Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's your beef?

Nintendo has always seemed to love putting gimped console games on their handhelds.

>No looking up stages
>Not as many building options
>"B-But it's Mario Maker on 3DS how can you hate that?"
It's the textbook definition of a lazy port when they can't even bother to implement all the features, Mario Maker is not that complex that it NEEDS the hardcore processing power of a fucking Wii U of all things for the full experience.

the 3DS version will not have the ability to share stages created online. You cannot look up other stages with a code.

gutted features for no good reason beyond trying to placate wii u owners

wait, what?
can you only make stages for yourself? can't get other people's stages, is that what you're saying?

>No online functionality when that was practically the major selling point besides the stage making

Why fucking bother? No one outside of Japan is going to get any use out of the stage builder-sharing thing.

The only "sharing" you can do is letting someone else finish the stage you're working on via download play, if memory serves me.

I'll download and play this.
I won't however get it on Wii u because it's too much and can't be pirated.

>fakku juu just go outside and use the suturiitu passu functionality :^)
Japs assume way too much that every settlement in the world is an overpopulated otaku shithole

wow, that almost entirely defeats the point of the game

It's allowed because it's super cheap to port and is an easy cash grab.

It makes sense for it to be on 3DS

There is no problem

Though if NX is the hyrbrid, we won't need to keep getting these split console games

Except
>No sharing levels
>No searching for levels
>Only thing you can do is send level schematics to people nearby with download play
They somehow did even less than the bare minimum of what they needed to do and yet they're going to charge $40 like they're doing everyone a goddamn favor.

No, Nintendo just thinks of Japan first when designing anything. Nintendo of America just adds memes and censors anything "problematic."

Hell, the old suits in Japan didn't want America to ever get Super Smash Bros, they couldn't care less about round-eye.

>almost
You spelled "completely" wrong.

>Mystery Mushroom/Amiibo costumes are a "Wii U exclusive feature"

What the fuck for? You released another 3DS model that can use amiibo AND you released that little platform thing so older 3DS users can use them too.

Is it that memory-clogging to throw in 100+ pixel characters?

It's lame as hell, but it absolutely works. Why do you think Resident Evil 4 is still being ported to new consoles after a decade?

You can still play the 100 Mario challenge which gets its levels online. You just can't play individual levels with a code presumably because some levels are not compatible with the 3DS version and Nintendo is too lazy to sort that shit out.

Because it's a 2D game. All of the 3D models are converted to sprite animations even on Wii U.

>because some levels are not compatible with the 3DS version and Nintendo is too lazy to sort that shit out.
It's a port. What the fuck is the problem? Can't they just force mystery mushrooms as normal mushrooms and be done?

They want to enforce "localized sharing", meaning sharing with your friends in person.

Only that doesn't work outside of Japan and I think NoA knows it.

Except Resident Evil 4 didn't lose it's key features from the original gamecube version when it was ported to other platforms.

"Just lower quality presentation and performance on PS2"

Without online sharing features there's no point for this version to exist outside of japan.

Of course. Japan has more closely knit communities so shit like Streetpass works.

It doesn't in the US.

normal mushrooms give you a bigger hitbox, but they are fucking lazy; they could have added a mystery mushroom that kept your small hitbox but gave you the effects

Probably has to do with not being able to show as many stage elements on shitty hardware as the levels in the Wii U version sometimes have.

if they can detect what levels are suitable for the 100 mario challenge, i wonder what's stopping them from just filtering out levels deemed too intensive for the 3ds

True, I'm not defending them being lazy shits. Just making an educated guess to why some levels would not work in a port of the same game.

You can't search by ID but you can play Recommended shared stages by your likes

I'm okay with less features as regards making levels but not able to play and browse every level is just shitty

How is being slightly social a bad thing for otaku? There are many issues with the group but that definitely isn't one of them.

You can share levels via Streetpassing.

No, this is not a joke.

Or they could have just, I dunno, put in mystery mushrooms.

it's not like the 3DS isn't amiibo compatible or anything.

>tfw 2DS fag

Suck it nerds

>tfw no fucking online sharing
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking with this shit?

again they're emphasizing local sharing with your friends, which of course is done with the japanese onry in mind.

>Why is this allowed?
>Why is this allowed?
Why is this allowed?

>tfw can't complain because I'm getting it for free

I already have the Wii U version but I'd get the 3DS version in a heartbeat if they add the possibility to transfer levels from and to the Wii U.

>>tfw can't complain because I'm getting it for free
>I won't however get it on Wii u because it's too much and can't be pirated.

Piratefags btfo. lol

I pirate all my 3DS shit so idgaf

but you can easily pirate on wiiU these days

>pirate on wiiU these days
Can you use online, too?

On the legit you have yes, but Im not sure about pirated ones(only thing I know that on NSLU miiverse functionality doesn't work(it gives error code)), and your profile on friends list shows you playing mii maker).

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Why do Americans never get the yellow cases?

If you can't use online on a pirated copy of SMM, then it is almost as if you're playing the 3DS version.

It's because of the way American brains work.

How else are you supposed to make it run on such weak hardware?

Perhaps the Wii U would have been more successful if Nintendo wouldn't keep porting it's exclusives to the 3DS.