Angels can be corrupted and turned evil. Many of them have been

>Angels can be corrupted and turned evil. Many of them have been.
>There are no demons that have been turned good.
What's the deal with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

g.e-hentai.org/g/527421/e673bd3846/
exhentai.org/g/527421/e673bd3846/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No hymen, no diamond.

Good/bad is like protein folding.

Demons are in their ground state already, or at least something close to it. Angels are in a valley, sure, but far from the lowest energy level. All they need is a push and they fall like clouds don't.

It's like entropy. It only goes one way.

>Died to butterflys

It depends on what religion you're reading.

Lilith was a good demon.

Probably to convey the power of darkness, that is can corrupt the pure while the divine cannot do the opposite, and hence set up the holy lightness as the story's underdog
Not unheard of though

Angels become proud, arrogant villains who still hold themselves as more noble and superior.

Demons become gruff, no-nonsense anti-heroes who just get on with saving the world. If a kitten is trapped in a tree, they will cut down the tree and safely catch the cat. They'll pet it, hand it back to the owner and tell the owner to be less stupid and look after their pets better, even if the owner is a child.

Mostly to highlight a feeling of hopelessness, games featuring stuff like that usually have a grimdark aesthetic where they want you to feel like a lone hero struggling against insurmountable evil and shit.

bad writing

Now imagine the world of 500 BC Judah

>died to butterflies

It's implied that Jesus saved all creation, even the Fallen Angels.

I think D3 is the best ARPG, but it feels stuck in stasis right now, and they'd be best just doing D4 to get a 'fresh' restart.

Sparda,Dante,Donte

>using fucking protein folding as a metaphor

nigger metaphors are to make things easier to understand, not harder. You're talking to 15 year olds and Cred Forumscucks, dumb it down a little please

I also should of said [current] ARPG, because D2 > D3, but D1 is best Diablo.

>counting dante and donte when theyre mudbloods

then Sparda, HAPPY?

>D1 is best Diablo.
this, D1 > D2 > D3. Though RoS is pretty decent

Being corrupted by evil is one of the most tried tropes of literature/entertainment/film/anything. So writing for it is incredibly easy and finding people who understand it is shooting fish in a barrel.

Writing a complex plot that differs significantly from the same stories people have been hearing their entire lives is a risk that most aren't willing to take. It's lame, yes, but so it goes.

Starkiller became good.

Once you go black...

>Good/bad is like protein folding.
>Demons are in their ground state already, or at least something close to it. Angels are in a valley, sure, but far from the lowest energy level. All they need is a push and they fall like clouds don't.
So if we increase the urea concentration, then all Angels will assume a Demon configuration, whereas if we remove urea then the Demons will turn back into Angels?
Or are we talking about non-reversibles, like aggregation and auto-lysis?

Angels are 100% black tho.

This is an excellent question, i can't recall a single demon in fiction being redeemed.

Because the alignment turn must be willing. It is much easier to temp a person with lust, greed, whatever than it is to get someone to give those things up. All it takes is one slip up to open the door to a potential fall. But to get someone to climb up, lock themselves down with rules, and give up things they may like? Extremely difficult.

Good side is shit.

There's SPARDA faggot

Satan was redeemed. He was an asshole at first and then he just became a manager for all the shitty souls that God didn't want. Think about it. He's helping God out by taking in all those shitheads.

It can be done with the power of love.

It's because god is a petty cunt and will never accept someone back into his ranks
So once you are out you stay out no matter what happens

She may not be capital G Good but Lawful Neutral is still pretty impressive for a demon.

I think it's more like a prion disease.
One bad apple will corrupt another, and then they both keep corrupting and it spreads from there.

cool fanfiction NIGGER

So I want to get into the Diablo games, mostly for the story because it seems to be the best written Blizzard IP

But how important is the first game? Because it seems that not even Blizzard are selling it, and how are the books.

Satan isn't bad and never fell

There is no God. Everyone with a brain knows that. I'm just saying that Satan redeemed himself by performing a service for God after they had a falling out, as is my interpretation of the story.

Should I make a food analogy so you can understand it?

Demons are rotting meat. Angels are steak.

Nigger, Satan isn't Hell's manager, he's a prisoner just like the rest

Demons fall on the ground
not hell

How do you figure?

Stories where evil characters unJUST themselves are great.

because being a demon and evil is more fun.
Being true pure is boring as hell.

Being even 1% evil and 99% pure is still considered demon.

>god makes angels
>god makes man
>angels hate man
>satan tries to kill man
>god says lol no and exiles satan to hell
>gives satan all the humans he could ever want to torture

christian lore 101: satan aka lucifer rebelled because he was butthurt about god creating humanity and considering them his favorite, he hates humans with all his being and nothing you do will win you any favors with satan
right now he grabs souls which reject god to fuck them up, and after the end of the world all the wicked, both human and demon, will be thrown into the lake of fire to suffer

never played SMT?

Redemption stories in general are fucking fantastic, and vidya need to do more of them.

Especially if the redeemed character dies in the end. Because then the internet will REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE over you having to play as his kid in the post-story free roam.

ok so theres one

But isn't Satan also the one who tests your faith in the lord?

or was that Hebrew lore 101

who is this literal semen demon?

>satan aka lucifer

Ummm, you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

thanks pal

>satan aka lucifer
Nope, try again. And stop reading Paradise Lost.

>what is filename
Fall-From-Grace, a succubus, courtesan, and possible party member in Planescape: Torment.

She was my waifu before I knew what waifus were.

It's all the same lore in the end. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

It's much easier to be tempted and brought into a downward spiral than it is to recover from one. Think of it like heroin addiction; angels just need a shot of that to go wild for it, while demons have been sucking dick to get their fix for years.

Demons usually make for good anti-heroes, though.

Once you go black, you never go back

there are heroes on both sides. evil is everywhere

Yes, hello?

>EY YO GURL WASSUP?
*smacks tome
>HOLD IT DOWN AND LISTEN TO YOUR BOY
*starts identifying items
>I'M FINNA TELL YOU ABOUT ANGELS AND SHEIIIT
*starts waving gang signs
>WE
*smacks lips
>WUZ
*smacks fingers
>NEPHILIM
*turns pages
>AND SHEIIIIT

the whole point of being corrupted by evil is that being evil offers you power, wealth, or fame in exchange for simply being evil. Being good, conversely, requires you to give up your power, wealth, or fame simply to be good.

It's not that angels turned evil, but that in the pursuit of some goal they went too far.

When was he redeemed?

When he prevented the apocalypse for the 3rd time.

Arent nefelim children of Angles and Not horrible daemons in diablo lore.

They're Angel/Demon hybrids.

/thread.

Shame that there's so much purification bullshit instead of actual believable and human redemption.

Because he's supposed to be tortured in hell like everyone else you god damn idiot

Hataraku Maou-sama!

>When was he redeemed?

Why is he "supposed to"? How do you know he isn't enjoying himself with all the sinners? How do you know he hasn't changed his mind on hating humans and hasn't decided to hold beer and poker nights with them?

That shit ruined Final Fantasy IV for me.
>Oh cool, we will see how this Dark Knight tries to redeem himself for his previous actions.
>Lol no, just fight with the mirror to turn into a good guy.

I don't know, you try having fun while you're burning up in a lake of fire.

Didn't Lilith got gud in the Diablo universe? I haven't played D3 yet but I heard something about her marrying an angel and creating Sanctuary.

Yeah, as if any fire burns for that long. Also remember that there is 7 circles of hell. The first circle is sort of like a 3 star hotel and is meant for people who didn't believe in God, but were otherwise righteous.

Only in modern fiction, in old texts they were children of angels and human women.

I don't remember Dante's Inferno being part of Christian or Hebrew canon.

>Yeah, as if any fire burns for that long.
Well if we're going to assume that angels and demons and God exists why not everything else in the book?

>7 circles of hell
Literally Dante's fanfic

they already canned D4 for a new franchise and D3 is getting a new expac

It's as true as anything else in the bible.

I don't get it.

but that's like pulling out whatever fanfiction is most popular online while discussing a game, there is official material and there is a fantasy of an unaffiliated writer

It's more like fanfic. It's a good fanfic but it has canon and continuity problems.

Dante's Inferno is the only fanfic that's better than the source material.

It's called Divine Comedy (or just Comedy, per Dante's wishes), divided into three parts - Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.
Dante's Inferno is a video game based on the first part.
There were 9 circles of Hell, so I don't know why you people say 7.

>Pic from Diablo

I'm a little rusty on my Dib-dab lore, but doesn't a demon stop being a bitch and basically marry an angel and have his babies in the backstory of that?

I don't know it that counts.

fanfic mind

is Hellboy a comedy or what?

kinda

Don't kill!
No harm!
Me good demon!
Me no threat!
Me help!
Come later, me make something useful!

g.e-hentai.org/g/527421/e673bd3846/
>you will never fuck a demon so hard your holy seed purifies her and turns her into a pure white angel

She fell in love and had sex with an angel. Then when her children grew powerful she killed every demon and angel on sanctuary to monopolize her hold over them, to serve as her army, and take over both heaven and hell.

Universal Reconciliation?

>nu-blizzard games

Nothing makes sense bro. Just go back and play Diablo 1.

/tg/ is way ahead of you with lawful hot dickings, Cred Forums.

But when a thinking creature reaches a state of final corruption, it's reasonable to assume that it will eventually become un-corrupted, given enough time. You can tempt someone with lust and greed and such, but that means they'll also be susceptible to different forms of "corruption" whilst in the new state due to sin becoming a form of normalcy, eventually leading to a new equilibrium within a non-polar ethical/moral axis.

Ruining delicious brown demon girls is horrible anyway.

Dante and Donte are half-demon/half-angel

>Dante
Dante's half-demon. His mom was a human witch.

>virgins can become non-virgins
>non-virgins can't become virgins

What's the deal?

>g.e-hentai
Do you suck dicks?

That's like saying "what if there were good Muslims"?

>We are 100% black.
>Me too.

It's easier to fall off a cliff than it is to climb a mountain

exhentai.org/g/527421/e673bd3846/
Happy now?

Has god himself ever been mentioned in diablo?

Considering nathrezim are natural demons, Lothraxion was corrupted by Light

It's a known fact that being evil is way more fun.

A delicious brown demon girl gets un-browned, so no, i'm not happy

This
Just like it's easier to destroy than to create.

You have to pick once and for all, Cred Forums.

Chocolate or vanilla? The one you don't choose gets her eyes sliced open and her heart ripped out and shoved into a faggy, whiny high schooler.

Christian Morality generally does not offer redemption during lifetime outside of martyrdom. Many fall during their lives, but redemption for the fallen happen in their death.

There was no reason why Vader couldn't have turned to Luke's side in EP5 and spend the sixth movie as a good guy. Yet, Lucas though it more convincing that he saw the light only in the end. Funny how the cultural baggage works.

I like chocolate, but i don't hate vanilla. Why you gotta do this?

All the more reason to hope none of its real.

DUDE.
CORRUPTION.
LMAO.

Because Illya can never have a happy ending.

It's kinda understandable from their perspective. Why would God create an inferior race when his servants have served him loyally since the beginning? Why would he favor these lesser things when the angels are images of perfection?
Also, Lucifer is not in charge of Hell. He and his demons are still on Earth, and it will be in the days of Armageddon when the legions of the damned are finally plunged into the fiery lake for their damnation.

>What's the deal with that.

Can't speak for other countires, but in America it has to do with American cultural attitude in general towards ideas like redemption and forgiveness. If you commit a serious crime, it will be held against you - this is seen as natural and expected, because criminals should be ostracized and watched. But in this kind of society, becoming once more part of the 'group', so to speak, is exceedingly difficult (if not impossible in some cases).

So when you have a demon that spent years doing demon shit like, I don't know, eating souls or whatever, it's much harder for the average player to wrap their head around the idea that the character can become 'good' and should be treated differently. As such, those kinds of storylines often get poor reactions from focus testing groups. So writers tend to avoid them.

But the inverse (good guy becoming bad) often gets favorable reactions - another odd aspect of American culture is the desire to believe that people (especially celebrities) have dark secrets or committed cruel acts sometime in the past. Look at all the shit about Elvis Presley, even decades later.

He's only somewhat good because he can't use his power to full extent, the original intent was to conquer this world.

>Why would God create an inferior race when his servants have served him loyally since the beginning?

Because man is created in His image.

yes, it got separated in two beings one good and one bad, then those separated into greater evils and angels.
Stupid I know.

There was that one in Supernatural that wanted to bone the angel.

Mythologically there are, unfortunately the lesser key of Solomon also goes on to state their belief that being good will get them back in the graces of heaven are misplaced.

Also in addition to Sparda should be Trish and Lucia, though Lucia was a case of forgetfulness.

>God is omnipotent
>Doesn't see Lucifer rebelling

Christians and Muslims can't even get their own stories straight

Demon: the Fallen was a fun tabletop RPG.

You could play as a sickass demon that is kind of 'redeemed' by virtue of getting its own memories, values and beliefs mixed with that of a human.

God plays the long game, yo.

There's Arushalae from Pathfinder, a succubus who was basically mind raped by the goddess of dreams and became non-evil.

>the lesser key of Solomon also goes on to state their belief that being good will get them back in the graces of heaven are misplaced.
Those poor demons.

>satan aka lucifer
Those are two different guys

Which means he knew from day one Lucifer would rebel so Lucifer is just basically god's bitch boy doing his dirty work for him in a battle he'll never win.

And a human worked that out yet we're meant to believe billions of years old entities haven't yet.

>there are people who don't know that Lucifer refers to Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon

spill some wine on white carpet, try to get it out.

That's about how it works

Are you suggesting redemption stories are risky?

The freedom of evil is absolute freedom. You are not totally free when you're good.

Except satan isnt torturing souls in hell, hes experiencing the same as everyone else down there.

Reminder that god is a tyrant

You are not completely free when you're evil either. Because your evil actions will cause others to act against you and censor you.

The absolute true freedom you speak of is neutrality found in Buddhist scripts through complete lack of desire.

Spawn?

>Buddhist

ty