Dark souls 2 is a good game

>dark souls 2 is a good game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZkZzov2hoo
youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is. Don't get why people keep saying its bad.

Its the least liked of the series, I get that. But it isn't a bad game.

It's a good game

It's a mediocre souls game

It makes my friend fucking livid because his mage can't be a god of damage anymore and I laugh my ass off at him

It's mostly cherished by PvP fags, as if that can enjoyable in a series with epic lagstabs and roll-offs.

What a game.

High-level PvP was much more fun in DaS1, even with all the broken shit it had.

>It's a good game
Not with that AI.

Not with those graphics.

Not with those combat mechanics.

Not with that netcode.

Not with that story.

This applies to every single Souls game.

Dem detail.

>It makes my friend fucking livid because his mage can't be a god of damage anymore

Which is one of the best things about it, magic is a tool rather than a method of avoiding combat.

Without a fucking doubt the worst, and I had the displeasure of playing it on console on release. The experience was so fucking bad, never again have I actually playing the main game since then. I cheat engined all my PvP and DLC characters for the first time in my life.

I want to finish DS2 but I still haven't. I'm at Drangleic castle right now. How much farther do I have to go?

gorgeous

I don't see a problem

It's good but it had great potential that was wasted

>Dark Souls 2 apologists

Farther than you think, especially if you got the DLC

Fug. How many hours without DLC

DaS2 is pretty bad, yeah.

SotFS however is one of the best games out there.

SotFS fixed fucking nothing.

name how Dark Souls III was superior without listing soul memory or ADP, I'll wait because you can't.

Try better with your bait. You have to put effort into it, user.

Level design. You have to be blind to not see the difference.

>there were good games in 2016

>playing it for first time
>go kill some dudes throwing me shit
>need to jump and since no way out of that room
>die 4 times to first boss due to perfectly done hitbox
>dying to trash after rolling out of range
i'm loving it with every fiber of my being
>started 1 of february of 2015
>just killed first boss because i didn't feel like playing it since it feels so shitty

It's the best out of the souls games, yes. Bloudbourne is slightly better.

10-20?

>reaching that point with zero estus or healing stones when it's literally two rooms away from a bonfire.
>thinks he has any right to complain.

I'm going to need a sauce on that, sir.

burned all healing stones and
ended doing the whole zone+boss without healing or estus flasks because i didn't saw that whore at maluja
also i jumped from less height before and died so not like being full hp would have made a difference

Opinion. I thought the Shaded Woods and Drangleic Castle were boss. DS III had it's share of garbage areas like the entirety of Farron Keep.

shitter

>also i jumped from less height before and died

Well, you would be wrong, then.

I actually enjoyed Farron keep because I just used replenishment and my blessed weapons to counteract the poison meme, enabling me to focus on fighting goatmen. Sure there are better areas but its boss is one of the best in the game.

>Farron Keep
>Any underground dungeon area

It's good to have variety, but I despised entering those parts of the games and always rush past them on any replay. But Farron Keep especially is annoying.

It is though. It's just the weakest in the series.

kek

DS2 graphics and level composition are hilarious as fuck and the closer you look the worse it gets.

My favorite fuck up is still the copypasted shit jar from DS1 that they put everywhere in the firekeeper's home.

But it gets even better:
The same jar is in the Lost Bastille right next to a statue that looks like as if it's covered with shit.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone would come up with some retarded lore to this.

Yes it is. Very good. Thanks for noticing!

Just completed DS1. Should I go straight to DS3?

>taking the pvp in any Souls game seriously

>giult
That's how you know a nigger made this

Just play 2 and then 3, they both have things they do poorly and things they do great.

The problems with DS2:
>Soul memory
>Some covenants are garbage, as always
>Only cracked orbs
>Map/lore consistency

And that's pretty much it. Every other element is either on par with other Souls games or surpasses them.

>giant overhead swing
>not even a cloud of dust when it lands

what does 3 do great

Is that no stamina issue somehow bound to that mace?
One of the red phantoms inside that statue in Iron Keep is also armed with one and attacks WAY faster and relentless than he should be.

You forgot how most of the level design is just boxy rooms with a shitload of enemies.

There's no varied challenge design, just a fucking shitload of challenge.

PvE, level design, soundtracks, bosses, never drops down in quality(doesn't feel rushed)

More of them show up each month it seems. But ds2 is actually pretty bad

If DaS2 world & level design is so shitty then why did DaS3 copy it?

The world is literally converging into a single point, that explains the lava castle being over the windmill.

>Unpatched
>Faith has the tools needed to carry you towards the endgame
>Patched
>Nerf damage for no reason even if you where forced to juggle the Emit Force and Lightning Bolts because of enemy resistances

i thought the general consensus was that 3 was bad, is this just contrarian shitposting?

Look at this well done boss.

>i thought the general consensus was that 3 was bad, is this just contrarian shitposting?

Welcome to Cred Forums enjoy your stay

Gargoyle horde was a amazing boss.
Just not a boss for the faint of heart

Imagine how good this game could of been if the series didn't get infected by PC memery.

I hope it's good because I'm finishing a playthrough of Dark Souls 1 on Xbox One and was thinking of actually picking up 2 when I'm finished. I'll wait for a price drop for 3 because these games seem to stay popular years after they come out so I don't see a reason to drop a ton of cash on them.

usually there is some positive discussion inbetween the shitposting, whereas with 3 i've only ever seen negative.

No, it's bad. It's a convoluted mess with over half of the bosses being hard for bullshit reasons, and a number of enemy encounters in the game also being bullshit. It's full of bullshit way more than the other games.

Dark Souls 2 exposes why these games are really just "decent" games, except what makes the others better is the very fragile, small difference that comes in having a much better, less convoluted art direction, and less bullshit thrown into the mix.

Just summon players/NPCs if you can't solo the group fight bosses user. It's okay no one will know you aren't as good as you want to believe you are.

>d-do i fit in yet guys?

>Don't get why people keep saying its bad.

Those "people" are exclusively contrarian Cred Forumsirgins.

Most of them are so desperate to fit in that they will regurgitate any meme they see on this board. This thread is a great example.

>DS2: tears of denial was timer based as to not be super OP
>DS3: "we want the autistic child audience"
Tears of Denial and the Hornet Ring should be removed from DS3. There is so much they fucked up in DS3 but those make PVP almost unplayable
What a fucking letdown DS3 was

>Nerf damage for no reason even if you where forced to juggle the Emit Force and Lightning Bolts because of enemy resistances

What was wrong with faith post nerf? I played a faith build recently and I had a fine time. Lightning, great lighting and heavenly thunder typically left a small chunk of health on bosses and would make strong enemies really easy to deal with.

Is the problem that you have to use your weapon at all?

No more so than other Souls games. Shrine of Amana is my favorite area in any souls game.

What's wrong with fighting shitloads of gargoyles? Managing the DPS/aggro of multiple gargoyles was fun, even if you're in a party.

Honestly my biggest complaint about DaS2 is how fucking ugly it is. It is by far the worst looking game in the franchise.

Honestly that was one of the better fights in 2. Much better then big armor guy #456.

It's hit and miss. Some areas look gorgeous, others look like fucking shit

>What was wrong with faith post nerf?
Faith already was balanced around the fact you couldn't use it as a melee tool. And both Emit Force and Lightning Spear has extreme cast time with little to no homing.
Unlike Soul Arrow which had fuck all for cast time.

Well, at the least even post nerf, everything still did damage.
Unlike Faggot Souls 3 where nothing but Long Sword deals damage.
>Play Faggot Souls 3
>Try a mage build
>Get to Deacons
>Great Soul Sword deals no damage for insane mana cost
>None of the spells pieces, meaning you can't deal with the Congregation without Great Magic Weapon a non shit weapon
>Try Faith
>First Faith Tome for non shit spells is super far into the game

Just make a DS3 PVP build instead of crying about how you're not good at PVP using the same build you used to be OP in DS1 user.

I swear all the DS3 hate on this board comes from PVP-fags who got their fee fees hurt that they can't win with the same boring tactics they always used before.

Are you just really bad at videogames or something? The Deacons had high magic resist. Use something other than magic on them you idiot dweeb.

>boxy rooms with a shitload of enemies

I can't help but feel as if the large mobs also contribute to the weightless feel of the combat.
You're cutting through four/five enemies at the same time with the same swing and it just feels like you just sliced through some pieces of paper.

I just cant finish it. Dropped it halfway and replayed ds3 again. I just cant stand this empty and boring locations with hordes of slow but sponge enemies. Bosses are worst not in entire series, maybee one of the worst in all video games. Some of them have less attack variatons than regular cnemies at this level, and just generally slower and weakier.

Deacons are magic resistant enemies. Its a pain to deal with those types but you get to have fun later with with bosses that get their shit kicked in by magic.

>but you get to have fun later with with bosses that get their shit kicked in by magic.
But you don't deal more damage with magic in this.
Soul Spear and Crystal Soul Spear doesn't deal more damage than Sword Spam.
The only thing of value you get, is to buff RAW weapons with Crystal/Darkmoon/Lightning/etc

Well I've certainly spent my last three months here arguing that Dark Souls 3 is good.

>But you don't deal more damage with magic in this.

"My faggy sorcerer build isn't the strongest anymore! Waaaahhh waaah waaaahhhh!"

^^^^^^^^
That's you! That's what you sound like!

>doesn't deal more damage
But it is ranged. You want magic to be ranged and much more damaging than melee weapons? Like you came to swordfight with machine gun? I never played sorcery, but i did pyro build, and it was ez mode almost at every boss and regular encounter. It trivializes much tough enemies like syllivan beast

Like a longsword, which is what he was complaining about in the first place?

Its much safer against NPCs if you keep your distance, especially if you are playing co-op, and its fun to trick and sneak up on invaders and wipe them out with magic.

That isn't what I sound like, its more about the fact you don't get anything from investments in Dark Souls 3, unless you do excessive stacking.
I've had some fun with Ice Weapons + Naked + Flynns Ring + Pontiff Spam Ring + Lloyds.
But if you just use one stack of damage amp, you don't get anything for it.

>this retard
I solo'd all of them, except for the ancient dragon, because people said that one was harder with summons.

That doesn't change the fact the way many bosses fight is legit bullshit. They have moves you can't predict, one-hit-kill moves, some of them are flunky bosses with other enemies in the arena, hitboxes are weirder since i-frames during dodge are tied to agility, etc.

The designers for Dark Souls 2 didn't really know what they were doing. They were trying to make it harder, but just ended up making it a convoluted mess.

>making it an afterthought
There's a reason why people hate 3.

>it's too slow!

go back to bloodborne faggot

>Its much safer against NPCs
Are we playing the same game? Because in 95% of the cases, you go to 69% equip burder, stack defences chug all the elemental pills possible, and just abuse the excessive amount of roll iframes to kill enemies.

Then again, this is the game where the hardest bosses are hard because they either break target lock, or because they have infinite stamina.

Most of the bosses are slower than ds1. Hell, half of them can be countered by just circling around

"They don't let me just dump everything into one stat anymore to min-max like a massive D&D dweeb! Waaahhh Waaaahhhhh MOMMY!"

^^^^

This is you! This is your voice!

So what's the problem? Faggot had to actually do some swordplay against magic resist enemies? Cry me a god damn river.

>your hitbox stays in place when you start rolling until you finish your roll
What the fuck was their problem?

You are not good at this game user you should have summoned you wouldn't be so frustrated. Sorry again you got so butt-blasted by playing a game way above your skill level. You are not good enough to solo those bosses or you would have done it more easily you just wasted your time running them 100+ times each desperately trying to earn some imaginary e-cred by being able to say you "Solo'd" them when you finally got lucky and beat them.

Just summon next time since you can't deal with multi-bosses. No one will know and you can stop pretending to yourself you have skills that you don't.

Hope this helps.

We are coming from a series where before DLC, Magic had to be double stacked to work.
That was fine.
The same is true in Dark Souls 2, except Curses where stupid in terms of damage output.

Then Dark Souls 3 comes along, and Swordspam is the dominant form of damage, except for PVP where Hyper Armor can be useful.
And magic is generally completely shit, except for PVP.

>He doesn't remember Second Chance

I wish they would bring back Scraping Spear, Acid Cloud, and
Soulsucker just to fuck with you.

Can you give an example? It's been absolute ages since I played DaS2

I think I faintly remember kiting the Rotten that way though

Oh man, if you only have the vanilla don't play get the dlc or something.

>where hyper armor can be useful

I think you mean "where the dominant strategy is a hyperarmor greatsword that can stun lock for two hits"

>the dominant strategy is a...greatsword
Have you played DaS3 PvP?

Giant, rotten, lost sinner, ruin watchers, snake queen, ornstein, jabba hutt

Yes, and all I ever see is greatswords with the occasional meme spewer using a 1 hander that parry fishes

Its not that they are slower, its that the game has the problem where a bunch of bosses could be the first and second bosses, so they don't make the first set of bosses any hard.
With what... 4 paths, thats 8 easy bosses?
Now, the bosses that guard the Primal Bonfires where fine.
And some of the bosses, like Congregation, was a cool gimmick.

But its not like Dark Souls where Gaping Dragon and Quelaag is early bosses
Hard early bosses

I don't know what bizarro world you're from but most of my experience is straight swords and katanas with the occasional CCS.

Please stop posting this. I recently finished dark souls 1 and looking to buy Scholar. I don't wanna get into it biased against it.

What level are you at?

Any level.

>bloodsouls are good games

Greatswords in 3 are the worst they've ever been, in both PvP and PvE. Practically no one even uses them.

At 80 doing red signs around Pontiff all I ever see are greatswords. Haven't seen a single katana.

DaS2 = DaS1 > DaS3 > BB

This is only funny because "tears of denial" but from the sound of it you post this every day so kill yourself OP. Not for your opinion, but for shoving your shit here repeatedly.

At start there was only kats and straight swords. Now most people are replaying and trying different weapons and builds.

BKG 4 LYF >:V

>bosses being hard for bullshit reasons

But they aren't? I can't think of a boss in Dark Souls 2 I had any trouble with beyond fuckups caused by me being a dumbass.

Katanas seem to be more of a side weapon these days and that is mostly just the washing pole to help kill runners.

>Don't get why people keep saying its bad.

Because most of the current Souls community started with 1 and didn't notice the flaws in 1 like people who started with DeS did. Even after several spikes in sales I think DeS has still only sold about 1/3 as many copies as DS1.

>Gwyn goes from mindless hollow to god and immediately has the resources to muster/equip an army and fight dragons
>The world is deathless but Nito immediately has skellies once he gets his lord soul
>The chaos witches have mastery over flame but lol no they actually don't
>This is good storytelling

I love the games but the Souls community's autism is only outclassed by Sonicfags.

What makes you think that any of those things happened immediately? It could have taken centuries to defeat the dragons

>Even after several spikes in sales I think DeS has still only sold about 1/3 as many copies as DS1.
It sold even less because Dark Souls had the fortune of getting a multi commercial push.
Dark Souls is Released. Gets commercials.
Dark Souls + DLC is released on PC, gets commercials
DLC and complete packages is released on console, even more commercials.
Dark Souls 2 gets released/DLC/Scholars of the first sin, and DS1 sales increase again.
Its far more than 3x sales.

Its not any worse than the other Dark Souls games

It is, get over it.

>Vengarls helmet + Drangleic everything else
Needs the Greatsword UGS for the shitter starting pack to be complete.

really miring this beautiful architecture and decor

are you saying the newest game in the series looks better?

i'm shocked!

tell the source please, or just dump some more

the first game in the series looked better than dark souls 2.

hell, demon's souls looks better.

>muh big armour guy argument
>when pretty much all of the better souls bosses are actually big dudes with weapons wearing armour
>and the monstrous ones like gaping/semen of dong/the tree are gimmicky or boring as fuck

>What makes you think that any of those things happened immediately?

The opening cinematic. Everyone is shown picking up their lord souls and then suddenly having all their shit together in the cave where the first flame sprang to life. Gwyn's army could be explained away as magical creations similar to Gwynevere's, but that's about it and even then that's lazy.

>half the bosses hard for bullshit reasons

Im a fucking casual and the only bosses I struggle on are Pursuer (unless using blunt weapons) and Fume Knight

tron castle

And Dark Souls 2 performed much better than either of them. Its a perfectly fine tradeoff

>pursuer

how?

Higher framerate would be nice if it didn't break the game so much. Unlocking the FPS in DaS with a mod, which was unintended, was less harmful than using the options and setting it to 60 in DaS2.

my dark souls 1 looks better and runs at 60 fps tho

I don't like to cheese with the ballista, and I usually get caught out by the long reach of his swings.

Only if you come too early. Especially on roof

roll to the right past him

>single good view in game
>stollen from BB
grate

DaS2 is 60 native, acquire a better PC.

More DS2 screenshots pls

Learn to read, retard.

how is dark souls 3? I'm out of the loop. THanks

>didn't have to deal with single digit framerates on the original release
I envy you man

Just got SotLK or whatever it's called on sale. Enjoying it a bit. I like that enemy placement changed at least a little. It inspired me to go back to 3 because I quit playing right at the library for some reason.

So I'm getting a nice return to the games by bouncing between them. But fuck the ice faggot behind the invisible wall in the library in 3. I'm not geared right for that shit.

>those fucking pillars that should end at their respective capitals but instead go all the way up to the roof arches, clipping through everything else on their way and also miss the capitals by half a foot
>pillars on the wall are even missing the capitals, endi in an ugly flat texture

god fucking dammit

DaS2 is my fav, but the most visually pleasing area in the entire series is Hash Lake.

out of all three games dark souls 2 is the only one that has satisfying and good PvP mechanics. the gameplay itself along with the way pvp works is the best, aside from soul memory, but that can be avoided too. it's not perfect but it's definitely the best.

I say this objectively, the stories of 1 and 3 are superior in my opinion but the pvp is just spammy gank bullshit, whereas if you go on the iron bridge in dark souls 2 you'll feel like you're genuinely duelling against another combatant with his own repertoir of weapons and unique fighting style.

in dark souls 3 and largely 1? it's just button mashing nonsense. the fast paced bullshit just strips it of all strategy and fun. not to mention the ganking in ds1 and horribly unfair pvp for invaders in ds3.

i'm just glad that when i start up ds2 and go pvp there isn't some fucking faggot spamming an enchanted falchion or run-stabbing me with a washing pole like a little bitch.

quality

oh... how i need 21:9

One of the best armour combinations

native support or some sort of fix?

really fun fights in dark souls 2

>50 attunement in DaS1 vs 50 in DaS3
shameful

You, I like you.

>reused buldings all over the place
>none can be explored
>DLC

Flawless Widescreen

>HUD is cramped in the middle
>flawless

i love all the souls games and ds2 is my favorite; i've replayed it probably 10 times. im glad i didnt hate it like so many people here because ive had loads of fun with it. the thing i have the most difficulty understanding is how many people deride the flaws of the game while championing DeS, which to me has far more pervasive issues, e.g. lack of balance between builds/weapons, absence of poise making armour not matter, world tendency, world 5, and a huge host of bosses that are absurdly easy or just gimmick fights. I like the game, but as I see it, ds2 is a clear improvement. to each his own i guess.

this is a sword

thats not doll

Why did they give Tears of Denial a 15 Faith requirement? Were they actually this retarded?

It's practically free for anyone with a minimum of 10 Faith and the faith ring. It doesn't even cost any FP because you can just cast at a bonfire, then rest.

Some games with native support give you the option of where you want your HUD, I don't like it spaced right at the sides because you can't see it all at once unless you sit far back or have to keep turning your head left or right to check it.

>could of
End yourself.

Vastly improved gameplay over 1 & 2 but it's way too linear, especially since a bunch of events trigger NPC shit so if you want to do/have a thing you often have to do a bunch of other crap in a certain order within the already limited order of the game. You can actually break sequence with your first boss but it'll be a bitch to kill and even then you can only go 1 of the 2 ways you'll unlock because 1 of the paths behind the dancer leads to a boss that's a dead end unless you've killed 3 lords.

>implying console gamers weren't meming the fuck out of the game already

I thought Majula was comfy as hell, would be A 10/10 hub if not for BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST

>that poor angry kid in the thread that keeps shitting on everything DaS2

You're taking a creation story cinematic as 100% accurate. You're mad dumb user.

Say what you will but at least 2 never reached the lows of 1 on consoles

I really need to make a .webm of the hollow soldiers in the giant forest that you can see below the dead giant you access through the king's door.
Their choppy LOD animations make them look like as if they're riding invisible bicycles.
It's almost as hilarious as the falconer's walking cycles.

>have to physically turn your head to the left in order to see the HUD.

If this doesn't happen to you with a corner-HUD then you are too poor for PC.

It is. It just has the misfortune of being a 8 among 9s.

if ds2 was as fast as bb would you like it?

Like DS3, that would only make it worse.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!!

DaS2 is the worst off them all.
Everything is just off
Armor looks WoW tier plastic
Getting hit and hitting has shit sound design and animaiton
Art style looks almost cartoony
walking and rolling always leaves the impression if sliding on the ground
Enemies are boring, untidY hit boxes, ridiculous tracking.
Bosses are total pushovers and too many. Almost none are memorable and they fail to innovate (except for chariot and demon of song)
1000 weapons but 4 movesets

It's quantity before quality.

Also shit story, NPCs and lore rape

Do you not have muscles to turn your eyes in your sockets or something?

best area in entire series

>dead end unless you've killed 3 lords.
That was completely retarded. Why even give you that option if they lock up part of the reason to sequence break anyway?

>DS1 is perfect the opening cinematic isn't canon REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

honestly, the greatest fault of DS2 in my eyes is that the bosses are mostly completely unmemorable

I didn't realize the pillars were switches until I already beat it
would have enjoyed it a lot more if I did

Looks right on the Xbox One user. Maybe stop playing inferior PC ports?

whoops

>yfw it ties in perfectly with the game's theme of memory loss

It gets old, fast.

Sit there and keep switching between your left and right peripheral vision. Your eyes will begin to ache within minutes.

dude level your adp lmao

i was so bummed out that the greatlance in DaS3 is nothing like this powerhouse

Oops

Clearly you don't have a large enough monitor, peasant.

What did he mean by this?

If THIS is the best DaS2 has to offer, then it's no wonder that it's considered the worst

>apologists WILL defend this

i hit one by accident and it went to 10/10 at that exact moment

S-sorry

just hold right the whole time. He's way easier than the three sentries.

27"

You rolled too soon.

Because of the broken shit, it didn't make for a better PVP.

Hello?

>DaS2 fags

Even if he did, he clearly got teleported to the grab attack, if the hitboxes were done right, he would've been alright.

Badly timed rolls and fighting him in a bad location. Of course you got trounced. You need to choose your battlefields better.

It's canon but it's also something I could buy as being like a creation myth where it's more of a story than a telling of exactly how the events took place.

I dunno man I admit I'm a bit of a lore fag for all the Souls games but the points you brought up just didn't bother me much when I noticed them.

It's not the best story or anything but it's really not all that bad, especially for a videogame.

I just wish the story could tie in better with Demon's Souls or that they would at least release DeS for modern consoles and PC. Bloodborne I really don't care about but I loved Demon's Souls and haven't played it in years since my PS3 died and I've always enjoyed Xbox more so I never repurchased one.

My bad

The DLC is long.

As I already explained but you were too thick to understand, any monitor that doesn't require full head motion to view it from end to end is too small.

thats a shit hitbox but what is you adp?

It's just the adaptability bro, just the adaptability

i both hate and love you so much! >:V

Twinking/Griefing shitters was some of the most fun I've ever had in Dark Souls.

The weapons CLEARLY didn't touch him, why did he get hit? Badly timed roll? That literally makes no sense.

power wield maces faggot, you'll scrub them before they can ever do anything

>i have 100 adp whatever so hitbox is not a issue
this is the most retarded stat of all games ever, the guy of this webm was hit countless time but because muh adp he didnt got damaged
the tracking of enemies is also 100% bullshit and super annoying

>2:32
youtube.com/watch?v=yZkZzov2hoo

It's the same shit.

I see you're playing the inferior PC port and complaining about issues that don't exist on 360 or Xbox One.

Typical PCuck. Just open cheat engine and give yourself a maxed out build like all you PCucks do instead of crying.

and people do this shit without rolling

No, it's not a hitbox issue. He quite clearly gets hit there.

The issue, which is present in all three games, is that getting hit by a grab attack doesn't end your animation leading to teleports.

>It makes my friend fucking livid because his mage can't be a god of damage anymore and I laugh my ass off at him.

Seriously? Magic is awesome in DaS2, which is why I hate DaS3 so much.

Enchanted scimitar and spell combos let me beat ANYONE in PVP sans lagging assholes with santier's

>HCSM
>Cast focus souls
>Idiots fucking roll
>Tag them for 500 damage with the HCSM lockon
>They try to roll in for a physical fight
>Eat a 1k damage 3 hit scimitar combo

>Soul vortex area denial and hitstuns
>clipping people through walls with SGS
>One shotting fat assholes with CSS

Magic was at its best in DaS2

My mistake, how foolish of me

Do you even eyeball lift, bro?

no

The Rotten?

more like the just strafe right amirite

There's a clearly visible shockwave.

It looked too "alive" in the prerelease. The dead trees look much more like Dark Souls should.

PCucks arguing over monitor size is always hilarious to a console gamer like me. Just keep squatting in front of your baby sized screen peasants. I'll be leaning back on my couch in front of my 60 inch TV playing Dark Souls like it was meant to be played while my fat wife gives me a combination blowjob/rimjob.

He didn't get hit, open your eyes.

They improved it

>defending the fact that your hitbox doesn't match your model while rolling

>what is DarkRoot Garden?

True, now THIS is what Dark Souls is really about.

>apologist defending this

>cherry picking

matthewmatautist is that you?

STOP! THIS IS ONE OF THE FOUR LORDS REINCARNATE! HE HAS A FRAGMENT OF THE FUCKING LORD SOULS! DELETE THIS AT ONCE

i really respect this part of dark souls 2 for actually making a background, a city, and not just 2d shit, too bad the dlc sucked, bullshit enemies and bullshit bosses, the only good thing about it was the ice bed of chaos woman and the ivory king(what i think is the best ds2 boss, and the most original), the tiger boss was so annoying(at least for me) and the double tigers were 500% bullshit, probably the most bullshit thing of the entire game, these spikes things that roll are so fucking bullshit holy shit, they kill you in like 2 seconds, and theres also maldron trolling you what im not a big fan of, and also another of jabba but this time is white, but i still think the dlc was better than the other dlcs and the main game, even with all this shit at least it had one good boss and it also was good looking.

Returning to casting spells from a single resource was a fucking mistake. I can't cast any utility spells without eating into the FP needed to cast offensive spells.

Someone post that picture of how there's a huge lava world above a valley of poison

>cherry picking
>this is one of the first levels
>already looks like shit
Oh boy, i wonder what this game has to offer next.

This dark void... Almost as deep as the Dark Souls 2 lore...

It represents how there was a long journey in between but the player character lost his mind and forgot that part.

>apologists will come up with some abyss bullshit lore

This.

But user dark souls 2 is so hardcore haha
Our marketing campaign was really good right? You liked dark souls 1 so we will just go full retard mode with artifical difficulty cool huh?

every single souls game have teleporting grab attacks, every single one, even the precious dark souls 1 and bloodborne

Hey, at least it isn't DS3.

At least they tried to take a new approach on the Dark Souls series. Now what you have is a fanbase wank game with muh references from the first game, pandering to retards who pay VaatiVidya money so he can analyze the deep lore.

I literally see no hitbox problems in this entire video.

Who said anything about hitboxes?

ds2 fans have autism.

Draw distance is trash because you're playing the PCuck version. Switch to a real gaming system instead of your spreadsheet editor user.

Be honest guys,

Does someone genuinely prefer Dark Souls 2 over DeS, DaS, BB or DaS3?
If so why?
Please state its strenghts and what it does better than the others, not why the others are bad in your opinion.

Known reasons:
>power stances
>build/weapon/spell variety
>pvp

>short elevator ride
>long journey
>The main character suddenly got amnesia and somehow used no resources in any of these """""Forgotten""""" areas

You're trying to hard.

And what a great approach that was.

They had start from scratch halfway through development time.
It had the worst conditions and this shows.

OUT
FUCKING
SKILLED

A dank, overgrown forest where you can practically smell the stench of overgrown weeds and dirty vines? It's nothing like that fairytale Disney forest they have in that first screenshot.

The only comparable one was the Royal Wood and that was shown as beautiful for a reason.

>BB
>PCuck Version
kek

>dat invader death

Mostly Cred Forums and Cred Forums in general being a bunch of contrarian underagebanned. DS2 is a pretty good game, my favorite in the souls series but it's not the best one according to most people. It is a pretty damn good game nonetheless, but because it isn't AS good (to most) as the rest it is literally the worst game ever released.

there's the maiden in black half assed copy

Fucking kek

PvP is the big one. Some people play for PvE, some for PvP. This being Cred Forums, most people play for PvP so they'll rank DSII pretty high.

>reading comprehension

>and the double tigers were 500% bullshit, probably the most bullshit thing of the entire game
The path to them was complete garbage too.

With all DLC and being slow as fuck trying not to miss anything you'll probably get another 30 hours out of it at least.

That's some damn good anime.

Ds2 is a good game, but it's still the worst in the series. That's it. The abysmal release in 2014 didn't help it either.

>that wrist

I really didn't like Bloodborne so I rank it over that.

>the right feet going through the floor
>the cape going through the stones

>the points you brought up just didn't bother me much when I noticed them

That was my point user, people just overlook this stuff in DS1 but don't do the same for the later games. Like, it's not OK that you fight a reskinned Ornstein in Ds2 but it's OK that you fight a reskinned Vanguard Demon in DS1. It's not OK that DS2 has 2 different Dragonslayer fights but it's OK that DS1 has 3 different Asylum Demon fights.

This stuff doesn't even bother me in and of itself, it's just that the community tends to have different standards for everything and it makes it hard to have real discourse about what various games in the series did right.

>release DeS for modern consoles and PC

I'd like that too, but it's not likely to happen since distribution rights are split between Atlus (NA), Bamco (Europe), and Sony (Japan) and those faggots aren't willing to compromise.

>Why even give you that option if they lock up part of the reason to sequence break anyway?

So that stupid Gotthard story that nobody cares about can play out. Apparently From didn't even care all too much about Gotthard since the body that you take his swords and the archive key from have fucking 2kat.

The multi opponent boss fights are a shit, Demons is still the best because it did not cheat to make boss battles memorable

You kind of touched on it, but beyond simple weapon variety, a lot of the weapons themselves, especially in the DLC, where really unique and interesting. The Puzzling Sword which was a magnetic whip sword, the Ivory Sword which was basically a lightsaber, the Alonne Sword with it's unique buff mechanics.

Additionally, everyone praised the weapon arts in DS3, but a lot of weapons in DS2 already had similar mechanics (the Throne Greatswords for example).

That being said, I don't prefer DS2 over the original Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

FROM really needs to learn how bodies work

He was already behind him before he even started thrusting the sword forward, how is that a hit?

Who dis?

>first boss is a mob boss

Only good thing about 2 is the Alva Armor. I love the Alva Armor.

I actually really like the lore in DS2 and DS3 as well and I see your point. DS1 had plenty of flaws in it just like every game in the series did. I still enjoy the settings and overall storylines though. I never got why Dark Souls gets praised so much more than all the sequels and especially over Demon's Souls which is probably my favourite lore.

I wish those rights weren't so messy because I'd love a rerelease or even a sequel, or some more concrete tie-ins with the Dark Souls universe since you can tell they're related but they can't just outright say that.

It's just a screenshot I took from a video back before DS3 came out.

It's okay that you can get hit when you roll even though the attack misses the player model because you can level up ADP to make the problem go away.

weak ass mob with obvious fire weakness. The first boss was made to teach crowd control and exploit weak points like elemental weakness, most of the garbage in DS2 was made to pander to the toxic "muh hardcore!" youtuber fan base

I don't think they even patched weapon durability.
Or Rolling on 60fps having less iframes

Another problem is controls. The game has horrible deadzones which are completely absent from the other two games.

Friendly reminder :)

so uh.... why where the undead basically zombies rather than cursed mortals in DS2? in this pic you can see them stitched up as if someone was frankensteining them or something retarded.

B Team didn't understand the concept of undead from the first game and just thought it meant zombies.

>it's ok when miyazaki does it

>There are people on Cred Forums who wasted hundreds of hours playing this shit game

>it's ok when b team does it

1/2

>PRE ORDER BONUS
>lighting is kill
>Torches?
>Levels are botched and connected via teleporters leaving the world feeling disconnected
>Story is about forgetting, ironic since it's forgettable as fuck
>Designed to live up to the "Muh Difficulty" hype over being fair
>Go up and windmill elevator, end up in a lava castle
>Parrying being changed for the worse
>Dodge I-frames based on a stat
>Getting hurt while dodging due to the new mechanics
>Backstabbing, turning levels or other animations that take all control from the player no longer make you invincible like in DS1
>Weapons break constantly due to poor coding
>Game forces you to carry a back up weapon though resources to reinforce it are scarce early on and the ember is obtained in Iron keep. 1/2 way in the game
>Enemies spin on turntables making backstabbing them needlessly complicated
>Enemies have far too much stamina to break their guard while two handing weapons
>Poise now lets you attack while being attack instead of improving guard thus encouraging button mashing

hollows might as well be zombies

I get that you were really bad at Dark Souls 2 but most people who had played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls wanted a bigger challenge which DS2 gave us. I'm sorry that your skills were already topped out and you couldn't get good enough to enjoy the newer games.

I'll wait for the DLC to truly judge. Every single Souls game has been made much better after they add the DLC and I'm sure Dark Souls 3 will be the same way.

Nothing compared to the Demon Souls one; they nurfed it to be endure rather than "50% heal if I fuck up".

Yeah, but hollows don't look like generic rotting flesh zombies. They look like dried up, hollowed out husks of what they once were, hence the name.

2/2

>first level is the hardest due to 1 estus flask charge, game becomes too fucking easy once you get more than 1 charge.
>Community is split 2 ways due to soul memory and NG+ players being unable to play with first game player
>Community will now be split 4 ways once the DX 11 version comes out
>Useless covenants such as both blues since there's no reusable invasion items this time and no one is part of the way of the blue for blue sentinels to save.
>No one invades during the first playthrough.
Seriously, I bought this when it came out and the summoning time was 3 seconds tops but I only ever got invaded once during NG1
>Forgettable levels, characters and bipedal bosses.
>The DLC
>Enemies that drop gear stop respawning leaving you forced to bonfire ascetic or beat the game to complete an armor set or weapon drop.
>Many items are locked away for later NG such as the wrath of god spell unless you somehow get 50 Blue sentinel tokens which requires you to either dual and win agiasnt 50 different players or somehow defend 50 players from invasion which is impossible.
>weapon degrdation
List goes on.

The best thing they did in DS2 was add parrying to two handed mode

It's clear that there is a difference between the DS Undead and Zombies albeit they are similar but treated very different as their origins are cursed based and are literally undying.

>Dark Souls is a good franchise

Nioh>Bloodborne>DS3>DS1>Demon's Souls>DS2

>I'll wait for the DLC to truly judge
What, both of them? Or will you dismiss the game if Ariandel turns out to be shit?

this one? I don't think ash lake is poison though

youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8

That is not nearly as egregious an example. Obviously, the scale is off, but that's it. Those clouds look perfectly capable of hiding the world above.

Didn't even know they were doing two of them this time. I'll probably wait for both to be out before I play it just like I did with DS1 and DS2.

All the shitposting about how bad DS3 is seems to be from butthurt PVP players and push back against them tying to lore in to DS1 (Which I loved) so I'm betting I'll enjoy it.

Looking forward to playing it when the DLC is out and the price is lower.

I also think DeS should get more love for its setting and story, I always found it hard to care about the First Flame but the colourless fog sweeping across the world gave a sense of immediacy to DeS. I think part of why I like the DeS world more is because you can actually make an impact that isn't just kicking the can down the road for a while, you either take over the world or you put the Old One to sleep and guard it so the next dumbass who wants to wake it up will have to go through you.

You can see it even clearer if you're in Tomb of the Giants where you can see both the Demon Ruins and Ash Lake.

It's ok.

Looking forward to them too. My only complaint about 3 is poise not mattering. I actually applaud making pvp harder. There's a reason the worst of the community was obsessed with it. Anything to purge even some of them is worth it.

Not the user you were replying to btw.

I went there with noclip, there are many layers of backgrounds in ash lake, and the last of them, hidden, is a stone wall, and lost izalith is on a cave. They just didn't made ash lake bigger because there was no need too, Since we can't walk on the water anyway this have nothing to do with earthern peak, which is a level directly connected to another level, only that single one ds2 autist cares about this.

It's the worst of the three.

Still the 2014 GOTY though.

I've never played a Souls game, but I've been thinking of picking one up. Which is the best to start with? I'm assuming 1, but I don't really know anything about the series. Is it good? Also, what should I expect?

What's wrong with that?

Level 109 cleric (xbox 360) here, just hit 1 mil SM less than halfway through the game from what I just skimmed through, what's the best armor for pure faith clerics? And when is a good time to stop gaining SM so I can PVP?

I do think there's something cool about Dark Souls being such a hopeless setting but I preferred Demon's Souls for the same reasons you mention about how you could actually change the course of the world with your actions.

goty is about the most overrated game, not about the best. skyrim got goty over dark souls 1 in 2011, and its shit.

i feel the same, demon's souls is an adventure, where you feel like a hero. In dark souls you are just a hopeless guy that is never important at all and in the end he dies for nothing. Very depressing.

>Iudex Gundyr is an analogue to the Slayer of Demons
woah...

you won't appreciate 2 as much if you play it after 1. so many of the levels are just straight halls. (and get scholar for gods sake)

2 has some really cool weapons though, which is why pvp fags fucking love it still. theres a few i wouldnt mind seeing come back in 3's dlc IKUGS

also , no one gives a fuck about you in dark souls like they do in demons souls
in demons souls we have maiden in black, ostrava, biorr, yuria and thomas, i think im forgetting someone but whatever
in dark souls you have
laurentius, solaire , siegmeyer, and domnal of zena, and all of them but domnal die, and only laurentius can be saved.

Here's one thing I think 2 did good: Covenants. There were a lot of cool new ones. Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels should have been merged into one, though

You can save all of them, user.

Is he really? I noticed that he looks like Old King Dorito but I haven't had a chance to read item descriptions because my polearm character isn't very far in the game yet.

>I do think there's something cool about Dark Souls being such a hopeless setting

Oh there most certainly is, what with the parallel between the curse and death and hope in the face of hopelessness and all that.

Even from the start it feels that way. You're a hero from a foreign land coming in to see what the hell is going on in Boletaria versus some poor mook who's been thrown into an Asylum and ends up being railroaded into a quest by powers he doesn't even understand.

I always feel like the "evil" ending to Dark Souls 1 is the moral one. The world is so fucked at that point and all the friends I've made have died except for a horribly depressed Solaire, why does the flame deserve to keep burning?

no you cant. siegemeyer either disappears after you save him because he is ashamed, die fighting these mosnters full of eyes or gets killed by his daugher, if solaire is ''saved'' from madness he links the first flame and die.

No, I was just making a dumb post. Really what happened is you wrecked Champ when you went to the past and then in the future he is a literal casual filter for Champions of Ash.

What kind of retard obsesses this much about a jar?

>Contrarian virgins
>The most popular opinion
no user...

That room was a joke

I remember faith being terrible last time I tried it. Not even just because the miracles sucked and hardly had any casts, my divine weapon scaled really badly

>Game with cult following
>gets sequel
>becomes more of the same generic trash
Hmmmm

SOURCE

>if solaire is ''saved'' from madness he links the first flame and die.

Is this canon?

Should have gone Occult, scrub.

Miyazaki said that.
Do you thought Solaire would defeat Gwyn and become the dark lord? kek.

Did they fix the deadzone thing in SOTFS? Because Scholar doesn't have a DSFix, IIRC

Nope, the deadzones are still there. It's even worse actually, because the mod that removed deadzones from vanilla doesn't work on sotfs.

Well, shit. Thanks for the heads-up.

So even when I walked away it didn't matter? I saved him just so he could sacrifice himself in the end? None of my choices mattered and we're still slaves to the Flame?

:*(

In term of PVE, I had the most fun with Demon's souls and Dark souls 3.
In term of PVP, Dark Souls 2 was really the best.
>Arena when I want to test a build
>Invade when I want to fuck around
>Can even invade people who aren't human

Both Dark soul 1 and Demon's souls PVP were uttershit.

>Invaders/Sentinels need to grind duels just to do the invasion mechanic
>Blue Sentinels never get summoned anyway
>"Forcibly summon someone into your world to annoy them."
>Dragon covenant is now facilitated by stealing something from a Dragon Shrine and giving it to some random collector , rather than through the actual Dragon shrine
>Random statue in the poison mines to be a Warrior Sunlight
>"Here, have a shitty difficulty adjustment."

On top of that, none of them have any connection to the world or it's characters. The world of DaS2 would be no different if the Brotherhood of Blood or the Rat King didn't exist, whereas guys like Nito and Gwyndolin are imporant characters relevant to the setting. Same with the Bell-Keepers, although that one is actually fun.

You didn't just help him find his sun, you helped him BECOME the fucking sun. How is that a bad end for him?

Congrats on helping rationalize the soul memory system

SM doesn't stop twinking now that the Agape Ring exists. "Weapon Memory" is far better and doesn't really have bad side effects.

yes. the different dimensions shit only make it worst, because his sacrifice will only effect his own world and people on it, and it seems people change the world they are all the time, since many nps disappear and appear again all the time, and solaire also says ''there's no telling how much time your world and mine will remain in contact'' or some shit like that, so in your own world nothing chances, he can be summoned, but he is already dead when you can summon him to fight gwyn, just like black iron tarkus is dead when you summon him to fight the iron golem.

i really hated that explanation

Play them in release order, honestly. If you have a PS3 definitely start with DeS, and if you have a PS4 play Bloodborne after DaS3.

Both DeS and DaS are flawed masterpieces for different reasons. DaS2 vanilla is okay, SotFS is a notable improvement especially with the DLC. It's the weakest and has the most flaws by far, but it's still an enjoyable enough game. DaS3 is basically a Greatest Hits collection but is a great finale. BB is a really fast Lovecraftian horror game with Souls combat and my personal favorite, probably top 3 favorite game of all time. All five are immensely replayable too.

You should expect a difficult time adjusting to them. They're not necessarily difficult, just demanding and unforgiving (except some bullshit in 2 which really crossed the line a couple times). The difficulty is (almost) always very fair, and almost all deaths or failures will be entirely your fault. You have to learn how to play them and play on their turf on their rules, or they'll punish you for it. There is always a way to proceed if you learn how to do it properly, and once you beat a game and go into NG+ you'll be amazed at how fast you can blaze your way through it again without even taking any damage because you've learned so much about how each game works. They're immensely rewarding and cathartic.

Thanks bro you cheered me up. I'm just bummed because I think the Age of Fire needs to end.

It's been an afterthought in every game. In DS2 they tried to balance it later but all that did was make every weapon weak and shitty.

Poor bait.

How do you fucking build a ceiling out of stone blocks? Like how do you lay the stone down and keep it together?

ITT: People that didn't play DeS?

none of these shits are as "OP" as second chance was in DeS. it was needed on every build. in DaS3 I always keep throwing knives or thorn gauntlets on for people that use tears of denial. Feels so good seeing them panic roll trying to get away from my own rolls in pursuit.

It's not complaining about the Tears of Denial miracle, it's saying that people who think DaS2 is good are in denial.

That's just because they listened to the community and nerfed everything but what the whiny metafags used.

>I can't deal with heavy armor plz nerf
>I can't deal with miracles plz nerf

Listening to the community has proved disastrous in just about every series, Souls was no different. That's why we don't have tail cuts anymore.

oh ok