FACT:

If Game Freak were to design the next Pokemon games in such a way that training only one Pokemon would be strictly detrimental rather than an irrelevant factor for your success, and the game required you to actually figure out game mechanics like Attack/Sp.Atk and status conditions to do well, both the gaming press and the vast, vast majority of the fanbase (including most of Cred Forums) would slam it as "too difficult" and "too grindy".

Discuss.

>tons of pokemon are now completely useless
>can't go with your favorite, only the overused good ones

If somebody hasn't done it already in form of a romhack mod, it would be an interesting challenge if the games an enemy trainer's pokemon is always "level x + 5" x being the level of the highest level pokemon in your team.

This way enemy trainer's always have a sharp advantage over you and you have to beat them intelligently with type advantages every time.

wait, people actually only level one pokemon?

Hexer is cute!
CUTE!!

What makes you say that?
Yes.

Who is this semen demon?

I want to turn Hex Maniac into a Sex Maniac.

I regularly see a good number of people admit to it, they did it as a kid because they thought their starter was the coolest thing ever, and they continue to do it because it's easy to play the games that way, just pouring all experience points into one monster so it can be overleveled like hell and destroy all the singleplayer trainers despite occasionally being at a type/stat build disadvantage. For what it's worth, it's what speedrunners do too.

No Hex Maniacs to be found in this thread... yet.

Just play SMT

on the topic tho:
I want more momentum in pokemon, it's too fucking slow. Make is so if you land a super effective hit, you get a second, undefendable hit and if you land a not very effective hit, the opponent get a free undefendable attack on you.

This would at the very least make switches faster and more punishing, and make speed stat less relevant.

You do realize that lots of people prefer pokemon to be slower and more tactical?

I've had the same idea since I was a kid too, but the level difference would be more dynamic.
Things like youngsters would be lower leveled, and things like ace trainers would be higher.
Sounds waaaaaaaay too complex for a romhack though. Forcing lv50 might be possible for the GBA and onward games though?

>they continue to do this into gen 3 where they have picked blaziken because fire type is best type
>mfw they run into liza & tate

I did as a kid
Gold was a breeze with my lv. 100 Typhlosion stomping the Elite Four

what is tactical about this:

>mega evolve
>dragon dance
>flying + anything
>sweep

DPPt was when tactics mattered, because stall, spin blocking, scouting, tacktics others than wallbreaking and sweeping existed.

Except you want to make the game less so by having people win just by clicking super effective moves.

Pokémon will never be difficult. Never ever. People should stop caring so much about it at this point.

Also being forced to grind more or to buy more healing items isn't more difficult. If you want to get another experience do 0 EXP + no item runs on emulator, it's the only challenge that is worth a shit. Nuzlockes are overrated garbage.

>Implying that they got anything on a blaziken 25 levels above their pokes.

I played Gen 3 with only Blaziken like five times, it's fucking easy. What are you talking about? Literally just Double Kick everything. Double Battles are annoying but not exactly difficult.

Treecko, however, is a big pile of shit and completely useless in a solo run. Even Chikorita is better.

I have downloaded romhacks that make the game significantly harder and there are only a handful of pokemon in the entire roster that are so bad you can't use them as part of your team to progress

>Also being forced to grind more or to buy more healing items isn't more difficult.
being forced to think would be nice

most people don't even know about special/attack split and you can get through the entire game easy with just 4 of the same type attack on the same pokemon