Why do people overrate this shit game?

From bullet sponges to monster closets, to repetitive linear forced progression level design, circle-strafehopping being only "strategy", to overabundance of QTE's, to littered audio logs to cluttered hud, button prompts galore, no replayability, collectathon map design, shit dubstep music, guns with no weight nor impact whatsoever, and piss-easy health recovery system (might as well be regenerating if it's this fucking casual).

Did Doom 2016 do anything right? Also, the aesthetics are not horror and are downright fucking Halo. People rightfully hated this game before it released, and now it's overrated by outspoken children run amok. What the fuck happened? Did we play the same game? Does Bethesda have their claws that deeply seated into our youth?

> I was a Duke Nukem 3D guy over Doom
> started new Doom last night
> had a lot of fun

I feel bad for Anons that hate everything.

I never gave a fuck about original Doom to begin with. It's aesthetics always unnerved me and came across as juvenile. Wolfenstein was always better, but this new Doom game is just garbage and I can't stand hearing people pretend they're patrician and praise it as something "substantial" when it's mediocre.

>I never gave a fuck about original Doom to begin with

And we're fucking done here.

You only like that the movement speed is fast and that you're not playing a brown military fps. That doesn't make it good. You have no concern for game design or balance, and fundamentally, D44M is an insult of mediocrity.

The original Doom was pretty shit and unoriginal, guy. Wolfenstein was better. I'm just comparing D44M to far superior shooters of the time like SiN, Marathon, and Star Siege

>the aesthetics unnerved me and were juvenile

Ill give you unnerving and juvenile
And by that i mean my peeeeanus weanus of course :)

i was a blood guy

So you're complaining about a game that wasn't meant for you?

>Wolfenstein was better
Are you retarded? Wolf3D has like 3 weapons and all the levels are quite literally the same.

Doom took f3d and did it right, bertter maps, better guns, enemies, even textures and lighting. And wernt they both made by the same people anyway?

Also if yer standars for a good game is litterally creating new genire than i am sorry for you

>Never cared for DOOM to begin with
>Original DOOM was shit and unoriginal

Jesus Christ

> bullet sponges
Nope
> Monster closets
Nope
> linear level design
Nope
> Circle strafe only strategy
Nope
> Overabundance of QTE's
Bothered me at first too, but warmed up to it quick. I'll give a pass.
> Littered audio logs
Nope, pretty few and far between
> Cluttered HUD
Nope
> Button prompts galore
Redundant to QTE
> No replayability
Nope

And at this point I realized I was replying to bait. But one more point just in case you are serious - the health system is not that easy. Play nightmare you pussy.

And that is you, Missing the entire point why people loved DOOM so much in the first place

"Linear = bad" is one of the worst memes on this board

>I HATE THIS GAME! WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE ELSE HATE IT.

Fuck off OP. You don't like Doom so why do you give a shit?

Nightmare isn't unlocked by default.

Wolf 3d hasn't aged well at all, Doom is better in literally every singe way. There's literally only one good Wolfenstein game and two ok ones, I don't understand why people are fans of that franchise.

Wolf has better doors that open to the side

Because its an AAA title that lets you go fast while shooting people. even though I didnt like it that much its a step in the right direction

Yes it is.
It just has red text which threw me off at first as well.

>qte

What? There isn't a single QTE in the game

Yes it is you're just dumb and didn't try to scroll to it.

>There are people who thing pressing 'E' every 5 seconds to look for hidden wall secrets is good gameplay design
>"Uh uh uh uh where is it?"

Regardless

>le just play the game on the highest difficulty if everything else is too easy ;)
It's either get 2-shotted by Imp fireballs, or a leisurely stroll through Hell with no opposition.

Sorry that they didn't have a difficulty setting balanced exactly to your level of shit-play user.

git gud

The first few levels are the hardest, it gets easier once you start upgrading. Try playing the game for more than an hour.

$0.03 has been deposited into your account

So you want a difficulty thats higher than normal so you can stoke your ego but not a difficulty that's actually difficult.

gotcha sempai

I want a difficulty that's a challenge, without simply making the AI instagib.

That's pretty much ultraviolence.

UV was too easy. Enemies bled healthpacks and ammo for free. The only trouble I had was that one room with like 2 Barons, and a half dozen Revenants and Cacodemons, and the second boss.

>The original Doom was pretty shit and unoriginal
K.
This place is full of hipster weeb baiting fucks.

cus its FUN you fucking shitsack

The lockdown sequences got really repetitive

Halo died after bungie passed the baton to 343. Tell me what halo was better after Reach.
the answer does not exist.

>From bullet sponges to monster closets, to repetitive linear forced progression level design, circle-strafehopping being only "strategy"
Sounds like the original Doom. Bravo neo id

By the time every enemy is introduced, all of the encounters become the same.

TU Reach

You can't have
>repetitive linear forced progression level design
and
>collectathon map design
in the same game. Those are opposing design principles. You're basically saying that a linear game has too much exploration. That doesn't make sense.