What games have extremely satisfying flamethrowers?

What games have extremely satisfying flamethrowers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMukZ4gESWg
youtube.com/watch?v=kbdtBLD8Lbg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hguFk4wCU
youtu.be/_ML1l-5C0_Q
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3330368/Chinese-police-use-FLAMETHROWER-terror-suspects-grenades-tear-gas-fail.html
reuters.com/article/us-china-security-xinjiang-idUSKBN0TC0QT20151123
i.imgur.com/80Ld76m.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=XAVi99Rwh8g
youtube.com/watch?v=rU5N9hEjJMI
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3783943/SAS-sniper-kills-ISIS-executioner-moments-kills-12-hostages.html
youtu.be/h3McTHfsLY8
atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_September_11_attacks
youtube.com/watch?v=O9thTo7B-7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rising Storm

Metal Slug

Army Men

Apocalypse starring Bruce Willis I'm serious

TF2 right up until anyone whatsoever kills your ass with minimal effort.

If you want a serious answer Gunstar Heroes I guess

the screams... oh those satisfying screams of agony... followed by silence

R T C W
T
C
W

>video game flamethrowers have a range of 3 feet

why though

youtube.com/watch?v=SMukZ4gESWg

Deus Ex

Almost every character has like 3 panicked screams for when they are burning.

world at war

new vegas

alien isolation

farcry 2 and 3

tf2

dead space

Bioshock with the right upgrades.

What games have good launchers?

bonus for ingame backblast

Far Cry 2 due to fire propagation in that game.

fuck

are there actaully any good games that try to simulate the flamethrower with cool volumetric effects and collision

rising storm kinda trys it, but it is underwhelming

Metal Slug

KF2

LA Noire since its flamethrower actually had range.

KF2 has backblast and RPG-7 is fun to use.

TF2, please.

TF2
youtube.com/watch?v=kbdtBLD8Lbg

Factorio

Use your imagination that fire was created with the flamethrower and not the grenade

Bloodborne

fallout 2 obviously

Alien Isolation, it is your best friend and only ally

Far Cry 2

both launchers had backblasts that could start fires and the later one you got was powerful enough that it'd take off a bar of health immediately if you fired it on anything other than a flat rock or smooth floor with lots open behind you

>Flames don't hurt
>Little enemies are fire resistant when they should be even more on fire than big burly tough monsters
>Flamethrower is made for "pushing enemies"
Fuck off

>ponytail
>beard
>polo with cargo shorts
Why is this disgusting look so common

>Setting people on fire from the sheer heat produced when the flames don't even touch them

Also, Army Men.

It's the /k/ starter pack.

That's called the "Silent Bob".

this

>t. Lvl1 Firebug

black ops 1's underbarrel flamethrower

the thing made no sense but it had a pretty obscene range (longer than the shotguns, at least) and was only not completely terrifying because Flak Jacket Pro was so common and it fired more of a stream than a puff of fire

it was surprisingly realistic in that regard actually, it would spray something more like a stream of flammable gel than a puff of aerosolized fuel, which is what flamethrowers actually do. the black ops one just had kinda low pressure or has a tiny nozzle, I guess. makes sense since its so little.

anyway it was satisfying to use and oh so nice to just get a good firey moneyshot on someone but, being a flamethrower in a CoD game, guns and grenades were just plain more effective.

americans are shit

all americans are shit

flammenwerfer

SQUAD's launcher's a pretty good

and yes they have backblast

Team Buddies

X-Com. Shame you can't use them for 90% of the game without giving up precious salvage.

>playing Long War
>like a dozen EXALT fuckers advance on my position, take cover behind a car and some pillars
>GASHUNK GASHUNK my Marauder into their midst
>splatter one with free close-range shot
>sweep the whole area with crimson devastation
>everyone panics and runs
>free lethal reaction shots until out of ammo
>car explodes

/thread

First to Fight co op and SOCOM both had backblast. Great way to kill off afk people and in SOCOM, snipers.

Turok 2

Not too satisfying but worth a mention.

>i-it gets fun at level 20

Fuck off retard, it's been unbearably boring up to 15 and a waste of time

BF 1 Flame thrower is pretty great

Ian a best

you fuck off right this instant

Cool Mexicans don't look at explosions.

I know flame throwers were deemed inhumane but what's stopping for example ISIS from using them? they would work pretty well in some battlefields of Syria.

bf Vietnam and bc2 viet
BF1

>gun jesus
>disgusting
Fuck off, mate.

ive got all perks level 25 with 400+ hours and the flamethrower feels like shit without the broken skill napalm which is getting a nerf (along with all firebug damage)

they're fairly short ranged (compared to rockets and bullets), heavy to carry, and not really that useful outside of clearing bunkers and the like

theres just not a place where one of them would be like "hmm. a flamethrower would fix this better than an anti-tank rocket or an IED made out of daisy-chained artillery shells"

>clear entire waves of trash alone while everything staggers and dies superfast
I don't know what game you've played but firebug is pretty op right now.

they're surprisingly complex and complicated to make and maintain and very ineffecient, also requiring coordination and restraint to be effective for anything other than a shock psycological weapon and obviously very hazardous to both the user and any friendlies nearby

Flamethrowers aren't really all that effective.

For every task you'd use a flamethrower for, we've invented a weapon that can do it more reliably, more effectively and safer

Factorio
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hguFk4wCU
You can burn down huge forests with a single burst of it it is awesome

What about instilling sheer terror in people?

Kingpin's flamethrower was unbelievable at the time.

This game was awesome woth cheats

Artillery is vastly more effective at that job.

A flamethrower is ultimately a backpack on a dude you can shoot, artillery will get you and there's nothing you can do about it.

For sheer terror, nothing beats a good shelling. Maybe with WP or Napalm for added effect.

when you absolutely, positively need to instill existential dread into every motherfucker possible, accept no substitutes*

*survival of nation, planet, and species not guaranteed

you can spot a guy with a giant backpack full of fuel and a nozzle to spray it out very easily

what really spooks people is mines and suicide bombers, since that can happen anywhere, at any time.

quack and fanta pain

Battlefield 1 beta had really good flamethrower

man, early anime was fucking brutal

a shame that all we have now is garbage like k-on and oreimo and senran kagura and other moeshit

balance of course. they're too good.

>a single pixel touches me tiny gook dick
>instant death

woooooooooooooooooow

It was surprisingly realistic. The RPG wouldn't even arm until at distance and it could literally bounce off.

>Rifles are useless, you can just send a tank or a gunship
>Grenade launchers are dumb, why not just launch an ICBM?

hurf

Is Ian a meme?

Ian has ascended memehood, he is now a god

>K-on
>garbage

There's a great shot (or at least there used to be one) on IMFDB of an RPG glancing off a chicken

glancing hits were totally a thing

Flamethrowers kill by carbon monoxide poisoning, not by burning. They're fantastic at clearing bunkers, but they stop being an effective weapon after that, and then become useful to clear foliage and just burn shit (not people).

Also, they last about 20 seconds max, so you have 20 seconds worth of fuel to get you through your entire operation before you are rendered ineffective, and it's not like you're effective in the first place unless you're fighting trees or going bunker to bunker. They also are finicky as fuck to maintain, and require actual knowledge to work, that is, to refill and do more than use once and then never use it again.

Also, sandniggers are dumb and probably can't operate them, even if the almighty slav left them some old flamethrowers. Otherwise we would have seen them in some execution vids, unless they're saving it up for a big target.

It is garbage, and you have shit taste

>I know flame throwers were deemed inhumane

Fun fact, the US could still use flamethrowers in warfare but they don't for reasons.

That's fucking awesome

What games have satisfying airburst weapons?

MW3 comes to mind with the XM25.

>Flamethrowers kill by carbon monoxide poisoning, not by burning
Most literature I've read on the matter suggests that even if you do get hit with a flamethrower straight on, you'd be dead before you even realize that you're on fire, so there'd be no running around and screaming either way.

Hollywood really made out flamethrowers to be a lot scarier and more effective than they actually are.

Fucking autist

youtu.be/_ML1l-5C0_Q

These, flamethrowers are very specialized weapons. Hell, I'd say they are more used for just psychological aspect, despite how advanced we humans are fire is still something to be scared off, nobody wants to burn alive.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3330368/Chinese-police-use-FLAMETHROWER-terror-suspects-grenades-tear-gas-fail.html
reuters.com/article/us-china-security-xinjiang-idUSKBN0TC0QT20151123
>The PLA Daily said the special forces used flash grenades and tear gas to force the attackers out of hiding, but when those methods failed, a senior officer said: "Use the flamethrower".
>After that, the newspaper said the attackers came out at the troops wielding knives and that they were then "completely annihilated".
They did not probably even need to use flamethrower to burn them. It was probably enough on its own to drive them out to be shot.

i.imgur.com/80Ld76m.jpg

uhuh

US is fighting in desertic landscapes recently, a flamethrower is pointless outside of forestal areas

If you fire a flamethrower into a bunker with a network of tunnels behind it, most of the people inside the bunker will be dead without a single singed hair on them.

>a flamethrower is pointless outside of forestal areas
A flamethrower is pointless in modern warfare. Modern armies have things like thermobaric weapons and napalm rockets.

More efficient and less risky.

Geneva Convention update shit in 1980.

The last generation of US Military flamethrowers fired for less than 10 seconds.

Grenade launchers do the same job but better.

As in, they mainly kill through carbon monoxide, not that they cant light a nigger on fire, but if they could only kill that way they'd never have been used in the first place.

Exactly why I said 20 max. With 20 seconds you'd be lugging around a fuckton of weight on your back, and I doubt any sane person would employ shit weighing over the 20 second limit.

IIRC didn't they downgrade fuel capacity from the M2 to the 'Nam flamethrower?

Hey, those fucking nips got warned. They should have moved.

KF Firebug was pretty GOAT, especially when they released the Trench Gun.

>every tripwire game but kf1 gets mentioned

kf1 flamethrower was the goat

It was a variant of the M2 in vietnam. It was actually rated at 7 seconds burn time.

40m range is badass, but I'd swear the flame would just reach out to that point as it went out.

>Guy ignites before the flamethrower animation even starts
Christ the Fallout games were always terrible, weren't they? This whole "Bethesda killed the franchise" thing actually is just a meme after all.

Are you really that autistic?

>Everyone shat on KF1 Firebug because of Sharpshitter fags
>Now KF1 Firebug is supposedly GOAT

The US never signed the Geneva convention. They decided that their right to use arms shall not be infringed, and it's worked out well for them so far.

So what you people are saying is that Nod's flame tank isn't really a viable weapon?

DID SOMEONE SAY DEMOCRACY!?
youtube.com/watch?v=XAVi99Rwh8g

That thing saved my ass so many times, you don't even understand. It and the actual Firetruck are my favorite weapons in that game.

JUST DROP THE BOMB

flame tanks were never good

I want to be the mortar guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=rU5N9hEjJMI

What games can I be mortar guy?

I was killer with the mortar in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Battleground Europe isn't a great game and I don't want to pay subscription. I'm great with the mortar in Rising Storm but to the point where it's OP and I feel bad using it.

Metal Slug

>real flamethrowers
>shooting out liquid that is on fire
>movie flamethrowers
>shooting out just a flame
evri fucking tim

>I know flame throwers were deemed inhumane but what's stopping for example ISIS from using them?

Because Abu Hajaar will accidentally torch his entire platoon and BBQ is haram.

I believe in terrorismland only allah is allowed to use fire to kill, so a flamethrower would be a no no

ha

F.E.A.R 2

The Firebug shitposting was all because of shitty Firebugs who sprayed too much. If you controlled your bursts and your aim Firebug was easily the best at clearing trash. Sharpshooters were whingy faggots anyway, I actually would put more flame around them to piss them off. If I was playing Support I'd even grab the Trench Gun and just set all their targets alight.

>flamethrower can also throw water
Modern technology is amazing.

KF2

That's unignited fuel you dongus

>Water
what?

Killing Floor had the best one I have encountered.
It not only lobs it's stream of fire properly far, and in a proper water-hose arch, but it has proper recoil as well.
Ro2 and KF2's flamethrowers did away with the recoil, and even though Rising Storm's flamethrower had some reach, it's nowhere near the one in KF.

GTA2
Alien Swarm

Insurgency and Squad

wtf I hate America now !!

i would have thought that would depend on where, as in where on the battlefield, the flamer is used. If you use it as intended, clearing bunkers, the flamer will consume the oxygen in the bunker and lead to suffocation and also preventing fire from catching on as easily if at all. However if you hit someone in the open with it, they're gonna die from burning before anything else, I would have thought?

Daily reminder Americans are still the biggest threat.

I imagine you'd probably strangle long before the fire itself could actually kill you, which is probably a boon.

This. Probably the most realistic flamethrower in terms of range, although i'm not sure if they had that type of range back then.

see Of course if you got set on fucking fire it would kill you, but the majority of deaths (and the reason it was so effective) was due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Then again, the lack of oxygen is an issue for the operator of the flamethrower as well, and people can pass out or even die if too close to a flamethrower being 'shot' for long enough, so I'd assume someone who gets hit by a facefull of napalm would die of the lack of oxygen more than being cooked alive, but no matter what kills them they're still a charred corpse.

Incinerate is shit though. It might be satisfying if it weren't the worst fucking Plasmid by a mile.

yeah, anime really went to shit after the masterpiece that was k-on

BF4.

>hasn't seen the vid where a dude gets burned alive in a cage by isis.

>before k-on
>t&a even with exposed nips sometimes
>after k-on
>attack on titan
man you two are right, k-on must have been the turning point for the worse

This one's worth a mention.

You're joking with this shit right? My current playthrough Incinerate is all I ever use.

>Set target on fire from a distance
>Stay behind cover while they take continuous damage
>Use on Big Daddy to bait them to run towards you and into traps
>Bait other enemies into robots/turrets/cameras
>Instantly makes spider splicers fall off the ceiling and does tons of damage while they slowly stand up

Seriously, why are you NOT using Incinerate? Git gud bro.

God I loved that thing. I used to run around with the FAMAS and that thing attached for maximum butthurt. Great fun.

And Americans have the gall to remind the world every year about 9/11 when shit like this is completely removed from history

Fucking Japs. You cunts were barbarians in WW2. You got what you fucking deserved.

This and The Punisher Arcade Game

ROCKET LAWNCHAIR

Jazz Jackrabbit 2
It literally burn enemies to a crisp

This is false though. RPG's don't have any arming mechanisms. As soon as you take off the safety cap at the tip of the grenade, if the little fuse under it is pressed, shit goes boom.

anyone who's not a total /newfag/ will tell you it's RTCW. absolute madman of a gun.

was the first flamethrower with proper volumetric fire that filled whatever space you were firing it into instead of a fixed cone infront of you.

>readily avaliable online, on youtube no less
>erased from history
>wartime crossfire = peactime civilian attack
don't be that faggot, no on likes
>NEVAR FURGET
types, but don't try to be some edgy 13 year old

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3783943/SAS-sniper-kills-ISIS-executioner-moments-kills-12-hostages.html

>trying to justify something that was basically a dick waving saying "we've got A-bombs, fucking commies"

(You)

>Shoot giant gas tanks with .50 BMG
>It explodes
Wooooow

team fortress tw---lol no tf2's flamethrower is weak as fuck, and aiming it is like waving a wet noodle. buffs when?

those melting eyes annoy the fuck out of me, like I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they don't do THAT. Also half the scenes look like they're getting hit by a tornado instead of an A bomb. Mushroom cloud looked sick as fuck though and it was well animated

>'a source'
>implying flamethrower tanks explode when shot
Thank you daily mail for your movie-esque reality stories.

youtu.be/h3McTHfsLY8

> Highest EVE cost
> Wears off in a few seconds, bees last much longer
> Big Daddies resist fire
> Doesn't work around water

Incinerate is for dumb pryos.

user, explosions push a huge amount of air around them in every direction at very high speeds. A nuke would surely push everything around it away with great force within a certain radius.

Also, it's a nuke. It does melt everything within effective heat dispersion radius, including eyes. That animation seems to picture a near ground-zero scene of the detonation.

The new factorio patch 14.0 changed flamethrowers and fire. Shit great now and actually shoots like a flamethrower instead of a "fire gas gun". Forests burn now so you can clear whole areas fast. Flamethrower turrets are so cash. Tank flamethrower when.

Reminder that this was entirely due to Tojo essentially taking the Emperor hostage. Most of Japan really did want to surrender.

The meme now is to hate cuckmandos now for being really irrelevant and being the shitter trap of "dude machine guns but also rifles" that CoD:GO fags will run to

Just a reminder. This guy doesn't understand why we do use them more often.

Reading about the car one too how the fuck do they do it man? Not only are they difficult shots on their own but the mental stress of knowing that you probably only have one shot and if you miss thats it.

But they do explode when shot. It's one of the main reasons they were used for too long during WWII

pros
>longest range
>no power required
>great damage
cons
>uses valuable oil
>has a minimum range
i fucking love the way factorio devs balance shit and actually make things like the flamer turret worth considering over laser

My first flamethrower in vidia was Serious Sam: Second Encounter. Was so cool.

Num6?

Lazers still need a nerf. Shits too op. It should be more like prism towers in red alert high damage with slow fire rate.

Talk shit about Ian again and I will fucking track you and murder you like the pest you are.

>wartime crossfire
>nukes a city full of civilians instead of attacking actual troops
>but it was during war guys it was ok
>muh pearl harbor
>muh 9/11

yeah laser is just too gud in most circumstances
after enough firing speed upgrades bullets get better dps though

Try it you little twat, that literal who is still a greasy looking cunt.

They don't though, they simply depressurize, unless you got lucky enough to hit a pocket of oxygen, with an incendiary round, and then still be hot enough to actually ignite the material inside the tank. Even then, through all these unlikely circumstances, the flamethrower does not contain material that explodes, it would simply spray all over the place and ignite.

Simply put - that story is 100% horseshit. Using a fucking 'Barrett .50 cal' straight out of cawadoody and from fucking 1500m is absolutely ridiculous, let alone the 'explosion' (from a full flamethrower that needs to kill 12 people) creates a 'huge fireball' which kills the camera crew and operator, but miraculously none of the hostages.

>checking map while off-roading
>see enemy checkpoint ahead on paper
>stop land rover behind boulder far enough to not make noise
>quickly jump from driver's seat to mounted gun
>swivel LMG to face front in case i need to fall back
>jump out back, crouch, head in direction of checkpoint
>stick to tall grass and tree shadows
>crawl up a huge rock to get overwatch
>look around, guards sitting, talking, smoking
>pull out flare pistol, fire first round at propane tank
>it spins, lights dry brush on fire, guards panic
>fire second round at dry brush on west of check point to start fire and cut off enemy
>fire reaches ammo cache, it explodes killing some guards
>ammo cache stops firing off, quickly switch to flame thrower and jump down
>rush checkpoint
>ignite guard that was too panicked to notice me
>he screams, drops his rifle, spins trying to pat himself out, falls, burns to death
>remaining guards know i'm here, use mud huts as cover burn one to death
>other hides behind another hut
>flush him out with a grenade, he runs right into a burst of lit fuel
>watch him faceplant screaming
>listen for vehicle patrols, none, pull map out
>figure out which way i need to head off in, quickly go back for vehicle and move out

Fucking Far Cry 2, best flamethrower, best dindu safari game ever.

Farcry 3 lighting the weed on fire might have been the most fun I have ever had in a vidya.

U N O P T I M I Z E D

The graphics might have been a bit prettier, but I couldn't stand the WUBWUBWUB atmosphere and obnoxious characters.

Plus Aids Skrillex and his shit music ruined that mission for me. I know some people liked it, I just couldn't stand that part.

>dude, weed!
>i'm like sooooo high doing a mission!
>whoa!

>full of civilians

You have no reason to be this ignorant when you have access to the Internet.

when the TF2 team gets off their asses and delivers the Pyro rebalance + new weapons he won in Meat vs Match. So, in a year

EDF has some pretty nice fire-based weapons that you can use to incinerate bugs, the actual technical effect isn't impressive but it has attack helicopters with a turret mounted flame cannon

>he switches from Australia to Americans after I educate him in the last thread
lel
btw no mate they're not shit, unlike the typical retarded cancuck that you are
you're part of the shit ones
that's what pissed me off about flamethrowers before, I haven't played factorio in a while but I made a flamethrower and I recall being rather disappointed about the way it worked in that game

Overwatch killed tf2 bruh.

atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_September_11_attacks

The Purifier is the most satisfying weapon in the game.

They where shit before 14.0. Now it's amazing. Upload the beta and try it out. Forest fires are pretty coold also.

Military targets vs. tallest buildings in Manhattan

Plus, I don't recall the religion of peace dropping flyers in English for a week in advance warning civilians to leave the vicinity of the towers.

Killzone 2's flamethrower is different than most since it spews liquid flame, but the constant writhing really shows just how horrible it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=O9thTo7B-7U

dropped warning leaflets well in advance
more civillians would have died if there was a land invasion
the nukes almost didn't end the war
nihoniggers killed thousands of their own civillians

Winblows vs Loonixfags flame war

tf2 playercount barely even changed following the release of OW, it remained the third most played game on Steam w/positive reviews. OW is marketed to the PG13 League of Legends crowd, different audience.

No sir, TF2 killed itself with the stupid changes to pubs in MYM. THAT fucked its playercount down to fourth most played and bad reviews.

and now most of those issues have been fixed and TF2 is third most played with positive reviews again.

OW is a shit game with low skill ceiling/floor, bad dialogue, shit level design, and less content. Only redeeming feature is the tits and ass, and I don't need to buy your game to fap to it.

I think bees are more satisfying, I had no use for incinerate, it was pretty shit.
Lightning bolt master race.

>At the time of its bombing, Hiroshima was a city of both industrial and military significance...Hiroshima was a minor supply and logistics base for the Japanese military, but it also had large stockpiles of military supplies.[110] The city was also a communications center, a key port for shipping and an assembly area for troops.[75] It was a beehive of war industry, manufacturing parts for planes and boats, for bombs, rifles, and handguns

>The city of Nagasaki had been one of the largest seaports in southern Japan, and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials. The four largest companies in the city were Mitsubishi Shipyards, Electrical Shipyards, Arms Plant, and Steel and Arms Works, which employed about 90% of the city's labor force, and accounted for 90% of the city's industry.

>full of civilians

If America wanted to tear nips apart, they'd just nuke Tokyo. You think they just pulled Nagasaki and Hiroshima out of a hat?

say one more bad thing about ian and you're fucking getting it

Killing Floor 1. To a lesser extent KF2. Bad Company 2 Vietnam although its kind of weak.

>tfw Cred Forums has to educate leftist trash because they get their world views from late night comedians who pretend americans were terrorists in ww2

Payday 2.

where does time go

GTA 2
KILL FRENZY

This. Especially against undead.