Wii u is not a bad console

i don't get the hate for this console,most of the arguments agains it are pretty retarded imo
A good console doesn't need to have highest specs to be good .. look at the 360 & ps3, two years after they released the pc smoked them both .. did pc destroy them? or made them bad consoles? Absolutely not! .. A good console is one that provides great hardware and great software .. IMO, WiiU has good hardware build and decent specs but lacks a software punch
the only probleme with it imo is nintendo itself
atleast it was better then that normie trash that came before it, which lacked both of those things

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8zj5uKifk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love my PC!

the software is badass, the hardware is shit

the fucking console advocates online play but there's no ethernet port. nintendo highlights their eshop but there's only fucking 25 gigs of storage.

for everything it does right, it fucks up 2 things.

still best console though.

Wii U appeals to me more than Xbone or PSQUAD, but I already have a few decent PCs and laptops so that negates any reason to get a bone or quad.

But hypothetically, someone without a decent PC would probably prefer bone/quad to u, because that type of person is probably a retard.

Fuck off pcucks nobody wants you here

It's not bad but it's at the end of it's lifespan, if the NX has backwards compatibility there will be no reason to get a WiiU once the price drops.

>A good console doesn't need to have highest specs to be good
but having more than a few good games would definitely help.

>atleast it was better then that normie trash that came before it
>Wii U
>not normie trash
that's two strikes OP

How can the WiiU be considered normie trash when there are only around 10 million units sold? Clearly not enough normies are buying it.

Because it was marketed with a gimmick that was supposed to appeal to kids and normies, the vast majority of it's software is directed at, and made for, kids and normies.

Just because it's not successful normie bait doesn't mean it's not normie bait.

I don't remember ever seeing any hate for the WiiU.

It has the typical flaws a Nintendo console tends to have, and rightfully gets called out for them.
Although the "no third party games" flaw is a little too massive this time around.

Wii U is a piece of shit. It's easily the worst console I've owned. Haven't touched it in ages, it only serves a xenoblade and emulation machine for me now.

just look at this retard

Lack of support and Nintendo's usual shit churning sours the console. No Zelda, no Metroid, Yoshi was boring and easy, Smash 4 is twice the buying price deep in DLC, Star Fox was overcooked but half-baked, and I'm just never been that big into Mario. Games like Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, and Splatoon redeem the console in my eyes but I can understand the hatedom.

The Wii U doesn't have good software (or rather, it doesn't have enough good software, there are a few titles I really enjoyed) or good hardware. It's a failure on all levels.

If they wanted the Wii U to sell just on being cost-efficient, they shouldn't've bumped up the price of every unit with the mandatory $100 gamepad.

>hating a console

I am neither a child nor a faggot

>but having more than a few good games would definitely help
But ps4 and xbone don't have that either.

They have. Same with PC.

Yeah sure, consolefag

The pad is comfy as fuck. I like playing at my bed without using a TV, the problem is the Wii U doesn't have much third party or many good games at all. I remember playing a lot more games on the Wii than the Wii U.

Go home to mommy

This whole generation was weak to be honest, Wii U included.

It's not just the shit hardware, it's the fact that it only has like three worthwhile games. On top of that there's an emulator that's making pretty good progress.

>i don't get the hate
Not so much hate as disappointment and confusion

The games aren't completely horrible, but they're far from "good."
The only ones that are the best in their series are DKTF and Bayonetta 2.

>Wii u is not a bad console
Fuck off nintenshill

Objectively the worst console for anyone who

1. Doesn't have a PC
2. Doesn't jerk off in his mom's basement to Peach getting railroaded by Yoshi.

But Yoshi is a gay symbol and would never have anything to do with Peach.

I own a PC, so I don't see a reason to own a WiiU. There's nothing original about it, and it doesn't complement my PC in the slightest, since every game it has is just a ripoff of a better PC title. I don't care about brand naming or IPs, so seeing Mario on the cover of something means nothing to me.

The hardware being absolute garbage and the region locking and other intrusive DRM is just the cherry ontop of this sundae.

thinkin about getting a wii u around black friday

should I wait for NX instead?

the hardware is bad as usual, and the fucking deluxe version has a 32 gig hd.
the library is also INSANELY small for a nintendo console.

if virtual boy didn't exist, wiiu would be nintendo's worst console.

It has the best backwards compatibility of this gen at least, can run both Wii and GC (via homebrew)

Wait for NX

Even some Win U games are being ported to 3ds like Hyrule Warriors and Woolly world

actually they have crazy input lag

>can't run the NES
>can't run SNES
>can't run sony or Microsoft games
>can't run DOSBOX

Nah, it has terrible backwards compatibility and emulation potential. I can just get a PC that does it all better.

It's the Sega Saturn of it's generation. It sells badly, falls flat spec wise, and has a limited library. But just like the Saturn, it has a few solid gems and will likely have a cult following despite it's lack of appeal.

>>can't run the NES
>>can't run SNES
Nigger what?

It can't run it without jailbreaking the system or running homebrew. Meanwhile, I can do it natively on any given PC, and I won't get my system bricked by Microsoft or HP or Intel or ASUS.

Saturn had a LOT more games worth owning than wiiu. I've almost have a full collection of wiiu games thanks to majority of them being 1st party,

> It can't run it without jailbreaking the system or running homebrew

No shit dumbass, it's a console not a pc

>can't run NES
>can't run SNES
Literally what? Shoot yourself.

Yes, and that makes it a bad system, which is what OP was trying to claim otherwise. At no point should a user ever be restricted in their hardware/software freedoms. Imagine, if you will, that you weren't allowed to play PC games unless you had to install steam or Origin. That's how I feel here.

You are an idiot

Name 15 games that weren't multiplats.

>if you don't like consoles that restrict you, then "kill yourself"

That's not nice.

>CASUAL GAMES
>ARE SAME PRICES WITH HARD GAMES ON PS AND XBOX

Consoles will always restrict you

You just can't compare a PC with a closed system console

Still, you are able to emulate games on consoles

>You just can't compare a PC with a closed system console
If OP wants to convince me that the WiiU wasn't a wasted purchase, then I'm afraid that'll happen regardless. I have high standards, so I can't tolerate wasting money.

Here, have this very old image

You'll notice from wii u "post your games" threads that everyone has the exact same games because there's nothing else to offer on the system.

.....Whatever dude

Recommend me some games. Bought a used Wii U about a year ago.

I don't really know what I should get. What are some must haves?

>actually they have crazy input lag
No they don't, the hell are you saying?

Bayo 2
W1010101

3D World, Splatoon, MK8, Smash, Pikmin 3, Shovel Knight WiiU is the best edition of Shovel Knight if you have the Amiibo or create your own tag.

Maybe I'm just slow but the vWii doesn't feel any laggier than playing Wii U games

That's because it's not.

Why is it always Europeans that shitpost about it the most?

It's not a bad console, it's a good console with almost no games.

[citation needed]

>NX is close enough for it to be an option
>But the NX is unknown enough for the Wii-U to be an option
I don't know what to do, get a Wii-U or wait.

Wait, chances are the WiiU's price will drop when the NX comes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8zj5uKifk
its more apparent if you're into smash

Why the hell would you even care about that, you don't play Smash on a professional level on the vWii, you use a GC or a proper Wii.

But what's the point when the NX is out? Especially if the NX can play Wii-U games

The point is that the lag is there, and it even affects vc games. And to make matters worse, wiiu purposefully delays the video to the tv to match the pad.

>Especially if the NX can play Wii-U games
That's a big if.

The people that post in Wii U hate threads who post pictures proving they owned it use a European timestamp

Well, the Wii U will be cheaper and you'll get the same games for both consoles, probably with little or no difference at all.

Yeah which is why I raised that point in my first post,
>But the NX is unknown enough for the Wii-U to be an option

Then just wait, you've got nothing to lose, except maybe more money if you buy the console now. The games ain't going to run away within 6 months.

No way. Just looked bayonetta 2 up and it's just 10 yurobux NEW.
Fucking noice.

MK8 is the only Wii U game I have and I already have Shovel Knight on a different platform. But Splatoon definetely looks fun and I love multiplayer.

Thanks btw guys

The Wii U isn't a bad console, it had a handful of great exclusives and all in all the gamepad's a pretty good gimmick, off-tv play alone's worth it.

The thing is, the Wii U might not be a bad console, but there's no denying that it's a DEAD console. Third party devs deserted it years ago to focus on the wildly successful PS4, and Nintendo themselves have apparently dropped all support to it, probably because of its poor sales, not even announcing any new games for it beyond The Legend of Postponed: Pushed Back Until The NX Launch. The fact that Star Fox 0, a three hours long game, and PP Color Splash, a simple """RPG""" reusing many assets, are the only game they felt like making for it this year is telling, considering Nintendo themselves were the last source of support for the system.

Compared to other Nintendo consoles, it's mediocre - it definitely deserves the criticism it gets.

The hardware itself is not good:
>Graphics are outdated
>Gamepad lacks any analog triggers
>Gamepad is too big for laying in bed playing games or anything not on the couch
>The optimal range between the gamepad and console is awful
>No ethernet port
>32 GB of FUCKING STORAGE that can't be replaced with something like a 2 TB HDD

Software is also an issue:
>UI and software loads up super slow, clunky
>Virtual Console eshop games still aren't cross-buy between 3DS & Wii U
>Online play is fucking horrible, hard to even get together with a friend and play since there isn't even an invite system
>Nintendo's first-party lineup is extremely mediocre
>Third-party lineup is practically non-existent
>Most of the good games get boring very quick, nothing with longevity

I like the idea, and I think the form factor is great from an engineering perspective- it's very small, draws very little power, and barely makes noise.
It has potential, but Nintendo seriously fucked up.

Either way it's better to just wait
>Option A: The NX is backward compatible
Just get an NX and you'll get to play all the Wii U games AND NX games
>Option B: The NX isn't backward compatible
After the NX release, people will start selling their used Wii Us and retailers will start slashing Wii U prices, you'll be able to get a Wii U and probably many games for way cheaper

Either way, waiting for the NX reveal's a good idea, either you save money by getting a Wii U for cheaper or by not bothering with the Wii U and immediately jumping ahead to the NX.

I just remember that Nintendo are not taking in new orders for the Wii-U after October first

That's just in the UK IIRC

>A good console doesn't need to have highest specs to be good
It needs good games though.

Well, there are good game. Whether you like them or not is a completely different story and is entirely subjective.

The console won't disappear into thin air, you can still find used N64s everywhere and that stuff hasn't been manufactured since, what, 13, 14 years ?

The wiiu supports external HDDs.

I don't buy used hardware

Why not? In most cases it works just as well as new stuff.

Bait?
The system in itself is irrelevant. The fact that the thing has almost no library is the problem. I enjoy Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors, but they don't justify the absurd price point. Thankfully, I bought mine refurbished from Nintendo for $200 when Bayonetta came out. Any amount over that is robbery.

It just doesn't click with me

Your face is used hardware.

I love my Wii U but you are an enormous faggot.
Stop typing like a 9 years old kid. Oh, who I'm kidding, you are just fishing for (you).

Aren't we all used hardware

No one's denying it's a great console. It just has no games/shit games.

It was shit.

It was so shit that it made people think the console market had crashed.

I used your mum's hardware last night, I spent hours pushing her buttons and squeezing her triggers.