WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT IS THIS TRASH?

WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT IS THIS TRASH?

youtu.be/0EI_0Ir2-3E

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160730211841/http://www.messhof.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this even from the same company anymore?

It's one guy, and yes.

Someone wants the wacky let's play market

at least all of the comments are saying the right things, this looks fucking horrible

The motherfucker NEVER fixed the original nidhogg, multiplayer is literally unplayable except for LAN or local

He can get fucked

Goddamn, it looks so horrible and slow.

>first game is liked for its simple aesthetic and how it takes a large amount of skill
>second game is obviously a cheap cash-in to bait the Youtubers with wacky graphics and ruins the need for skill by adding other weapons

Fuck this guy.

Honestly not sure what I think about this

A new Nidhogg is cool, but it looks way too busy visually to be able to accurately tell what's going on during a match at all times. That was a key strength for the original game

What a step in the wrong direction aesthetically

As long as they're properly balanced I think the addition of more weapons is alright

I hate the look of it. But the first one was the go to couch game when my FRIENDS came over. Its does not run well on windows 10 at all and stutters like a mother fucker. inb4 >windows 10

>that aesthetic
>implying the dev gives a fuck

This looks garbage.
Why did they go from badass neck snapping fencers to bumbling goggle eyed retards?

The latter attracts the Youtubers more

What the fuck happened? I loved the artstyle that his games and this looks terrible, like he's trying to make it youtuber bait instead of what he actually wants to make.

Holy fuck, I've never even played the original and this looks like garbage.

He fixed it, on PS4 :^)

That's the idea though. He only ever expects this shit to work at his little indie get-togethers. That's how these retards get money.

The indie scene is a cancer and it must be gassed.

"we want the game to appeal to a broader audience"

Fuck this looks bad, absolutely nobody asked for a new artstyle (in fact i've played Nidhogg with a bunch of my normie friends and none of them ever complained about how it looked)

>make the visuals more detailed with tons of charm added
>HURR GIMME BACK MY SIMPLE 8 BIT GRAPHIX BACK THAT LOOKS THE SAME AS 90% OF INDIE GAMES, MUH ART STYLE

This is what happens when you ask indie devs to do something other than 8bit simple ass graphics.

This is what you wanted.

>purposely wacky and random graphics like big googly eyes, homer simpson bodies, wacky sound effects and animations, etc all to make it Youtuber fodder
>"charm"

Gas frog posters

looks great to me how could you possibly complain about this? I don't even understand

Why are they muppets now..

Or maybe this is exactly what he wants to make

Why is everyone being so melodramatic?

The original nidhogg looked like shit.

Superior beautiful western well paid art style coming through.

The artstyle would be fine for an unrelated platformer, but cerrainly not Nidhogg.

I think the animations and sound effects in the trailer look like they will get old super fast, but fuck that worm and ground texture look actually pretty cool.

Don't know why it went from dope retro to Rayman tho.

Yeah man having a sprite with no details, no eyes, mouth, hair, nose, etc and just being one flat color is better /s

>web.archive.org/web/20160730211841/http://www.messhof.com/

Really doesn't seem like it.

why?

Less is more sometimes, user.

For this type of game? Yes. The visual simplicity made it a lot easier to focus on the fights. And honestly it looked better and more interesting than this shit, ironically.

But the original games undetailed sprites were the biggest part of the appeal. The colour choice and the simplicity of them made their above average animations pop, like an abstract Prince of Persia. This looks like fucking Boogerman.

The googly eyes on the worm are unnecessary and only make it worse.

>And honestly it looked better and more interesting than this shit, ironically.

this is why it's pointless to try to talk about video games here

everyone just hates anything for any and every reason

it looks so good to me

>has shit taste
>clearly no one agrees with said shit taste
>WAAH IT'S POINTLESS TO TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES HERE I LIKE 2009 FLASH GAME GRAPHICS

The backgrounds look fine

The character models look like ass and visually the game looks too busy to easily keep track of what's going on

but the original had googly eyes

it looks fine

Wouldn't surprise me if he's going to do a different style every game.

>>clearly no one agrees with said shit taste

Except there are 100 likes on the video, which says otherwise

And 227 dislikes, with there being more dislikes than likes

That's not a good ratio at all.

Fucking retard

Wow the models look like hot trash.

why does everything have to turn into a garish clown show

I never played nidhogg, but fuck do I feel bad for you guys. Why are there big ass homer simpson looking motherfuckers instead of slim fencers? Is the dev really trying to pander to the let's play audience by making it extremely goofy looking?

This doesn't look like Nidhogg at all.
Where is the everything that made it nidhogg?
I hope it'll have the same mechanics but the audio and visuals are the complete opposite of what made the game so appealing.

looks like they're enemies from action 52 owns non-human game.

I disagree.

the less 8bit shit the better

Nighogg sold reasonably well according to Steamspy, so I'm not sure why he would bother, but maybe that was all bundles. Don't really blame the dev for trying to cash in on a more casual audience.

Mostly bundles, not to mention his other game (Flywrench) sold like shit. Although to be fair I didn't even know that that game even launched at all.

>pixel = 8 bit

Spoken like a true hiveminded tard

>clearly NO ONE agrees with you
>well thats just 1/3 of people that like it

>fedora reaction image
>tips.jpg
Consider suicide

The minority of people share your shit garbage taste. Same difference. Either way you're the minority and you're a retard.

Is the Clayfighter IP sold yet? Looks like a perfect fit.

i don't know what you're disagreeing with.
The existence of the first one? or that this new game looks different. because It doesn't look like the Nidhogg we all know and the aduio/visuals are very different. is it that I don't find it appealing and you do? Sure. enjoy it. whatever.

>Sequel to a minimalist game
>Devs decide to make it 'complex' with new artstyle and more weapons.
I mean, it looks kinda interesting, but I'm not very sure it'll work.