Bulletstorm remaster published by Gearbox

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel

gematsu.com/2016/09/bulletstorm-full-clip-edition-rated-ps4-xbox-one-pc-brazil#1xPUJoLipSUfOa3X.99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0KH9F4He8
youtube.com/watch?v=c4plmomISK8
youtube.com/watch?v=3UMcnn40QQc
youtube.com/watch?v=oWUgTNYK7Tk
gamespot.com/articles/people-can-fly-turns-independent-buys-bulletstorm-/1100-6428420/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This sort of puts the official seal of "The Most Useless Generation" on current gen consoles.

>Full Clip Edition
>clip

A remaster of a shitty game, this gen sucks man...

I'd rather have a Duty Calls remaster desu

I didn't get this game because I heard it ends on a cliffhanger.

Its a good game, fuck off

Fuck man. I really loved playing through this game as a rental when it first came out but I'm not so sure that Gearbox should be allowed to touch it. It was pretty fun for what it was, aside from the lame as fuck final """"boss""""

>Badass Weaponry

FUCK OFF WITH THAT WORD ALREADY

Just wait til next gen or whatever iteration of the current consoles when we get remasters of a remaster, they've already proved people are willing to buy the same game 2 or 3 times so why not more?

>Game ends on Cliffhanger
>Next game is a remaster

Damnit
I actually had alot of fun with this game, I remember getting it for Christmas and having an absolute blast with it

Sorry it didn't sell well enough user now enjoy Dead Space 4. Oh whoops look what happened there :^)

No it's not, kys

>Gearbox

it sets itself up for a sequel, which would've been pretty good

>remastering a game that already runs and looks great on PC
>Gearbox
Ah.

already happened

What the fuck are you talking about

>remastering a game that already runs and looks great on PC
uses GfWL
fuck this

They're not making 4 because 3 (which ended on a cliffhanger) undersold just like how Bulletstorm 2 will never happen

Why?

I liked Bulletstorm but why bother?

>doesnt know the difference between remaster and remake

idiot

REmake HD was a remaster of a remake, not a remaster of a remaster

Thats a remaster of a remake, not a remaster of a remaster

Wrong faggot, neck yourself

You'd rather pay Gearbox $40 to play a game without it?

>gearbox
oh god, no.

>let's remaster a game nobody liked

This is upsetting because it'll actually sell, is very easy to do and Gearbox doesn't deserve any money

I quite liked Bulletstorm but I can't see any good reason for a remaster.

I can see three obvious reasons for a remaster though; no good games on console, no backwards compatibility on console, and easy money since shootan almost always sells.

will it have a decent multiplayer now?

>tfw I bought this just for the Gears 3 beta
It was worth it too

Who do Gearbox even have this? Wasn't the game made by People Can Fly?

uh, i didn't know Gearbox publishes it
i'd pay for it if it means we'll get a sequel by People Can Fly

>always wanted to play it on PC
>avoided it because they never removed GFWL

I'll pick it up during a sale

I really really hate this remaster meme. These games aren't even that old, they play fine, they don't need remasters. Fuck sake.

I was trying to run my original copy of this game, can't put it on steam.
Won't activate because GFWL doesn't work.
I'm not rebuying it.
Into the torrents it goes.

I remember when they said that if Bulletstorm sold a million, they'd definitely make a sequel.

It sold something like 2 or 3 million.

It dosnt need a fucking remaster.

It needs a GDAMN SEQUIL MOTHERFUCKERS

>The last blog update by People Can Fly is from 2015

Sequel never ;_;

So if this shit sells, it'll get a sequel by Gearbox. If it doesn't sell, then we won't get anything. Fuck.

Bulletstorm had awful writing and its ending was garbage.
Found the gameplay and gunplay fun and wouldn't mind a sequel.

What's with Gearbox and owning franchises that seem to be completely 180 from the political stance they want to be known for?

Just pirate it and realize it's only fun for one level or so

Can someone explain why we are getting so many remasters this gen? The jump from ps2 to ps3/360 gave us so many new IPs and games. Yet the jump from ps3/360 to ps4/one has been remasters and more numbered sequels that have gotten boring.

iktf

Decided to install it again for the first time in years but the GFWL shit kills it.

Get cracked version, its multyplayer was trash anyway

Low effort, low cost for probably good return. Machines can now run games from last gen at 60fps 1080p, which is something consoles just didn't really get last gen. Also PS4 has no backwards compat and is the most popular console on the market.

They rride to justify gameplay mechanics in plot, never a good idea

>Can someone explain why we are getting so many remasters this gen?
Easy money.

>gearbox

no thanks

Please someone kill this industry already. I want off this ride.

>A game that finally manages to escape EA
Fuck yeah
>Gearbox
Oh eh

Damn Blund-I mean Battleborn must've left a big hole in Gearbox's wallet for them to make this

This is bugging me too, i mean douke at least had justification in that it was a salvage operation, but this is weird, i thought devs had forgotten about bs.

But the ride never ends, user.

OP you're meant to feel cynical about these obvious cash ins that it's gotten to the point where there's nothing left to remaster except failure games like Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm was decent, but it could have been great if not for a couple of issues.

No jump button. This is just idiotic to begin with.

Takes too long to hand out the interesting weapons. You get the Not Stake Gun From Painkiller like 20 minutes before the game ends. Even fully upgraded everything that isn't the basic assault rifle has fuck all ammo and will run out after a single fight.

So in a game that's trying to play up the "run around and do cool creative stuff with weird weapons" angle, you're rooted to the ground and spend 90% of the game shooting Generic Assault Rifle since it's the only thing there's sufficient ammo for.

>remaking the same game rather than making a sequel
Oh fuck right off

Ah yes, that game people only bought for the free Gears of War demo, whoop de fuckin' do.

I'm sick of last gen Remasters

>gearbox

I sincerely hope none of you pay money for this

Who wanted this? I didn't know there was a high demand to remaster Bulletstorm.

>drought in good games makes the remaster sell more than the original
>a game that was mostly ignored last gen will be hailed as amazing this gen because of no competition
>publishers will see the easy money and will remaster even more average games from last gen rather than making new ones

JUST

then don't buy them. It's a quick and easy way for publishers to get return on investment, because these re-releases usually have a minimal budget. They're aimed at people who may have missed them the first time around play them on their new consoles. They're not aimed at people who were smart and played it on the PC and can play it on any machine they want for pretty much forever.

I did the same and i'd do it again

So be it, I'd rather have Rise of Legend remake, Divinity 2 remake, Jade Empire remake, Advent Rising remake, Bully remake and Morrowind remake

This is what will kill gaming.

The overexpenditure and lack of any minor risk taking will make thisthe NOGAMES generation of gaming

Don't forget the weapon limit (2 cool guns + generic AR that's shitty to use), regenerating health, real short campaign, no level design to speak of and shitty bosses. I kinda sorta liked it, but a lot of it was dragged down by those shitty gameplay decisions

RIP Waggleton P. Tallylicker

What if they replace every dick with BADASS?

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0KH9F4He8

There are some games I wish would get them though.
>tfw no skate 2 pc port that actually runs at 60fps instead of ~24fps

Randy is just an opportunist, he only cares about himself and will say or do anything to make people buy his shit.

>remake that nobody wants of a game that nobody bought a few years after the original

Remasters were a mistake

I liked bulletstorm, it wasn't great but i suppose it was entertaining enough to play though. Some of the humor even made me chuckle.

I can only see gearbox ruining this shit though.

>Incredible New “Skillshot” System
>The Circle of Awesome
>Badass Weaponry

Just make it stop.

I bet this ""Remaster"" is going to be outsourced to some unknown chinese game company to save money, knowing Gearbox.

I sincerely hope Gearbox goes bankrupt and Randy Pitchford is never allowed to work in games ever again, they are a blight in the industry.

I knda hope they butcher it. Gearbox just needs too die

Literally every Game HD has been outsourced to some shitty Chinese company which is why every Game HD is worse than just Game.

Hey, remember Painkiller? Wasn't that fun? Please buy our game. It's good I swear! Just ignore that Epic logo on the box.

Does this mean BULLETSTORM 2 HAPPENING?

Why?

>wanting a shitty gearbox fps

PCF owns Bulletstorm retard

I would say Bluepoint's ports are generally fantastic, aside from copyright issues like the skateboarding demo having to be removed in MGS2. If you compare e.g. Uncharted 1 PS3 vs the remaster the original just looks ridiculous.

I was just thinking that, ANOTHER remaster.
What started it?
Halo Anniversary made sense, it was old. But this stuff where they take last gen games, make them uglier and charde £40 is retarded.
This gen is so worthless.

Bulletstorm was shit btw
>Lets be funny, now serious and dramatic, but lets say dick all the time even in serious scenes
>lol bloody screen so real, after mocking it, enjoy your bloody screen.
>sequelbait ending

Recovering money from flops. DNF, Ayy lmao colonial marines, Bordomlands after 1, and now Stillborn.

>What started it?

Hopefully one day graphics will hit their peak and putting out an old game with shinier graphics will no longer be an option

EA said that dead space 3 needed to sell 5m units (which was 1.5m units more than 1 and 2 combined) to make DS4 happen since its a franchise now and it needs to start earning big like other long term franchise IP's. Then they released the game they did and it sold like 2m units and died.

That will never happen. There will always be some new gimmick that 'improves' graphics.

so i know the game is fun as I enjoyed it
but will this replace the horrible PC port?

>>lol bloody screen so real, after mocking it, enjoy your bloody screen

I think that's what annoyed me most of all. They made a big deal of making fun of generic military shooters, then went and made something that was barely any better.

youtube.com/watch?v=c4plmomISK8

Bad company 2 did the same shit.

I enjoy the game enough to replay it every once in a while, but will somebody just put Gearbox out of their misery and be done with it?

A remaster of a game that ended on a cliffhanger and has yet to receive a sequel.

But hey, at least this'll boost the online scene from 5 people to 15! I feel bad for anyone who bought EA's online pass

Its actually a fun fucking game.

Its just short and single player only. Basically its only flaw is being so overpriced.

mah nigga

>barely any better
>More exotic guns than any generic military shooter
>Kick and Whip
>Charge shot
It's only shit because you can't carry all the weapons (obviously optimized for consoles) and the campaign is too short

I'm pretty sure People Can Fly developed the game. You don't know what publish means, do you?

I'm down. I liked it, and I only got it long after release in a humble bundle. Or someone traded it to me for a humble bundle, don't remember.

It was great though, the whip was super fun, the story was campy, as it should be, and it was entirely self aware. Not at all like hard reboot.

So fucking retarded.
>Ok we have an established fanbase, now if it doesnt continue to grow we wont make more games despite them being successful
DS3 was shit anyway, and the story would never end anyway with the mentality that it's a franchise. Nope cant just wrap up the story, everything must end on a cliff-hanger.
I miss Silent Hill, a series with individual stories and closure, no never-ending bullshit.

>Badass Weaponry
Someone buy Gearbox a fucking dictionary. Badass isn't the only fucking way to describe shit

It fits Gearbox's MO: get the rights to unappreciated IPs, or make new IPs, and force publishers to bid for your favour.

>potential for fun gameplay mechanics
>make everything slow and heavy so the console kiddies can have fun too

damn...

to be fair, it did have an ending. The brother moons had already killed a majority of the galaxy and we where all thats left and all of them descended on earth at the end. Its heavily implied we all died.

Gearbox wasn't the original Publisher senpai

I'm stoked. Loved it when it came out.

>>More exotic guns

Most of them were the same basic shit you get in any game, just with minor secondary functions to differentiate them, but not enough.

>It's an assault rifle BUT YOU CAN CHARGE IT FOR A BIG SHOT
>It's a pistol BUT YOU CAN CHARGE IT TO SHOOT A FIREBALL
>It's a shotgun BUT YOU CAN CHARGE IT FOR ALSO A BIG SHOT

Even with the weapons, the core gameplay was the same slow as molasses, ADS heavy, large men shouting borefest like every other shooter at the time.

>tries to be serious instead of just fun
>plot goes with the evil military trope and muh revenge
>health regen
>exotic weapons are useless in many cases due to low ammo, or not being useful e.g sniper rifle is shit outside of a few situationstronghold
>shit level design
>shit boss fights

Its like the FPS equivalent to a Jap action game, too bad it was short

You know damn well it was a cliffhanger, "How will our heroes survive, what happens next? Buy our next game (never ever) to find out".
It had no closure and you know it.

>retards getting triggered by the description and not realizing it's from the original

Well I really liked Bulletstorm so I'd be happy to get it on PS4. I remember being floored at how good it looked on PS3 so if it looks even better that's a plus already.

And maybe the slim hope that if it sells well, a sequel could happen.

>remasters of one generation old games
Literally WHY? They look fine.

People like you are one of the reasons humanity sucks.

>Reinstalled this game yesterday on a whim
>Totally forgot most of it but remember having a blast
>Bypass GFWL with a crack
>Set the resolution to downscaled 4k
>Mfw that walking down the side of the building scene after the intro
>Mfw whippan and kickan
>Mfw that giant excavator blade following you when you're on the train
>My roommate's fw he sees me doing hype slides and groin kicks

Fuck me, I'm having so much fun with it, I had to stop past the train part because wage cuck but all I'm thinking about is going back home and playing more.

The game was good fun and all, but not something that needs a remaster at all. Shit, the thing still looks pretty good on PC despite being 5 years old. Unless they're porting it to UE4, a remaster is fucking stupid.

But it's Gearbox so I think it's just business as usual for them.

Stop kissing me faggot

jup this

the gameplay was solid could have been faster with more vertical gameplay (implement jump)

for all the advertising of being so oldschool it had shoddy call of duty style leveldesign with bloody screen health regen included.

damn the game could have easily been very good if the levels were better.

The new doom did it a lot better

I never got to play this game because it's region locked on steam and I never cared enough to see if I could get it from somewhere else

The biggest problem with the game was what it was all about.

They used the tagline: Kill with skill.
This meant that you killed enemies in inventive ways to get big scores.
The problem was that you couldn't make combos or combine methods in inventive ways to make bigger combos or scores.
>Kick
>Ground pound
>Pull
>Kick
>Drill
>Drive him into barrels
>Kill 5 guys
-Elemental x5

Should give you more of a score than

>Drill guy
>Drive into barrels
>Kill 5 guys
-Elemental x5

Because it takes more effort, contains more steps and would be hard to do with a crowd of 5 guys nearby.

>Bulletstorm
>expecting accuracy in any kind of way
Now make way for Butterdick Jones and his heavenly asshole machine

>They made a big deal of making fun of generic military shooters, then went and made something that was barely any better.

Fucking THIS, they even had the shitty QTE final boss

Gearbox isnt political at all, that was 100% Anthony Burch and he doesnt work with them anymore.

>Who is Randy Pitchford

Are you fuckin' dumb or something?

Well Xbox has the whole beyond generations thing going on so I doubt there going to do that. I mean there might be remakes but not the psn type bs. Sony is going to do this every generation.

The game needed something like Total Overdose:
A Tony Hawk's Pro Skater-esque scoring system where variables like blood loss, spins, amount of gibs, knockback width, etc. are included and also cool shit like 360° spins between kills or wall run kills.

What we got instead was more of a checklist where you won't or can't do half of the kills more than once.

That's a collection of remakes. Or at least notably high-quality remasters relative to today's "improvements".

>Gearbox

Can't wait for them to take out all the humor and soul.

I'll agree with this, a more detailed scoring system would be a very welcome improvement to the game.

Gearbox did a decent job with the Homeworld remaster. They rightfully get a lot of flack for their old bullshit but I feel like they've steered the ship in a better direction lately.
How will it play out? I dunno but I'm less pessimistic about them as a company as of late.

Did you see the pax panel?

Somebody post randys bigot song

youtube.com/watch?v=3UMcnn40QQc

Randy Pitchfolk needs to be JUSTed.

I'm excited for it because it was a good game and I miss it

Great game, suffered from GFWL

You also have to go through some horribly shitty process of decrypting the INI's each time you want to edit them and using an FOV calculator to change 6 different FOV's after calculating what they should be based on what you choose, then you have to reencrypt them, and due to how it functioned you couldn't simply save the config files. Each time the files were created something about it changed based on the install and you couldn't replace the ini's with old versions.

>needs to

He already has

MADE A FUCKING GAME
FUCK OFF WITH REMASTERS OF MEH GAMES ALREADY

Weird that we're getting to the point where games that weren't even considered to be that amazing are getting re-releases

This remaster of the remake is the reboot the franchise needed to reinvigorate renown interest into retro resevil games

>nobody liked

speak for yourself, a lot of people loved the game

youtube.com/watch?v=oWUgTNYK7Tk
that was the single one moment in the game that made me smile a bit.

Rarely righteous reviewers rate remastered remakes remarkably repulsive, rather reviewers regrettably resign responsibility retroactively regarding reboots resulting in rampant rallying and reverence.

DOUGLASS MACARTHUR

just like films have been doing for several years now

If you go into steam or search into google, you just have to go into the files and delete one or two things and GFWL will stop trying.
Did it a month or two ago, it works

I'm sorry, I meant nobody that matters.

>mfw imagining a TWBB remake

quality post

Riveting

mechanics was just shit gimmick
after painkiller it feels to disturbing and just not fun and to complex for it to be fun

i want to blow shit up, not earning money for living

Lol

>game ends on a sombre cliffhanger

What a shame. The game was quite entertaining, including story wise.

>clip
>Gearbox

>CLIP

>starring johnny depp

where is it from? dat shot

i want fun shooting
not console dumb slow motion shit with scores and 2 enemies only for fucking 24 seconds of """"INTENSE"""" gameplay for console retards

painkiller was soooo much better

there will be blood

very good film, great acting, focused on characters rather than plot

They want to dip in that dishonored 2 audience

WHAT? YOU'RE GONNA KILL MY DICK?

I'LL KILL YOUR DICK!

thank you. downloading

>Shit I've seen down here will turn your assholes purple

>another remaster
this truly is the darkest timeline

>tfw I bought this game for the beta of 3
>Love it and get to have fun with 3 when it launched
>get hundreds of into gears 3
>Judgment announced and see that the bulletstorm characters might be playable
>hyped as fuck
>"Oh sorry btw only employees of the game can play these characters."
>Dropped judgement after only playing it for a few days

One of the very few purchases where I legit wondered why I even bothered.

>i'd pay for it if it means we'll get a sequel by People Can Fly

you can already forget about that, people can fly already stopped existing and making only shitty vr games, if anything gearbox would like to get your money to make sequel with 3 season passes and 60 skins for characters, pls pre order - randy

is judgement really short? felt like I finished it in like a few hours and never touched it again

The best part of that was the seconds long pause between her saying that and him responding

I can only imagine his face while he was trying to compute that. It was also a nice segue into the action with your co-op partner responding "Speaking of dick killing".

Its pretty fun game but linear as fuck

It felt really short that's for sure.

>The best part

There was no good part in that.

>Bulletstorm was shit btw
nah

Honestly the game wasn't that good. Entertaining for a while but I couldn't even finish it

>remaster for a game that's only a few years old
these remasters are getting ridiculous.

>Gearbox
Oh man they're great at remasters, I mean just look at Homeworld 1 Remastered

Remasters have been commonplace since like 6 years, mate.

>"the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created"

Retards keep buying them.

PCF is not dead tho
gamespot.com/articles/people-can-fly-turns-independent-buys-bulletstorm-/1100-6428420/

And they haven't been heard about ever since?

along side other new ip and sequels though, but this generation feels like 80% remaster and re-releases.

hopefully they're working on something

Oh fuck yeah.
That game was awesome.

They tried REALLY fucking hard to make you hate this guy, but he ended up being the most likable character.
The few missions you run with him have the best lines in the game.

pretty much this, it's really fun for 10 minutes and then just repetitive.

Oh fuck off, those are some stupid ass excuses for not liking this. You're bothered by fucking text of all things? And the action isn't even slow mo, I doubt that you've even played the game and you're just basing everything on a fucking webm.

C'mon son. Bulletstorm was one of the rare cases when we saw a glimpse of good old shooters where gibbing enemies and having fun was the first priority.

I know the writing was 'immature' but I fucking loved all the creative swearing.

Despite a few launch tech issues I don't see a reason for a PC remaster.

user dont be silly, people cant fly

came to post this
what the fuck is wrong with everyone

Why don't they just make the sequel?

Jesus this generation fucking sucks

As somebody who loved Bulletstorm, this makes me sad. We could've gotten a sequel with new skillshots and weapons, but it's obvious their making this remaster to see if any interest can be sparked for one, but rereleases or remake hardly help it so because nobody wants to buy the same damn game again. Darkstalkers comes to mind when they did the "Darkstalkers NEVER DIE" thing.

what's wrong with it?

Isn't this like the equivalent of people taking the time to remaster a movie like Gigli or Ishtar?

or bad santa.

Bulletstorm is easily one of the best games Gearbox ever made. On one hand it'd be nice if this sells well enough to get a sequel made, but on the other I don't trust current Gearbox to make a decent sequel.

people can fly

arent they just pretty much rip?
the astronauts and flying wild hog is what is left from them.

anyway what are they (that what is left fo them) working on? anybody knows anything

who even owns the ip?

epic? or ea or did they sell it just like gow

Gearbox had nothing to do with this game senpai

>On June 24, 2015, People Can Fly announced that they would be split from their parent company Epic Games, a process that had begun with the release of Gears of War: Judgement. As a result, the studio became independent and will be led by Sebastian Wojciechowski. The company retained the Bulletstorm franchise and revealed an unannounced project based on Unreal Engine 4.[5]

Well I guess that explains why it was actually good then.

PCF own it.

Duty Calls alone made Bulletstorm great

So what happens with remaster games on steam? I don't want to touch anything gearbox released, but the original bulletstorm has me intrigued.

eh it was funny, but the game did end up having more cod elements in it than it was good for it.

for claiming to be an oldschool shooter it really wasnt one at all

It's easy enough to pirate the original, if you're intrigued you can just do that and give it a try.

LOL this game was fucking TRASH and the only reason anyone even got it was for the GoW3 beta

Who should they get as the VA for Bulletstorm 2's protagonist?

It was good. In terms of modern SP FPS it was a step above average.

>I want off this ride.
You're on this ride till the end user.
Till the end.

I too would have preferred my Bulletstorm to be less "cinematic experience" but the core gameplay is still good and I loved it. The dialogs were great too and certain scenes felt fucking massive.

I know...

the game should have had more enemies and more of an arena style leveldesign.

just take a big cut from the new doom for the sequel.

should there ever be one

They played it safe and it was a flop. Machinegames and id took risks and now it's a fucking FPS renaissance. Too bad Epic Games are hacks.

>tfw can't even reinstall the retail PC version of Bulletstorm due to GFWL being busted
Can't be arsed to rebuy the Steam version just to play it again.

Piracy is your friend.

>where gibbing enemies and having fun was the first priority.
daddy yes right there

But my achievements...

>good old shooters where gibbing enemies and having fun was the first priority
and here was I thinking that good weapon and enemy design and maybe level design were the things that I liked

Stop being autistic.

Kill yourself.

Epic should stick with engine devlopment...

idk what to say about these guys anymore. They produce high quality stuff, but instead of doing their own thing they try to fit into this mold created by other devs and they end up developing the most generic shit ever... see paragon.

No idea about Fortnite but that looks like it wants to jump on the survival builder train too

mah niggas

New UT is great though.

jup I like it too...

>We've already remastered everything popular 7th gen
>Now we're remastering mediocre games from 7th gen

Duke Nukem Forever did this too, make fun of modern shooters then do everything exactly the same. It's one thing to be a mediocre game, it's worse to be mediocre and smug about it.

2 weapon limit
in fucking duke

wtf gearbox

ok they patched it to 4 i think, but still

This just reminded me of some game that I played on either original xbox or the 360. It was with dirtbikes or something and you'd try to break your bones going off ramps and shit. It was really good, there was some beach level, a city/town level and more but I can't fucking find anything about it. It was so satisfying to try and break literally every bone your character had