PSA: HLD is finally playable boys

steamcommunity.com/games/257850/announcements/detail/580226743110138539

As of Tuesday, Hyper Light Drifter supports 60fps on steam.

Good enough reason for me to reinstall and finally finish the this beautiful game.

HLD general?

lmao you're a fucking snob but at least you're about to enjoy a good game. Have fun, user.

Man think of all the time they could've saved if they did this in the first place

Are those things supposed to be reminiscent of evangelions? Or perhaps the warriors from Nausicaa?

This post made me laugh real good.
>nice job waiting to play this game idiot. Now you get to enjoy it at the standards you set for yourself. I truly hope you enjoy yourself, faggot

asuka>rei

Evas are based on the ancient warriors from Nausicaa anyway (Anno was a key animator for the movie)

Aren't they pretty much traced from a shot in 2.22?

Isn't this game short as all hell?

I think its supposed to be a nod to column A and a nod to column B honestly.

from what I've seen of HLD, the art directions kind of top shelf, personally speaking

I know that.

Asuka feels their plight!

Yeah, looks very much like a scene near the end of 2.22.

Coopy Writ. Hidooki Anno will sue them for all they have.

I had a lot of fun with this game, but I got it on console for the convenience of some other people in my life.

I already thought it was well worth a play, but this news is even better.

So the game finally becomes tolerable for PC Mayster Ray-see.

>tfw HLD threads always turns into eva threads

I thought the engine itself prevented 60 fps? Did they port it to some other engine?

obvious fucking shill thread

anime cucks

>Watching upscaled Eva
>In the Year of Our Lord 2016

What are you doing, user?

First time I'm seeing this game. I just couldn't help but see the connection from that screenshot.

Shame the game is really fucking short and weapon balance is kinda ass.

I have to hand it to the devs for putting in what seems like a mountain of work to fix their fuckup and deliver what they should have from the start.

Correct

Honestly I never really understood Cred Forums's problem with HLD's 30 fps lock in the beginning.I completed,It was still fun to play and for a pixel game like this,30fps wasn't very noticeable

It's beyond me how people actually managed to play a fast paced game at 30 fps without throwing up.

How many of you fags have the 800 dash challenge?
How many have you done in a row?

You are a fag

i got to 100 but i just used mouse + kb to cheese it.

1000*

Because 30 fps looks like complete shit and gives you a headache if you've been playing at 60-120+ for years. You either play most games on console or have bad eye sight if you can't see why people disliked 30 fps.

It was also the fact that the devs claimed they could NEVER make the game run at 60 fps because they'd have to ''rewrite the entire code'', which was bullshit and they were just lazy fucks. Now all of a sudden it's possible, wow.

they had to rewrite every scenario for this update
it took them months
they're not lazy fucks :v

It was either a bad excuse or they're plain stupid.

there was a lot of code that was tied to the refresh rate and i believe the developer initially made it 30fps to save money and time, but due to outcry started rewriting every scenario to fix it.
Not a bad excuse, they put a lot of work into it, and they were plain stupid since they were using game maker in the first place.
still the game is so much more enjoyable at 60 now, about to go back into it and finish it.

You can't say that.
It's not because they said "we reworked on 115 thousands of lines of codes" that it is necessary true, they could very much lie.

Don't worry, there are already fuckheads asking them to redo it again with uncapped frame rates. The game was fine and now it's even better, is that not enough?