Nier/DOD time

Nier/DOD time.

After it was mentioned in a previous thread I looked for it and here it is. So that means there will be grimoires?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W0IWB6qEn9o&index=4&list=PL8DDD2D047A076DC8
youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o
youtube.com/watch?v=jF8R9sAyrwc
youtube.com/watch?v=yAfw2snqTn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That or Pods have some magical capabilities too.

Maybe the pods have grimoires stuffed in them

That would be interesting. It wasn't that actually there was 13 grimoires or something like that?

So, do you think we will get to this boss fight in the demo?

Holy shit, I thought you were lying last thread, user. I didn't see those in the Platinum devblogs for Automata. Where did you get this?

Also why did the thread get archived too early?

Famitsu scans from way back.

Apparently that's a "charge attack"; when you wind up melee attacks by holding the button down for long enough, they do spells. At least if my nippleknees is as good as I think.

Pods are artificial grimoires just like YoRHa androids are artificial humans and MLFs are artificial Emils

I think yes, originally there were 13 grimoires including Weiss, Noir, and Rubrum.

>implying we'll get the demo in the West

>implying Nier Automata isn't being made with the west in mind

They've mentioned SEVERAL times that Platinum was chosen in part because they have even bigger appeal in the west than in Japan, and nobody announces a Steam release of a game targeted toward the Japanese market because nips don't into pc.

We'll get the demo. It may have Japanese audio if the dubbing isn't finished yet, but we'll get the demo

It seems you're right. Found this in the nier2 site.

I hope so, user. Even if it's PS4 only, at least people will get a good feel for the game.

How the hell do you keep a war going for more than 5000 years? Either aliens or humans should've realized by now that it's a fucking waste of time and it's taking nowhere, right?
From where do they even get the resources to keep a war going for that long anyway?
And where the hell is Beepy, he could've stopped all of this a long time ago, instead he just fucked off to space. Something isn't right.

It wasn't a continuous war but a series of wars across 5000 years.

Beepy fucked off to space, but he's the mystery character right?

The mystery character is probably related to the whole “forgotten truth of the world” mentioned in the summary. He also seems antagonistic given his only line in the pre TGS PV.

it's possible. or it may be related to the aliens, or hell, maybe even something semi drakengard related, with the legion, red eyes and shit.

When he went to space the aliens were already on Earth?

What's up with this scene in the trailer? Are they seriously killing 9S off, and showing the players in the trailer?

Yeah, when he escapes the Junk Heap he encounters roboaliens and robowaifus fighting, until he embraces them in his robolove.

It's Yoko Taro, you never know what to expect of him. Remember how all the trailers of Nier had little to none info about the story and suddenly the intro went full spoilerific.

Something about a few moments after their descent to earth i guess.

>9s, your skin looks so smooth... i want to touch it.
>hey, sis, stop it, seriously! we have a mission, your desires can wait until later!

Also, the mech. Will we get to ride that? Where is the main hub/village anyway?

It would be fun if we get actual shmup sections with that flying thing.

bump

That would be neat, maybe we get to use it in the final boss as a surprise.

Post your favorite NieR tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=W0IWB6qEn9o&index=4&list=PL8DDD2D047A076DC8

I really like this. Though really, every track is fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o

The moment this played at the fountain I knew I was going to love the soundtrack. I hope the piano arrangement for Song of the Ancients used in the announcement trailer makes it in.

youtube.com/watch?v=jF8R9sAyrwc

The "mech" is a modified F-15 used as landing gear for orbital drops, which we know from the concert footage.

I absolutely expect, given that this is a Taro x Platinum game, for there to be mini-stages where you fly the landing gear, either in the Star Fox style or the 2D shmup style (or both)

And suddenly not only plays better than FFXV and Scalebound, but also Star Fox Zero. It would be hilarious.

>Square makes a shmup-inspired game about moon soldiers flying down to earth in complex wingsuit-mech-ships
I swear to god if there's no nod to Einhander I will flip out.

So I started playing Drakengard because Automata looked cool and I wanted to get into this series. What the fuck IS this game?

>What the fuck IS this game?
Is that a good or bad reaction?

It's something

I don't know anymore

It's an anti-game. It plays bad, clunky and boring because that's the point, killing thousands of human beings is insane and should not be fun. It's a really messed up and unique experience. It's the worst best game in PS2.

How's the combat then, senpai? Is it soul crushingly bad? I'd like to go and play the PS2 games but I wonder if I'm better off just reading about it.

I think it's pretty fun so far actually, am I not avant-garde enough for this shit?

>I think it's pretty fun so far
How is this possible

It's like turning insane. Take a look at the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAfw2snqTn0

That's good, you're getting into Caim's mindset of murder fucking everything.

D A M A G E D

Playing the original NieR and just finished Halua/No.6.

Holy shit this game.

Not him but I actually had a decent amount of fun until main missions started going from 5 minutes long, to 40 fucking minutes without checkpoints.

Being underleveled because fuck sidequests didn't help either, but the gameplay itself was kind of enjoyable, specially Dragon combat.

You are entering into the best part. Well, actually that's New Game+.

Do you believe Taro will actually give us a "happy ending"?

He said he would