Gunvolt 2

Oh wait so apparently this is coming out in like, an hour.

bump

On Steam? Cause the 3DS release of the first one chopped off the entire story and made you buy it again on steam for the full experience.

I think they're avoiding doing that this time but don't take my word on that.

I just want to play as copen

It's all still in the 3DS version. No cuts.

There's also no steam version, at this time anyways

Azure Striker Gunvolt's Steam release wasn't bad though! People understood that it was a straight port but it was well received.

It will be a damn shame if they don't release Gunvolt 2 on PC in the future..

Is the game still piss easy to bum rush through?
A bit more precision in platforming or aiming would help make you care about the levels and bosses

I actually haven't payed any attention to any adjustments to Gunvolt but Copen looks really fun. You need to air dash into enemies (and rebound off of them subsequently) to lock onto enemies.

He also copies boss skills megaman style. I'm just wondering where his shield-board went.

It'll probably be similar to the first game where the actual challenge comes from keeping your score.

>I'm just wondering where his shield-board went.
Asimov destroyed it.

People who played the Japanese version already confirmed that the game is definitely harder and has better level design

Playing 2 right now I'd wish the story would be chopped off. It's painful.

I got to play it at PAX and yeah, the level gimmicks were a lot more interesting. At least with the glitchy computer one that Gunvolt has.

Hit y I think, that turns off the in stage dialogue.

does gunvolt get more interesting tag shots in 2 or did they just copy what they already had

Fuck I still haven't finished 1.

Oh shoot CIA where?

I actually bought the first game too.

I have to wonder if the reason so little actual Gunvolt-gameplay footage for 2 exists is because the game is intended to be played from Copen's storyline. Gunvolt just seems tagged on because "Well his name's in the title lol"

FUCK

I really liked the first game, but it was a bit easy. Is the new one longer, by the way?

Well Copen has his own campaign mode and plays entirely differently from Gunvolt, for one.

I assume it's the same format from before with 8 bosses and then some wily castle stages

That's great to hear. I thought the first game was smaller than the '8 bosses + final stages' format, though, wasn't it?

It had an intro stage, 6 main bosses, an mid stage, and I think 3 final levels.

From what I hear, Gunvolt and Copen each have a tutorial stage, 3 main stages, and a final set of levels, then they take on each other's main stages in a remixed format and that unlocks the path to the true end.

the first game actually had 7. And it probably feels like less than that even because you never actually get to fight Zonda. So there was really only 6.

There's 8 septimals in gunvolt 2 as you can see in the OP pic.

>In an official Twitch stream by Inti Creates on August 20, it was also revealed that Europe would be getting the digital version on September 30 as well, but the release date for the physical version remains unknown.
>but the release date for the physical version remains unknown.
I was thinking of buying this my N3DS since I have the Shovel Knight amiibo and everything. But since they hate Europe, perhaps I should just wait until the inevitable Steam release anyway. I preferred playing the first one on PC anyway.

Just bought the second game. Looking forward to playing both games again.

That Shovel Knight fight is no joke.

any reward beyond just being able to do the fight?

Nah, just the satisfaction of beating him. He's tough.