What Fallout 4 did right

What Fallout 4 did right

>ambience
This was the first fallout game where I honestly felt that the background noises and music was better than the radio stations. And that is not because the stations were horrible. They were pretty decent imo.

>gunplay
Best in the series. Bar none.

>Factions
Ignoring the minutemen, who I did not hate btw, I feel like the factions, at least lore wise, were well made and interesting.
Post your positive opinions on the game user. We all know FO4 was dogshit compared to FO3 and NV but I think some praise is due and I'm hoping Bethesda can learn from their mistakes. I feel like there was some makings of a real gem hidden in this mediocre game.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7515/?
fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Difficulty Modes
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_mode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>allow mods

So that actually competent people can fix their fucking trainwreck of a game.

there were
but they decided to bank on its massive hype instead and decided to release it last November when there was obviously room for improvement
what the absolute hell

Except the mods for this game are shit right now.

It's kinda bizzare that nobody really points this out, but it VASTLY improved the whole level scaling system which was the BIGGEST flaw of all Bethesda RPG's since Oblivion.

Just goes to show, once again, how little people understand and pay attention to the games and their design itself...

Just to clarify, you are referring to how the game doesn't scale the enemies to you 100%, right? The farther you go, the more difficult it gets?

Because I love thay shit. Makes me actually appreciate leveling my character.

Too bad they ruined the SPECIAL and perk system, although I do not think it is as bad as many people act like it is.

>background noises and music
that's what happens when Jeremy Soule isn't ruining another game

really makes you think huh...

kill yourself

Yes. The fact that there are level scale floors and level scale cellings, fixed level enemies etc... That is such a major improvement over the previous two games it's not even funny. Enemy placement and design actually makes at least some sense this time around.

>Too bad they ruined the SPECIAL and perk system,
If we were here to name everything that they ruined, we would be here for a long ass time. Fallout 4 is not a good game in my book. But it is pretty fucking fascinating that one of the most demanded, fundamental changes to the formula, the thing most hated the most and that has some of the greatest impacts on the flow of the game goes completely and utterly unnoticed. Because people are fucking retards, I guess.

Case in point:

>the thing most hated the most and that has some of the greatest impacts on the flow of the game goes completely and utterly unnoticed.
of what use is one cooked ingredient when the rest of the dish was fucking raw

I liked new vegas better. The quests in this game bar a few all feel so boring. Skyrim and Fallout have this feeling the game is fun and interesting for about 5 to 10 hours and then you are just doing map completion/finish the game.

It becomes kind of boring and the same.

Not really relative to the thread but I do agree.

I really hope Bethesda lets obsidian make a pseudo New Vegas sequel with the fo4 engine.

>of what use is one cooked ingredient when the rest of the dish was fucking raw
Well, for starters it's a key design feature that may actually dictate the future of the games in the series and genre.
I'm not saying this justifies the clusterfuck that was Fallout 4. But I'm saying that it's a design landmark for Bethesda anyway, and something WELL WORTH paying attention to when speaking about the game.

Boston's a pretty chill city, probably my favorite city next to my own

Boston was nice and Diamond city was interesting to say the least.

Too bad the inner city ran like shit unless you had a 3k computer and there was a cluster fuckton of navigational points.

Always loved the constant dog fights though, when walking through there.

Whilst I actually quite liked the factions, they should have made the point of no return far earlier in the game.

I mean, you can even kill everyone/nobody with no repurcussions, they just don't fucking care, even the people you're attacking. What a fucking mess

Things fallout 4 did right:
Jet slowdown
Weapon customization
Good open world shooting
Cait*
Level restricted ammo, waiting to about level 25 to use the minigun again was horrific, or any low level heavy guns character(this has been axed with the contraptions DLC and semi-early access to an ammo crafting factory)

Things it did wrong:
voiced protag
lack of dialog options
MUH SHAAAAAAWN
>start nuka world with a level 75 character
>bring heat, chems, 2k .45 rounds, an auto combat rifle and enough stims/water/food to last a lifetime
>run the gauntlet
>jesus christ jet to get past this shit
>fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck OVERTIME AND PSYCHOBUFFJETATS
>get to the end before the boss battle
>this squirtgun would of made a lovely gift for shaun...
>fuck
>you
base building - I mean this had its moments, but in the end I basically used starlight for water, adhesive and food every playthrough with barebones slapped shit together stuff
a few things in survival mode - no quicksave, no fast travel does not a good open world game make
made modding a pain in the ass and had to resort to manually activating everything or using NMM, this is the birth of all paid mods only folks, cant even use the CK without making an account now
Cait post quest hurrdurr stop taking chems ya jerk
After like 2 hours with a new game you just kinda became a collector of fans, mugs and aliuminimmn (sorry im american) cans.
Perk trees, they became manageable after my first character but retuning the entire system fucked my shit up and got me using third party sites to help build a character
Even on a high end PC, downtown Boston had fps slowdown issues and it got worse as you explored more areas

Oh I forgot two big things to add:

Did right: The Glowing Sea
>first time I dunno wtf this place was
>felt this sense of wonder and danger
>all I had was a double barrel and a 10mm pistol because I just kept going south
>holy fuck shit im stuck with like 20 10mm rounds left inside some facility filled with nukes
>no stims
>no radx/away
>kept going
>survive somehow
>get back to sanctuary with shit tons of meat, glowing fungus and that brain mold stuff, raider armor, a suit of t51, plus salvage
Did wrong: Never expanded on the glowing sea
>why

Couldn't agree more. I didn't appreciate this mechanic when I first played New Vegas but I sure as hell do now

Never even played nuka world. Always quit the game before I get there.

This reminds me.
>power armor

I might be in the minority here but FO4 did power armor right. It actually felt powerful without being too broken. I loved it.

I actually like the voiced protagonist. I honestly thought both male and female VAs did a great job. I would've liked to have different voice options to choose from for each sex (like Saints Row) but the two we got were well done. That's not to say that the actual dialog options were good, but the actors recording them were talented.

I like the character creator. It's pretty far from perfect and I've definitely played other games with better ones, but it's still a breath of fresh air compared to the absolutely horrific sameface potato factory featured in FO3 and NV.

Weapon customization is also good, although the legendary item system is stupid. The power armor system in FO4 is fucking phenomenal, aside from the dumb retcon with the fusion cores (though I understand that they did it for balancing the absurdly strong PA)

We need more power armor games.

Couldn't agree more, although I feel like the female va was vastly superior to her male counterpart. Both were talented though.

Oh man, you should mod the way power armor works. I modded mine and now it really feels like power armor more than it did before.

>bullets only damage your armor and not you
>any ballistics/explosions/melee damage will all go directly to your power armor only
>once a piece has broken and your arm or leg are exposed you will start taking damage if that limb is hit

trust a namefag to make a food analogy

Link nigga

power armor is cool and all but, it takes no effort getting one and upgrading it. hell, you get one for free 2 hours into the game.

>felt powerful without being too broken. I loved it.

nigga, i was a god in this game 12 hours in. the only thing that scard me were deathclaws.

i did like the gun play more. new vegas feels a bit stift at times (especially if your using energy weapons)

Turn your difficulty up then.

It was not too common but super mutants and gunners could regularly fuck your shit up with explosives if you are not careful. Even with power armor.

>What Fallout 4 did right
Cover system
That's about it
Wrong: everything else

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7515/?

Does a good job of making power armor more power armor-y

sims mode was fun, it just a shame the npc ai is so braindead and once you actually fortify a town nothing attacks ever again.

>Turn your difficulty up then.

and turn everything into a bullet spongs? fuck that. bethasda cant into higher difficulty.

How many settlements you got? My current playthrough, at least on settlement is under attack constantly. Quite annoying desu. Although, I finally started using the artillery mechanic from the minutemen.

Holy shit, why did I ignore this so long? And I can shoot that shit from anywhere, because I have so many settlements.

voice>text.

voices just ruins the dialog performance and make it all feel half assed. the voices themselves were not bad.

>Weapon customization is also good

not really. once you have most materials, you end up getting the best upgrade in everything. i rather have unique weapons back.

>That better explosives mod

Where has this been my entire fo4 life?

Also, why the hell did Bethesda remove the grenade mechanic from VATS?

GOD TIER:
>Egret Tours Marina

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER:
>The rest

Character design/graphics.

This has to be the first time i've found something in Gamebryo worth looking at.

>clear out a base of raiders.
>go back there hours later to pick up trash i felt behind.
>the enemies have all respawnd

at that moment, i said fuck it and used console commands so i dont have to salvages shit again.

Oh shit I didn't even see that, downloading now.

Fallout 4 can be really enjoyable once you mod it. Other than that I wouldn't even bat an eye at it

Agreed, i had the most fun building up that place

Is that the one with the batshit grandma who thinks she is a synth?

>tfw ive literally never had a settlement of mine attacked

>This was the first fallout game where I honestly felt that the background noises and music was better than the radio stations
Then you never played 1 or 2, because those games had fucking spectacular ambient soundtracks. Far better than 4's.

>Factions
Not as good ass New Vegas. In some ways, even shallower than Fallout 2's.

I like the new skill system. The old "Special" system meant you were locked out of certain perks, which wasn't very fun unless you planned your character before creating him.

all the new system needs is maybe a level cap and more variety of perks to prevent you from becoming a mary sue god at everything by the end of the game

>those games had fucking spectacular ambient soundtracks.
the absolute worst thing about fallout 4 is they didn't use classic tracks like 3 and nv did, absolutely criminal given that those tracks oozed with atmosphere

yes

i built up a really nice and cozy house on top of her place which was a bombed out piece of shit

new walls, ceilings, floors, rooftop access. it was chill as fuck. the part to my area was hidden behind a moving brick wall. it was so nice just sitting around there with the nice lighting while rain pours down.

Agreed. The system itself is good, but a lot of the individual perks are either shitty, worthless or absolutely essential. There needs to be more fun, rule-bending perks like in NV.

>>Factions
They were fucking atrocious compared to NV. Their uniforms didn't do anything. You could walk into the Railroad HQ in a BOS uniform and they wouldn't bat an eye.

Not to mention none of them seemed to even function on a basic level outside of your interaction. In typical Bethesda fashion, the player wasn't just another agent/soldier, they were a messianic figure.

>Weapon customization is also good
Compared to NV weapon modding it was utter horseshit.

Most weapons had a best mod in each slot to equip, very little modularity.

Not to mention pipe weapons are useless the minute you step out of the cryo tube and find a 10mm pistol.

>which wasn't very fun unless you planned your character before creating him.

good thing they let you see all the perks on character creation so you can do exactly that.

>gunplay
>Best in the series. Bar none.
It's the same exact fucking shit as in F4/NV but with leaning and the worst weapon variety in the whole series.

If I want to shoot shit I stil would prefer to play NV. Or a proper fucking FPS. F4 has the problem of being both a shitty RPG and shitty FPS, it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

>Ignoring the minutemen, who I did not hate btw, I feel like the factions, at least lore wise, were well made and interesting.

BoS are literally Space Marines who hate technology and want to destroy probably the most technologically advanced facility on the whole planet.

The Railroad is fighting for the rights of sentient machines (and some dumbfucks actually believe non-sentient ones should have rights too) in a world where people die and are subjected to slavery/cruel experiments on a daily basis. Talk about fucking priorities.

The Institute are evil scientists for the sake of being evil scientists and nothing more. Ttheir experiments are needlessly cruel for literally no reason whatsoever.

Theo lny thing I kinda liked about the whole game was Power Armor, that's it. The battery mechanics was fucking dumb but the way the armor worked was cool.

>That is such a major improvement over the previous two games it's not even funny.
Try going north from Goodsprings next time.

The biggest problem with the weapon customisation is its obvious that Bethesda was expecting mods to expand the fuck out of it by adding more parts and shit and make full use of it
But instead most mods are just real life guns where the most you can to is add tacticool shit like maybe a silencer and thats it
Same case with the armour system as well Fallout 4 has the MOST armour slots in a Bethesda game in a long, long time and Modders are just completely ignoring them in favour of making full body outfits for their waifus and shit

Nevermind I just reread your post and you specified Bethesda.

>Modders are just completely ignoring them in favour of making full body outfits for their waifus and shit
Because pretty much no one except for waifufags is interested in this game anymore. Not even normies/casuals.

i really would love to see the design meeting when this shit got approved

>I feel like the factions, at least lore wise, were well made and interesting.

>F4 BoS
>lore wise, were well made and interesting

I like that they made power armor more modifiable, more "weighty," more vehicle-like.
I like that the perk system meant that I didn't have to waste an perk explicitly on, say, not setting off floor-based traps (everything else about the level system I hated though, including the fact that it exists).
I like how modifiable the weapons are.
F4 is a great game to fuck around in, unfortunately, it's not a very good Fallout, imo.

Easter eggs

The Cheers bar in particular

It looks like an improvised armor made out of a toilet.

>Jet slowdown
That was in NV as turbo and the Implant GRX perk.

>Hey boss, I finished the rough draft of the armor design
>Excellent! Ship it out!
>Don't you want to see it?
>Why would I want to? Ship that now!

the difference is in new vagas the laughably shit tier designed map means that you will be taking the same routs over and over and over and over again and with the type of scaling you will see the same shit every single time, you cant have a death claw or a pack of bandits or an actual interesting surprise encounter, just the same road with the same geckoes/deathclaws/whatever over and over and over again. NV is supurion in almost every way but it has less than 0 replay value and the balanced scaling and massively better sand box design fixes that problem. i found it incredibly hard to complete a full playthrough and the story alone is nowhere near well written enough to be interesting no matter how many ways it can go

>ambience

fuck no dude - it really wasnt.
the radio stations *were* awful - i mean the only bearable songs were the ones from FO3 and the rest were pretty shit
>gunplay
well, I guess - if only the AI wasn't retarded and every enemy a bullet sponge, level design absolutely awful - i mean seriously fuck those goddamn factories - they had the potential to fuck around with light and make the sneaking system actually good - but no
seriously the area design for most missions is absolute shit
>Factions
>minutemen a shit
true
>BoS returning to it's roots of gathering technology - sort of
I mean what the fuck was the point of destroying the institute. The whole idea behind BoS is to take away technology away from pleb hands and then preserve it and put it to good use. Using tech for creating artificial humans is bad, yes, but imagine how one could use it to create new limbs and other replacement parts. Invaluable to soldiers. Just imagine that one lady who constantly has to wear power armor.

So BoS a shit in that regard too.
>the Institute
Yeah, could have been good, sure. But it really wasn't.
Side-note though, it's interesting to think that the MC from FO4 shares some DNA with Harkness from FO3. So that's a thing.

>there was some makings of a real gem hidden in this mediocre game

If it wasn't for the shitty AI, shitty dialogue system, shitty MC, shitty writing, shitty companions, absolutely horrible fucking story and plot-twist, awful over-world, hub-city (one. one hub city) and the disgustingly bad side quests, the horrible way *you* had to manage *every settlement* by hand.

Seriously, FO4 is FO3 if FO3 had nothing good in it and it had mods. At least the Capital Wasteland was a little interesting to explore, it being the capital and all.

But yeah, fuck you Todd Howard. I kept believing that "no matter how shit the game is, it's gonna be good because you can mod it".

How fucking wrong I was.

i mean, it looks like improvised heavy armour that still allows some mobility

>although the legendary item system is stupid.
>New Vegas
>legendary deathclaw
>FUCK
>THIS
>I"M OUTTA HERE
>4
>legendary deathclaw
>fuck now i gotta reload the gun during combat

>and turn everything into a bullet spongs?
Among the things survival mode does right is make everything more fragile, you and enemies both.
But yeah, every difficulty below that is just "so how spongy you want these guys."

>good things about FO4

Err, I guess the first three hours when you didn't know about the game that much were great. The route to Diamond City was ok-ishly paced. The way you find Danse and the BoS is great.
>ghouls actually fucking everywhere
>running low on stimpaks
>new radio station discovered
>hurrdurr get to police station
>"fuck me i should really just go to Diamond City to resupply - im so fucking close - but what if its a timed thing and I go there and they dead or something?"
>decide to go anyways
>have a blast and get introduced to the commonwealth chapter of the BoS and hear about their situation in DC
>"oh thats cool im somehow in the Brotherhood now I guess. well thats cool."

I think that moment was the pinnacle of the game for me. The uncertainty of the situation.
After that, bullet sponge faggot enemies everywhere.

>Gunplay
>Best in the series
>After removing ammo variety
Still, modding your gun is cool, and feels way better to do than New Vegas's HOPE THE MERCHANT HAS THAT PIECE YOU NEED shenanigans since you build your own parts. And I do approve of how variety it made; being able to switch firing modes and relevant perks just by swapping parts was neat, I guess.

But what that resulted in was everyone being born with a pipe gun in their hand, and me seeing 95% of all weapon types before I even found that nigger in the basement of the bunker. Putting that level of customization in weapons meant that they couldn't even dream to match the variety of firearms New Vegas had.

I can't even put into words the disappointment I felt when I realized that the modded Assault Rifle in my hands was going to be what carries me to the end of the game and I hadn't even settled on a faction at that point. The only upgrade that I could see myself going to was the Plasma Rifle and the game wasn't a fan of dropping ammo for that.

I did like how some areas had a forced level ceiling in some areas, though. I do understand that the game has to do something to maintain relevancy in combat (I'm not going to get into how Bethesda does 'higher difficulties') but it was good to play a Bethesda game, walk into an early game dungeon, and not immediately eat a faceful of missiles and plasma shot from unnamed yet invincible enemies. It was nice to not worry about every cocksucker in Boston suddenly finding a suits of power armor in trashcans just because I hit a certain level threshold, especially when some perk points were most definitely going to utilities like hacking and there were only so many (useful) combat perks to pick.

Skyrim had the problem of "Oh, so you've been leveling up speech, alchemy and alteration? Here is some death lords because you most definitely spent those perk points on combat perks, right?" which FO4 side steps by putting level caps and floors on certain regions.

The level scaling "Fix" is terrible imo. The game sends you on so many radiant quests etc so you WILL revisit a ton of places. For example when a radiant quests sends me to an area with 10 hp bandits who literally can't hurt me if they tried and will die in 1 hit to their foot with a pipe rifle that's not exactly engaging or challenging in the slightest even on survival.

The gunplay and crafting are the only things I think were an overall, major improvement.

Power Armor is incredibly cool now, but they give it away like candy. Imagine finding that suit at the National Guard Armory and actually needing it. That would have been fucking awesome.

But for the two or three steps forward, they lept backwards.

>perks are boring % increases now, taking them from one of the most fascinating and satisfying ways to build a crpg character to the same old boring MMO bullshit.

I'm seriously salty about this, the leveling sucks ass now and Fallout previously had my all time favorite system, 3 included. When I heard perks had tiers I thought they'd knock it out of the park. Like this perk? Imagine level 2 of this perk, with a related but different effect that's more powerful! But nope. 15% more damage

>voiced protag, filled out backstory and game-length goal completely ruins any and all role playing.
>they don't even try with the dialogue, it's actually, legitimately, yes, yes with attitude, more info and where's my son
>companions are fucking boring and vanilla
>story sucks shit like all their other games
>quests blend into each other, nothing memorable
>NO FUCKING SKILLS
>ending dialogue feels rushed, can't call out Shaun for the blatantly evil things his group has done all over the Commonwealth, blueballing anyone with a brain

It's a solid adventure shooter but as an RPG it has virtually zero role playing capabilities. "Live another life" mods are going to suck ass since I'll still have to whine about my stupid cunt kid to everyone.

>get war of the commonwealth mod
>get comfy going through constant gunfights and wandering

downside is it crashed me like every 5 minutes. think i'd be ok now with a better gpu.

>best gunplay

>no ammo types
>no degradation of weapons
>skills don't affect the guns anymore
>everybody is still a huge bullet sponge

Kys my man

well it was made for robots

actually that doesn't make any goddamn sense

>we can make armor for our mechanical gen-1 synths
>but we can't just design them with thicker plating or armor built-in

did the Institute make removable synth armor just in case a player character happened to be in the area?

Degradation sucked ass. It removed all the oomph of finding a really kickass gun. Why not give out rocket launchers like crazy since we can just make them damaged and fire like twice :^)))))))

Otherwise you're right.

Trust someone lurking behind anonymity to complain about a food analogy even when it fits perfectly.

Good things:

>1st Bethesda game with reasonably OK gfx.
>Perk system was well done
>Voice actors did an OK job
>Actually tolerable story
>Factions
>Shooting mechanics
>Cover system
>Large number of companions
>glowing sea
>power armour management system

Bad things
>atrocious writing
>barely an RPG
>bland as fuck quests and no fun multiple ways to complete them
>dialogue system is completely broken with our choices having zero impact most of the time
>too many fusion cores
>weapons lacking on variety and lack lustre modding system
>bland as fuck map (clear buildings over and over )
>loot system broken

Basically a good game its just not an rpg

>Diamond City radio host is JUST UNBEARABLE
>wtf is this shit!
>there's a quest to boost his confidence and make him not suck
>oh.jpg

I'm ok with this.

I actually enjoyed F4 a lot. I don't give a shit about supposed lore rape because Fallout is mundane so I just enjoyed it for what it is.

No they did power armor right in this game, just wish we had pic related

>Degradation sucked ass
True, but that does not mean that it should be done away with, only considerably toned back.
Mixing degradation with crafting could be nice, having to take care of your favorite gun, looking for components to make a replacement for the specific part that is damaged, teawking components to further improve it, etc.
Of course this is all moot if the guns are just grindloot with pre and suffixes that make you go through models every 15 minutes, because the new one is +0.1 to cocking speed.

>Ignoring the minutemen, who I did not hate btw, I feel like the factions, at least lore wise, were well made and interesting.

Every time I pick up a good gun in FO4 is start spazzing out trying to find out if it's in any good condition and needs repairing.

Then I realize there's no such thing in FO4 and I'm both relieved and disappointed.

>1st Bethesda game with reasonably OK gfx.
Oblivion was far better for its time.

You know, Fallout 4 showed that Bethesda can show some initiative and really make a fun, interesting mechanic.

I doubt we'll ever see it again.

>1st Bethesda game with reasonably OK gfx
oblivion, dishonerd and skyrim looked good. for their time atleast.

>Perk system was well done
not really.

>Large number of companions
most of them were bland and boring

>Actually tolerable story
did we play the same game?

>beta travis>alpha travis

What cover system? And how is the loot system broken?

>dishonored
>Bethesda game
Do you know the difference between "developers" and "publishers"?

What Power Armor needed was for me to be able to equip fucking power fists while wearing them.

If you press against an object/wall/corner in first person and aim, he'll lean outwards to give you a shot. Letting go pulls you back into cover. It's really fluid and satisfying.

LOW
ENERGY

Did you find the amazing world of gumball easter egg in the synth town?

Why the fuck is Bethesda so incompetent when it comes to nuclear fallout? Pic related is Chernobyl 30 years after the meltdown, yet Boston is still partially a scorched Earth wasteland 200 years later. And why is it that nobody in Boston or the DC metro area has ever bothered to build a fucking house? Fallout 1 and 2 have entire cities, but nope, let's live in a dilapidated building with a caved in floor and no roof.

>yet Boston is still partially a scorched Earth wasteland 200 years later
This never bothered me, the Fallout series has always run on 1950's popular conception radiation in addition to real radiation.

Well first of all it's a video game.
Second Chernobyl didn't have a fucking nuke go off.

That being said, most of FO4 looks more like it's post-flood than post-nuclear war.

Ended up playing with god mode on after the first few hours because dealing with packs of enemies was a chore and like hell if I were going to scavenge for scrap to build a city with.

>takes his name off to reply

How insecure can you get lmfao. Dont post with a name if you dont want to be singled out you fucking child.

Dishonored not developed by Bethesda
Skyrim and oblivion looked atrocious

I told about number of companions not their quality I admit they were utter shit

Name a beth game with better story

Tying legendary weapons to bullet sponge difficulty was a terrible idea

>Name a beth game with better story
Morrowind, Daggerfall, Redguard.
Admittedly it's not much but hey.

Wandering into a vastly overleveled area at level 10, having to deal with an ocean of deathclaws and super behemoths as the randomly spawned in legion of Brotherhood fight alongside me, was one of the best recent experiences ive had in vidya.

why is this
what is this

Morrowind and dagherfall had generic stories
Don't know about redguard tho

>what is this
It's flooded terrain with a bunch of bugs on a cement pillar.
>why is this
The bugs are trying to escape the flood.

What is the best way to level up fast in F4? Already trying the idiot servant but it's still too random.

>morrowind
>generic story
I admit the barebones "evil god" plot is cliche but so is the barebones "evil shadow organization" plot. You have to look at the details, and ashlanders, the tribunal, the houses, the imperial cult, and the guilds are far more creatively implemented than the brotherhood, the institute, the railroad, and the minutemen.

*savant

>Level restricted ammo
What
Was there really a level cap on ammo or what? And why would this be good

>It's the same exact fucking shit as in F4/NV but with leaning and the worst weapon variety in the whole series.
>If I want to shoot shit I stil would prefer to play NV.
Is this how far Cred Forums will go to shit on literal Satan developers Bethesda?

I never liked power armor that much before, it felt just goofy and there was always better looking armor around, but whatever else you may say, at least power armor is fucking amazing in fo4, the thing really feels like a proper war machine now.

Of course some people hate the fact that you can get one so early, while others love being able to do power armor playtrough, to each his own I guess.

nothing this game fucking sucks

Modding only picks up in Bethesda games after the last major patches are complete, its just way too much of a fucking waste of time to work on a mod only for Beth to keep yanking the rug out and demand you update it every few weeks.

Expect them to pick up soon once Bethesda is done with the DLC for Fo4.

I disagree a lot with the factions being good in Fallout 4, they were horrendous, the Railway barely did anything, the Brotherhood of steel are once again an example of Bethesda not having any idea how to write for the Brotherhood, the Institute's writing is so idiotically bad its laughable.

The only remotely interesting ones are the Minutemen (who feel like a real Fallout Faction) and I guess the Gunners. Everybody else is pretty much a fucking waste.

No fallout game is going to beat the factions in Fallout New Vegas, its just not going to happen, people will argue about which future is best for New Vegas for the rest of human history, thats how you know the factions were done perfectly in your game.

Only thing good about fallout 4 is that pirate ghoul companion and collecting power armor to display like an old car collection.

>Of course some people hate the fact that you can get one so early, while others love being able to do power armor playtrough, to each his own I guess.
Should have made the PA from the Concorde setpiece break down permanently after the fight, and removed the 5-6 sets scattered around that NW corner of the map. Then it would feel special.

I enjoyed the world, although I wish there were more interesting things in the world. The use of vertical space and the removal of invisible walls (Excluding world boundaries) was a big plus for me. I hated the load shit for New Vegas and FO3 and I'm glad that they all but did away with it when transitioning into the city, even if my FPS takes a massive dip. Maybe next time they'll choose a better engine.

I also appreciate the change to power armor, although I hate the fusion core method. They aught to have had an end-game method of buying a permanent fusion cell for a shit load of money, which justifies why some people can wear it all the time but everyone in the world isn't running around in power armor all day.

Also customization of the character / guns was cool, could have been more extensive on the gun-side, but it works well enough. I'm a bit disappointed it was more or less stat upgrades instead of unique and weird combinations that you could experiment with. It was better with power armor customization, but that's my opinion.

Also the DLC was fine, I didn't pay for any of it but I pirated the shit out of it. Either way, the fact that nearly all of it came with new voice acting / quests made it somewhat worth while.

It's a bad game yeah, but it was announced like 5 months before it was released, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Actually you are deluded and none of these "things done right" have been "done right"

The DLC, Far Harbor especially, use old tracks. Most of the old world government complexes use parts from previous OSTs as well.

I was talking about the plot
Generic evil god is cliche as fuck
Fo4 had an OK plot
200 years element was a nice touch
Your son being the head of the insti was also nice

Don't get me wrong fo4 dosent hold a candle to mprrowind in RPG terms

I really disliked power armour in F4 simply because it felt to clunky and it limited your actions (no crafting ect.). I only used them for Glowing Sea and some bullshit legendary enemys.

>and removed the 5-6 sets scattered around that NW corner of the map.
The one in the armory can stay. That sentinelbot scared the shit outta me.

Early game? Brotherhood radiant quests from the police stations peeps. Radiant quests in general are good for this, but the brotherhood ones are no muss no fuss. Take both quests; the science part one you might get lucky and just have to retrieve a part from an open air camping grounds and the only enemies are pre-scripted bears. Potentially effortless EXP. The other one is your generic 'shoot the baddies' quest except you don't have to listen to someone bitch about raiders before being told which particular set of baddies to shoot.

When you get to the brotherhood air ship later in the game you can take a mission to escort a non-essential NPC to a location and back, except this mission still rewards failure (read: the death of the NPC). Accept the mission, walk out to a point where you're completely stealthed and can see the NPC, and kill them silently with a sniper rifle. Walk back to the quest giver, tell them the NPC didn't make it, and get EXP. Repeat immediately with little to no consequences.

>Your son being the head of the insti was also nice
I called it the INSTANT I was refrozen.

this game is still getting DLC? jesus christ just put it out of it's misery already

The National Guard base? That's closer to the NE of the map, it's not my problem.

My problem is you can find like 5 frames in the NW quarter of the map.

i think far harbor and nuka world are good and fantastic, respectively

>Fo4 had an OK plot
Just stop.

>>ambience
>This was the first fallout game where I honestly felt that the background noises and music was better than the radio stations. And that is not because the stations were horrible. They were pretty decent imo.

It was the first nu-fallout game to do this, and the way it did was by ripping off the first 2 games music, I'm not saying i didn't like it, i really appreciated it, but i recognized the music immediately

You're right, don't know how I was misremembering.
move the whole national guard facility to the NW corner, make that the only PA in that quarter.

I like how your character is good at shooting rifle-grip weapons and pistol-grip weapons, instead of guns and energy weapons.
I always thought that guns and e weapons should be replaced by "rifles" and "pistols" and weapon efficacy should take those, in addition to repair for guns and science for energy weapons, into consideration.

>Bethesda is the only company in existence that still allow mods
>lol that sucks sooo much, worst shit ever

You people will whine about anything, won't you?

>bethesda games

>fnv
>0 replay value

My mistake
FNV has 0 play value

>it's a "New Vegas fanboys shitpost non-stop because they played and enjoyed Fallout 4 and feel guilty about it" episode

Well, the glowing sea was neat. And i kina liked the power armor as well.

ITT: Normies with shit taste feeling comfortable appraising their shit game on Cred Forums

not him but I'd still pick nv if i want to shoot shit
that is because nv is an actually good game

It's a good RPG, great even. It's a fucking godawful shooter.

It's one of my top 3 games ever, but that's in spite of the combat.

>Bethesda's meeting room
>Guys, guys, apparently we fucked up!
>How so?
>People say our BoS is wrong, they're not supposed to be good guys!
>Whaaat? No way!
>Yeah, I heard in first game they even try to kill the player and shit.
>Say no more.
>FO4 BoS are now genocidal maniacs and Enclave wannabes

I feel bad for overworld designers that work in Bethesda. It's like they're the only people in the whole studio that actually CARE.

Sextec out yet?

>I feel bad for overworld designers that work in Bethesda. It's like they're the only people in the whole studio that actually CARE.
Protip: Plenty of people care, but the ZeniMax jew has his claws into the company and wants sales, not quality.

I wonder if Todd cares

Nuke World kinda shits the bed in the final chapter though, forcing you to expand into the Commonwealth and put down some dissenters instead of reforming them into something more impressive, like Obsidian would have done.

>implying the DLC wouldn't have had its ending cut

>Plenty of people care
Like?
Soule stopped caring after Oblivion, Inon Zur didn't care this time around, OST is very forgettable and at times out of place.
Sound designers don't care, game lacks ambient and weapons sound like crap, smaller explosions are also underwhelming.
Game designers in charge of balance didn't give a shit since Arena.
Animators only cared about Piper.
Voice actors didn't care in 50% of the time.
Writers? Last time Bethesda tried to write something creative was back in Oblivion.
People who code and update Gamebryo care the least.

>Implying Maxson isn't a million times more interesting then Elder Lyons

>bullet sponge faggot enemies everywhere
Kneecapper weapon is your friend ;)

way less bullet sponge on the new survival mode, it improves the game so fucking much

And that fixes bullet sponges how? Bullet sponges are not hard, they're tedious to fight.

That's objectively wrong though.

you should try the new version of survival

still some bullet sponges, but it's not like it was

of course, everything else does more damage too

>less bullet sponge on the new survival mode
>legendaries spawn much more often
>you still deal half the damage
?????

lipstick on a pig, boy

>I didn't play it
>but I'll shitpost about it

>asking questions is shitposting
Epic. For the win.

I didn't play it, that's why I'm asking. What I greentexted is straight from google and wiki.

Are you actually retarded? I oneshot pretty much everything from the start of the game all the way to the end. The game is the opposite of bullet sponge at survival. Only exceptions I found were endgame supermutants with their insane HP scaling. Those took an absurd amount of ammo relative to the other monsters (10 or so lever action rounds maybe)

And yet in turn gutted leveling so hard who could even fucking bother

fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Difficulty Modes
>Survival
>Damage dealt by player
>0.5x
>Damage dealt by non-players
>2x
>Changing difficulties changes damage, resistance of enemies and appearing rate of Legendary Enemies.
I'd rather believe the wiki than some fag on Cred Forums.

Somehow I still doubt that the modding crews will attract as many people that Skyrim did. The numbers so far have passed F3, but at least half of the mods on there for F4 don't really count....

>is upset that there's no quick save or fast travel in survival mode

I think people got bored of this game real quick mostly because they would just basically teleport everywhere and not actually go adventure throughout the place. Also save scumming ruins it too.

But that's wrong. The game still scales everything to you, Deathclaws are still pushovers.

The problem is, it was a financial success. The question then is, are more than enough idiots going to buy their future shit? Somehow I feel the answer to that is yes....

You do less damage (still more than launch Survival difficulty), but build up an effect called Adrenaline which increases your damage as you kill people. Enemies also take more damage than before. It's really a better balanced difficulty than any of the others. The only problem is that beds are the only way to save unless you mod it, so if your install is prone to crashing and/or you're a fucking munter who ignores the beds that are scattered around the worldspace you'll lose a lot of progress.

Those are the release values. They overhauled survival difficulty completely, adding hunger etc to it along with changing the damage values. Do some fucking research before you shitpost about stuff you have no clue about.

>that is not because the stations were horrible
>literally the exact same music as was in Fallout 3

If it has more than 4 songs it's a bad game.

t. Obsidian fan

I think the issue is, for everything they did right, there are 4 other things they did wrong or half assed....

>Enemies also take more damage than before.
So they're even more spongy?

i like the way you can find legendary items with modifiers

and the gunplay was better

that's kinda it

Voiced protagonist was a fun king awful idea restarting the game is absolutely impossible due to how fucking inanely all the dialogue is written and how trash Bethesda are at scenario design. All it did was pad out the game's absolute worst qualities, having to listen to double the amount of awful Bethesda writing is in no way a plus

That wiki is ancient, they completely redid the survival mode, added the need for eating and drinking and sleeping and more dangerous radiation, made everything including the player do more damage.

It's a lot of fun. At least know what you're talking about before you shitpost.

Not true, i mean there are high level deathclaws, but even in nuka world my level 100 met regular deathclaws as well as mythics and albinos south of galaxy world.

At least it mixes the leveled enemies, it's not like entire caves of bad guys wearing daedric plate now.

They receive more damage, i.e. less spongy.

>hurrr, wiki is actually wrong, believe me and buy the game
lol k shillies.

No they die in a single sneak attack. Adrenaline makes you do an insane amount of damage. Add modifiers like "Rifleman" for 100% extra dmg and 4.8 times sneak attack dmg. I'd say it's too easy, I'd almost wanna take bullet sponges instead. But if you don't sneak around I think you get the best of both worlds I guess.

How much does it even cost to license that dinosaur music?

Hell some of it should be public domain by now

I didn't feel that the voice acting was the issue. The issue was that they then either limited the choices because of the voice acting or did so just because. That and the story line was shit

... you're not even shitposting, you just sound stupid now.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_mode

There, a wiki that wasn't written at launch.

Shitloads of it IS public domain. Quite a few of the new tracks in Fallout 4's radio were in a Fallout 3 mod that used public domain recordings.

Park system is cluttered with faggot %damage perks and brought nothing new to the table other than entirely removing the role-playing element from the special system

And if I don't want to play stealth archer?

I skipped ninja on my survival run, it's way too OP. I'm happy with 2x sneak damage.

This is a bait thread, right?
>ambience
Fallout 3 had better fucking ambience.
>factions
meh

Then don't. I didn't in survival. Go with what you want to do.

If the ninja perk seems too OP, skip it. I beat the game and all dlc without it, and i still felt pretty powerful at the end but there were some good challenging parts.

Well like I said I think the sneak attack oneshotting is too easy. Don't get the sneak attack dmg perks or just don't sneak around. You still do a ton of damage. Only bullet sponges are the super mutants at high levels, for some reason their HP growth is insane.

>fallout 3
>better anything

Is there a mod that removes adrenaline and just makes you deal full damage from beginning? Perk seems absolutely useless and just forces you into killing everything.

Environment design.

How's the modding scene for this iteration, anyway?

>We all know FO4 was dogshit compared to FO3
>FO3

Comparing one pice of shit to another.

LOL.

Even Bethdrones and Skyrimbabbies agree that FO3 was a superior game, so you're a minority here.

over level 10 the raider veterans in nuka world are pretty nuts

that said, they were not ready for me and 120 synth relay grenades... most fun i ever had in a fight in that game, it was like watching a robot parade by the time the main park was cleared out.

>revamped survival mode
I loved most of the stuff it changed
except no fast traveling
Holy shit it was tedious as fuck to move around and if you got stuck, or something else fucked up you couldn't do anything about it cause lelnoconsole

Every cunt on the Nexus has their own special snowflake rebalance, I'm sure there's a version you'd enjoy.

Mods, pal. Unless you're a Sonycuck, lel.

>Animeposter
opinion invalidated

Bethesda's enviromental storytelling is just placing skeletons in silly poses everywhere.

I played institute and though my synth grenades were my favorite thing ever, not having a vertibird was straight up painful

Nuka world without fast travel was terrible. Dropped the game there. Having to go back to the commonwealth to do 1 thing and return over and over. I used a mod to allow console usage just incase I got stuck since consoles in the game would get me stuck 90% of the time, then I limited my FPS to 60 and it never happened again. Guess gamebryo still doesn't like 60+ fps

So literal retards agree which makes it fact, okay.

Make your own custom rule. I downloaded a fast travel mod and I only fast travel from one settlement to another (Diamond City, Goodneighbour included).

I too get my opinions from Something Awful.

Good day fellow Goon!

not really it doesn't, it doesn't make as big as impact as you might think... i never felt forced, plus i play on ps4 so no mods for me.

I'd just try it the way it is, honestly before you go out of your way to change it.

I should add my only regret was trying one early, deciding they sucked, and not realizing they sold them in packs of 30 in the institute after the main quest until after far harbour.

I couldn't find any mod that fixed survival mode
and using mods disable all achievements, even if it does something as trivial as add ballistic weave to more cloth outfits.

yeah they need to make that guy move to the first settlement immediately.

>I couldn't find any mod that fixed survival mode
You didn't look hard enough and/or it was too soon after it came out.
>and using mods disable all achievements
Stop caring about achievements and/or get one of the cheevo-enabling mods, you idiot.

>enjoyed 4
Nice projection. Hey don't you have to get ready for middle school?

You're right, it's about that time. I'll try to teach your wife's son not to shitpost on the internet today.

>You didn't look hard enough and/or it was too soon after it came out.
I checked roughly 1 week after release of the revamped survival mode, so that was probably the case.

>Everyone else is wrong and retarded
Oh, the irony.

Time for me to list what went right
>ambience
>gunplay
>factions
This was a major improvement over Fallout 3. I'm not counting NV because that was Obsidian, not Bethesda Game Studios.
>mods
Come on, when was the last time that a Bethesda game lacked this? Of course, they did seem to make it easier with Bethesda.net.
>power armor
I agree with this fellow >survival mode
Now, when I say survival mode, I am not simply referring to the first version of survival mode that was simply difficult. I'm referring to the updated version that actually had hunger, disease, etc.
That shit is entertaining.

>Settlements/base-building
Fucking glorious.
>inb6 u r no supposo do to bild stuff cause is fallout ;((( y u revolusionize game bethesde

You can't deflect facts with butthurt, user.

So the reason they've been sitting on their ass and haven't built shit since after the bombs fell is because it takes place in the States, right?

>play fallout 4 on survival with mods
>decide to play as a shotgun user on my main character
>get double barrelled shotgun weapon mods and some ammo
>spawn in rifleman 5 perk to do damage
>start going through dungeons, having to sneak and be aware of surroundings
>after 2 deaths in gunner plaza decide to play only on one life
>manage to clear the entire gunners plaza and quincy with just the db-shotgun
>start going to saugus when i touch a car and die

Actually laughed out loud. The weird physics in Bethesda games are always fun to see, like the cars that seems to fall out of the highway as that area's cell loads.

Yes they got that one thing right, but you're either autistic or being purposefully obtuse to expect anyone to talk about it when the rest of the game was so poor.

You might as well try to start a discussion with a load of Jews about what Hitler did right, as try to tell Cred Forums about what Fallout 4 did right.

I dont get the hate for voiced heroes. Makes it easier to care about them as characters. Nate was pretty funny with some sarcastic lines. You cou!d tell the actor had a blast

I would find it infinitely hilarious if there was a twist to the storyline at some point that only the U.S is still in shambles in the Fallout universe while everyone else on the planet had already rebuilt and just left the murrica to fend for itself in it's own filth and cut communication with north america altogether.

>That face when you realize that the sole survival is essentially a feudal lord in terms of controlling settlements.

With Nuka World you can become and Mongol barbarian king too.

Settlements were comfy

Hope ES6 has the system. Imagine building your own forts and shit and hiring soldiers to patrol around

most RPG fans prefer to leave the characters' voice and speech mannerisms to their own intrepretation with guidance based on text descriptions

it also allows for more robust dialogue, or at least, if you compare RPGs from the mid 90s through the mid 00s, to what came after-around the same time voiced protags really took off, you can see marked devolution in the meaningfulness of the player's dialogue

>What Fallout 4 did right
it made NMA and obsidian fanboys super upset, which is always a positive in my book

I hope it's optional. As crazy as it might seem, I preferred the way Hearthfire did it in Skyrim.

>tfw too autistic to just make a visual mess of a settlement but not autistic enough to spend hours getting a building placed just right

How dare you I'm literally figratively shitting myself in anger right now fuck you you you you

What's NMA?

No Mutants Allowed, one of the first Fallout fan communities.

They get salty over literally everything that isn't the original game. Like Fallout 2 is a fucking crime against humanity because it has humor in it.

The level scaling is okay for being, y'know, level scaling. Making things progressively more difficult as you get stronger keeps it somewhat fresh, and it wasn't horribly scaled like previous Beth games, but I'd still prefer the classic static levels according to regions. Like if you go to South Boston at low levels you will get fucked up. I think NV did it right.

>Like if you go to South Boston at low levels you will get fucked up.
It's actually like that to an extent, there's some hand-placed enemies that are always at X level. Try throwing on god mode and sprinting to the edges of the map at low levels, you'll see plenty of skulls.

Runs fine on my Xbox One® :^)

First time I played through Fallout 4 I played on Survival, and when I got to the BoS and got my first Vertibird grenades that shit blew my mind. Felt like I was playing some kind of metroidvania and I just got the upgrade that opened up half the world. Probably the most memorable moment of the game for me was travelling from the Prydwen to Sanctuary - which honestly says a lot about the quality of the game - and seeing everything I'd had to walk past.

/thread

>it made everyone, including Bethdrones who loved FO3 and Todd who didn't win even one major GOTY award super upset
ftfy

Does the game stil run like ass on any rig?

>using AMD products
>ever
KYS faggot.

People shouldn't support Fallout. Remember if you don't criticize Fallout 4, the next TES is going to be more shit.

This thing happened with Skyrim to Fallout 4.

All you need is a 2GB+ video card.

But Gameworks was making the game shit itself, what are you on about? The game ran like trash on any PC thanks to unoptimized volumetric light and MemeDR.

>marketed as an rpg

Fallout 4 is not an rpg, it's an action adventure

FO4 was struggling and dropping to single digits even on 980.

Should be a Brahmin mod that let's you ferry your inventory back to your home.

>I feel like the factions, at least lore wise, were well made and interesting.

Were they really?

>have 970 3.5gb meme card
>get drops to 55 when I set off multiple car and/or fat man explosions at the same time
Guys the game has been out for a year, surely the budget to pay you to shitpost about it has run out by now. Why are you doing it for free?

There's a pack brahmin mod at least.

They optimized it through multiple patches. But there are still some fps drops in cities.

No it isn't or wasn't, I have a 980 myself. Godrays on ultra on top of the highest building in Boston it runs like shit (maybe 20-30 fps), but so does every other card.

>the game was totally optimized on release
Why are you doing this for free? Oh wait, you get paid for that.

I like how you cropped out the part of this image that says "Niggas gonna nig".

No, they were pretty much all even worse than both the BoS and Enclave in F3.

>it's ok to release poorly performing broken games when Obsidian does it

>F:NV was using Bethesda's Gamebryo and gone through Bethesda's QA
Go figure :^)

Still ran worse than any other Fallout game at launch. Shifting the blame doesn't make NV any less of a botched release.

That doesn't explain how it managed to be the most buggy and unoptimized gamebryo game. I don't remember that many problems on Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 release.

>talk about how FO4 is unoptimized
>butthurt Bethdrone gets mad and mentions NV
>gets told again
>talks about how shifting the blame is not an argument
Like pottery.

inb4 anecdotal evidence of buggy Skyrim installs.

Simple fact is Bethesda's games have been getting more stable as time goes on and Obsidian still bites off more than they can chew every time.

>I don't remember that many problems on Skyrim, Oblivion
You haven't played those on release then. Oblivion is still THE most broken Gamebryo game, with Skyrim close second. Even in latest patches they managed to break more things than fix.

The truth is bethesda always listens to the people online after each game releases about what they need to focus on for the next one.

Remember
>oblivion has no dungeons/oblivion has copypasted dungeons
Then skyrim comes out and 90% of the quests are taking place in dungeons.

Same thing with fallout 4
>skyrim/fallout3 have shitty animations!
>level scaling is ruining the game!

And those two concepts have been improved, to the detriment of everything else they ignored. This seems to be a continuing trend.

Mark my words the next game will have an entirely revamped dialogue system, and also some horrible flaw circling around it which ruins the experience.

Dunno about skyrim but Fallout 4 only crashed to desktop twice in 300 hours. Yes I realize how autistic that makes me. But I played through all the locations and DLCs in my defense.

The only bugs I encountered in Skyrim on release were physics related shit like bouncing corpses. Hardly the same as CTDs, save corruption and broken flags in main quest lines like NV.

Trolling 101
>mention something bad about the game in Bethout thread
>fanboys immediately start deflecting everything to New Vegas

I'm having much more fun with a modded Fallout 4 than I have with a modded New Vegas.

Currently on my 4th run of Fallout 4 with a shit load of mods. I love New Vegas but I could barely trudge through my 2nd run with Project Nevada and a couple of other mods installed.

Advanced Trolling
>mention that New Vegas has poor combat compared to 4
>sit back and watch Obsidiots shit their pants in outrage when they try to defend iron sights that don't actually indicate where the weapon is aimed

>works on my machine
Great argument, tell it to everyone who had crashes every 10 minutes, save bloat, parts of map and NPCs disappearing, dragons glitching out, etc.
>Hardly the same as CTDs, save corruption and broken flags in main quest lines like NV.
Cute, go google these issues with Skyrim, you'll be surprised.

First fallout game I've never finished. It was just so fucking boring and poorly designed.

This coming from someone who played through FO3 three times (once for each karma).

>300 hours in a Bethesda game is autistic
that's the amount of hours people that DON'T like Bethesda have.

>Fallout 1 and 2 are classics of cRPG genre
>New Vegas became cult classic RPG
>Fallout 3 is a laughing stock defended only by Skybabs
>Fallout 4 is considered a disappointment by both parties
Feels good being born in late 80s so I could enjoy best games in the series and make fun of Bethbabs.

Me too, and I unironically thought Skyrim was a good game

Not for another year.

Feels good being born in the mid 80s so I could enjoy the best games in the series and find something to like in the others. Except Brotherhood of Steel, I regret even renting that.

I think it's fairly autistic on Fallout 4. No replay value, lackluster as fuck mods. Having that amount or more on new vegas or skyrim would be acceptable.

>I think it's fairly autistic on Fallout 4.
You'd be wrong. Some of us like exploring at our own pace.

Fallout 3 was bad but at least it was an improvement over Oblivion.

Bad Fallout Game, okay TES game.

Well you can't fix everything that was broken in FO3. I can live with poor optimization in an RPG, but not with poor writing, characters and worldbuilding.

Even if Fallout 4 did make a lot of money, it clearly didn't do as well, was not as well received, and does not have the staying power of previous Beth games. Is it safe to say that Bethesda is going to pivot away towards solely pandering to casuals and releasing blatantly unfinished games at this point, seeing as Fallout 4 and its ilk are clearly not where the money lies?

Oblivion had good quests. FO3 had terrible writing even for a Bethesda game.

>Fallout 3 was bad but at least it was an improvement over Oblivion.

>gunplay
What's the point of it being "best in the series" if all you do is shoot draugr (ghouls) in dungeons (ruined factories)?
>Factions
Yeah, kill yourself

>What's the point of it being "best in the series" if all you do is shoot draugr (ghouls) in dungeons (ruined factories)?
At least it's not immersion-shattering like having your 100 skill + perks character miss with a pistol from 10 yards like in NV. I will never stop being salty that RNG is a factor at point blank range when using iron sights.

>HURR BULLET MAEK HARD LEFT OUT OF BARREL, NO HEADSHOTS ALLOWED

I know, but it's still easy to avoid the strong enemies. If you want to go past the high level zones in NV you basically have to exploit systems. I think open world games become so much better if they limit exploration with high level zones. It helps shaping the narrative, makes hand placing unique loot easier (where the fuck was this in 4 even, fuck legendary drops) and gives you something to look forward to.

Shit nigga, it was true. It was leveled but not to the same extremely painful extent as Oblivion. "Dungeons" and locations were actually worth exploring and interesting on the inside.

In Oblivion if a quest didn't point you at a dungeon there was never ANY reason to ever go inside. Ever. The Leveling system in Oblivion was broken as all fuck too, the worst I have ever seen it in any game.

America is the only 1st world country with a nigger/race war problem. And it's not just the niggers. It's also your shitty economy and income inequality. Many parts of the US are literally 3rd world tier.

>muh niggers

The vast majority of our black population is actually educated with a job and a steady income.

>immersion-shattering
>2 hundred years since Vaults opened
>every major urban center is still filled with hordes of zombies that die to couple bullets
Uh-huh
>it's mindless NV deflection episode
LMAO, there are easier ways to come out as an underage

>Cait
I still don't understand what people like about her?

> Cred Forums is getting more amicable to Fallout 4 as time goes on
What gives?

>it's mindless NV deflection episode
The irony of this is fucking amazing.

In NV I can at least shoot cool guns, even if the gunplay tself is shitty.

In F4 the gunplay is still shitty with no cool weapons. Go figure.

Sorry, it was problematic.

Todd is bae

>In F4 the gunplay is still shitty
Shitty compared to say a Raven developed game? Sure. But it's a massive leap forward for the series.

Fallout 4 is simply a better base game than NV. You can start to appreciate it for what it did right. New Vegas, although a better game, is built on top of a really shit foundation.

Explain to me where the irony is, I'll wait.

>America is the only 1st world country with a nigger/race war problem
>race war problem
are you just completely blind to europe

>criticism of one of, if not THE biggest problem New Vegas has
>you deflect it by calling it deflection
If you don't get it now you might want to look up the definition of irony.

FALLOUT 4 = SHITTY ENGINE NEED TO GO IN THE TRASH.

GETTING FUCKING 35-45fps in CITIES WITH MY GTX 1070 on 1080p. FUCK THIS SHITTY ENGINE,

You're doing something wrong then. I get more on a 980

user it's just badly optimized
I get stable 60 everywhere except inside the Institute, where my fps drop to 38 as lowest

>he thinking pointing out deflection is an irony
Pottery.
>you might want to look up the definition of irony
You might want to do that yourself first, lmao

Thanks for providing good laugh, you underage moron.

I get more on a 970.

A 1070 doesn't mean shit if it's plugged in to a 2.5ghz CPU and 4gb of RAM.

>>gunplay
Is it a good FPS though? Or is it just not awful like the others?

Did you fail to play Fallout 1 and 2 or what?

FAG, I HAVE i7 OC TO 4.2GHZ WITH 16BG RAM AND STILL GETTING IN THE BIG CITIES AROUND 35-45 MOST TIMES.

Oh, you're just shitposting.

It's just OK for an FPS. If you're looking to shoot things for fun it's not gonna cut it but as for open world exploration, questing and shooting it's the best we have.

Dismemberment and PA/robot armor blowing off is satisfying as hell though.

Though the ambient music was god-tier, it distracted from the role-playing (lmao) elements of the game.
>music builds in intensity & crescendo
>mfw

I constantly get 0-10 fps and I have a fucking 760, even after I set shadows and other settings to medium. Makes the game literally unplayable. How did they manage to fuck it up this badly?

the light chest piece is great for titty mods

nigga, one of my best friends got a OC'd monster rig with water cooling since he enjoys 144 FPS gaming and even he is getting severe frame drops in certain areas
Fallout 4's optimization is fucking atrocious

>gets told twice
>can't deflect anymore
>y-you're just shitposting!
Back to plebbit or whatever hole you crawled out of.

@353261676
No more (You)s, get along to class kid.

By the way I'm sorry your PS4 owning ass won't be getting any mods.

Looting was fast and the game didn't freeze up when you talk to NPC's and shit.

The factions were absolute garbage and the plot suffered largely from this.

>Playing a bethesda game without 60FPS limit
Tell your friend he's a fucking idiot.

Console versions of F4 have mods tho.

not only that but for bethesda games it really puts the final nail in the coffin for quest mods.
it was allready hard enough in for example skyrim/oblivion and fallout3/NV where people expected every NPC in the quest mod to be voiced, now in fallout 4 the main character is voiced as well so quest mods are practically dead and the few that exist are extremely gimped because of the voiced MC

why do i have to pick between increasing a "skill" and a perk?

Only xbox. And even then nothing complicated can be modded on xbox, mostly just skins.

Character customization, it's a part of RPGs.

Not PS4. And Xbox doesn't get F4SE so it's only getting babby tier mods.

Quest mods were always trash anyway. Nobody wants to hear a bunch of local theater rejects reading lines written by some fucking sperg who thinks his pseudo-intellectual ramblings are insightful, let alone original.

Power Armor: frames, and pieces (which can actually break). Fusion Cores are stupid, but the rest is great.

And some small credit to Beth, they made some effort to integrate top features from FO3 mods, like sprinting and grenades. And of course, junk crafting. Someone somewhere was paying attention to feedback, even if the project leaders are incompetent.

Music is great.

Activating radio towers / frequencies to track down locations.

It's little bits like these that make me even more disappointed, because they make it apparent that there are talented people at Beth who don't deserve their managers.

>tfw I enjoy all 3d fallouts

Feels like im the only here who thinks this. NV still the best by far

My nigga.

Now if I didn't have 1100+ hours in it and could actually still enjoy the game. Instead I can speedrun it in my head I guess.

thats why I said hard enough, in morrowind not every NPC was fully voiced so quest mods could use that to their advantage and have zero voice acting and better other shit
But now since oblivion where bethesda went fully voiced, quest mods had to have voices because otherwise people would complain and it has negatively affected their quality as a result
and now with a voiced MC it makes it even worse since now and quest mods have to have even more effort put into them to make them even half decent

>The truth is bethesda always listens to the people online after each game releases about what they need to focus on for the next one.
>Remember
>oblivion has no dungeons/oblivion has copypasted dungeons
>Then skyrim comes out and 90% of the quests are taking place in dungeons even more copypasted.

Truely Todd is the genius savior of this video game generation, he knows just the right way to give us more of what we complain about!

>factions
What the fuck?
The differences between raiders are practically, there was practically no difference between different raider bases except they threw you a computer entry or gave them different outfit so you can pretend they're actually unique.
Your interaction was almost entirely limited to shooting them.

Also anybody who praises the settlement aspect is retarded, it had so much potential but it fell absolutely flat and only served one purpose: free caps.

>videogame development is a charitable endeavor and should be catered to a vocal minority to the exclusion of the majority
Reminder that America is a capitalist nation, and unless you and your ilk buy 50 copies of games you deem worthy they will never meet your standards.

If you weren't so poor maybe Fallout 4 would have been better than New Vegas.

>1 and 2
I'M A DEMIGOD, BRINGER OF DEATH AND HUGE.
>3 and NV
This is ok. I still fly like a ragdoll.
>4
I'M A DEMIGOD, BRINGER OF DEATH AND Woops, gotta add more fusion cores.

I love how they retconned nuclear reactors that last a thousand years for fusion cores for "balance", but made fusion cores so common that you never even run out of them.

I wish Bethesda would just stop trying to "balance" their games already. Every time they do it they just end up making something not viable while introducing something else that breaks the game completely, like smithing in Skyrim.

I think I got 500 fusion cores collecting dust because I never use the damn power armor. Don't see how you guys like using this crap, but to each his own I guess.

What did he mean by this?

>had best girl ever
Curie, Hancock, and Nick are great characters.
All the others are either aight (Macready/Cait) or shit (PRESTON post-anothersettlrmentneedsyourhelp.jpeg). It was cool they had Goku voice a mutant tho.

wtf that's not me
you don't like my food analogy?