Wasteland 3

Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

lazygamer.net/gaming-news/south-african-developers-stasis-helped-make-wasteland-3-polished/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That thumbnail looks like some guy pointing a gun at a helmet in first person.

take your meds

I'm optimistic about it

Wasteland 2 was nothing special, I don't think they be able to make a better game that rivals Fallout 1 or 2.

Divinity Original 2 on the other side of Kickstarter sequels I have high hopes for since the first one was pretty amazing.

Are they using their own money, or is it another kikescammer? If Kikescammer, no.

Think they are gonna make a base game, and do the kikescammer to get extras in for goals.

Probably.

Second half of Wasteland 2 was pretty good. Hopefully they'll acknowledge my sequence breaking when I try to mess with the game.

If all the skills checks were not % based it would have been a lot better, because most times even having high skill doesnt mean you can actualy complete something. If they are doing Wasteland 3 i hope they fix that. + a lot of weapons were not viable and asault rifles just dominated.

>snow setting

Fuck yes

lol we metro now

2 was great and was very well received by pretty much everyone apart from some dumbfucks on Cred Forums, so 3 will be great as well, if they stick to the same formula and make some improvements, like a better weapon progression system.

DOS2 is dogshit, just like the first one, you're fucking retarded. Larian has learned nothing and literally gave zero fucks about the complaints people made about the first game.

The only complaint I heard about D:OS was le humor from grimdark spastics, guess what, you are an insignificant minority.

I liked Wasteland 2.

Well they gave us the 2nd game as promised.

it looks fucking gorgeous so there's that

They are going full out with the metro aesthetic

forgot pic

Did they say when they were thinking about releasing it?

Was hyped for Original Sin 2, but fuck me I only just heard they pushed it back to 2017 and give out some stupid early access shit instead.

why does the perspective look so weird

I really wanted to like Wasteland 2 but I felt some things were needlessly clunky

I played it on launch though, did they make any improvements?

Also will have XCOM-esque action cameras

>"We’re going to break from the isometric for conversations, and we’re also going to break from the isometric in other areas where we think we can dial up the drama. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a good example, where you can zoom in on something and cut to the creature shattering through a window and then go back isometric."

straight from their faq

Graphical overhaul and update to the Unity 5 game engine.

Expanded voice-over with thousands of newly-voiced lines for key characters and scenes.
Precision Strikes system allows you to target individual body parts on enemies in combat, which lets you inflict negative status effects on them.

Perks system lets you pick bonuses for your characters as they level up.

Quirks system lets you pick a personality trait for each custom created Ranger during character creation, with a gameplay-modifying positive and negative quality.

Rebalanced gameplay, including virtually all combat encounters, weapons, loot drops and containers.

I felt like it got better towards the end, there is more interesting factions once you reach the coast, really like the game now.

There's literally nothing wrong with having a humorous tone set for your whole narrative in the game, Obsidian has proven that recently with its South Park RPG. The problem is that Larian """"""writers"""""" should be hanged on the trees next their fucking offices.

The whole story and pretty much all the characters in DOS1 can be described with literally three words: banal, shit, boring. Moreover, Larian has learned nothing from its failure and DOS2 writing is just as shitty as it was in DOS1.

Get the DC edition, it's really great. The California part of the game was fucking amazing.

I thought the game was good too, but how the fuck do you get over 100 hours out of it?

I did every side quest, read all the dialogue and got every achievement in one walkthrough.

I don't mind actually. Aside from Metro, few games go down the nuclear winter path.

>played WL2
>played WL2DC
>got too used to vanilla interface
>didn't liked the DC interface

Fuck, i reverted back to playing the vanilla instead.

no.

I'll keep an eye on it, but definitely won't play it on release, I won't be suprised if it will have its fair share of problems. In a year they'll release a dc edition again, I'll buy it then.

>great
Gaming is so devoid of quality that a 6.5/10 RPG is considered "Great".

It was ok user, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No, it was literally a great RPG. The only RPG released in the past 5 years that has more role-playing opportunities is Age Of Decadence. Wasteland 2 is loaded with multi-solution quests with available alternative solutions being highly dependent on your character skills. It's a great RPG.

Shit it does

Is that in-game? Are they still using Unity? Gonna run like fucking garbage, they couldn't get their ugly-ass previous game running well in that engine.

In-engine prototype

>they couldn't get their ugly-ass previous game running well in that engine.
You're talking out of your ass here, buddy. I've played the original highly unoptimized demo on a toaster with a Geforce 9600GT at 25-30 fps. A proper rig should have no problems running the game now.

man if you don't take Pizepi or have someone with Energy Weapons with you, the later part of the game will eat you up.

Actually, it won't. I had one of my original rangers be a dedicated energy weapons guy and he did sub-optimal damage even to fully metallic synths compared to my sniper, heavy weapons guy and an assault rifle guy while using the Gamma Ray Blaster.

Everyone I know who owns Wasteland 2 has had performance trouble with it. 7970s and GTX960 to 980ti and Fury X based systems have allegedly run the game like shit, my formerly 980 now 1070 i7 6700k game development system runs the game like shit. There's something fucked up about it that doesn't relate to hardware.

Will it be funded, more like
fig is shit and nobody uses that site anyway. they had like 5 campaigns since launching

>Zarya looking at master chief's helmet in the ground.

I really wanted to like Wasteland 2 but it crashed 6 times in an hour. And I couldn't even refund it.

Well, that gave me something to really look forward to.

Probably my biggest gripe with WL2 was the shitty armor mechanic.

I had no problems with my i7 920 and 6970 back when I played it near launch.

>The California part of the game was fucking amazing.
Rly ? I stop at Rodia bored to death by the "trash fight". Maybe i should push myself to continue.

>W2 sells well
>Still go on Kickstarter with Wasteland 3
It's not how it was supposed to work

>2 was great and was very well received by pretty much everyone apart from some dumbfucks on Cred Forums,

So popularity = quality.

Nice.

DC interface is purely console. 3 will be a port since the start.

>Got every achievement in one walkthrough

So uh, how about the team Delta one where you basically fuck yourself over from finishing the game?

>fig
>over 2 million
it's not going to get funded
which is unfortunate

>Will it be good?
well, 1 and 2 were dogshit, so it doesnt look good

>original sin was bad, wasteland 2 was great

Hmm

it was. Wasteland 2 had great combat mechanics that shit over the current XCOM games and good encounter design, that ensured a steady level of difficulty all the way till the end with a noticeable difficulty spike when fighting Matthias and his synths (at least in DC) and actually interesting characters. D: OS had shit writing across the board and good combat mechanics, yet the encounter design falls apart the moment you leave Cyseal due to how early you become overpowered. The moment you enter Luculla is the moment where the game becomes filled with literal trash mobs that can be steamrolled with zero thought.

And I'm not even going to discuss the actual role-playing in D: OS. There's not a single quest in the entire game where your character skills have an impact on possible outcomes, since you can persuade any character with zero investment in charisma. The game is fucking dogshit.

The trend line says no.

>So uh, how about the team Delta one where you basically fuck yourself over from finishing the game?
There's this thing called "load game".

I played the second until after the helicopter crash then quit, came back during enhanced edition and found out my saves couldn't be used.

Had to play through the whole first half of the game only to lose my save files after reaching the helicopter crash and ragequit. Not sure how much i missed after that.

W2 was fun as fuck, especially the DC version so i'm optimistic about it way more than about anything current Obsidian can do.

Does directors cut really improve the base game? I played it at launch and really couldn't get into it

I hope so?

Literally thought the same thing.

So everything will be voiced in Wasteland 3?

It added a pretty good number of quirks and minmaxing options lack of which was one of the core problems of the base game.

Hopefully they will deal with different weapon types being more balanced or useful, heavy weapons were pretty shit.

It adds character perks and precision strike mechanics and rebalances a lot of combat encounters and weapons.

>heavy weapons were pretty shit.
You do know that the most powerful weapon in W2 is a heavy weapon, right?

What a fucking savescummer.

Combat Training and Miniguns say so otherwise.

Patroling Great Union almost make wish for nuclear summer

Really ? Fuck. Didnt know that.

More like "your" side of issue, do a fresh OS install and the essential redistributable files and run the game.

It will amaze you how some fucking shit you installed on your pc will cause shitty performance for no good reason.

Not him but i never once used "heavy" weapon, mostly rifles, snipers amd grenades.

Remind me again what heavy weapons other than the rocket launcher appear in the game ? Coz the game have some forgettable weapons aside the laser and the fucking useful grenades.

heavy weapons become the strongest weapons once you get the minigun and build your character in a way that allows him to shoot it twice per turn or at least twice every other turn. The strongest gun in the game is The Third, which has a critical damage multiplier of x15. Combined with the combat shooting skill it instakills anything in one turn.

Wasteland 2 was like a 7/10 at best. No interesting quests, braindead AI, skills just for the sake of skills. I still sort of enjoyed it, but 3 will need to be a LOT better for me to get it.

gonna get it for sure. loved fallout 2. was suprised wasteland was the idol for fallouts. havent started wl2 yet. my fav type of games are trunbased rpgs.

gonna get dos ee at some point.

You know, this reeks of bullshot, but it's not like you can't actually a make a game that looks like that. Stasis guy did just that with Stasis and as far as I know, he's working on a post-apoc game right now.

bum for my fav type of game.

200% ok with this

2nd was a bug ridden shitfest with smartphone graphics. I don't think this will be different.

user... lazygamer.net/gaming-news/south-african-developers-stasis-helped-make-wasteland-3-polished/