Why is this game considered "edgy"?

Why is this game considered "edgy"?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldadungeon.net/2011/07/yoshiaki-koizumi-sounds-off-on-the-inspiration-for-majoras-mask/
orig01.deviantart.net/88c3/f/2015/044/c/5/majora_s_mask_3d_by_bellhenge-d8hvvsd.jpg
orig00.deviantart.net/f688/f/2015/050/0/d/zelda___majoras_mask_by_genzoman-d8ioeo8.jpg
img01.deviantart.net/563f/i/2015/113/9/1/majora_s_mask__fan_poster__by_image_six-d5oub5b.jpg
youtu.be/XNvxYXKBmcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it's not 100% kiddy like the most of the zelda games

Rather:

It's not Wind Waker.

fuc kyuo!!!

its grimdark actually.

because Cred Forums needed to meme it somehow.

Motion blur

Is there a game on Cred Forums that hasn't been memed to death?

>everything is gonna die
>scary moon
>purple spooky mask
>painful mask transformations
>creepy mask man
>multiple deaths in a children's game
>spooky zombie dungeon
>lover's mask sidequest
Only edgier zelda game is twilight princess

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask still have the best art style. Aonuma is retarded and should've stuck with this instead of forcing his Wind Waker on everything and everyone.

Bring back Yoshiaki Koizumi!

think about the children!

Ocarina of Time is probably more popular with kids than any other Zelda game.

Jerry Boy
Jelly Boy
MOON RPG Adventure
Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak
Unlimited SaGa
Legend of Legacy
Etc

Nah, it's too old

Because you can kill an NPC in it.

Holy shit, really?

>Helping old ladies is now considered edgy

It is? I would've called it sombre.

because it stands out like a sore thumb out of the zelda collection. no other game touches such dark themes as much as MM.

you could argue that each zelda is unique and there is no "franchise-defining zelda", but they mostly seem to stick to a particular, light-hearted style.

the reason MM is so different is because often times in the early stages of a franchise developing, many experimental decisions are made until they decide on the final tone of the franchise.

ie: every mario game was unique and different until the wii """NEW""" smbros era. want an interesting mario-themed game with new characters like super mario rpg?

good fucking luck. buy colour splash and enjoy your toads, faggot.

Because it is

>The world is going to end, Link's soul is young and tortured just like mine

WW's themes of acceptance and moving on are just as adult as anything MM did.

>WW's themes of acceptance and moving on are just as adult as anything MM did.
top kek

>tons of games with gore, immoral shit and edgy characters
>majora's mask is edgy

zeldadungeon.net/2011/07/yoshiaki-koizumi-sounds-off-on-the-inspiration-for-majoras-mask/

>in the early stages of a franchise developing, many experimental decisions are made until they decide on the final tone of the franchise.
>Super Paper Mario (just as an example of something with darker themes) came out in 2007
>21 year old franchise
>"developing"
I will agree with you that recent mario games are trash though I just wanted to be a pedantic fuck.

>Link's soul is young and tortured
When was this ever implied?

but wasn't this a limited edition?

i'll debate you on super paper mario being an exception to that generalization. i personally LOVED super paper mario, but it's current state is an underappreciated gem among fans.
this is probably due to the "paper" series automatically pulling the heavy turn-based rpg aspect with it whenever the name is mentioned. many believe ttyd to be the best in the "paper" series.
yet when they tried to differ away from the turn-based gameplay, not as many people were into it. i guess that's where shiggy decided he needed to swap focus from originality to rpg elements.
however it seems shiggy's input for "innovation" is going in the wrong places. he loves his mario characters so much that new paper mario games have almost zero original characters.
it's probably come to the point where the original dev team has since scattered from ttyd, but that golden age of gamecube era games is long gone. no more good sequels for old franchises.
now whenever they feel like mixing up the formula, it's in the complete opposite direction. how much longer until this drought of shit game design values continue? or are our favorite games unsalvageable?

Every piece of fan art/theory about MM ever

Well at least Zelda seems to be moving in a decent direction.

So no fault of the game then?

Yeah, I'm was shocked when I realized you could actually do that. It straight up deletes him and his events from the rest of the cycle too.

>mfw I convinced a kid to have his mother buy him OoT instead of MM

You can thank me for sparing you all one more future fedora poster

To this day I still want to experience exactly what happens to Link after Majora's Mask. I've been waiting too long.

Literally who considers MM edgy? Because I've seen more MM fans than OoT

But user I like both.

its literally about death

It's the games fault for presenting the hero's journey to be an angsty, depressing slog instead of a story of courage and triumph like the Zelda games before and after with the exception of TP

Low polygon count

OoT is the OK Computer to MM's Kid A

Why did he want MM in the first place having not played OoT?

But at the end of OoT Link pretty much lost everything.

The one person who experienced everything alongside him is gone user.

It's like being a married man and waking up one day to see your wife gone and half of your shit taken with her.

Reading the "MM is the best Zelda" memes going around these days. I simply told him that it's better if you play OoT first while knowing instinctively that playing OoT first leaves your eyes wide open to spot MM's multitude of problems.

So what Nintendo should just remake Zelda every four years with new dungeons so you can have your story of courage and triumph?

Grow up you fucking baby.

>But at the end of OoT Link pretty much lost everything.

Which is why OoT's ending is the worst part of that game.

More than edgy it's choke full of depressing and feelsy things.
I have a feeling Yoko Taro loves it.

Also it's too psychedelic and colorful to be edgy.
Twlight Princess is the edgy Zelda. Edgy in a very American comic book fantasy way.

>ocarina of time is about growing up
>twilight princess is about puberty
>Majoras Mask is about death

Because it's the only Zelda game that's not trash and even then it's only ok.

There's nothing edgy about it, its just both dark for the blatant stuff and down right disturbing when you notice all the subtlties

What's wrong with the ending?

>MM's multitude of problems
Explain

What are some of the disturbing things?

Yes, Kingdom Hearts already exists for the type of shit you're looking for

>You're having fun the wrong way

Yeah but not in an edgy way.

because 14 year olds learned about creepypastas and suddenly started to look far to deep into a fucking childrens game

I loved MM - but saying it's edgy is a useless buzzword, what was so fucking edgy about it? that everyone dies in the end?

forget it I can no longer tell when I'm being trolled or people are legit so stupid they have to talk in memes.

it isnt. nobody thinks this
now kys

>Let's throw all your work completely to waste by sending you back so that nothing you did really mattered and so the kingdom you busted your ass saving gets buttfucked by Ganondorf anyway

Pretty much everything outside of the writing. The dungeon are few and boring. The structure was more linear that any Zelda game prior. The world is boring once you leave clock town. The whole game really screams the fact that it's Aonuma's first time directing/

Majora's Mask has some good fan art.

orig01.deviantart.net/88c3/f/2015/044/c/5/majora_s_mask_3d_by_bellhenge-d8hvvsd.jpg

orig00.deviantart.net/f688/f/2015/050/0/d/zelda___majoras_mask_by_genzoman-d8ioeo8.jpg

img01.deviantart.net/563f/i/2015/113/9/1/majora_s_mask__fan_poster__by_image_six-d5oub5b.jpg

Yeah but people think so, which is what OP meant.

because some of the people who played it grew up to be artists

You cheeky fucker.

You want to watch Link turn into the skeletal swordsman in Twilight Princess?

"Believe in your strengths."

But Kingdom hearts is also about courage and triumph.

>Save two timelines instead of one, at the cost of getting no recognition
>Waste

>WW's themes of acceptance and moving on are just as adult as anything MM did
Holy shit you sound like a Buzzfeed overanalysing a Nickelodeon cartoon. Wind Waker is not nearly as overtly or even subtly adult as Majora.

>that everyone dies in the end?
They don't though, MM actually has a fairly happy ending.

Ignore him he can't comprehend a plot that isn't go here and save thing.

Why is it boring?

So not the game

Would that second timeline even exist if Link wasn't sent back?

I like the way those colors combine with each other and how they use a lot of different darks and lights. It is much better than all the bloom effect neo-nintendo spams all over their modern games now

>>the kingdom you busted your ass saving gets buttfucked by Ganondorf anyway
That happens in literally every Zelda game, you dolt. The evil always comes back. What, do you complain every time the Joker breaks out of Arkham Asylum?

>the dungeons are few and boring
The dungeons with the most puzzles in the game with the most mobility options? THOSE dungeons?
>the world is boring once you leave clock town
Ah, I'm being baited. Good job.

Super Paper Mario is shitty because it has awful gameplay that relies on gimmicks instead of realized platformer physics.

le giggle
look at this fag replying to obvious bait

>anything dark is angsty
>anything depressing is edgy

Thanks for the (You), friend!

what

the ending to MM is one of the happiest in the series

It's not really dark or edgy. It's like a scary PG film from the 80s for a best comparison. There's lots of death and evil and psychedelic scenes but nothing particularly explicit.

The dungeons are much better than Wind Waker's and arguably better than most of OOT's. There may be few but they're of a high quality.

I hope Breath of the Wild is the same so people will shut up.

Is this game a good game or is it not a great game?

>>Save two timelines instead of one, at the cost of getting no recognition

If he saved either of them TP or WW would never have happened

Not much of interest to do and the characters aren't nearly as good as those you get in Clock Town aside from the ones you meet in Ikana

>That happens in literally every Zelda game, you dolt. The evil always comes back. What, do you complain every time the Joker breaks out of Arkham Asylum?

Link usually kills Ganondorf only to have him revived centuries later. Ganondorf is still alive at the end of OoT and Link does nothing about it.

>The dungeons with the most puzzles in the game with the most mobility options? THOSE dungeons?
>I-It's all about puzzles

Again, that's why I said that it screams that it's Aonuma's first time directing. OoT and TP's dungeon shit all over MM's in quantity and quality

>Ah, I'm being baited. Good job.

It's the only way to make MM fags actually think

Saved =/= nothing bad happens ever again.

They're the same as Wind Waker's except longer and more tedious. OoT's adult dungeons are so good that they make MM's even more of a letdown

>the same

as what?

You have to at least solve the problem presented before you. Ganoon was a problem in LttP, WW, and TP so Link killed him.

The hell are you chatting? Wind Waker's are worst or second worse in the 3D series.

>second worse in the 3D series.

Yes, right above MM. OoT and TP are top 2 by a long shot. SS is in the middle

TP has the odd great one like the Mansion, but some of the others weren't that great. Overall it's up there though. Same deal with OOT really, but its dungeons are stronger more in aesthetics rather than structure, like the Shadow Temple which has great atmosphere but pretty shitty structure.

Majora's Mask dungeons are designed much more interestingly than those of Wind Waker, seriously go play it again.

It is time

So you admit to being a baiting faggot who probably hasn't played the game at all, and yet you still continue.
I have to admire that tenacity. Here's a (You) for your effort.

I still think it's funny that Link's Crossbow Challenge sold more than Fire Emblem Fates. Last time I checked at least.

when i had a "going into games" machine - this woulve been early 2006- i used to go into majoras mask A LOTand one of my fav things to do was fondle romani at the ranch. one of the great things about fondling video games characters is they don't fight back or struggle because they don't recognise u as a player character..it's like you dont exist. but let me tell you, she smelled like SHIT. in fact everybody i that game did..I got used to it after a while but that first moment when i smelt romani up close..i was almost sick. she looks clean & nice when you see her on television but when ur there stood next to her its a different story. The machine was stolen in the end and im kinda glad. it had started to take over my life

what the fuck

Needs an update with Hyrule Warriors, ALBW and Triforce Heroes.

I'm still trying to figure out why being edgy is a bad thing. Do people want everything to be completely kid-friendly? I know that isn't true.

>Majora's Mask dungeons are designed much more interestingly than those of Wind Waker, seriously go play it again.

It's the Zelda game I've played most recent. It reaffirmed that the dungeon design is severely lacking. Even Aonuma admitted it by going out of his way to overhaul the game mechanics in the 3D version

>Hyrule Warriors

Not a Zelda game. In fact I had it on the chart before and people yelled at me for it.

>ALBW and Triforce Heroes

They play just like 2D Zelda games so I have those on a different chart. But if I were to include them here I'd put ALBW under meh and Triforce Heroes under shit.

I liked OoT's mix of more linear setpiece dungeons like Shadow Temple and more open hub-structured dungeons like Forest/Water. Although the latter kind is my favorite pattern, which is probably why MM has some of my favorite dungeons in the series. Plus MM dungeons have the most meaningful optional content in them. Kind of like the game.

OoT=WW>TP>ST>MM>PH>SS

>Why is this game considered "edgy"?
>97 replies
all according to keikaku

MMfags are the most blindly loyal to their game. Not hard to see how this would go

So then why is Crossbow Training in. It's just a demo minigame for the Zapper. HW in comparison is a full game at least.

And yeah PH and ST for the DS also play like 2D Zeldas.

Jesus fuck fine I'll put HW back on so I can just get scolded by the other half of you autists

Man the US box art is so shit compared to the PAL one

I would put Wind Waker and Skyward Sword both above TP.

I have no idea why people love an edgu OoT remake that panders to faggots who think Link should be a badass.

>Nintendo is too kiddy
>Majora's Mask is edgy trash

When will it end?

When Nintendofags start getting taste

>Implying a child who had the balls to save the world isn't badass

What exactly would be "good taste?"

>put these games above this one because buzzwords

Fuck off

Getting over their blind worship of the 90s while also realizing that the company is in decline and needs to evolve

Beautiful art, don't you agree?

>Link should be a badass
What's wrong with this?

>People complain that nintendo is too kiddy
>Nintendo makes some games that have darker undertones
>People complain that nintendo is making edgy games

>short-ass zelda game
>themes of acceptance and moving on
Even the game thinks you're retarded.

Anyone who calls this game "edgy" have no idea what that word means, the majority of the subplots in the game end in a happy ending for all parties involved.

If going through hardships and ordeals is "edgy" then life must be a linkin park song playing 24/7 for you.

>You can read into MM's 4 dungeons as much as you want, but don't you dare do it for any other Zelda game!

youtu.be/XNvxYXKBmcU

Kamaro being based off of butch is pretty edgy.

Well they were great in the 90s. They deserve the praise they had in this area. They suck ass today. A rational person would say Nintendo used to kick ass, but today they suck ass.

>Tl note: keikaku means kawaii