Nintendo mini NES a sellout on amazon UK

videogamer.com/news/nintendos_mini_nes_a_sell-out_at_amazon_but_stock_expected_in_time_for_xmas.html

It's almost as if Nintendo under-produces everything now because they are terrified that it might sell like the Wii U.

>castlevania 2 simon's quest
Why

Get yourself a Raspberry Pi and Recalbox. A little more expensive, but more fun and more emulators.

This is just neo nerd shit, isn't it? Something for normies to show off to their friends to be quirky, cool and retro.

I fucking hate this videogame shit.

Its a good game outside of the shitty boss fights and cryptic "puzzles".

Us 90s kids amirite?

>now
They've been under-producing since forever, the only time they didn't was with the Wii U and we all know how that went.

How long until there's a SNES one and what games will it have on it?

stop being so fucking pretentious, there are people who like to have physical consoles still and since an original nes is so hard to get this is a good compromise

Cool

>90's

Spotted the underage

Of fuck off and get real, it's a nice little collector piece and that's about it. Nobody gives a fuck about a bunch of mostly terrible NES ROMs.

>I hate this video game shit
Yes you do. Maybe it's time you find another board.

>Nobody gives a fuck about a bunch of mostly terrible NES ROMs.
The NES Mini is sold out of pre-orders everywhere. That punches a gaping hole in your "nobody cares about terrible NES ROMs" argument.

Good drones

Does anybody actually care about the games though? Really? You can play every single one of them right now for literally nothing, so why aren't you? People are buying it because it's a little piece of nostalgia and retro gaming packaged up in a pint sized NES.

Most of the games on this thing are pure dogshit.

I'll wait for the super, thanks. There are only a handful of games I would be cool with revisiting in a limited capacity. Mario 1-3, Zelda, Kirby, Little Nemo, Metroid, and Yoshis cookie. I would rather just emulate in pc than spend money on that gimmick.

>having a 4 inch controller cord

The only good game on there is Balloon Fighter

>You can play every single one of them right now for literally nothing
I know this is hard to believe since we're on Cred Forums, but most people don't actually know or have much of an interest in emulators. You'd be surprised how many people are completely ignorant or just don't want to put in the effort. Just because most of know a more effective way of accomplishing the same goal doesn't mean everyone on the planet does.

>Most of the games on this thing are pure dogshit.
I think most of the games are pretty safe choices. Obviously if you're an enthusiast you're going to want to dig deeper into the library, but for nostalgic 80's dads I'm sure it's fine.

>having a 4inch controller cord for wii controller ports, and not the original NES ones

Even the SEGA and the Atari plug and play got that right. Nintendo are such a jews.

This. It's amiibo all over again. No one that is buying cares about the actual content, they just want it for what it physically is.

>Does anybody actually care about the games though?
You show a fundamental lack of understanding of how the video game market works. The console is just a box you buy to get to the games.

People are buying the NES Mini because it contains the vast majority of games most people want for the NES and is an official product with official controllers. The kids who started gaming with the NES are in their 30s now with families of their own, and the NES Mini is an incredibly compact way to share the games they loved as children with their own children without needing to hook up an NES or clean cartridges, and the $60 price point makes the thing an incredible value.

I would buy this if it had Dragon Warrior and Faxanadu.

Let's put it this way instead: If someone tried to sell you 30 NES ROMs for $60, without the actual machine itself, would you still buy them? The answer is no, because you don't care about the games, you care about the mini NES sitting nicely on a shelf somewhere destined to collect dust for the rest of its life.

You know I'm right.

I know you're about to get heavily mocked, but you made me laugh, user. Thanks.

What's the point when you can't even put the original carts inside?

I wouldn't, but most people probably would.
That is exactly what the Virtual Console, Playstation classics, etc. does. Even on this board I see posts about how "Nintendo should put x game on the Virtual Console". There's an interest because it's the legal way to play old games, and that's exactly what the NES mini does.

It looks like you've pierced the veil to see directly into my soul. You should use your newfound powers to fight crime.

You're vastly underestimating the NES Mini here. It's highly likely you weren't alive during the NES era, because the NES mania was akin to Minecraft mania or Wii mania.

The NES was Nintendo's most successful console until the Wii, and the Wii was successful because it copied the NES blueprint.

The fuck are you talking about? Aside from the shitty buttons Wii had nothing to do with the NES

Why put a ring pop on your finger?

Compact family oriented budget console

Got some good taste, my friend.

If it a'int 8-bit, NOA doesn't care about it.

You can save $20 by buying a Fire TV stick and loading RetroArch, and you'll still have Kodi and free live TV to use as well. This is a piece of junk.

bump

Found the pleb

People are buying it cause it'll look cute in their living room. Its 60$ so it won't break the bank and once every 6 months or so they might play Mario on it.

The NES was still relevant in the 90's with the last game coming out in 1994. 22 years ago.

>mostly terrible NES ROMs.

Mooooooods

>No Lost Levels
Well that's dumb.

JUST

It's so easy to scam modern gamers that it's irrationally odd. Literally selling roms in a box that looks like an NES when they could just run a program on any PC and do it.

>people should stop having fun!
Get over yourself

I'm gonna def. Get the controller.

Also
>comes packaged with an HDMI cable

The HDMI cable on the Wii U is one of the best cables I've ever used.

you sound like the perfect neogaf stereotype. come on, go on and show us your nintendoomed theory, and provide all the proof required.

Hopefully this will lead to a mini SNES

>nintendrones so desperate that theyhype and buy 30 year old hardware and games for 60 bucks

Fucked in the ass again eh guys?

>It's another "ur just a pleb who wants this to show off" episode

I own a fucking NES but i dont want the trouble of spending minutes just to clean the cartridge or if the cartridge doesnt work at all

>ou can play every single one of them right now for literally nothing, so why aren't you?
I defy you to get an emulator running on your living TV in less than 2 hours. You will almost certainly fail or give up. It is guaranteed that you will not repeat the process.

I mostly play NES roms on my PSP these days. I have a few actual NES consoles & a fairly large collection, but dealing with the old console & catridges is more of a hassle then I'm usually willing to deal with these days. I'll probably pick up a NES Mini at some point. It's adorable. I'll probably put a leash on it & take it for walks around the neighborhood.

List 30 popular games that normal people would actually want on a mini SNES. Keep in mind that SuperFX games are off the table due to the legal gray area that is that chip's ownership.

HD cable to PC takes a few seconds to plug in. Yay emulator on TV. Also my PSP Go accomplishes the same goal via the component cable.

I'm only getting one if I can toss a ROM pack into it.

>I defy you to get an emulator running on your living TV in less than 2 hours. You will almost certainly fail or give up. It is guaranteed that you will not repeat the process.

Sure if you were a poorfag

>make 10
>sell all 10

JUST CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS MASSIVE DEMAND!!!!!111

Don't kid yourself by thinking Nintendo is popular at all in the UK. If it does't play Fifa and Call of Duty, it may as well not exist.

My local GAME doesn't even have any shelf space for Wii U games anymore, they replaced it with PS4 accessories

>physical emulator with the bare minimum

People will defend this.

I have the entire library of all the retro consoles, and all the rom hacks, with a nes/snes wireless controllers.

I only paid for the controllers. ($70 Canadian in total, for both.)

I paid for this stuff years ago, I'm not going to buy it again, just to appeal to hipsters.

I will say that snes is amazing, though.

inb4 50hz versions for PAL regions - or have they stopped doing that?

I know this isn't vidya related and I am not trying to be mean, I have British friends, but, is depression a big problem over there?

I mean, all that dreary weather has to effect you negatively?

I am pretty close to a British girl and she constantly tells me that she wants to move to Canada With me.

Bring that pale ass on over, Holly!

>A fucking leaf
Of course.

>they replaced it with PS4 accessories
>PS4 has more accessories now than good games
What happened?

It's the weather man, a lack of sun and therefore vitamin D makes us shitty depressed assholes

>Nobody gives a fuck about a bunch of mostly terrible NES ROM
>whole thread is how it has sold out

Thinking things through isn't your strong point is it, user? Like having a good taste in games.

I figure the inbreeding plas a large role as well.

Yeah maybe 500 years ago

>tfw invested in nintendo pre pokemon go
man, I don't care how little this all matters, because the public doesn't get it.

I don't mind that. But i hate how the game slows down because "HURR DURR NIGHT TIME FAGGOT!"

>Nintendo cashing in on nostalgia again

Sasuga

im sure their will be a way but i don't think the flash will have enough storage and you might need some chip equipment

>legal
>illegal
I'll just keep pirating games too, although if someone wants something official they can get it

Do the games come with virtual manuals or do they just stick roms and ship it?

They have different visual styles and save states

Does that answet my question? What the fuck

I bet they will be sold out in the US too. FUCK. I want one BADLY.

If miyamoto and Reggie for no reason at all showed up at your door and said you could have one of the very first nx systems ever before it's even been revealed, with a copy of breath of the wild. But to earn it you have to get buttfucked and creampied by Reggie live on stage at e3 next year.

>PS4 has more accessories now than Wii U has games
FTFY

>amazon uk
wow its fucking nothing

If something as absurd as that were to happen, I would have no choice but to go along with it. All energy flows according to the great magnet.

A