Is Arkham Knight

the Best Arkham Game?

ye if you remove all the batm*bile sections

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I liked Asylum the best, but I should go back and replay it.

The PC port runs flawlessly now. Getting about 100fps on my 1070, 2k resolution.

For people who eat shit, for sure.

Honestly Knight and City are basically tied but Knight edges over for me
>batmobile
>free roam Gotham
>dem visuals
>best combat
>dat Harley Quinn ass shot
>best looking cat woman

I loved Knight

City for me.
Knight was disappointing for this big batfan.

asylum is the best

yea

I like Asylum the most, followed by City

The Arkham series is one of the most solid trilogies in video games. All three are genuinely good. Origins is okay but I don't consider it main line.

>the Best Arkham Game?

Yeah.

The Joker blood subplot had to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game, but regardless, Arkham Knight still turned out to be really good.

Even Rocksteady doesn't consider it mainline.

I still think Asylum is the best of three really good games.

Just a great Batman story. Even if the final boss is the dumbest thing of all time.

No bosses

I liked everything, even the batmobile. Everything, that is, except for the lack of bosses. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

I hate riddler

Aside from Mr freeze and Deathstroke, the bosses were probably the worst part of the series.

Currently playing through the Arkham series for the first time, currently on City now

Asylum was great
>Those fucking Scarecrow sections

I think City is probably the best game. Expands on Asylum just enough without getting too big.

I'm playing Knight for the first time now, actually. About to beat it. It's a gorgeous game and I like the batmobile, but fuck if it's not drawn out to all hell. The Cobra fights are tedious as fuck and fighting waves of drones is fucking boring

where is muh batman to the future game?

Knight is all flash no substance.

City is good, but too open.

Origins was super comfy, but other than that, it was just another arkham cash in.

Asylum is the best batman game ever developed.

Asylum is best. every game after became more autistic and stupid. basically press x to feel type shit.

I hated 90% of the batmobile parts of knight.
And the fights werent as "fun" as they where in asylum and city.

Asylum > city >>>>>>>>>>>> knight.

I forced myself to finish knight.

City was my favorite. It had the best balance between combat, stealth and exploration. Asylum was extremely linear. Origins relied too heavily on button mashing combat, and Knight had too many Batmobile sections.

City was the best, Knight was a fucking disappointment in every area.

I think my favorite part was
>Guys, the Arkham Knight isn't Jason Todd we swear
>...Oh alright it's Jason Todd

>Guys, the Arkham Knight isn't Jason Todd we swear
>...Oh alright it's Jason Todd

who gives a shit? Its a retelling of under the red hood

City is.

Why does Arkham Knight keep referencing it then?

I was pretty stunned how beautiful the game actually looked on console, never expected a capeshit game to reach triple a status as they usually get ignored by normies

>who gives a shit?

People who want stories without incredibly obvious 'twists'. It weakens the emotional impact because it attempts to build tension around a failed mystery.

It's a waste of the writers time when they retread decades old stories and expect the player to give a fuck.

Literally everyone guessed that the red hood is jason todd and even then the twist was "new". You might be 12 if you think anything else matters than the fact that batman didnt know, which is actually believable in this case instead of "durr i never noticed it was a rubber body"

The real problem is that there was no red herring.

There was nothing in the game that challenged the jason todd theory. The reveal had absolutely no shock value, because everyone assumed it was going to be Todd, and the game did nothing to make people think otherwise

Asylum = City > Origins > Knight

I would put Knight above Origins if not for the fucking batmobile overload. Shit is so tiresome after awhile. Some times I had to remind myself I was still playing a batman game.

You have a very poor understanding of critical analysis if you think it's at all acceptable for a story to be obvious and predictable from the beginning.

The batmobile is literally a better version of the already superior halo vehicle combat. The batmobile never gets tiresome if you only use it whenever the game actually makes you use it

the only thing I might admit to is that the batmobile became a crutch for them that they used way too much for things that they shouldnt have used it on (bossbattles like deathstroke and firefly)

If you think the "story" was "who is the arkham knight" then youre pretty childish. The arkham knight was simply one of the villains and his identity only explains his motivation. AK is literally a superior version of the red hood that actually gives Todd a reason to hate batman unlike the original story

Yes, and it's all because of the batmobile. I've never liked much about the batman games' gameplay, but driving around the world in a battle tank is pretty fun. It's kind of like a kick ass Landmaster. In fact, I'd love some MP with it.

>If you think the "story" was "who is the arkham knight" then youre pretty childish

A large amount of the players emotional investment in the game is based around Batman's connection to Jason Todd and his failure to save him - when it beats you over the head with
>batman feels bad for jasons death
even though you already know he isn't dead, then it loses a large amount of the impact. It's exactly like when they "killed" Barbara. The game expects you to feel bad because she shot herself - but everybody knew she wasn't dead and it was only a matter of time before she showed up. So why get invested in that subplot when there's no payoff?

You can keep saying calling me a child, but that doesn't change the fact that your analysis is shitty and halfassed.

ARKHAM SERIES POWER RANKINGS:

>1. Asylum
>2. 10 out of 10
>3. Knight
>......
>......
>......
>9999. Origins

>The batmobile never gets tiresome if you only use it whenever the game actually makes you use it

I was tired of it in every tank battle after the first one. It's mindless combat, that has none of the aspects I've come to expect from the Arkham games combat system. Just blowing shit up for the sake of explosions.

But I absolutely loved the high speed car chase segments. They should have just stuck with that.

>Forgiving the batmobile.

Nah, your opinion is instantly invalidated. Batman driving around in a fucking tank, blowing up shit in gotham is the most retarded liberty rocksteady took with the franchise, and it personally offended me.

The batmobile segments are just a metaphor for Rocksteady's arrogance about their success with the batman IP.

I'm glad they're not making any more batman games, the next one would have batman dogfighting and dropping fucking nukes from the batwing or some bullshit

If it wasn't for FUCKING STEALTH IN A VEHICLE sections, it would have been an OK game

the batmobile is LITERALLY a tank in what is widely considered to be in the top 3 best batman stories of all time, the dark knight returns. Obvious source of inspiration considering the tank shoots rubber bullets and its an older batman

considering that batman is "going to war" in an evacuated gotham where the criminals have taken over, I dont see it even slightly as out of place

It has the best gameplay in the series, but the story was insultingly bad and there was no boss on par with Freeze despite the presence of Red Hood which should have made for easy creativity

The batmobile is LITERALLY an armored car in DKR. It doesnt have a fucking CANON on top of it.

The Bat-mobile in AK is a literal tank. A tank that shoots high explosive shells designed to destroy other vehicles, which is something batman would never use.

Rocksteady knew how completely stupid the concept of the batmobile is, which is why every tank is a "drone".

If Deathstroke just put real people inside the tanks, batman would be completely powerless. It's such an obvious and stupid copout

In Dark Knight Returns, the bat-tank showed up something like 2 times, and it got wrecked by Superman the second time. And the first time you see it? Batman almost immediately jumps out to fight the mutant leader.

And in both those cases, Batman wasn't fighting an army of boring ass robot drones.

There's a difference between having the Bat-tank put in a couple brief appearances, and expecting the player to spend hours rolling around Gotham blowing shit up. Tank battles against unmanned drones does not feel like "Batman" to me. It's not slick martial arts, or neat gadgets, or cool stealth sequences. It's just
>holy shit look at these explosions fuck yeah

If you remove all the batman sequences from the main story there isn't much game play.

I mean batmobile sequences

100% agree

I think its a lot of fun, batmobile and all. I mean the enemy is using tanks in a city wide war. Batman would have to respond in kind and the battank/mobile is the best option. But how the hell didn't batman know about such a large scale weapon development right next door? You think he would have caught on to all those import shipments flowing through to Arkham.

>be the batman

i love the batmonvil parts, specially the persecutions, they look and feel fucking amazing.the hydra tanks is the only really bad part.

hey reddit

>persecutions

it had great ideas and a nice presentation but they forced the batmobile way too often, the story is kinda crap and the villain missions (and their boss battles) are done poorly

and also technical problems

at least the harley queen 3D models were hot

probably because WB forced the devs to reference it