The great defence of bruma

>the great defence of bruma
>holding back the full wrath of oblivion
>brave soldiers from all over the land gather to form the line, shoulder to shoulder
>~10 NPCs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVAYY5LHhv4
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pile of wank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam

Gamebryo is a pile of wank

Well, duh.

They have the Hero of Kvatch with them.

It's like Heroes of M&M games. Each NPC represents an army.

Even ten NPC's and the en enemies are pushing it in Oblivion engine.

>Bethesda

Bethesda doesnt put in effort because they either cant, or dont have to.

Probably both since people buy it anyway

The engine just shits itself if there's more than 20 NPCs shooting at each other.

Dunno if the one used in Skyrim is much better.

I see 14 NPCs there, 15 including the player character. That's not 10.

Skyrim and FO4 do support a signifcantly higher npc count

So you can actually have huge skirmishes of 20-30 entities if you wanted

The Skyrim version of the engine allows more actors during big battles, at the cost of the actors disappearing the moment they're dead.

>huge skirmishes of 20-30 entities

That's why he put the tilde before the number, you autistic fuck. Also, it's 13 including the main character. Counting is hard, I know.

Skyrim drastically cut down ("streamlined") NPC AI which helped allow a lot more of them on screen at once.

It was great for combat, but made NPCs in general a bit more robotic/predictable

Nope, there's 13 in your screenshot, so it's 14 counting the player toon.

The game isn't Total War. Its an engine designed in 2007 mostly for single enemy encounters in first person, with high poly models. Expecting hundreds of enemies would be silly.

>~

Also there's 12 NPCs, and the player is visible (white armour). 13 in total.

Unrelated but I love that Brumas guards look like literal bananas.

progress is progress

Reducing the amount of armor pieces helped too, because the actors needed less memory.

> engine designed in 2007
> game came out in 2006

the player character is in the screenshot, whoever took it was using free-cam.

>10,000 eons in MS Paint

>Oblivion is a decade old

Time flies

7 is most likely the player

Oh, I see. I apologise.

No worries, bruh.

>tfw get the sudden urge to play through Oblivion again
>spend the better part of two days downloading and installing mods
>put up with constant crashing and performance issues
>when I finally start playing for real I'm suddenly reminded of how fucking awful the combat is
>completely lose interest in playing

every time

Skyrim is close to being 5 years old too.

It's making me realize how much better Skyrim is in terms of gameplay and combat. At least to the point where it can be salvaged with mods unlike Oblivion.

I try to keep modding to basics, like OOO and character overhaul, UI + stutter removals and stuff. Game is unstable enough even in vanilla state.

but that area is pretty fucking awesome at the amount of things that can happen
>legion beats caravan
>ncr troop show up further down the line to kill them
>legion can get wiped by nightstalkers before the caravan even gets there

>put up with constant crashing and performance issues
I swear I must be the only one who almost never suffers crashes in Bethesda's games. On the other hand, yeah, Oblivion doesn't know the word "optimization". Does the console version run as bad?

Most of the time this is down to your own doing. If you take the time to make sure your load order is 100% correct and that you have ALL the required compatibility mod patches so things work together properly, you won't have issues.

You just need to make sure you do thorough research so you know what your getting is going to work, and that your PC can handle it.

As for the combat... yeah skyrim was much better in general. There's a highly rated mod which makes oblivion combat more like skyrim (or tries to), but I've not used it so can't personally say if it's worth it or not.

You are definitely wrong about that. How exactly would that help?

I think I'm going to install Oblivion too. I feel like visiting some ayleid ruins and trying to find all of Umbacano's statues this time.

While you're at it, why don't you collect all the Nirnroot too? We both know you're going to spend more time installing and modding the game than actually playing it.

Are there even any good rape mods for Oblivion?

Bethesda's always had problems with the PS3 version. Oblivion PS3 had a bug where vampirism was incurable, even if you did the quest. Skyrim had that weird glitch that killed your save if you discovered too many areas.

I'm guessing most of the glitches were fixed sooner or later. Later, probably.

>Instead of TES VI we're getting a Skyrim v2.0
>A fucking rehash of Skyrim
>A game released November 2011
>A game that has thousands of mods so it didn't even age very badly

What the fuck man?

I actually have stuff in my pantry older than Skyrim

If it was Morrowind or even Oblivion I'd be alright with it, but what the fuck? This is a total fucking waste of manpower

>I actually have stuff in my pantry older than Skyrim
?

throw that shit out dude

also it's not a waste of manpower, it's actually incredibly efficient

they're gonna put in like maybe one month's worth of work into this, and it's going to sell almost as much as skyrim originally did, they're going to make fucking bank

>thinks the whole studio worked on remaster
I sure hope you're being ironic and fishing for (You)'s here.

You'll get your actual Skyrim 2.0 aka Fallout 4 with swords reveal on next year's E3.

Ah yes, I forgot the PS3 got the Skyrim DLC later than everyone else too.

>Collecting all the nirnroot.
I'm not that autist user.

Relax man, it's just stuff like salt and canned stuff and some boozes

The point is that the game isn't even five fucking years old

>they're gonna put in like maybe one month's worth of work into this, and it's going to sell almost as much as skyrim originally did, they're going to make fucking bank
Hell, they said they ported the game already when they were started development for FO4, so even that work is already done.

>dat art direction tho

This just made me want to reinstall Skyrim this afternoon.

>Instead
It's not instead of anything. However pointless the skyrim remaster is it isn't like we would have otherwise got another TES. Other than the fact that the manpower required to make the remaster wouldn't nearly eclipse an entire new game, Fallout 4 didn't come out that long ago and their last dlc for it just came out recently - so if they are working on the next TES, they probably have been working on it for like a year at most

Same here, except it's for the game in general. I get reminded how samey, copy-pasted everything is; there's no real life to the world. Just fetch quest after fetch quest.

I've only played Oblivion on the Xbox 360 first edition, back when it sounded like a jet engine. The only weird bug like that I noticed was wandering out in the west weald. The game would turn into a slideshow with some flowers and trees popping in and out.

>Collecting ninroot
>Not just using the console to get them

>not just playing through vanilla with bug fix mods

the actual "content" mods are all amateur trash

Biggest dissapointment of all time

>Martin still using his fucking enchanted iron dagger

GODDAMN BETHESDA YOU'RE SO FUCKING INCOMPETENT

>As for the combat... yeah skyrim was much better in general

In the New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC, in the optional final battle against the marked men, all of them melts into green goo no matter what weapon you use against them. Which is probably done for technical convenience

I implore you to reconsider.

if anything, at least with skyrim they managed to get rid of the periodic open world loading times, and in FO4 they got rid of the opening of containers to loot, so slight progress.

One of those is an actual improvement, the other is just you being a faggot who can't take a literal microsecond to open a box to see what's inside.

>the fight that will end the civil war in Skyrim

To be fair, at least the game kept spawning waves of enemies constantly.
>play conjuration mage
>reach 100 in conjuration
>each "siege" and civil war combat event is just me standing in place for 5 minutes while my dual dremora lords impale enemies on swords

>new Vegas
>city is divided into parts

I rember wrecking everything with dual dremora lords on my first plaything. It completely trivialized literally everything since I could make conjuration spells practically free to cast with enchantments.

God I can't believe that was 5 years ago. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

A few years ago I created a mod so that a hundred+ guards took part in the battle and a lot more daedra too. My frame rate dropped to about 8 fps then the game crashed.

>playing the game
>not just using the console to finish the whole main quest line and uninstalling the game.
scrub

The standing + one handed drawn + shield on animation in skyrim is so fucking ridiculous, it's like the shield has the weight of a feather, even oblivion had it slightly better

Skyrim still have a limit on the number of npcs that will fight in a big battle.

True I guess. Also as much as everyone does want a properly new engine for their games I wouldn't take it if it would sacrifice modding capability/ease of use somehow.

Hoover dam had the advantage of being a cramped, closed quarters fight. Plus it has many distractions like room to room fighting, a bomber doing a couple of runs and an Enclave vertibird dropping a squad of elite power armored soldiers. It's still empty as hell but it's a lot less empty than Bruma where you have a whole empty field of snow to contrast you meager "army" and nothing else going on to distract the pathetic skirmish.
Skyrim also did it pretty well with battles happening in forests, ruins or city blocks to give that illusion of scale.

T-Thanks console plebs for holding back PC games.

The ninroot quest is a literal fetch quest. All you do is collect a shit ton of a rare plant for an old fag, only to have him tell you to collect even more. At least shit actually happens in the main quest.

>new engine
As much as people say this they never think how this would affect the modding scene. Real 3d modding is basically dead outside of Valve and Bethesda games, and lord knows Valve is taking their time releasing new games. Unless Bethesda uses Source 2 for TES VI I think modders would probably be pretty unhappy with a new engine. I think the new Cryengine is pretty modular, maybe that's why Prey is using Cryengine so Beth can test it out.

l2count

yes retard, skyrim's combat was better than oblivion's.

Whoever they've got coding AI and routines for the AI should be fired.
Into the sun.

Memeing aside, the smoothness of melee/archery combat and related animations was one the main improvements in skyrim outside of visuals.

>Skyrim
>Civil War is fucking bad
>Look At Civil War Overhaul
>Supposed to bring back a ton of cut content, remake the questline to be actually dynamic like it was supposed to, and sort out every issue with the original
>Done by a complete autist retard
>Description is so fucking cringeworthy and author tries way too hard to be funny
>Mod is completely broken
>When people complain about how unfunny the author is, he acts ASTOUNDED that people are reading the description like he constantly fucking tells them to
I shed a tear everytime on that piece of shit.

The same shit happened in New Vegas. The ending battle on the dam was supposed to be a war, it was like 10 of cesars guards, and the explosions from the planes and artillery made the game look an amateur's side project. These bethesda games are so overrated.

I think it'll be the latest idTech.
The Devil (Zenimax Media) owns both studios so Bethsoft'd basically be able to use it for free.

It makes House Redoran look pathetic, since they got attacked by the same type of attack than Bruma and they got their shit pushed hard.

Oblivion had some of the most interesting NPC AI in pretty much any game of this type. If you paid attention, you could see that they could actually do quite a bit. Their schedules were FAR more detailed than skyrims in general as well.

I'm not convinced. I played Oblivion a great deal when it was new and none of the NPCs did anything that particularly stood out to me.

>CHIM.webm

New Vegas was the first game to use anything remotely similar to "radiant ai", Oblivion ai was entirely preset.

I actually didn't care much about modding before Skyrim came out. Because modded features and content are just so much better than shit you see in vanilla game.

Name ONE 3D-rpg that does large scale battle right with 100s of npcs.

Oblivion had the most complex AI routines in Bethesda's games. At least compared to Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim, where routines were simplified to optimize the game for consoles.
I was always impressed how guards switched each other twice a day, with dialogue and all.

Sure, it was dumb at times, but it was impressive and fun to look at even when it didn't work the way it should.
youtube.com/watch?v=MVAYY5LHhv4

Nu-id don't give a shit about modding though anymore, DOOM has a glorified level-editor and Quake Champions won't have modding or even SnapMap. It will be as locked down as Overwatch. Now that Carmack's left we'll never see a devkit or open-source version of idtech.

Play Unreal Tournament

>Carmack
He's too busy shilling his amazing VR technology to kids at Minecon that won't even be able to afford it.

No you don't get it. Oblivion uses packages for ai, and none of them allowed for randomness i.e. radiant a.i. It wasn't until Fallout 3 and New Vegas was there a package allowing random behavior based on the environment.

Mountain Blade.

EZPZ.

If they used Unreal Engine 4 it'd be fine. Doubt it though.

Can't honestly think of any.
But I WAS thinking of the Mardi Gras level from Hitman Blood Money.
A sprawling, dense crowd to move though.
But they have no AI. For all intents and purposes they were animated mannequins that didn't even count as kills when mowed down.
Then we have FEAR's 'AI'. Fun to fight against and giving all appearance of being dynamic, but they're not: Monolith just set each encounter up in a clever way and did lots of different animations for the simple scripts to run.
At the end of the day, it's not amazingly complex routines that aid in suspension of disbelief: It's being clever with simple tools.

TL;DR
Less is often more.

user didn't said Open World RPG so is right, Mount & Blade fits perfectly.

There you go

>20-30 entities
>huge

10 is too much you only need one guard to close a oblivion gate.

What games have the best massive battles? Not including strategy games.

mount&blade no contest

Rom...
>Not including strategy games.
Fuck

The fuck? Is that unarmored person the player character or something?

Mountblade, ramp up that battle size to 500++

This
Spartan Total Warrior and Viking Battle for Asgard as well.

Post the todd edit

You can also easily edit a txt to make it more than 150 entities, you can maket 100 v 100 if your PC can handle it which is great.

>posted the first Rome

mah nigga

Seriously, GOG version fucking when.

ApolloDownsyndrome is the worst person in the world.

Mine is set to max 250 vs 250 at once, PC is old but can just about handle it.

>sudden urge to fap to modded ES games
>spend hours perfectly seeting up mods for better lights, women, beasts, positions, ect.
>women has rocket tits so now have to reconfigure everything again
>finally fap, maybe an hour of edging
>notice how much space this take and figure I'll just fap to videos
>Delete it all
>4 months later decide I need to do it all again

My dick needs to realize what its asking every time.

>dfw when your sat in a skyrim tavern and NPCs don't start murdering each other for some reason while you're just sat there

>I see 14 NPCs there, 15 including the player character.

Player character is not an NPC. so its not 15 NPCs there including the player character.

>PIC
Can Redoran actually do this? Reanimate the giant crab?

Copy your installation and compress it, so next time you can just dump it on the game folder again.

>huge
>uge
>

mount & blade is KINDA open world in the sense that the entire map is available for battle but only the specific cell where the fight happens is loaded.

if you pay attention the maps always have a consistent terrain with the world map's geography so you can come back to the same places if you fight there.

you can edit the limit yourself and have up to 1000 vs 1000 battles, if you're brave.

in normal mountain blade the battles load around 30 units at a time and the rest spawn as reinforcements after enough units have been cut down.

That's what they did during the Oblivion Crisis.

I love oblivion as much as I always did but this was a massive shit the bed moment and there are so many ways they could have avoided it.

>engine can't possibly support scenes with many NPCs
>"lets put a scene with many NPCs in the game"
this isn't laziness, it's just stupidity

>mfw spent pretty much an entire summer break playing Oblivion back in the day
>it will forever be my #1 comfy game because of that
I just can't help it.

I really wish I could play Oblivion, but the engine is just so terribly unstable. THAT'S the game that needs a remaster in the much more stable Fallout 4 version of the engine, not fucking Skyrim. I don't hate Skyrim, but that game is barley 5 years old, and obviously they're doing it because that's what all the normies love, and porting Oblivion to the new engine would require actual work.

This version of Gamebryo is Bethesda's baby, yes.

Bethesda unfortunately sets the limits.

>20fps

>toon

>tfw in 10 years of playing Oblivion never rolled Redguard
Well I guess it's time

>the content that interests you is divided between 3 different, non-compatible mods
All of the day, bro.

>there were trebuchets and ballistas in the 2nd and 3rd eras. There cannons in the 2nd era

>oblivion doesn't have any and skyrim just has catapults

>played since morrowind

Never played redguard, argonian, khajiit, orc or High elf.

I can never bring myself to play as the race outside of wherever the game is set. Not playing as a Nord in Skyrim always feels cheesy to me, or an Imperial in Oblivion.

That looks like a trebuchet to me desu

Darn it you got me

You know what'd be really cool though?
Hear me out on this.
What if all the siege equipment you listed, what if it actually fucking did something?

What if you're right?

I think it would be cool and show that bethesda can make siege equipment more than just a prop

Not that the actual battle was much bigger buy you guys are aware that it was up to you how many people came and the max was much bigger than that

Like you said, the actual battle isn't much bigger, it's a moot point in that case.

Is it still one of the greatest games ever made?

This shit would be acceptable in an indie game.

This is pretty much some of THE top selling vidya. It makes billions of dollars. In other forms of media, they hire the best people they can find to create high quality content. Triple A video games are made by amateur PC users, the existence of whatsoever artistic skills of who is questionable at best.

Just saying i noticed a lot of people itt putting a lot of effort into counting the people in ops pic and making images about it, ect.

>This shit would be acceptable in an indie game.
Reminder that M&B has realtime 200 man battles where each fighter is being controlled by individual AI who can also execute your commands IN GROUPS.

We need more RPGs like Mount and Blade, where the developer doesn't give a shit about the grafiks, and just fits as many NPCs on screen as possible

I don't understand how any of these games got popular. It's like none of them played an mmo before.

those fights also take place on the most basic of maps, with worse graphics, and are don't have to be on consoles

because mmos suck

MMOs are absolutely terrible garbage though user

Looks about as complex as Oblivion or Skyrim there. It's not like you need a good PC to run that either, Core 2 did just fine.

I like how the first post silenced the obisdrones immediately.

>he didnt collect all the Nirnroot

Ok so Bethesda obviously cant create a decent engine... but why do they play to its' weaknesses like that? Are they fucking retarded?

If they're too stupid to fix the engine then why not just make a story that's smaller in scale or something? Like a feud between 2 families or something like the guild questlines in Oblivion and Skyrim?

It's nothing like an MMO?

While we're at it though. TESO is the best TES game available.

only problem with increasing army sizes like that is sieges become unbearable

>he doesn't dual wield bows

Explains why it looks like shit

Definitely the player, they're wearing a helmet from Shivering Isles

or they just dont care?

Imagine Skyrim + Mount and Blade.

There's nothing to be said, everyone knows the Hoover Damn battle was disappointing in its scale.

They had to deal with the shitty engine and console restraints on top of publisher pressure and a very short development time.

Is that the game that lets me have a shakashuri blowdown?

>still no game where a goro-ass looking dude dual-wields bows

>tfw still no four-armed bard to rock out with a dual-necked guitar

Never played Oblivion I see.

>guy in middle goes to reload
>shot no less than 5 times from point blank
>fuck flinching, doesn't even slow down

That's a hard ass nigga right there.

>toon

Wipe this meme from the face of the Earth.

>Still no dual wield candles as the priest class game
Someone post that old art pic where three priests "fight" a skeleton if you got it

I got lost in a copypasted office looking for the NCR general

Really, the worst end battle.

>Bethesda's shitty ass engine
>"Obsidian btfo xD"

can a physical CD KEY for oblivion be registered on steam? I don't mean just so it can launched through the library, I mean registered so you can then download it via steam. We could do that with skyrim but not sure if it can be done with oblivion

Why not just buy it off steam?

I could, but I've already got a physical copy with it's CD key hidden away somewhere

you have to buy it again sorry friendo

:^)

You wouldn't lie to me would you Todd?

>tfw you're right

Todd? You mean that asshole who made the best game ever, Fallout 4?
I mean, I GUESS if you want Oblivion on steam you'd need to buy it again, I mean, Todd might be a meanie, but he wouldn't lie to us, ever.

It's a game dependent on Dx9.

Damn that's old enough for a fingering.

> mount & blade
I mean I love the game, but you only could have like 24 units on both sides, the rest came in as "reinforcements".
I remember slaughtering waves after waves of peasants, all from the same army.

all scripted events.
game is boring as shit.

I can imagine the Nord bit, since why the fuck would an argonian or dunmer be dragonborn or join the Stormcloaks. But you're not really ''the chosen one'' in Oblivion so i don't mind it that much.

You poor sodd, you could edit the game in 10 seconds to allow as many NPCs on the battlefield as your PC could handle.

Personally I had the limit set to 500, and my PC is old.

Pretty sure that was a joke.

they should just buy red engine and build from there

>24
nigga the default was like 100, and the max without mods is 200
don't lie

Well, then my bad, never really modded it. Still I would argue that the battles arent the BEST massive battles in existence. RTS games handle the concept just better for me.

>why the fuck would an argonian or dunmer be dragonborn
because souls can reincarnate into different species
> or join the Stormcloaks
you don't HAVE to join the stormfront retards

Can you make a gif of this? It's hard to follow

Bethesda should stop trying to put huge battles with multiple npc's fighting. It always ends up looking lame and stupid. IMO battles should always take place in the background or offscreen so that we don't see the incredibly unreal and robotic 20 vs 20 men fighting each other by frantically waving their swords around.

>because souls can reincarnate into different species
That's just an asspull so player don't feel bad if they pick other races, it's a nord legend.
>you don't HAVE to join the stormfront retards
Yeah, but you can.

Ridiculous that they didn't do a Skyrim/Oblivion remaster.

Oblivion is a travesty of game design. Every single game mechanic is fundamentally broken in some way. Consider just level scaling alone: it means your character grows proportionally weaker as you gain levels. It fills the world with daedric armor-wearing bandits and 1000-HP mudcrabs. It makes all unique items gained from quests useless, as they also scale to your level at the moment you completed the quest. Just this one single mechanic irreversibly fucks up your character, the gameworld and the itemization.
Add to this dumbed down mechanics(AKA muh spears), Disneyworld game design, terrible console-first menu and inventory design, terrible quest design, terrible guilds(they're all just linear series of quests which can all be completed simultaneously, without any interplay between them, as in Morrowind), terrible stealth which makes you invisible to everyone simply by crouching in front of them, terrible dialogs, terrible character models, terrible lockpicking& persuasion minigames, terrible writing...
Pretty much one of the worst game of all time.

Also, let's dispel this notion that Oblivion quests are good. They are not good. 95% of them consist of running around in circles and hitting things with your sword. There would maybe be some exotic, terribly written reason for you to run in circles and hit things with your sword, which is apparently enough for neo-Cred Forums to proclaim these the best quests ever.
In fact, the only reason that the mediocre DB questline is so highly regarded is that it breaks the monotony of running in circles and hitting things with your sword. There's still no branching, no meaningful consequences, not a single skill or stat check in the entire questline- these are not good quests.
The only people who would find Oblivion better than Morrowind are the

>Skyrim
nigga the game is 5 years old

Except the default setting for 'maximum units at the same time in a battlefield' was 100, and you could easily increase it to 200.
Without mods.
24 was, I think, the lowest setting you could go to. I dunno, there was a slider.

its waifu simulator 4: daedric boogaloo
from 10 years ago
do you really think it DOESNT have a rape mod by now user?

And? Oblivion is 10 years old, Morrowind is 14 years old. Bethesda are just lazy fucks because it'll probably take some effort remastering those 2 games.

My point is who the fuck remasters a game that isn't at least 7-9 years old?

>Pile of [VERB]

Yeah, could even say its a pile of [Waving]

>Hasn't actually played Oblivion
kek. Good one.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pile of wank

Yes

>the ultimate nostalgia goggles game
>says Morrowind, an older and even more shilled game, is less of a "nostalgia-goggles game"

Please try harder next time. It's no fun when it's easy to prove you're an idiot.

Good counter argument.

Dunmer and Argonians have plenty of reasons to hate the empire.

During the Oblivion crises the empire essentially abandoned them both, while morrowind is still technically part of the empire it's mostly run independently.

lore wise, it's reasonable to assume that some might be willing to side with the stormcloaks just to spite the imperials.

Also,
>what are mercenaries

Plenty of mercs don't give a shit who they're fighting for as long as it's giving them work.

Good come back :^)

Oblivion only came out 4 years after Morrowind. Skyrim came out 5 years ago, really makes you think.

God, I wish I could be 6'2" like Todd

>Dunmer and Argonians have plenty of reasons to hate the empire.
But no reason to join the Stormcloaks who've been treating them and their kin like shit.

don't Argonians live in some horrible swamp that only they really thrive in? Beyond just supplies, what could the Empire do?

THIS IS ME except i dont install mods

On a recent mod binge playthrough I was actually quite surprised at how fucking smooth and stable the various mods such as engine fixes, reloaded, patches, enb boost, etc make the game

it felt like something almost optimized

>terrible lockpicking minigame
fuck you m8

i'd rather not shitty my memory of mount & blade up by introducing skyrim shit into it

>That's just an asspull
its literally has always been the case, souls are recycled, stripped of their memories and randomly sent back

I'm sorry, but did the yo already prove I'm an idiot? Oh, that's right. The thread hasn't even been archived yet. In fact, it's only page 3. Does having a dev who cares about your game count as losing? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this post when the game is still in beta? Morrowind is still in beta right now and has been the best game in the genre for how many years now? It's running in one of the worst engines in the genre that just happens to have a lot of opposing fans because they're feeding off the lack of support of disillusioned fans. But you know what? They're still fucking here. Morrowind is one of the best fucking games in the RPG genre, it had 70 cliff racers in Seyda Neen last year and would of had mudcrabs if the weather wasn't a drought. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded posts like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Morrowind stays in the top of GOAT lists and someone reposts this topic. Oh look at that, Bethesda just announced they're remastering a game when the game needed to get just one patch, just like Ubisoft does. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a post on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Morrowind posts because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the game because it's nice. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking games on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your posts now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a post like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.

>what could the Empire do?
Exactly what they did: occupy some border cities, call the province "annexed" and forget about it.

Oblivion colors a very gaudy.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. By comparison Skyrim looks like it's been bleached and let out to dry in the sun for 3 months

nothing, read argonian account, there is no way imperial soldiers could deploy in black marsh

Falseflagger, leave!

People who think the lockpicking is terrible are idiots who never bothered learning how to do it.

The profit to effort ratio is way, way higher.

so then why would the Argonians be mad?

it really does have shit lockpicking.

THE ONLY games with good lockpicking were gothic 1 and 2.

Reminds me, one of my favourite small oblivion mods made lock picking real-time.

It was chance based, obviously depending on your skill level the higher chance you had. But with it being real-time you had to watch out for patrolling guards, other NPCs etc because if you where picking in their view it's counted as a crime... made things much more interesting

>let me see your face
>you're the one from my dreams
>not the chosen one
Bruh

>playing skyrim/ oblivion without skyUI/ darnifiedUI

They were mad with the dunmer because of their raids to capture slaves. They don't seem to hate the empire too much.

just to clarify the minigame was removed - your character played a picking animation when you clicked on a lock, and it was chance based if it would unlock or not based on your skill level. Much more crpg like.

No one does that, you silly anime girl.

What do you expect, to wait for the most able men from all the towns to run there? That would take seven minutes you cunt

First time I played modded RTW. I think it was the SPQR mod? Could be wrong, turn 1 as rome you must fight against Hannibal. The battle lasted over 50 minutes and thousands died. The ground was literally a carpet of corpses. I only won by my men reforming after breaking over and over due to taking such heavy casualties. Some of the most fun I've had in a strategy game. I wish I had more screenshots.
Unfortunately while this mod was awesome the turns could potentially take an hour or more each and that made it way too slow for me.

forgot my pic

They hated the dunmer (thus taking southern morrowind), but many never liked the fact that the empire claimed black marsh as being "theirs". They took the first chance they had to leave

>buy a xbox 360 for the sole purpose of playing Oblivion
>had to hunt down a T rated copy of Oblivion because my mom wouldn't let me get M rated games

It was tough being 13

>24 units on both sides
What 2001 toaster are you playing this game on, senpai?

I didn't even manage to rout all of his units before time ran out though

His son is the chosen one, mang. He turns into a dragon and punches dagon back into oblivion.
Its like a shitty dnd adventure where the dm makes a shitty dmpc who saves the day.

my mum bought oblivion for my brother but she didn't know shit about pcs and our junker couldn't run it at all

she gave it to me a few years back after i built my first pc as a joke present

What's the appeal of Bethesda games, since people more or less universally agree that they play like garbage, and have lame stories?

>someone at Bethesda gets to fuck Wonder Woman
Kill me.

rollplaying freedom
that's literally their niche

everything else they do is mediocre

But how can you roleplay in Skyrim and FO4 when you can be everything at once with no consequences for joining hostile factions at the same time?

+ being HIGHLY moddable. It's what keeps each game going 10 years or more.

You still were the one meant to rescue him and make the chain of events leading to that point possible. The Septims were known for their prophetic dreams

Not really sure. There are quite a few games that do everything bethesda games do but better. Modding is probably the only thing.

i get the feeling people are finally getting bored of the formula. most people i speak to who were hyped for fo4 were massively disappointed and found it boring.

>decide to make a mage character
>join fighters guild
"wow wtf"
You could just like, you know, not join guilds you don't want to be in?

>T rated copy of
There are kiddie versions of popular games? Wooow.

Everything he wrote was right. The only skill check I can remember it had were the stat influenced dice roll based "persuasion" system and I'm not quite sure now if it was stat influenced at all.

Nope, Oblivion was originally released as a T rated game but it got rerated in the same way as GTA San Andreas

>when a non-english speaker tries to fit in
lol

Notepad is the best RPG bro
"wow wtf theres nothing there"
Just make your own story bro, no limitations bro

Because they are still pretty much the only ones who make games of that type(well, apart from NV).

I can't think of any other first person sandbox RPG's that was made after 2000ish that wasn't in some way connected to Bethesda.

To be fair. Roleplaying is all about putting up your own limits most of the time. Want to roleplay as a mage? Don't use swords. Simple.

By making a character with specific skills and allegiances in mind. You've seriously never roleplayed before?

>it fills the world with daedric armor-wearing bandits and 1000-HP mudcrabs

That has been a feature in every TES game since Morrowind to be fair.

>Also, let's dispel this notion that Oblivion quests are good. They are not good.

I think you need to leave

It actually is. As long as you have a person to play it with.

Didn't any of you make your own shitty simple tabletop RPG's as a kid? It was a blast.

fo4 was just a money filler for bethesda until TES VI, im gonna guess november 2019 will be the release day assuming it's secretly in the works.

fo4 was just a modded version of the engine skyrim used, but with PBR materials/lighting slapped on top. TES VI will finally be on a new engine (they where advertising for highly experienced engine programmers over a year ago, when fo4 was already finished up in production)

>Viking Battle for Asgard
I had forgotten about that game, pretty mediocre but never outright bad. Those battles did have a huge amount of NPCs but enemies always went straight to you so I guess their AI was taking a toll.

You are the hero that causes the event, as Zurin said. The event just happens to focus on someone else.

>tfw latest steam patch broke roma surrectum 2

Oblivion's questlines were utter garbage mechanics and writing-wise.

Great now we get GET flooded for the most idiotic comment.

Rightfully so. Fuck with the Hist, you get Argonian fist!

meant for

You must have absolutely hated the quest in all the other TES games if you think Oblivion was the low point.

They are by far the worst in Skyrim since Skyrim is the most "cinematic" and it kills all pacing.

>see those trees? now you don't fuck you go buy fallout 4

Nothing beats closing 10 or 11 gates of copypasted oblivion.

Nothing beats using a live another life mod which completely turns off the oblivion gates & main quest unless you wish to start it

This is what enviromentalist believe.
I'm like 8 years late with that joke though it's not about the enviroment anymore but the trigendered aromatic hufflepuffs but you already knew that don't you?

>pick redguard
>get giant afro
>pick up akaviri katana and never stop using it
Could be fun

Morrowind at least had conflicting questlines- thieves tried to steal the warriors guild's shit etc. Oblivion has nothing- just linear series of boring, badly written quests.

I remember rolling a redguard back when I played Oblivion for the first time a a kid.

I spent forever in the character creating trying to make him look white.

acktually they moved on to animal rights and heavy handed vegan proselytism

> story building up to a huge fight between local mercs and the militia
> the battle begins
> 5-6 guys on either side stand 15ft away from each other standing stock still firing at each other until one throws a grenade killing the other side

This

Who is number 6? Can't remember that guy at all.

THANKS XBOX

Bruma lord maybe

A regular soldier who decided to dress for the occasion.

Well, three gates.

If you are upset about copy paste content and dungeon crawling I'm not sure why you decided to play the TES games in the first place.

But it at least tried to have some drama. I like both, there is an elegance to Morrowinds overly simple "I need X so go get it from Y" type of quest design. But after a while everything just starts to blend together.

I barely remember any quest from the Morrowinds mage's guild. It's all just one big blur. But I remember a fuckload of the quests in Oblivion.

>ywn be hyped for oblivion again
One of the last games I got truly hyped over and lost in once it released. This the first promo piece I saw for it

Fuckin' magic thread, dude

I take it (You) can show yourself out?

wait in the imperial city until 9pm or so and watch all the merchants leave their stores and head home in the other districts to have dinner and go to sleep. Then steal all of their shit :^)

Myself I had never heard about it before. One day my brother told me to play it and I was blown away. The first time I stepped out of the sewers and saw the world I knew this was a game I was gonna spend countless hours in.

It was the first RPG I properly got into and enjoyed. Before that I mostly just played shooters and RTS's and Diablo 2 which barely counts as an RPG. Oblivion kind of made me love the genre and now it's my favorite.

pretty sure the bruma countess was a woman in blue. I've played Oblivion many many hours.

So classy he left his weapons at home.

>Daggerfall did the "infinite quests" from Skyrim first
>They had much more variety

Fuck off, no one cares.
Stop trying to derail the thread with your shitty Cred Forums le epic dubs mentality.

How are the oblivion and Morrowind renewal projects going to work with that Skyrim remaster?

being a thief in oblivion was soo much better than in skyrim.

skyrims homes felt very "cut & paste" in terms of what you could find, oblivion was much more interesting loot wise I thought. And remember the castles that had the back areas where you weren't allowed, and had to avoid the guards or they'd instantly force you to leave? Loved going into those areas.

And talking about NPCs, at least one of the thiefs on the waterfront would actually sneak into town at night and break into houses, others would steal food or try and pick pocket other NPCs if they had a low responsibility level. NPCs can't do that in skyrim.

>the only way to make Skyrim's story & consistency not utter dogshite is to establish headcanon
Fuck you from the bottom of my dick.

And they are just as boring and tedious as they were in Skyrim. Even more so now that you have to spend like a hour going through a maze dungeon hoping the item or enemy you are there to find/kill haven't glitched up.

It's a bit of a shame, because Daggerfall is so damn comfy, but the boring quests and tedious dungeons drags down the fun a lot.

A maze dungeon might be fun every once in a while, but not when 90% of the game is just walking through the same corridors trying to find that one little hidden door that leads to the next area with the next hidden teleporter.

You and me both
>tfw you manage to create an albino nigger

Use your imagination. Generic NPCs in Bethesda games aren't individuals, they're representative of a larger population. Each guard represents a hundred or even a thousand guards and the same goes for the enemies. It might look like a handful of people when you're playing, but in-universe it's a huge fucking battle in the tens of thousands.