before more people die".

Fuck he even tweeted "my next game will be finished this time", kojima is a sweet man who did nothing wrong.

A documentary about Kojima's career, MGSV's downfall included, would certainly help to make my life complete.

Sadly, it seems like the foreseeable future, all we're getting is silence, and honestly, it's pretty deafening. It's not as simple as "Kojima doesn't wanna talk about it", it's pretty obvious him and anyone close to the project are under a strict NDA of some kind, which is why when asked about it Kojima and Yoji don't answer the questions directly.

Who knows if they ever will.

>has A++ in every single stat
What? The "he was always our best man" line seems more like a nod to the player given Venom's role as something of a self-insert than anything else. There's nothing suggesting that he wasn't good at his duties as a doctor or other things--he was the guy on the chopper too, after all--but nonetheless. "A++ in every single stat" is really just conjecture. We doing know much about him other than that he was a doctor.

>80 million simply wasn't enough to make V what it was supposed to be.
What are you basing this off of other than some shitty unrelated game costing way too much to develop for what it is? Witcher 3 had 80 million for development including marketing costs (which I believe was nearly half of it since, IIRC, they self-funded development while getting others to pay marketing) meanwhile MGSV had 80 million just for development. How much do you fucking think most games cost to develop?

There's a lot of people that would disagree, but honestly, if you look at his twitter and pay attention to his interests and what he talks about, he's just a nerd that is really happy that he gets to make these things. He makes the things he would like to see, to use somewhat of a cringe-worthy phrase "He's one of us", a nerd, that loves nerd culture, and loves making video games.

There are far far far worse people in the industry. I get that a lot of the hate comes from fans that were bitter after MGSV, but honestly, I don't get how anyone can hate the man. He's a cool guy.

>"A++ in every single stat" is really just conjecture.

The problem was not the funding, it was the demand from Konami to make it run on the PS3 and 360, most people don't realize how far behind these are, and how long that took.

>MGSV's downfall
I'm not convinced there was some huge downfall. Some things of various significance were cut, sure--Motherbase in particular fell short--and it's also true that the PS3/360 releases could have held back development. But on the whole I think MGSV is more or less what it was intended to be. The only one that knows how satisfied Kojima is with it is Kojima himself, and maybe other KojiPro members.

It's more romantic to think it was some huge artistic achievement curtailed by outside forces, but we don't really know. The story seems to be more or less what it was intended to be, and the general game matched what the various demos suggested it would be.

But if they're all the same score how come the bars is different sizes!? HUH?!

Check fucking mate boi.

That's after the hypnosis and the implantment of Big Boss's experience, though.

This is all true, I was just taking some dramatic license. It's development was troubled, that much is certain, left over voice lines indicating chico was originally part of the plot (only to be tied up in a cassette tape), a completely cancelled mission, and the removal of the user generated content module are all pointing to development hell.

All in all, it's just nice to have a level headed discussion about it for once, this is a nice reprieve from the usual shit slinging that MGS fans have had to endure over the last year.

BTFO SUCK A DICK

See I was talking about the Medic's skills prior to the identity fuckery, which we don't know much about.

My point is that we don't really know where the conflicts were or where/how exactly they manifest in the finished project. It's quite possible the game is closer to what Kojima envisioned than people want to think. The hospital sequence--and probably Venom's role by extension--are more or less the same as they are in the very first look at the game we got a few years ago, all the way back during the Moby Dick Studios ruse.

Neither of those are what people really take issue with though, sure, some people wanted the charismatic Big Boss having long winded discussion about morals and war, the biggest problem with the game was how certain sections, like the prologue, honey bee, skullface, and shining lights, have polish above and beyond the rest of the game.

Mission 51 doesn't feel like the only thing cut, it feels like many of the missions were meant to be a much larger scale experience.

If every mission was setup the same way these were, the game would feel much less empty, even with Venom being the way he is.

>The hospital sequence--and probably Venom's role by extension-
"Yano says that Kojima explained the structure of MGSV to him as early as 2011, and all the different elements were already in place: from the themes (such as phantom pain and retaliation) to the motif of Moby Dick. “However, at that point Ishmael was actually Huey. Snake was Ahab, and Diamond Dogs’ enemy was America. It was set up so that the story, being told by Huey (Ishmael) as an American citizen, would be biased toward the American perspective, showing America as being right the whole time.”"

famitsu.com/news/201602/26099526.html

>It was set up so that the story, being told by Huey (Ishmael) as an American citizen, would be biased toward the American perspective, showing America as being right the whole time.

That actually sounds amazing.

It's not real, it's fox engine

>Neither of those are what people really take issue with though
That's not really what I'm suggesting. I'm saying that most of what we saw lines up with what we got, except for the context of scenes in the trailers which are deliberately manipulative. What we didn't get to see before the game's release or were shown/told afterward we can only guess about. Aside from the Walker Gear and Mission 51 it's complete guesswork. I'm not so sure every mission was meant to be like those. In fact, given the emphasis on player agency and comments about the real story being the player's time in the missions, I'm fairly certain they weren't.

That corroborates my point more than anything. I can't tell if you're trying to disagree with me or not.

yeah I feel that way too, friend.

Difference is that the 3 clones had free will whereas Venom thought he was someone he really wasn't until he had made himself his own boss.

Kind of.

Solidus was a genetic perfect copy. He's most likely about 99% similar to Big Boss in appearance, the 1% accounts for lifestyle and environmental influences that could have altered his physical appearance.

Solid and Liquid are genetically very similar to Big Boss, close enough to fool conventional DNA testing. However, the differences in the DNA is great enough that the security of the SOP System in MGS4 will reject Solid/Liquid's DNA sequence.

This, combined with different lifestyle and environmental influences resulted in a decent enough change in their appearance. This is evident in MGS4 where Old Snake is different looking enough from Big Boss.

Perhaps you're right, I could be projecting my own wishes onto the game.

But I stand by the core of my point: The problems with the game are more about a lack of content, rather than the style of that content.

Honestly, if the user created content had made it to release, I feel like this game would hold up much better than it does, there's a lot of possibility for interesting extraction and assassination missions all over the map, all in all, weather it was Kojima's vision or not, after everything he's managed to pull off so fucking well, this game just feels extremely under realized.

I don't think my dick can get any harder than this.

I'm just going to straight up pretend this actually happened - I'll work out the details in my head like some terrible fanfiction writer. Just like how I pretend Ocelot is actually a wise and sage torturer who grew up from being cocky, and only puts on the crazed personality hat when on assignment.

God, Kaz's line, "In no time he'll be telling tales of the black-hearted Diamond Dogs." I'm just imagining, all the hours we would have spent arguing about what was true and what was embellished by Huey.

Actually, this idea kinda changes the way I view MGSV's story in it's current state, if the original idea was to have the story slanted by Huey, then who is to say the current story isn't slanted by Big Boss?

I'm aware of all of this. Since you are too, you will have also noticed that Solid and Liquid have the same damn face in MGS1, and Solidus's face is the same as Solid's in MGS2, save for differences accounted by aging.

Why Snake looks so different from Big Boss in MGS4 is anyone's guess. You can explain it a number of ways if you try hard enough.

Solid and Liquid were created with the purpose of having an army of disposable supersoldiers. Dying after 4 missions of that caliber would be an accomplishment.
Not to mention, someone with the exact face as Big Boss managed to get into the Oval office without anyone even noticing this.

The continuity fucked itself a long time ago, let it die.

Big Boss died in the helicopter, the Big Boss you meet in MGS4 is a body double created by the patriots. This is why he has the same voice actor as skull face.

is that trying hard enough?

>Just like how I pretend Ocelot is actually a wise and sage torturer who grew up from being cocky, and only puts on the crazed personality hat when on assignment.

I don't think you need to pretend, though. It's evident in MGSV that his crazed personality is more of a performance act than anything. He isn't always that crazy, and MGSV revealed to us the more subdued side of Ocelot.

There's also the cassette tape that explains how Ocelot got the nickname Shalashaska. Basically, while Ocelot was indeed a Soviet interrogator, the reputation and notoriety that came with the nickname were exaggerations made up by terrified Afghans.

People also say Ocelot was completely different in MGSV, supposedly "out of character," which is false. They simply just showed a different side. During Huey interrogation cutscenes, Ocelot lets out the classic personality we all know and love, for example, when he left Huey alone in the interrogation room balanced on the metallic archaea syringe.

its time to stop posting

>The continuity fucked itself a long time ago, let it die.

But talking about it is fun, what's so wrong about that? Isn't that what narrative driven games should aspire to have it's fans do? Discuss them?

>Ocelot hypnotize himself into believing Venom was BB
>Then he hypnotizes himself again into believing Liquid possessed him
Sasuga sadist-kun

Intimidation is part of interrogation, even in MGS1 Ocelot is a completely different person when he thinks he's alone with Liquid.

People will cite the torture scenes in MGSV as him acting "non insane" while interrogating, but the problem with that is that everyone he interrogates is a motherbase inhabitant, meaning they've seen him being normal, and the act won't work as well on them.

This is why he goes for the subdued, calm, collected, calculating madman instead.

he wasn't just hypnotized, volgin and the child believed he was big boss. I think the idea is that soldiering is more spiritual than being engineered. in the end, snake, the recessive gene twin was the winner too

Hammering your own fingers also increase the difficulty, I'm not sure why would you think doing it has any merit.

>who is to say the current story isn't slanted by Big Boss
I know. I KNOW.

See, we're here questioning everything we see in the game. Why is Ocelot like this, what exactly does Kaz do once he discovers Big Boss kept him in the dark, where the fuck does Liquid go (we only know from datamining), all these things. You could say that this is the clearest picture we get (the game) but there are holes everywhere.

If they had actually implemented the plot point that some parts of the story were Huey's account then we'd be questioning everything. And yes, that would kinda suck but it's something to go off of.

Maybe in Big Boss's telling of the story, because he wasn't even there, there are just some dialogs that don't happen. Maybe Quiet was able to talk, but because the storyteller, whomever it is, wasn't paying attention or simply wasn't there, didn't remember her actually saying anything. In record keeping she wasn't important enough to record her words so from a historical account, she might as well have been mute.

You could say it's a shit excuse, pulling the unreliable storyteller card, but man.

>he wasn't just hypnotized
yea, there was a plastic surgery so he would look like a boss
pls depart

Isn't BB in PW also A+ on everything?

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I JUST WANT TO USE IT

>pls depart
I wish, but Morpho isn't coming, I wonder what happened to him

Yeah, think about it like this:

In MGS1 and MGS2, Solid Snake tells people that Soliders can not be created through VR Training, or any kind of training really, he believes that soldiers are forged through hardship, and later in the series acknowledged that his genes did play a part in his skill.

However, Venom would probably tell a different story, he might argue that having the genes of Big Boss don't make you Big Boss, what makes you Big Boss is something else entirely, something that comes from within, the type of dedication and perseverance that Big Boss had to The Boss, and Venom later had for Big Boss.

Venom might argue that what makes a solider is not genes, or training, or hardships, what makes a solider is what you believe in, how strongly you believe in it, and how far you're willing to go to stay true to that.

Oh, you're this stupid? How sad.

>turns out you can just hypnotize medics for a few weeks in the 80's for superior results
the difference is Venom is 110% devoted to big Boss, while everyone else was created, and used against their will. Venom is the player, who has been with big Boss since the beginning, loves the character, and wants to be him. of course Venom worked better than the clones. i don't know why this is so hard for people to understand, it's like no one played the games and are just shitposting on Cred Forums or something.

>kojima knows konami won't let him make another MGS game
>wants to give a final farewell to his fans
>a random medic became involved in the legend of big boss
>it means MGS is nothing without the fans who play it, and we've made MGS a legend together
Stop taking it literally. Kojima is a genius.

Who came out alive when they faced each other again?

>pulling the unreliable storyteller card

Unreliable Narrator is canon. Venom hallucinated having conversations with Paz for weeks on end.

While I know you're half-joking, this is a valid point, and the response is that either:

1. Venom's Mission was to die, to cover up Big Boss being alive.

2. Venom was old and ready to die.

His speech about the nightmares never going away when Snake faces him tells the story of a man who has been beaten down by war, and just doesn't have much fight left in him.

So great was this twist reveal in gaming history that people guessed it within hours of the games reveal at the VGAs when it wasn't even called a MGS game yet.

Is this a joke? You were supposed to figure it out, he left a fucking cutout of the name "METAL GEAR SOLID V" in the damn title. If he wanted to hide it he wouldn't have done that. Clear your head.

>
Oh shit. I'm at the office and downloaded the first pic the proxy didn't blocked. My bad.

I was half-joking yeah. I don't like to bring this e-celeb stuff, but SBH had a good idea about it.
That Venom's mission wasn't to die but to kill a green, unexperienced Solid, who neither of them seemed fond of, but that backfired like hell.

dude what

You missed my point of bringing that up. I was stating that the 'it's not really Big Boss' reveal was being figured out the night of the VGAs. Not that it was a MGS game.

>That Venom's mission wasn't to die but to kill a green, unexperienced Solid
You don't need SBH to come to this conclusion. Solid Snake failing at Outer Heaven was always Big Boss's intention; there's no reason to think that's changed. The story of the Outer Heaven Uprising and Operation Intrude N313 is presumably the same as it always was. Venom has just been tossed into the mix and dies instead of Big Boss merely getting his shit wrecked and surviving.

Oh, my mistake, you worded it a little odd.

>create 3 clones of the greatest soldier who ever lived
>the greatest soldier who ever lived
Well there's your problem, Big Boss isn't the greatest soldier who ever lived, the running theme of the entire series deals with the nature and exaggeration of legends and the tragedy and consequences of believing in them.

You can see Big Boss' stats in peace walker and he's not even an S rank in combat.

>You don't need SBH to come to this conclusion
True, the tapes in PW and TPP clearly indicates this, but I know how people get over here with that stuff.

Imagine this for a second:
>FOB are not a clone of your base, but a whole developed base by you on land, called Outter Heaven
>Finish Mission 46
>Any FOB invasion you get past that point is the actual ending, that you see if you fail to defend your FOB, instead of the nuclear disarment one
>To avoid being a pain, the video only loads the first time you fail. Any other time it's the usual kill screen FOB has
>Let's double up, you get a Soldier called Snake that can trigger the ending too if you invade with it and success, so the ending is not locked behind failing a mission only

Oh, god, to think this sounds almost possible.

>You can see Big Boss' stats in peace walker and he's not even an S rank in combat.
that's just a gameplay mechanic. if he was all S++, it would make finding S++ soldiers completely worthless. it's been like that since Portable Ops.

>best gameplay
>game doesn't focus procure on site like predecessors
>terrible open world that contradicts basic stealth gameplay
>base development
>limitations on equipment
>most equipment is pointless
>KIKONGO
>have to pay GMP to use equipment that you've already spent GMP developing
>AI count makes encounters drag on longer than they need to
>Side missions are the same shit over and over again
>Most main missions are no different
>Several "side missions" are more important than most main missions
>What few boss fights there are are all shit

The way Snake handles is, for the most part, far better than previous games, but the way the game is designed makes it pointless. It took all the worst aspects of Peace Walker, took out what was decent, and then piled on a bunch of dumb shit.

>PC
>Frankenstein guns
>Instant silent knock out grenade launcher 100 drum mag
>mfw FOB missions

You can take those guns to the FOB? I never thought about it, fuck

Because V brought in a fuckload of newfaggots that never played a MGS game before and since it's their first MGS game they actually think this piece of shit is """"""""""""good""""""""""""".

Add that newfaggotry to all the already retarded blind fanbase and you got a game that no one dares to say it's shit outside of its echo chamber.

>m-m-m-m-muh gameplay
what made MGS games popular and what made MGS1 unique was never the gameplay.

go play CoD

Considering PW is canon? A lot.

You know, I can acknowledge all those things as something that people may not like.

However, even though I completely understand where you're coming from, I still think MGSV is the most fun from a gameplay stand point.

In previous metal gears, I sneaked through the levels to advance the plot, I wanted to see what happened next, and maybe I enjoyed a bit of fucking with the guard AI from time to time. They were great, and good in their own way.

MGSV however, I often play missions just to play them, not to learn more about the story, and I fuck with the guard AI much more, I play it as a sandbox, and it's a very fun sandbox.

And in that way, I feel like... MGSV is more fun to me, personally.

I can see how the arcade-style-action of the previous entries would appeal more to others however.

I get it, ya know?

In fact it's interesting to note that no, he isn't.
He is an A rank in Combat Skill (Peace Walker doesn't have "+ ranks") but has no skills whatsoever in any other specialization.

I think I remember him saying that all he ever knew was fighting, so it might be a reference to that

>caring about anything but gameplay
>in a game
Kys

Wow, I never thought of it as a reference, that's pretty clever actually.

Also... does this mean Big Boss is stupid?

>In previous metal gears, I sneaked through the levels to advance the plot, I wanted to see what happened next, and maybe I enjoyed a bit of fucking with the guard AI from time to time.
Holy shit it's almost as if there was something different in MGS games compared to all the sandbox games out there hum? Like pacing and story driven gameplay instead of mindless gameplay. It's almost as if MGS got famous for being exactly story-heavy when games barely had voice acting let alone everything being voiced.
But sure, MGS as it is now probably appeals to a broader demographic. Who cares about uniqueness when you can have profit?

I think I remember PW having stats for weapon category besides their traditional stats for MSF

And there in-lies the problem. A sequel should take the better aspects of it's predecessors and, while keeping to the spirit, build on them. A sequel should NOT take the better aspects, throw them out the window and make something completely different. That's what spin-offs are for.

I don't understand why you see what I said as a personal attack on your taste, I was just sharing my opinion.

Sandniggers can only talk in memes and in greentext.

Bitch all you want about the definition of "game", the truth is that MGS became famous for its heavy story, not for the gameplay. If MGS1 was just another copy of an action game like MGSV is just another sandbox game no one would have cared about it.

It's one of the best game of its generation and new faggots like you all do on reddit is complain how mgs1 is "hard to play".

Back to CoD.

I thought MGSV was a spin-off, isn't that the twist? the whole "It's not 5, it's V, V for Victory!"???

The reason Kojima started pushing MGS in a different direction is because he was bored as fuck of doing linear stealth games over and over.
He was probably excited as fuck to make Silent Hills simply because it wasn't MGS.
The same for Death Stranding.

?
Didn't saw it as an attack.

Just saw your post as a perfect example to voice my opinion. Don't be defensive and assume """"""""attacks""""""" everywhere.

If a game can't stand on it's own with nothing but it's gameplay, it's a bad videogame.
Videogames aren't movies, or books, plots are secondary elements.
MGS doesn't have some kind of special permission.

I hope Kojima continues his trope of re-using ideas from his previous works that didn't fit into his current project in Death Stranding.

It's a pretty estahblished meme that Kojima always said he wanted to do xyz in one game, and when he can't, he goes on to use it in the next title.

If this is still the case, Death Stranding should have some delicious Silent Hills accents.

Kojima never cared about consistent characterization

Then he should have made a spin-off.

The thing is, MG1 and MG2 weren't made thinking of what the franchise was going to be.

The reason Kojima made V like a sandbox is because Kojima is an easily impressed retard that actually likes other games, thinks they are more popular than MGS, and copies them.

No, it's not because of some misunderstood genius burnout.

he's just a very focused man
it's the autism

He did.
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/637435774162436101

I'm not saying he's a genius, i'm just referencing something that he has been saying since MGS1.
His simply tired of doing stealth military games.

>All for a "You, the player, are Big Boss" twist that just felt half-assed
Also I'm not a former MSF soldier so the "I am big bossu" rings hollow

What about games like Catherine, it's a pretty good video game but the gameplay is pretty fucking boring. I mean I did enjoy it from time to time when it got trickier and I felt like I was actually solving puzzles, but even then, I only played it because the atmosphere and plot actually interested me quite a bit, so is it a "bad" video game? is a "good" something else? I enjoyed it as something.

He's full of shit and you know it.

Yeah, that is true. It's not like in TPP were your abilities in the other units determine your overall effectiveness on the field, in PW you had the bars that represented the character's suitability for other units and to the side, the ones related to different aptitudes in combat like throwing distance or running speed. Big Boss has A on all the combat related skills, but that's it, everything else is 0

>Snatcher happens in the same universe as Metal Gear
>Snatcher gets mildly referenced in a bonus mission for GZ
>nothing else comes from it

w h y
h
y

I can't be the only one who thinks Snatcher is Hideo's best game, am I?

>I think he's lying
If that's your argument i'm not even sure why you are replying.

>A competent developer will never make stealth-focused Metal Gear Fox

Nope.
Kojima also said long time ago that he sees Snatcher as his best work, something of an ''indie movie'' and that MGS would be just a blockbuster franchise.

Previous MGS games stood on it's own with bad gameplay.
Not that you were born at the time to know that.

You seriously need to learn how to read.
MGS games got popular and famous due to it's story driven gameplay and for being the first of its kind being fully voiced and relying heavily on pacing. The gameplay was a secondary element.

This are the facts about what made MGS games popular in the first place. Your personal opinions on V and how a game needs to cater to your ADD with constant explosions and something to do at all times are irrelevant.

how is it inconsistent? big boss has always been a man dedicated to fighting, to the point where the ends justify any means

he's still compassionate to an extent
he worries after ocelot and venom before he goes, and considering how little we see from him, that little bit really speaks to his character

>If you want to S+ every mission you basically need to learn to no-trace.
You're retarded. That's now how MGSV stealth works
youtube.com/watch?v=BjjHMIYnm2Q

Like so many devs and people responsible for games, Kojima lies.

mindblowing I know.

It's not really inconsistent with the Big Boss of MG1/MG2 anyway.

>Previous MGS games stood on it's own with bad gameplay.
If the gameplay alone doesn't stand on it's own, it's a bad videogame.

>MGS games got popular and famous due to it's story
So?

>Your personal opinions on V and how a game needs to cater to your ADD with constant explosions and something to do at all times are irrelevant.
No it's not, because everyone outside here loved MGSV, they want games where you can do stuff, not ''games'' focused entirely on a story that's already subpar and mediocre in every way.

Why are you replying with the same post?
If all your argument relies on your own hypothesis, might as well just don't rpely.

>I think I know what goes inside Kojimas head
If that's your argument i'm not even sure why you are replying.

Btw, just playing MGS4 now.
Why is MGS4 battlefield more alive and believable than MGSV battlefield?
There's actually opposing factions fighting against each other. There's actually shit happening without my interference.

I'd say the game itself backs up that statement. People tend to try to cover their own asses when they fuck up.

>I think I know what goes inside Kojimas head
Considering I based what i'm saying in think that Kojima said, I think my argument has more consistency than yours.

I NEED MORE FUCKING FUEL

WHERE HOW DO I GET IT

That's pathetic as fuck.

That actually earns an S rank jesus fuck.

How?

>If the gameplay alone doesn't stand on it's own, it's a bad videogame.
So all MGS games until V are bad games.
Ok. I think we're done here with your """""""argument""""""""

>Repeat The mission to rescue Emmerich
>Skip initial cutscene
>Extract the Fuel container right on the beginning on top of the catwalk
>Go outside and wait for the checkpoint to register the resources reaching MB
>Restart Mission
>Rinse and Repeat

>game doesn't focus procure on site like predecessors
>you've had an OP tranq gun that you can beat the entire game with since literally the second game

really makes you think.

Different user, user.
>person X says Y
>does the opposite
>HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S LYING WHEN HE CLEARLY SAID Y?

You're clearly a drone. No point arguing with people that feel the need to defend a grown man.

>So all MGS games until V are bad games.
Of course they are.

Skip all the cutscenes and all you are left with is a below average third person game with clunky mechanics and maybe the worst shooting mechanics ever conceived in a videogame ever.
Plot in a videogame matters as much as plot in a porno.
And even then, MGS' plot is a convoluted mess that not even Kojima fully understands, a franchise built upon ripping off countless songs, movies and books, and with references as subtle as a slap in your face.

Mgs4 has better gameplay.

Play it again if you don't believe me.

My favorite thing about MG1-MGS3 is the game design, not the story.

I don't care if you like the story most, and I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but I think the series has held up just fine on their gameplay. Ghost Babel and MGS2 have a fuckload of content, too.

Not at all.
It's just MGS3 but without having to crawl through menus and being able to walk crouched.

It's a functional gameplay, it doesn't stand out in any way.

Yep
Because MGSV stealth isn't based on your alarms, your headshots, or leaving no trace. MSGV is based more than anything on SPEED

You can perform the same trick in a lot of missions, I did a version of it in the Honeybee one

Actually, if you do the no traces you get an automatic S-rank since that alone gives you enough points to get that.

But isn't Death Stranding also going to be ripping stuff from ZOE3?

>If the gameplay alone doesn't stand on it's own, it's a bad videogame.
Mgs1, 2, 3 and pw gameplay don't stand on their own. They all have obvious flaws that make the games outdated and hard to play for kids nowadays to play. So they're all bad games? No you don't sound like a mgsvbabbie at all. kek

>So?
It's a fact. It's almost as if there are other things, other factors in games that can make a game *good. Right now I know you're the type of faggot that gets triggered when people reply to him and need to have the last word, but surely you can see this.

>everyone outside here loved MGSV
Can say the same for mgs4. nice argument fuckwit. glad to see you speak for everyone else and never saw criticism for mgsv outside 4chin. kek.

>Skip all the cutscenes and all you are left with is a below average third person game with clunky mechanics and maybe the worst shooting mechanics ever conceived in a videogame ever.
Exactly.
Oh boy, I wonder why MGS games got popular then....

Hardly related to the topic. But how the fuck did Snake never notice that the President of the United States of America looks exactly like Big Boss, or just an older version of twin Snakes themselves?

But why go for all that trouble when you can get an S rank anyway with a faster approach?

>gameplay is bad
>somehow the game is good
What is this logic?

>It's a fact.
That doesn't mean anything, Skyrim is what made TES popular, yet it's a terrible RPG.

>Can say the same for mgs4
Isn't the reason why PW and MGSV are more story focused due to all the complaints of MGS4 being a movie?

>Oh boy, I wonder why MGS games got popular then....
The story, but that doesn't change anything.
Story is an element that can work on movies and books.
Gameplay is what makes a game, a game.
If the gameplay sucks, it's a bad videogame.

Popularity doesn't affect any of that.

that ptsd probably made him see big boss' face everywhere

Because I play these games to be stealthy, not to get high scores.
I'll always feel much more satisfied if I manage to ghost a base, than running through it.

wanna just make out with paz and hold hands with her on peace day

>there are people in this thread defending MGSV by saying the previous games had bad gameplay

Nope. No alarms can still give you Bs if you take too long
youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2tylPkEzQ&index=29&list=PL57hJfweW_2sOlf9t4dL86CVtRBOS2117#t=19m28s
Perfect stealth, no kills for OKB-0, still gets B. Not even any neutralizations either, no knocked out people, literally a ghost snuck into the compound leaving no trace. Still B

Because people are dumb as fuck.
MGS' story is not even good.

The reason Kojima didn't go for movies is because the writing quality in videogames is so low he might have had a chance.
If he made a movie, the entire world would laugh at him.

>Gameplay is what makes a game, a game.
>If the gameplay sucks, it's a bad videogame
You are plain wrong.

Retired to Alaska, wasn't into politics.

why git gud at fps when you can just get an aimbot?

>no alarms
No traces is not the same as no alarms.

No traces is basically ghosting.
You can't tranq, you can't CQC, you can't fulton anything.

Not that user. But your does come of as really agressive.
You might want to look into your typing style: maybe you tried to use sarcasm? Sarcasm doesn't really work in text.

Yeah, and the video I posted is EXACTLY THAT
Zero neutralizations means: no CQC, no tranqs

I'm plain right.
Just like how books are bad if they have bad plot, games are bad if they have bad gameplay.

Games are not a storytelling medium, and they'll never will.
Even Kojima had to give in to putting story in a second place and making MGS more gameplay focused.

>MGS1-3 and PW don't have seamless TPS gameplay so the gameplay is bad
Literally end your life
This is like arguing Souls games have bad gameplay because they aren't DMC

You cant fucking read can you dumbass

That video is not no traces though.
In fact, Liam mentions in one of the next videos, or this one I think, how if he didn't shoot that spotlight while infiltrating, he would have gotten No Traces, which is an automatic S.
See
No Traces gives almost 3 times as much points as the No Retries, No Kills, No Reflex, No Alerts and Perfect Stealth do, on top of these, giving you an automatic S rank.

But most stealth tools and utilities are not necessary in other MGS games until European Extreme. The first time I played through MGS2 I did not know about melee or hiding in cabinets, and I did fine.

The gameplay is bad because they are clunky as fuck games.
PW suffers from PSP's lack of a second stick on top of that.

>The story, but that doesn't change anything.
>Story is an element that can work on movies and books.
>Gameplay is what makes a game, a game.
>If the gameplay sucks, it's a bad videogame.

It makes a good game with bad gameplay.
Simple as that.
Like a good game with bad art direction, or bad story like V. Gameplay is a factor otherwise no one would consider games with bad gameplay good games overall. Sorry, it's also a fact that mgs game had critical and popular acclaim so your personal opinion on them being bad games is just that irrelevant.
There are games with bad gameplay that are considered good games. Case point, previous mgs games, your minority contrary opinion aside.

Like I said, you're clearly the type that needs to "win" internet discussions and gets triggered so you'll carry your banner that previous mgs games were bad until the end.

Skyrim is bad analogy because until mgs1 there was nothing like it. netx you're pulling food analogies.

mgs4 had great reviews. good critical acclaim and excellent sales. I can push the same argument that you did "no one outside here something-something". It's void.

from your posts I can only congratulate Kojima.
he was smart in seeing that the mgs fanbase was getting old and his only way to survive was to make a personality cult with newfaggots to the fanbase, newfaggots that would defend the shitstorm that is mgsv even if they need to say previous mgs games are bad in the process. that fucking gook is truly a genius in marketing.

>clunky as fuck games
I'm sure that eighteen years from now, MGSV will feel pretty fucking clunky too.

>It makes a good game with bad gameplay.
How can a game be good with bad gameplay?
The main element, what makes a game, a game, is bad.
The foundation of it is bad.
How can it be good?

>he was smart in seeing that the mgs fanbase was getting old and his only way to survive was to make a personality cult with newfaggots to the fanbase
He simply knew games with little gameplay have no future.

Only played MGSV. Did not have half a clue what the fuck was going on, or care.

I'm almost certain this makes the game more awesome.

>The story, but that doesn't change anything.
It actually does.
It contradicts your retarded opinion.

Old MGS games were considered good games.
Old MGS games relied heavily on the story
Old MGS games have overall poor gameplay and that was irrelevant to consider them bad games

Your opinion doesn't change this. Deal with it and cry how V is good. That's all you can do.

The entire point of MGS2 was that it DID work.

He was also stated to be one of Big Boss's best soldiers, so whoever is your top tier character in Peace Walker is probably the Medic.

Why would it?
Assassins Creed Syndicate is clunkier than MGS1.
Smoother animations, but the gameplay is a clusterfuck.

How do you know, if you haven't played the others?

>How can a game be good with bad gameplay?
Because the other elements make up for it you retard.

Why did President Johnson suddenly abandon and betray his close ally, a WW2 survivor, using The Boss as a glorified double meat shield?

mgsvbabbies.

>It actually does.
Does the story make the gameplay better?
How?

Which elements?
Are they gameplay related?
If they are not, they don't.

Looks like someone didn't play MGS2

>>game doesn't focus procure on site like predecessors
fuck me, this a thousand times. the what, two missions? that dump you in with nothing, forcing you to acquire everything by sneaking around and stealing it were the best in the game, and they were just repeats of completely mundane jobs you'd already done but stripped of guns. there wasn't a single mission where you get kidnapped or your helicopter gets shot down or shit goes sideways and you have to start from square one, and that's a fucking travesty, ESPECIALLY given that 'starting again from nothing' was kinda the premise of the entire fucking story.

why the fuck do we still have threads about this game, they just make me mad. I'm gonna go cruise from strut to strut listening to top gun tunes and drinking my face off now.

Circular "logic" isn't an argument user. I know you need to be right and you'll keep parroting the same shit but this is really your limit. We're done here, you can post on facebook you won an internet debate.

As opposed to the idiots who thought talentless hacks like Kojima would get away with making movies.
Those games are dead, and for a very good reason.
Want to write stories?
Fuck off to writing books.

>Are they gameplay related?
>If they are not, they don't.
You can't dictate that.
0/10 your opinion is shit.

>those games are dead
if you say so codbabbie.
ignore the obvious troll. he's either a good troll or another retarded sandnigger. mgsfanbase is full of those for some reason.

I don't need you to acknowledge it, the industry proves me right.
MGS is no longer story focused, there's a reason for that, and why Kojima wants to make his future games more gameplay focused.
Storytelling in videogames is pointless, and it's not even decent. Previous MGS games being considered games with good stories is prove of that.

Wait, the story of those games affects the gameplay?
How then?

>Which elements?
Level design, boss fights, procure on site, unlocking special equipment through hidden challenges

>Raiden proves himself to be on the level of the Snake clones
>Raiden defeats his "father" just as Snake did
>Despite Snake's interference in the S3 plan, everything happens exactly as the AIs intended

The S3 plan has 3 layers.

Layer 1 is training Raiden into the next Solid Snake

Layer 2 is recreating Shadow Moses to prove it can be done

Layer 3 is setting up the war economy to create an endless need for the AIs to remain in control of everything

All three of those things occur in the game.

The entire point of the game was that the S3 plan was successful.

>if you say so codbabbie.
Didn't know MGSV was a movie-''game'' where story was the primary element and gameplay was put to the side in favor of countless cutscenes.

t: Solid Snake making a speech about how to not be a pawn after being made into one

>Level design
>boss fights
I agree with these, because they are gameplay related.

>procure on site, unlocking special equipment through hidden challenges
But I don't understand how this is a positive element.
It's just a feature, and unlocking things with secrets has been in countless videogames.

No, it's just the retarded MGS fanbase wants nothing but shitty, cringeworthy movies with retarded dialogue.
You don't know how glad I am those games, and MGS as a whole, is dead.
Cancerous franchise that has done nothing but pave the way for pieces of shit like Uncharted or neo-Tomb Raider to exist.

Take a look at Metal Gear Riding. Though obviously not a part of the MGS series, at least canon-wise, the story very much does alter gameplay.

I never understood why people act like you have to speedrun every mission for S-rank. I took my time with every mission and got an S-rank on nearly all of them in my first run. You can blitz missions to get S-ranks, true, but the perfect stealth/no alarms/no reflex/no kills bonuses will easily compensate for the extra time it takes to sneak in. It's just up to how you wanna do it.

>unlocking things with secrets has been in countless video games
It's a plus, when the alternative your given is buying equipment and having to wait in game time as it develops and then having to pay every time you use said equipment.
The only thing MGSV rewards you with are emblems and blueprints that you have to develop (see above). Whoopty fuckin' doo.

Because I thought it was awesome and I didn't play any of the previous games.

>The only thing MGSV rewards you with are emblems and blueprints that you have to develop (see above). Whoopty fuckin' doo.
So, previous MGS games were good because you unlocked things, but MGSV is not good because you unlock things?

>Wait, the story of those games affects the gameplay?
>How then?
It actually does. Kek no even that same user but anyone that played other mgs games knows that story progression affected gameplay mechanics and objectives beyond simple storytelling. at least try to pretend you know what you're talking about mgsvbabie
>the industry
>mgsv marketing relied on story and cutscenes rather than gameplay
brain dead.

No. You don't unlock things. You unlock the ability to unlock things.

Funny, because MGSV has like 5 hours of official gameplay videos.
You can't do that in previous MGS games because there's nothing but advancing through a corridor, there's nothing to show.

No. Remember Kojimas words, MGSV is like a TV series :^) MGSVbabbies don't often like to be reminded of that.
Or they do. They defend everything anyway. perfect 12/10 game amirite?

>Actually playing previous MGS games instead of just going straight to 5
Kek.

The gameplay is not so much better than MGS4 and 3.

>Wait, the story of those games affects the gameplay? How then?
The End

And fortunately, story takes a second place to leave way to gameplay.
Last thing I want is to endure more cringeworthy MGS story.

Kojima is a genius.

How does storytelling affect him?
You have various chances to kill him, but that's it.

Funny because trailers were what people only cared about and what made hype for the game and if you were here, on in fact on the internet at the time, you would know this.

You're either trolling or just stubbornly forcing your narrative because you're the kind of faggot that the more he gets contradicted the more he forces his retarded opinion.

maybe the whole point is that humanity>science?

>MGSV has like 5 hours of official gameplay videos.
It has?

kek anyone cared about those?
>implying the hype wasnt all about trailers
> :^)

>Funny because trailers were what people only cared about
So?

The important part is that MGSV it's a videogame and not a movie.
Just because a few idiots wanted yet another movie is not relevant to that.
That's all of what MGSV's story was, as you said. Marketing.

Wait two weeks and he'll drag your ass back to the last base.
Wait a year and he'll die of old age.

>what made MGS games popular and what made MGS1 unique was never the gameplay.

confirmed for never playing MGS1

Why are you replying to someone that clearly doesn't even know what you're talking about?
see
Absolutely kys.

I'm just having fun at this point.

>kek anyone cared about those?

youtube.com/watch?v=gtgNUFSoHv8

Considering the E3 2015 gameplay has more views than the two E3 2015 trailer views (from the Japanese and American Konami accounts) combined, yes I think people cared.

Your complaints are misguided, the actual issue you're having is microtransactions and the resulting metagaming ruining immersion.

The writing is about the same as any other Metal Gear in terms of quality and moral dynamics and philosophy exploration. The big difference is open world which i thought was okay.

the only shit thing about metal gear V to complain about is the unfinished story and microtrasactions, all of which are results of konami's jewery and not creative design flaws.

How about, for once, you post an argument?

>400k views in total vs 2.2 million
lmao, movie-watches btfo

>one of the best soldiers
>literally a trash pick up that you'd replace with an S as soon as you got it

>S-s-s-s-so?
kek

Just finding funny how you talk about the gameplay videos when the point of the original post was cutscene trailers and dumb music as marketing medium.
Don't talk about shit like gameplay videos as if it's an argument and then dismiss it when you need to backpaddle.

>as you said
Look at timestamps. Not same user.

So basically he's a loser with no redeemable qualities of his own who only wants to be like his action movie hero

See Lot of solid complaints here.

People cared about the trailers, that doesn't affect anything, look at how MGSV ended up being.
Even Kojima has moved on from making movie-wannabe's, he just wanted to ensure the sales from the stale MGS fanbase.

Gameplay is what matters in a videogame, Kojima realized that, maybe it's time you do too.

> Game being unfinished is always publishers fault
When can we stop this meme? If five years and the third highest Japanese game budget of all time isn't enough for Kojima, some blame falls to his studios' poor management/planning. It's the same shit as Obsidian trying to make New Vegas twice as large in half the time compared to FO3. The games aren't made with open finances and timetables.

>Kojima realized that
So why is the game so bad?

kek

oh user stop it. unless you're new here you and I perfectly know Cred Forums got its pants wet with each new trailer with that cringy music and cutscenes. stop forcing your narrative. mgsv gameplay is basic, you see it once and that's it.

>faggots are now trying to imply mgsv marketing didn't relied heavily on trailers with cutscenes and faggotry music
>faggots are now trying to imply mgsv drones didn't go ape shit with each NUCLEAR and alike trailers

>So why is the game so bad?
Who thinks that?
The stale MGS fanbase that wants movies, that's who.

>razor hedgehog
>no one has posted OW THE EDGE

>Old MGS games have overall poor gameplay
No

Asking questions in defence-mode is not an argument faggot. Look at your posts.
Or is it?

>you and I perfectly know Cred Forums got its pants wet with each new trailer with that cringy music and cutscenes

I don't think I ever said that people didn't want that.
What I'm saying is that a videogame depends on it's gameplay, that's all.
Just because there's a bunch of people who unironically wanted yet another movie that doesn't mean it's right.

>faggots are now trying to imply mgsv marketing didn't relied heavily on trailers with cutscenes and faggotry music
>faggots are now trying to imply mgsv drones didn't go ape shit with each NUCLEAR and alike trailers

It did, to ensure the sales from the ones who wanted movies.
Fortunately, MGSV wasn't a movie.

Not even arguing with you. I share your opinion regarding gameplay in V.

Stop being defensive. I'm truly just making fun on your contradictions and almost-tantrum.

I wanted a good re-playable game with a ridiculous story, just like the previous games.
I got a tedious boring game with shit story.

MGS1 did. It was crude as a stealth game and seriously lacked content, having pure stealth gameplay for like an hour or two, with the rest (of the 6-7 hours of gameplay) made up of backtrackking, unique encounters and bosses.

As opposed to
>lol kill yourself

How about you offer an argument?
How is The End an example of story affecting gameplay?
You can kill him earlier, but that's it, that's not story related, it's just a neat easter egg.

V would be a good game with better level design.

Unfortunately as it stands it's irredeemable garbage with gameplay on par of that to something trashy like Spec Ops The Line.

It's such a far cry from its own demo its sickening. GZ is probably the best MGS level to date, but TPP is just a disappointment of massive scales.

Speedrunning the old MGS games will always be more of a pleasure than playing TPP.

>I wanted a good re-playable game with a ridiculous story, just like the previous games.
You got that.

You didn't get that with previous MGS games though.
You got a linear game with awful gameplay and a terrible, terrible story that didn't have the decency of simply staying out of your way, and had to deliver one after another poorly written codec calls about things that are completely unrelated to the story itself, or simply poorly written cutscenes with cringeworthy dialogue.

>GZ is probably the best MGS level to date
And this is why Cred Forumseddit opinions will never be relevant, and rightfully so.

Okay. I'll give it to you. You got me.
I've never been baited so hard.

Nah still too grindy. 4 hours in they make it painfully obvious this is a score hunting/crafting game, if you're not in to that level of repetition, the game is an absolute dud. Missions blend in to each other and start feeling fillery and samey a mere 4 hours in.

>You got that.

Maybe if I was a drooling retard who was entertained by a lack of challenge in an uninspired open world trashcan that looks like ass and is easy enough for aforementioned braindead invalids to complete.

TPP fucking sucks, bud.

because it has great gameplay mechanics. screw story, i dont care for that

>no counterargument
>"P-PLEASE LOVE TPP"

GZ was just a good infiltration level. They should have made multiple levels like that.

Yeah, you've been baited with an opinion that's in line with what Kojima, the creator of all those games you love, thinks now.

Maybe you are simply fighting the entire world, and you should just give up.
The industry moved on, Kojima moved on, if you are not going to move on, at least move out of the way, and maybe try reading books.
You'll find in no time something much better than whatever Kojima could ever come up with in his entire life.

>Hating on Ground Zeroes

Yeah fair enough. It's fine to hate on Ground Zeroes because it was released as a stand alone game for full retail price.

If you envision it as a precursor to TPP (which it is, since iirc most MGS5 TPP had download codes for GZ) its the most interesting sneaking mission.

Why

Why

WHY

Was this a fucking tape and not a cutscene? Could have easily been the most pivotal twist in the game and it tugs on the heart strings...but instead we're left to listen to a tape assuming that the world's most careful man somehow missed a series of tape recorders, or, alternatively, released the tapes to Ocelot for some reason

V gameplay gets stale really fast....

like all sandbox games there's a stupid repetitive quality to it that probably only appeals to underage faggots and autists.

>GZ was just a good infiltration level
It was a simple military base.
Nothing that really stands out, really.

>its the most interesting sneaking mission.
How?
It's a simple military base, you have two POVs to rescue and take to the heli.
That's all.

It's another mission in TPP, just taking place in a closed base instead of an open area.

Because there was no place to put that cutscene.

>but instead we're left to listen to a tape assuming that the world's most careful man somehow missed a series of tape recorders, or, alternatively, released the tapes to Ocelot for some reason
If you really think Venom canonically got a hold of those tapes, then I understand why Kojima dropped subtlety out the window with MGSV.

Now don't make it too obvious. You were doing good.

Fortunately, all you can do is scream and shout in this echo chamber, and your opinions will never affect anything outside.
Cry about your movies more, they are not coming back.

>the creator of all those games you love, thinks now.
>liking a game implies liking its creator
stop projecting your fanboism

>How

More dense guard population, more limited equipment sets. I don't know how they thought the lame shit they gave us in TPP was suitable after releasing GZ.

GZ was a pleasure to sneak in, TPP it's impossible to get caught

But it's true, no one thinks like that anymore, the only one still interested in making movies is David Cage, and nobody cares about what that hack does.

I agree.

I've maintained since last year that TPP should have been a number of Camp Omega style levels that focus on reusing the levels themselves for different structures missions. This would have honed in on the main issues if TPP - the level design is spotty as fuck. It's obvious GZ was designed for numerous missions and structures, but it seems like most camps in TPP are designed for simple infiltration missions as opposed to any other methods.

>Cry about your movies more, they are not coming back
Never played a MGS game before.

Maybe you're the one that needs to stop crying about your favourite game

>HUAAA STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE

It's the people who dare to dream and are given free reign over their own budgets that are more likely to produce games that are actual GOTY quality and genre-breaking. That also makes for a shit ton of failling idiots who need things like kickstarter, but I have no doubt that even if kojima mismanaged funding konami's jewery was more likely the cause of the unfinished content. they make fucking pachinko machines dude. they gut IP's for money.

it makes sense from their perspecive that they can't just give a blank check to a game designer in 2016, but implementing microtransactions as a backup plan is not the way forward.

we'll see what happens now that he's with sony exclusively

>More dense guard population, more limited equipment sets.
That's all?
That's what separates, in your opinion, the best MGS game from the ''lame shit'' that TPP was?

>GZ was a pleasure to sneak in, TPP it's impossible to get caught
Not at all, it's the same game but happening in a closed military base instead of an opened one.

how about you provide an argument for a change?

>Maybe you're the one that needs to stop crying about your favourite game
Why?
What I wanted has prevailed.
Movie videogames are dead, MGS is dead and gameplay focus is on the rise.
Everything that could go right, is going right.

That's fine, not him but Kojima should have stopped making MGS games after 1 instead of being a mad little butch that people only liked him for MGS.

Yeah, I'd trade 3 for not having had to get suckered by the abominations that are 4 and V. What a hack.

It's the truth.
GZ is TPP with even less content, and according to you, what separates good and bad is having less weapons, and more guards.

I assume installing Infinite Heaven would transform MGSV into GOTY for you?

>Because there was no place to put that cutscene.
The ending mission could have opened with the scene, then switching to the repeat of the opening. But it didnt.
>canonically
Then why have it as tapes in the first place? The idea of the tapes is that they exist in the games universe, for Venom to listen to. That just raises more BS questions. Most of the problems of the narrative in this game would have been solved by making certain tapes cutscenes. Just because the player is privy to details on Zero via a cutscene, it doesn't mean that Venom gets those details. But by having the tapes as they exist, it dulls the impact because Venom doesn't react.

>best gameplay meme

kys

Level design is important, they could have made the original Mario games a flat surface with no obstacles where you just walk to a flag but it'd have been a shitty game like V is.

>Then why have it as tapes in the first place?
To give you that information.

Venom lived the events in the tapes, the tapes themselves are for the player to know that those events happened.

Lol ok, good you got what you wanted.

Yeah glad movies that pretend to be games are dead but it sure wasn't MGSV that did that. don't try to pick a fight here autist.
>Why?
because you're the one making a wissy fit that I disliked your game. don't cry

>Level design is important
Good thing the open world was designed with the missions in place.
Don't know why there's a freeroam option though.

No. Fuck no.
You were doing great so far.

A good troll knows what to reply and when to reply. When you force your trolling argument on a completely irrelevant post with a completely different subject matter it becomes obvious. Jesus fuck. Fucking moron.

Venom didnt "live" the events on the tapes given after the ending, especially the ones chronically Zero and Skull Face. If these were cutscenes, fine. But these tapes exist to fill Venom in on information that, largely, he doesn't react to or shouldnt canonically have, as you said. Like imagine if the Big Boss reveal at the end was just a tape of Ocelot talking to Big Boss about Venom. We don't get the scene, we don't see the motor cycle, we don't see Big Boss bailing. How is this okay but the Zero scenes, arguably AS pivotal, are relegated to filler tapes?

>Solid Snake
>defeated multiple teams of elite, superhuman mercenaries
>defeated the most advanced Metal Gear
>Raiden
>defeated multiple teams of elite, superhuman mercenaries
>defeated like 20 Metal Gear Rays at once
>became a cyborg that can stop a giant ass ship with one hand
>Venom Snake
>can barely handle some stupid parasite soldiers
>can barely handle a shitty, broken Metal Gear
>defeated by a green Solid Snake
Yeah, those are some "superior results" alright. Fucking idiot.

The open world sucks and the whole of Africa is butt ugly, even Far Cry 2 looks better. It's like they didn't try.

Every facility you sneak in is lame with as low a guard population as possible for the low IQ mouth breathers it's made for.

Venom also gets outplayed by a 12 year old, giving him a superweapon, pretty pathetic

Not at all, i'm just trying to make people understand that movie videogames are dead and have no place in this industry for a very good reason.

>can barely handle some stupid parasite soldiers
How?
He easily got rid of them.

>can barely handle a shitty, broken Metal Gear
How?
He beat it twice.

>defeated by a green Solid Snake
While he was a 60 year old.

On top of that, Venom didn't get any special training, he did all that by willpower alone.

>even Far Cry 2 looks better
This is false though.

>Every facility you sneak in is lame with as low a guard population as possible for the low IQ mouth breathers it's made for.
So, your entire argument relies on saying that this sucks and namecalling those people who like it?

I think it's you who didn't even try.

>defeated the most advanced Metal Gear
Didn't know Solid Snake beat Sahelanthropus.
He beat one RAY, by using an overclocked Metal Gear REX, while Raiden handled 20 RAYs at the same time with just a rocket launcher.

this guy is clearly a fanboy that will cry if you say anything bad about mgsVEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenom but you're retarded if you think Far Cry 2 looks better.

your other point is right.

>Sahelanthropus.
>most advanced Metal Gear
next time play mgsv

>even Far Cry 2 looks better
Well, this is confirmed to be a fight between two fat virgins, one desperate to defend MGSV, and the other one desperate to shit on it.

>While he was a 60 year old.
So? He's been a solider for decades. It's not like he was having an MMA match with Snake. Physical fitness isn't the end all be all in this kind of fight. When Solid was physically decrepit, he was wrecking the most advanced unit of mercenaries that ever graced the battlefield.
>Venom didn't get any special training
He was in fucking Diamond Dogs, you stupid idiot. He's not some dipshit that Big Boss pulled off the street. Plus, the hypnosis essentially acted as training.

You're a moron if you think Venom Snake's accomplishments, or lack thereof, are in anyway comparable to any of the other Snakes'.

>This is false though.

It really isn't, your screenshot is of a small studio apartment sized area in the beginning that they used for promo shots, the rest of Africa, 99% of it, is copy pasted trash flavored garbage.

>So? He's been a solider for decades
So?
You think your body doesn't start degrading at some point?

>He was in fucking Diamond Dogs, you stupid idiot.
You mean MSF, and even then, does that mean MSF was made of 300 Big Bosses?
He was just a random soldier.

>is copy pasted trash flavored garbage.
Try a bit harder and you might force a few more insults with the power of anger alone.

Sahelanthropussy didn't even work, you imbecile. It was literally a big fucking puppet being manipulated by Psycho Mantis. Maybe next time you should pay attention.
>He beat one RAY
I was obviously referring to him beating Rex, cocksucker. And I'm not debating Raiden vs. Solid, so I have no idea why you're bringing that up, especially when I said it myself in the post you're quoting.

>Sahelanthropussy didn't even work, you imbecile.
It was the most advanced Metal Gear being controlled by the most overpowered character of the entire franchise.

>I was obviously referring to him beating Rex
How is REX the most advanced Metal Gear?
Sahelanthropus does what REX can, and much more.

No need to be angry that I pointed out that they didn't even put any effort into stringing their Africa terrain together and it shows with how terrible it looks.

The hilarious thing about the Far Cry 2 comparison is that even PS3 Far Cry 2 looks better than PC MGSV in Africa.

>just a random soldier
The fact that he was in MSF means he was more than just a "random soldier". He's an elite soldier and had probably been receiving advanced combat training for decades.

And obviously he wasn't on the same level as Big Boss, that's kind of the point I'm making. Do you even know what you're trying to argue at this point? You took umbrage with my casting him as a failed imitation of Big Boss, yet now you seem to be conceding that he didn't possess the same level of skill that Big Boss did.

>uses a bullshot
Of course, of course.

>clone kills the brainwashed medic in the next mission
>Whoops!

Screen is from 360 FC2.

>How is REX the most advanced Metal Gear?
Because Kojima has literally stated that it is.

REX is a nigh impenetrable mobile platform that can launch silent nukes virtually anywhere.

Sahelanthropussy is a fragile, unstable piece of shit that was only being manipulated by a powerful psychic.
>Sahelanthropus does what REX can, and much more.
Except, you know. Actually work. It's a fucking failed prototype that can be taken down with rockets, whereas REX is virtually invincible.

Whatever you say, Ubisoft.

Didn't MSF take almost anyone that got fulton'd? That's not exactly a rigorous selection process.

The medic already make it his life mission to kill Skull Face, of course it will work. Don't you know that willpower trumps genetics in Metal Gear verse?

>gets mad that a 10 year old game looks better than his precious turd with half-assed terrain and a copy pasted second half
>disparages a shitty company to defend a man who sells unfinished products and 40 dollar demos

Yeah, of course it is, that's why the full image has a link to the game's page.

Does he look like some Central American fringe element to you?

Considering you are only using bullshots, I don't think there's anything to get mad about.
Even you know you are wrong.

Not even the PC version maxed out can look like that.

Open world and Stealth just don't go together because it just means every problem can be solved by shooting the doofuses in the head with a silenced sniper before they realize what's going on.

Holy shit, it's true, he actually cut the pic to avoid showing the link.

What, no. The tapes exist in-story. Big Boss is just a complete dick in that he gave Venom the Truth tape while Solid Snake is already intruding. Venom is pissed off ("yeah, I'm Big Boss") for good reason.

Farcry 2 is much better at depicting Africa. You're using areas on the very edge of the map that purposefully go off into barren wasteland to tell the player not to go there.
But of course you know this.
As you are a shitposter.

>Venom is pissed off
What?
He's not even pissed off, he gladly takes the mantle of Big Boss, and he never recieved those tapes, those are for the player to listen.
You really think someone recorded all those conversation with Zero?

It's funny that even the worst screenshots you can find are better than the Africa in MGSV.

Notice how in your screenshot the foliage actually reacts to lighting and in MGSV how it doesn't. Pretty shitty. Some of the ugliest foliage in video games today, tbqhwyrn.

Don't know why you are so hellbent to defend what is objectively atrocious.

>You really think someone recorded all those conversation with Zero?

That's exactly how the game presents it to you so yes.

>It's funny that even the worst screenshots you can find are better than the Africa in MGSV.
Not at all.

>Don't know why you are so hellbent to defend what is objectively atrocious.
You are the one literally using bullshots to try to prove your point.
Is obvious you are desperate.

>That's exactly how the game presents it to you so yes.
And this is why Kojima dumbed down his stories more and more.
These are the kind of people playing MGS.
You don't even understand that.
That's why the game outright tells you ''LOOK AT THIS SCENE, LOOK, YOU ARE THE MEDIC'' because you retarded idiots don't get anything unless it's shoved straight into your face.
Hell, how long did it take people to understand what MGS2 was about?
A fucking decade?

>uses the most famous example of bullshotting in the entire industry to make a point
That's not very effective user.

The delusion goes strong.
Run out of FC2 bullshots yet?

The game has 30 minutes of a native American explaining the science behind biological nanomachines. If Kojima wanted me to think more deeply about things he wouldn't have wrote a story that was so shit.

It's a little bit better than Liquid Ocelot

He didn't want you to because you gave up on it.
You need everything to be explained and rubbed in your face for hours to get something.
MGSV's story was written thinking of people like you, to make you understand at the first try.
Happy?

Adam recorded it.

And then he sent them to Venom?
While in Motherbase?
Even though it's shown that Venom only realized the truth in Outer Heaven?

>Is obvious you are desperate.

Desperate about what? MGSV looks so bad it has to be compared to a game that came out 8 years ago.

Have you seen what games look like in 2015/16? Certainly better than anything Kojima produced.

The ugly billboard foliage in V reminds me of pic related.

>Have you seen what games look like in 2015/16?
Sadly.

What's to understand? Kojima wrote a bullshit nonsensical story nobody wanted in order to fit in Joosten and the dumb character he performed mental gymnastics over to justify putting her in a bikini. He should have just put her as she was and said fuck off if you dont like it instead of writing something as dumb as he did.

Also, I have no problem believing that someone secretly recorded Zero. In MGSV he demonstrates his stupidity by accepting a package delivered to a location that no one should have known about from an agent he doesn't trust. An agent whose whole plan hinged on Zero being a butter fingers and pricking himself with the pin.

The stupidest spy games I have ever seen.

There's nothing to understand.
He wrote a story with no depth to pander to people like you who need everything shoved in their faces.

> Kojima wrote a bullshit nonsensical story nobody wanted in order to fit in Joosten and the dumb character he performed mental gymnastics over to justify putting her in a bikini. He should have just put her as she was and said fuck off if you dont like it instead of writing something as dumb as he did.
The fuck is this about.

Notice how the foliage actually reacts to shadows. Kojima should take notes because his """forests""" look like shit.

>Notice how the foliage actually reacts to shadows
How is the foliage in pic related not reaction to the shadows?

There's no such thing as smart videogames.

Also it was delivered to a hospital with the absolute BEST medical personnel that Zero could afford. Which means he had the BEST. And not one of them opened the package in a secured room and checked the thing for anthrax or biological contaminants or anything.

Am I thinking deeply enough about the story for you user?

I don't know what to tell you, 90% of the time MGSV just looks like pic related.

When I look at that ugly foliage and horrifying worldbuild I feel like I'm playing Vietcong again, except Vietcong was a better game, by far, and has an actual excuse for looking like shit.

So, you used a Far Cry 2 screenshot, you said foliage didn't react to lighting...
Any other lie you may want to add to your post?

It was in Zero's safehouse in NY, not a hospital.

Not to mention that no one had any idea of how parasites are, no one used them before.

There's a clear time leap. It's a somewhat metaphorical scene.

It doesn't make any sense for Venom to understand out he's Big Boss's double that late. He and Big Boss are working together at Outer Heaven. The game makes this clear. Nothing else makes sense.

The only lie here is the one you have to tell yourself to think Kojima actually put any effort into this trash.

The game looks bad and you should feel bad for defending it.

See, I know there are small tiny tidbits of areas that look moderately acceptable but they're totally overshadowed by the majority of the gameworld sucking ass.

I wouldn't even disparage how bad it looks if the game itself weren't worse than its own demo.

>Not to mention that no one had any idea of how parasites are, no one used them before.

But scanning suspect packages for undesirable biological weapons would be mandatory when looking after Zero. And Zero wouldn't be so stupid to open what could have very well been a bomb. He didn't trust Skull Face at all at this point, remember, seeing as he'd exiled him to Africa at this point after he put his husbando into a coma.

If you really think the game looks bad, how come you went so far as to tell lies?
Why did you use a Far Cry 2 bullshot?
Why did you say it runs on the X360?
Why did you say foliage didn't react to lighting?

Here's Red Dead Redemption just for comparison.

An aged game with a little bit of effort actually put into it.

>But scanning suspect packages for undesirable biological weapons would be mandatory when looking after Zero
What makes you think they would detect them?

>MMMM MMMMMMMM GIVE ME MORE GONE HOME AND DEPRESSION QUEST
- (You), 2016

Is this actually supposed to look good?

Games cost less to make in Poland because taxes are so low they can pay all their workers much less. 80 million takes you much farther in a country where labor is half priced

Because it's a patriot facility.

And that means they can detect threats they don't know that exist?
It was Skullface the only one who managed to weaponize parasites.

is actually supposed to look good?

because it looks like trash bud.

It does.

Then maybe Kojima should have spent less time making a trash open world that looks like Cruisin USA billboard foliage anyway.

They still would have had mandatory procedures in place to inspect and sterilize any and all foreign objects before Zero comes into contact with them. He's an old frail man. It's a stupid and pointless plot development. Hack writing.

lol this guy is so fucking mad

I like how 100% of all your screenshots are in the same exact area that was used in the promotional footage since they didn't bother to actually build anything past it.

It's like you are completely aware that everything beyond this small area looks like trash, and compared to the bullshots Kojima was releasing forever it still does look really bad.

>Hack writing.
Designed for the MGS fanbase.
I mean, people here unironically praise MGS1, 2 and 3.
It's obvious no one here knows what good writing is actually like.

Are there any video games you consider well-written?

As opposed to the bullshot of Far Cry 2 you used?
Or your claim that foliage didn't interact with lighting?

>get told
>"y-you're mad"

Frankly I'm more upset at how bad the game is than how terrible it looks.

Raiden was a child soldier that later just played VR vidya until he was as good as Big Boss or Snake.

No.
But there's a reason why that happens.
Writing is always at it's best in books, then in movies, and last, in videogames.
Writing is almost never the central point of videogames, which is why good writers avoid this industry, while the hacks see it as an opportunity to get an easy job since the writing standards in gaming are very low.

>Raidens thighs

Well if the trees weren't all billboard images like out of a 90's arcade racing game then the foliage would react better.

Yeah if you stand right in the face of a tree it gets shadows but everything in the distance reacts not at all.

Then we have the grass ...

you the guy that believes in a fuckin kart-racin conspiracy lmfao

lmfao lolololo

MGSV = The war on terror
Ground Zeroes = September 11th attacks
Skull face = Osama bin Laden
Chasing after SF in Afghanistan = US 2001 invasion of Afghanistan
The PMC problem in Africa MSF inadvertently created 10 years prior = The PMC problem in Africa created by the Gulf War 10 years prior to 2001
Death of Skull Face = death of Osama Bin Laden

The game calls out the war in Afghanistan as nothing more than revenge for 9/11. 9/11 was Skull Face taking revenge on what he saw as disgusting imperialism (muddled metaphore since MSF/Outer Heaven = Big Boss becoming what he hated, America). The death of Skull Face is as empty as was the death of Osama Bin Laden. The game/war continues meaninglessly after his death, only to see more lives lost to the legacy of that war (quarantine outbreak)

>some people are actually defending mgsv and its story itt

But you said foliage didn't react with lighting.
And then you backed off.
Must be a reason for that.
Maybe the fact that you are a liar?

At least you stopped embarassing yourself with those Far Cry 2 bullshots tbqh.

kek it really is you isnt it? i can smell your shit from a mile away

Not even him, i'm just calling out you for using ''lmfao'', Redditor.

The inside man, Huey = George W. Bush. He gets away with his war crimes.

Venom is cute. CUTE!
I wanna cuddle with him

>But you said foliage didn't react with lighting.

And provided multiple instances where it doesn't in countless screenshots.

>And then you backed off.

Nope, I provided context for your feeble fanboy mind to comprehend.

>Must be a reason for that.

Your perception is altered given your bias toward sucking Kojimas dick no matter how bad his game is.

>Maybe the fact that you are a liar?

Only person lying here is you, to yourself.

Notice how none of the foliage has shading and none of them cast shadows beyond 5 feet.

Especially evident on the tree on the left which is not even 10 feet away.

im a Cred Forums veteran (here for 2 years) and i still dont know how the fuck reddit works

>mgsv literally looks worse than new vegas

lel

even after having been spat on with a 40 dollar demo people still defend this hack

that's miller, retard

>And provided multiple instances where it doesn't in countless screenshots.
And I proved you wrong.

>Nope, I provided context for your feeble fanboy mind to comprehend.
No, you kept changing goalposts because you hoped i'd forget about that.

>Your perception is altered given your bias toward sucking Kojimas dick no matter how bad his game is.
As opposed to your perception being altered by your hatred towards him, where you went as far as comparing bullshots to ingame shots?

>Only person lying here is you, to yourself.
Says the one who used bullshots of Far Cry 2, and went as far as to hide the link to the game website that's included in that bullshot.

>even after having been spat on with a 40 dollar demo people still defend this hack
There's a lot of things Kojima has done wrong with MGSV, but that was actually Konami's fault, just like microtransactions.

>people still defend this hack

Kojima aspires to be like Bethesda, he knows his retarded fanbase will buy it and defend it no matter what little effort he puts into it so he doesnt even try.

For all the shit Ubisoft gets their games tend to be the top of the market in terms of graphics. But talk about Kojima's downgrades or outright developer laziness and the fanboy defense force comes out in force.

don't you have something better to do than get angry at graphics on a mongolian image board, user?

Holy shit, these 3 posts are by the same guy.
lol you are so fucking mad

>For all the shit Ubisoft gets their games tend to be the top of the market in terms of graphics
I agree.

Ubisoft doesn't create anything but kino.

>For all the shit Ubisoft gets their games tend to be the top of the market in terms of graphics.
Going all out here

>It's a strange conversation. There really isn't a satisfying answer for any of it.

I think that's the point.

AC Unity, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, and The Division, none of whom being games I'd purchase, all look better than MGSV by far.

This isn't even up for debate.

Kojima also downgraded his game so they are on a level playing field there, too.

The only thing you look at is Snake's ass model anyway so its not like you care how shitty the rest of the game looks.

Btw stop samefagging, pretty pathetic.

I agree, Watch Dogs is pure kino as well.

>Kojima also downgraded his game so they are on a level playing field there, too.
They are?
You are comparing AC Unity and The Division, next-gen only games, with an inter-gen one, the only valid options there are Watch Dogs and FC4, and booth look awful even maxed out on PC.

Well unlike MGSV it has some degree of effort in it.

I refuse to buy cancerous products like either of these games but at least Ubisoft has some level of standard for what they release, which is more than Kojima can say.

I agree, it's obvious the amount of effort Ubisoft put into Watch Dogs.

>goes back to using bullshots like Far Cry 2's
So fucking mad lmao

While having more on screen to render than MGSV there is a higher attention to detail even in little things like the grass. Just about everything short of 3 character models looks better in Watch Dogs.

Those 3 models being Snake, Ocelot, and Quiet, which are super high poly to mask how low budget indie survival game the rest of the world looks.

It's too bad too, because Kojima at one point was actually known for pushing the boundaries. Now he just resorts to ripping off retarded fanboys like you.

>a game looks better than MGSV so it must be a bullshot

Was the New Vegas screenshot a bullshot too in your feeble retard mind?

>that cardboard cutout foliage
>on pavement
I'm pretty sure this guy is just being ironic.

But that's a bullshot.
The fact that you are even trying to pass it as gameplay is sad.

>calling foliage cardboard cutout while defending MGSV

there are few games of the last 5 years id say look worse than MGSV's foliage.

The New Vegas one doesn't count because we all know how vanilla NV looks like.

>guns are id locked
>nobody in the entire world knows how to make one from scratch

Hate to break it to you, they are all taken in game.

Are you implying that looks good?

No, what I mean is that this is a bullshot.

Also, what you just posted looks really, really bad.

Default NV doesn't look anything like that, and yeah, it's sad that some basement monkey doing it for free can make a shitty gamebryo game look better than the entire team at KojiPro working on an 80 mil budget.

Pathetic, really.

>it's sad that some basement monkey doing it for free can make a shitty gamebryo game look better than the entire team at KojiPro
Anyone with enough knowledge to change the settings of it can use SweetFX and a ENB mod to make any game look better than it's default.

Is this guy seriously implying that Watch Dogs has good graphics?

>a mod using all the free power of the PC with no restrictions can make a game look better than another one designed to run on a machine with 256MB of RAM

Who would have thought.

>to make any game look better than it's default.

Yeah and they took the equivalent of Leisure Suit Larry and made it look like sterling gold in comparison to the dog shit that is pic related.

international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-texture-quality-interactive-comparison-1-extra-high-vs-low.html

There isn't even room for improvement its just so bad.

What mindboggles me is how anybody can deny that Africa is butt-ugly in MGSV when all you need to do if looking at it isn't convincing enough(then you're in denial) is google "MGSV ugly Africa" and see the thousands of discussions of confused gamers wondering what the fuck happened.

that change of tone happened on a dime

yes, one of the least respectable devs in the industry makes better games than KojiPro.

and Cred Forums defends Kojima for whatever reason.

It's actually very pretty tbqh.

Neither does MGSV's. It just has more redundant gadgets and worse level design than 4.

>makes better games
But they don't.
Ubisoft has made the worst videogames of the last 10 years.
Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, AC Unity, all legitimately bad videogames that rightfully get shat on.

I don't get why you guys act like she's so cute, the only thing she has going is that she's thin. Even then, it's too thin, she barely has tits, ass, and hips that signify healthy fertility.

So, you are using modded games, and bullshots to try to shit on MGSV?

The Afghanistan part isn't what I'm denigrating.

Africa is just filled with reused assets and is empty and barren. Afghanistan was obviously developed with more intention since its hardly even open world, you are essentially set on a corridor of cliffs with nowhere to go but forward and everything is created with intention.

The entire point is that half the game is missing, and that includes any sort of the same standard of level of detail as the first half.

Africa is just shit.

>Raiden was a product of the same VR, and look how he turned out
Better than all of them?

>The Afghanistan part isn't what I'm denigrating.
Because it looks pretty?

>The entire point is that half the game is missing
Source?

i bet you pirated the game anyway you retarded graphicsfag go kill yourself

no ass, no tits, no thighs, no hips.

"interesting" face, not conventionally attractive but theres something very pleasing about it, very nice calves, which i hadnt noticed before.

5/10 - average

>africa is just shit

There you go, they recreated it accurately.

fucking kys

I definitely did. I don't support developers that sell 40 dollar demos, sorry.

Pure cancer.

Glad I did, too, since Kojima doesn't even have the god damn decency to finish his game before he sells it.

>Because it looks pretty?

It's alright, not that special post downgrade.

>Source?

Well, the fact that it looks rushed and awful and that upon completion generally everybody commented on how its unfinished.

Half of the game is literally replaying the first half, both in content and in assets the game is just unfinished and they thought that was a good idea to sell.

So, basically yes, it means Afghanistan doesn't count.

>Half of the game is literally replaying the first half
Despite the fact that those optional missions are only 15 out of the 50 there are?

> the fact that it looks rushed and awful and that upon completion generally everybody commented on how its unfinished.
How is that a source?

Actually, the whole point of things is that it's the mind that makes the man (i.e. the memes), not the genetic code.

Think about it. What made Big Boss so special? Nothing. The Boss trained him, that's all. He wasn't related to the Boss - He wasn't literally her son - and his background was nothing spectacular. I don't recall anyone talking about his father and mother.

Raiden's an example of a failure, because he didn't really inherit the ideals of the Boss. He was just trained and given the name 'Snake', which was missing the point entirely.

It's nurture that makes the super-soldier, not nature.

>So, basically yes, it means Afghanistan doesn't count.

If I made you a burrito and filled half of it with dog food even if the first half was the best burrito you ever tasted it doesn't change the fact that I sold you dog food and called it a whole burrito.

If you follow the discussion back it was always about how rushed and unpolished Africa is.

>If you follow the discussion back it was always about how rushed and unpolished Africa is.
Until you started comparing entire different, whole games, and even bullshots of those unrelated games, and judging the entire game based on Africa.
But the good part doesn't count?
Despite going as far as using bullshots of games completely unrelated to try (and fail) to make a point?

Even at its best MGSV is a mediocre game that doesn't surpass it's own 40 dollar demo and is graphically middling by today's standards.

>Even at its best MGSV is a mediocre game that doesn't surpass it's own 40 dollar demo
How come?

>is graphically middling by today's standards.
Because today's standards are no longer limited by the PS360.

How do you explain the three clone kids, then?

Goalpost moved and ignored the entire post.
Let the thread die lads, it's over.

Metal Gear Series has been going down hill since it first started.

Every sequel was worse than the prior game.

How can it be Konami's fault if their primary responsibility is funding the game not designing it?

Kojima has a habit of releasing games Over Budget and Behind Schedule.

Kojima is so popular that he knows he can force companies to fund his projects just by going to the media directly with huge promises and then forcing financial support for his big ideas.

Unless someone shows me proof that Konami CUT the funding to MGSV then it isn't Konamis fault that MGSV went over budget. People keep saying Konami cut content. But that content was never finished, it was in the drawing board, meaning its perfectly possible Kojima went over the original budget.

TL;DR Kojima shouldn't promise a 100 million dollar game on a 30 million dollar budget and then complain than they cut 70% of the game off

>How come?

Better level design. GZ is just flat out a better stealth game for the entirety of 15 minutes than all of TPP.

>Because today's standards are no longer limited by the PS360.

Well they weren't at the time of TPP's release, either, which is Kojima's fuck-up when making a game for newgen.

nah

>Better level design.
How come?
It's just a military base with no specific direction.
There's nothing interesting to find, nor to explore.

>Well they weren't at the time of TPP's release
What? How?
TPP is an inter-gen game, and all of them on next-gen are just 1080p versions of the old-gen version.

Raiden is a scenetic copy then?

Sooooooo, when dose The Boss and the Cobra Unit's game coming out? I want to CQC some nazis.

Also, why didn't they ever try cloning The Boss?
The Boss seems to be the better choice after all.

Pretty sure you're the one who moved the goalpost when responding to a post that explicitly stated,
>Africa looks like amateurish dogshit that I've seen surpassed by independent unpaid basement devs

And you respond
>Well at least Kojima worked on the Afghanistan part

ok

>it answered a lot of questions concerning MG1 and MG2
Like what? The only question I can think of is that it answers how Big Boss survived MG1. HOWEVER, that wasn't really necessary to answer and most people just handwaved it because villains faking their deaths for a sequel is nothing new or plotholey, and later things in the series show that it's not that big of a deal (see: Solidus surviving Big Shell). What's more, the introduction of Venom and everything about MGSV in order to resolve Big Boss' death in MG1 creates a bigger problem with Volgin. Namely, there's the dissonance with the idea that Volgin could somehow survive everything that happened to him at the end of MGS3, but that Big Boss could not survive the end of MG1 on his own.

Well, to be fair, you don't really have an argument so much as an opinion...

Dude, it's just a video game, who cares

And your replies to those posts went from Far Cry 2 bullshots, to Watch Dogs bullshots, to how AC Unity looked better than all of MGSV.

You have taken a detour throughout the entire planet just for that.
You can take AC Unity and The Division, PS4 and XONE games, into this, but you can't take Afghanistan into it?
When you are comparing, and judging, the entire game based on it?

Because I think even you forgot about Africa when talking about how Kojima sucks, how there's no attention to detail and etc etc.

>How come?

Higher guard density, there's probably 4x the amount of guards patrolling in that little base than any given area of TPP.

That and the fact its in an enclosed space forces you to work with the environment you get.

In TPP you can just skirt along the outer rim away from the entire 5 man post and just run straight to whatever the objective is

>What? How?

MGSV just came out last year.

PS4 had been out 2 years previous MGSV's release. No top shelf AAA games released in the window of MGSV's release were inter-gen, because everyone knew that was stupid.

Thus it made MGSV a graphically unimpressive game that suffered downgrades which Kojima didn't really care about since he knew his fans would defend it like they do.

>Africa looks like amateurish dogshit that I've seen surpassed by independent unpaid basement devs

>but some parts look good

>WELL LOOK AT THIS FAR CRY 2 BULLSHOT
>IT TOTALLY RUNS ON THE 360
>NOW LOOK AT THIS WATCH DOGS BULLSHOT
>AC UNITY, THE DIVISION, ETC LOOK BETTER
>ALSO LOOK AT THIS MODDED GAME, IT LOOKS BETTER

But yeah, you totally stayed on topic, autismo.

>Every screenshot that looks better than MGSV ever is a bullshot

Literally what you're saying.

>Because I think even you forgot about Africa

Nope, I posted enough screenshots of Africa to show that it is some pretty sad stuff.

>Higher guard density
Is that it?
Then install Infinite Heaven, it'll make MGSV GOTY for you.

>That and the fact its in an enclosed space
You mean like all MGSV missions?
Because I remember that you had limits in those that if you traspassed, it triggered a mission failure.

>No top shelf AAA games released in the window of MGSV's release were inter-gen, because everyone knew that was stupid.
And who's to blame of MGSV having a PS360 version that late?
Kojima, or Konami?

Ocelot being the good guy and Kaz being an ass isn't canon

>"best gameplay"
>regenerating health
>retarded guards only capable of wildly spraying their peashooters at you
>non-existent level design
>no bosses
>no enemy variety
>awful base-building mechanic
>weapons/items are researched rather than obtained
>objective based progression rather than exploration based progression
The game is fucking awful and the story is the least of its problems. If you're a quasi-literate 12 year old (i.e. you) that enjoys mindlessly blowing things up in an empty, lifeless sandbox, then I can see why you might view this turd as having "the best gameplay to date".

You're already eating shit, so I'll just tell you to die.

You need to calm down, you're getting a bit angry.

Yes, the entire 5% of the game that KojiPro actually put effort into looks mediocre rather than a flat out pile of trash.

Doesn't change the fact the game mostly looks like and is shit or that Kojima sold you an unfinished downgraded streamlined product.

>Literally what you're saying.
No, these two are bullshots, this is a fact.

In fact, you went so far as to hide the link to the game that one bullshot had, you literally cropped the image.

>Nope, I posted enough screenshots of Africa to show that it is some pretty sad stuff.
As did I post some that look really good.
On top of that, Afghanistan looks really good too.

>you can find different songs in the game
>Diamond Dogs isn't one of them
Literally what were they thinking? I'm more mad about 99 Luftballons not being in, but still

I just got in here and read your entire conversation.
You went THAT far, and you've been in this thread for two hours, because some parts of Africa look bad.
You went from Far Cry 2 promotional shots, to Watch Dogs promotional shots, to AC Unity and The Division (next-gen exclusives) and of course, through modded games with ENB.

The only one angry here is you, what you just did in this thread is work of pure anger.

The story was the worst part. I just wanted to play as big boss and fuck up the world. Instead I was just some random msf soldier being the good guy while saying cringeworthy lines like "I'm already a demon"

Big Boss never fucked up the world.

>I just wanted to play as big boss and fuck up the world.
Exactly, you want simple, Call of Duty stories where a guy suddenly kills kids, shouts ''NOOOOOOO'' and starts being evil for the sake of being evil.

>this is a fact.

Proof?

>Afghanistan looks really good too.

It looks entirely mediocre because it's a PS3 game. Please stop kidding yourself, the game really doesn't look any better than any other PS3 games.

You have proof of one of them, since it literally has a link to the game's page.

Not to mention that you simply can't make the game look like that.
You can't head into the game, take a screenshot, and make it look exactly like that.

The fun part of all this is that NOW, not 30 minutes ago, not 2 hours ago, but NOW, you ask for proof on those being bullshots.
Before you had no problem, you just ignored it.
NOW is when you ask for proof.

Venom and Kaz suddenly having qualms about killing child soldiers was pretty unbelievable though.

>Watch Dogs promotional shots

Proof its a promotional shot?

How come?
Were they child murderers before?

>since it literally has a link to the game's page.

How does that prove its a bullshot?

>You can't head into the game, take a screenshot, and make it look exactly like that.

There are an abundance of other screens that show that Far Cry 2 does in fact look better than MGSV

>NOW is when you ask for proof.

You haven't had any proof.

No, but they're professional soldiers and the kids were trying to kill Venom. It's not like he wouldn't shoot them to protect himself

You had to literally crop the proof of one of the pics to post it.
You know very well they are bullshots, and you went out of your way to hide it.

>How does that prove its a bullshot?
Promotional shots often include some tag, either a link to the page, or the company's name.

>There are an abundance of other screens that show that Far Cry 2 does in fact look better than MGSV
Show me right now an ingame screenshot or video that looks like that bullshot.
Of course, you can't.

>You haven't had any proof.
Because we all know they are.
You are now asking for proof because you just run out of arguments after running around the entire gaming industry trying to find games that look better, posting bullshots and modded games.

can you point me to the part in call of duty where they kill kids, sell drugs, women get raped and suicide bombers are featured?

Because that is what I came into the game expecting. I wanted this game to be rated 17+. Ground Zeros sold me the idea that what came next would be No Holds Barred.

I expected:

Big Boss to be declared an Enemy of the United States (Because of Zero)
Skull Face to be a Joker Like villain that fucked with everyone Big Boss cared about.
The Soviet Union to want revenge for the killing of their agent, so they send Volgin like enemies after Big Boss.
Mujahadin that border on the likes of terrorists like Osama Bin ladin using child soldiers and sending suicide bombings after the Soviets.

Soviets being burned alive, soviets raping women afghanis, opium growing farms, drug addicts, decapitations EVERYTHING you'd expect venturing into afghanistan/africa

>How does that prove its a bullshot?
Why would anyone post the link to the game's official website in a screenshot?

>There are an abundance of other screens that show that Far Cry 2 does in fact look better than MGSV
How come you didn't post any?

So... you still have no proof that Watch Dogs shot isn't a genuine in-game screenshot?

How far in denial are you? It doesn't even matter what WD looks like, MGSV flat out looks like trash.

>can you point me to the part in call of duty where they kill kids, sell drugs, women get raped and suicide bombers are featured?
No you don't get me, what i'm saying is that such a generic, predictable and boring story is worthy of being a Cowadooty game.

>Soviets being burned alive, soviets raping women afghanis, opium growing farms, drug addicts, decapitations EVERYTHING you'd expect venturing into afghanistan/africa
I recommend Shadow the Hedgehog, you'd love it.

> It doesn't even matter what WD looks like
See?
This is another proof that you know very well I am right, the fact that you threw in a sentence as an easy getaway.

On top of that, the fact that up until now, you didn't ask any of that.
Right now, you shifted your entire argument into ''show me proof'' and you have nothing else.

You just went back to that because you know very well you run out of arguments.

Probably waiting for this thread to die in a perfect moment in hopes of having the last word, right?

My only response is the most cringeworthy line in the game

youtu.be/IjVO4gj7gT0?t=988

Venom didn't do a single evil thing the whole game. A more appropriate title would be Care Bear Snake

>Venom didn't do a single evil thing the whole game.
That's the point.
Venom is an idealized Big Boss.
Everything he does is what he thinks Big Boss, the legendary hero, would do.

Then why does the game go out of its way several times to make it seem like Venom is some type of monster?

I felt the like the game was trying hard to make Venom actually live up to the hype of being corrupted while at the same time your the good guys.

Like with all the torture scenes and Kaz wanting revenge.

Because thats how he sees himself.
The demon form, the one with blood and a horn, that's something that only he sees.
Despite having no choice in things like the Quarantine Platform, he thinks what he did was evil, he blames it all on himself.

Hell, the entire Paz subplot, all the halucination, is a product of him blaming himself for Paz's death.
The entire halucination is what he hoped would happen, and a product of, as I said, blaming himself for it.

>OH LOOK VENOM, YOU ACTUALLY FOUND THE SECOND BOMB, SHE'S HERE, WELL AND ALIVE, AND THE AGENT OF CIPHER IS NOW NOTHING BUT AN INNOCENT, HAPPY ANGEL THAT ONLY WANTS TO STUDY PEACE

>My only response is the most cringeworthy line in the game
That line has more to do with survivor's guilt than actually being """"evil"""".

>doesn't post proof that an in game screenshot is a marketing shot
>"i'm just right because i say so k dont ask"

Pretty sad, Kojidrones are so booty blasted angry they deny reality outright in order to defend their unfinished turd.

See?
You patiently waited until the last second, good job.