Spyro 1-3 are the best 3D platformers of that era. DK64/Banjo are clunky to control, Mario 64 is slippery

Spyro 1-3 are the best 3D platformers of that era. DK64/Banjo are clunky to control, Mario 64 is slippery

MGS1 is the best MGS

Skyrim is actually better than Oblivion

Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2

Gen 2 of Pokemon is not the best

Dead Space 2 > Dead Space 1, and 3 wasn't that bad

Assassin's Creed is not that bad of a series

TLOU was a good ass game

Games longer than 30-40 hours are boring and padded and bore me to pieces

Agreed with literally every point.
I wouldn't say these opinions are unpopular.

I hate how all it takes for people to accept bland gameplay is for it to be labeled as 'smart'.

Agreed with spyro, dual shock was better then the N64 claw

Galaxy 1 is much better then 2

Ass Creed is pretty bad

TLoU is/was simply massively overrated

40+ hour games are fine if it's always engaging

The rest are fine BUT
If you spend 60$ on a game and you only get 40 hours out of It is a waste of money.

I don't necessarily mean getting that amount out of the game, I mean games that take that long to just clear the first time.

>Assassin's Creed is not that bad of a series
I haven't played any of the mainline but I recently played Liberation. I couldn't give less of a fuck about the nigress protag and the southern slave-centric setting but the gameplay feels really good aside from the framerate

I agree on everything but Skyrim and that's because I never played Oblivion.

>My opinion
Dota2 is actually fun of you don't play ranked.

Mass Effect's ending was really not that bad.

>Spyro 1-3 are the best 3D platformers of that era. DK64/Banjo are clunky to control, Mario 64 is slippery

Dude, are you fucking high? Spyro is fucking clunky AND slippery.

Spyro can turn on a dime and actually goes where you tell him too. Mario 64 feels like the whole game is an ice stage and the other two are just so clunky to me

I think more people were pissed that their choices throughout the series didn't really matter with the ending choices being linear.

>Skyrim is actually better than Oblivion
Not even remotely unpopular.

I enjoyed Spyro much more than Mario 64 as an experience, but it's not a better platformer because it's not trying to be a platformer. Its primary focus is exploration and collect-a-thon gameplay.

It's like calling Castlevania a better platformer than SMB.

I found Dark Souls to be tedious and boring more than it was difficult. I think a lot of people confuse tedium for difficulty.

Darkstalkers is good.

Bioshock Infinite was fantastic

this is the only one i dont agree with

But it is a platformer. In order to get anything or anywhere in the game, you need to use Spyro's abilities to traverse the world. Go do the Hurricos challenge in Spyro 2 where you have to hop around the entire world on moving platforms and fan blades and then tell me it's not a platformer.

Going by your logic, Mario 64 isn't a platformer either, because you're exploring and collecting the whole time.

Everything PlatinumGames and Hideki Kamiya have ever done have been grossly overrated.

Agreed

Pretty much. We were told that we wouldn't just get a choice of endings A, B, and C, and then that ended up being exactly what we got. Although if you want to be really picky, we got less than that because each scene was just a different color.

Is this the daily bait testing thread?

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is not a good game.

The combat is alright but still lacking in comparison to other games of the genre, memes aside, the story sucks, and it's laughably short and easy on every difficulty besides Revengeance, which only gives enemies more health, damage, and sometimes throws a Gekko or two in a random area.

>Mario 64 is slippery
hahahahahaha

you don't even know what that word means if you think that applies to Mario 64

Final fantasy XIII is a good game with a fantastic soundtrack.

I agree honestly. I don't like it much at all.

FEAR isn't all that great. I mean yeah the combat is fun, but the levels are boring and samey, Norton Mapes is fucking cancer and 80% of the enemies is the same dude with a different outfit and weapon

Danganronpa is objectively better as a game than Ace Attorney. The core mechanics are exactly the same, except it adds additional gameplay and more chances to get personally acquainted with the characters, giving the deaths more impact.

this probably isn't unpopular but all visual novels are dumb and gay

Pretty much Bioshock

agreed as well. found the gameplay fairly repetitive and bland, and even by the standards of a series full of cringey anime-esque shit, the edgy designs, soundtrack, dialogue, and everything were just hard to bear.

From Software makes cheesy budget feeling games.

Wired controllers are the only acceptable controllers (this includes wired mice and keyboards).

Biohazard 5 is so similar to Biohazard 4 I'm not sure why anyone complains about it.

Animal Crossing needs no sequels as the definitive edition was already released on the gamecube. (On that topic, the goal of the Zelda series should be to make their definitive Zelda game. Something that combines both the handheld style and the Ocarina of Time style.)

Elder Scrolls Online is the best MMO out there right now because it is not trying to do too much or too little. Just addictive gameplay formula like the main series.

I have no idea why people hate RNG. Taking it seriously will only hurt yourself.

Overwatch is absolute dogshit and every clone coming from it is even worse.

Dark Souls is overrated as a saga, there are good, bad and mediocre games within it.

Golden Sun is a great rpg with a lot of replayability.

Ragnarok Online is the best MMO I've played due to its simple yet highly customizable playstyle.

MGS is shit in general

Bioshock Infinite while not as good as Bioshock 1 is a GOOD game

Call of duty isn't that bad

OoT is severely overrated WW is the best Zelda

Final fantasy is shit. All of them

This is just a truth. Many will not argue. There is a reason it's the more popular series now

>From Software makes cheesy budget feeling games.
What did he mean by this?
>Wired controllers are the only acceptable controllers (this includes wired mice and keyboards).
Wait, is this unpopular? I call people who use wireless shit to play video games, be that PC or console, retards.

I think people take issue with RNG when the game that has it tries to be "hardcore" or competitive. I don't think people dislike RNG in most games, hell some genres are based completely around RNG and people like them like Diablo clones.

You can't be over 16

Web detected
>"muh MGS Kojima fuck me senpai

Kill yourself

Assfaggots, JRPG and fighting games are the worst genres
The Batman games all suck
Open world games are generally terrible
EA isn't that bad
Linear games are not a bad thing
Undertale is a good game
Walking simulators can be good but usually aren't
RNG has no place in any video game, period
Sonic has always sucked
Most Japanese games suck
While not a gamebreaker, there is no excuse for 30 fps

You are only proving me right you know.

Most games with level systems are boring af.
A lot of times you have to grind levels to beat a certain boss or else it is impossible, all it does is make a the game artificially longer.

Bioshock doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.

It may have an interesting story, but the gameplay is pretty mediocre and that should be the most important thing in a video game. I'm sick of people wanting games to "art" which really means "movies".

Are you mentally retarded?

I'm 15 you fucking clown

>Undertale is a good game
Glad someone finally said it.

Or, I don't know if it's a GOOD game really, but it's certainly not nearly as bad as this board seems to make it out to be. It's a turn based RPG with gameplay beyond just picking an attack, and it may be short, but it's also cheap.

Some of the characters and meta things it does are alright too. I don't love it or anything but it's certainly not bad.

I love this kinds of threads, OP.
Thank you for reminding me no one over here is over 17 years old.

Pandora Tomorrow had better multiplayer than Chaos Theory.

HL2 is the most overrated game in existence.

Games like Overwatch/Paladin is cancerous casualshit that should be destroyed at all costs.

Oh, it's this thread again.
How many layers of irony are we on right now?

I like you.
I would buy you a beer to talk about how much has valve and blizzard fucked up the videogame industry.

Cred Forums generally likes undertale
it just got popular and had furshit in it so it naturally got shitposted to hell and back.

What makes the gameplay mediocre? It's pretty varied. Plasmid combos, environmental kills, hacking, different ammo types for every weapon. Just the plasmids alone open up a bunch of possibilities. It's a blast honestly. The only way to play B1 is on survivor with vita chambers off.

>MGS1 is the best MGS

That's an unpopular opinion?

>Fire Emblem Awakening is much better than Fates. Anyone who disagrees are waifufags "but muh waifus are in awakening too!!!!!". Radiant Dawn are better than both
>People who use low tiers intentionally in competitive fighting games are faggots.
>There hasn't been one Metal Gear game including spinoffs that I didn't enjoy (MGS3, MGS4, MGS5, Peace Walker, Portable Ops (Plus), Acid, etc.)
>Sonic was good even through Heroes, Unleashed, Black Knight etc. but fell after Sonic Colors but to be fair I only played the 3DS ver of Generations and played Sonic Boom so this opinion may be irrelevant

I like undertale's music, dialogues, aesthetic, style and meaning but the gameplay is boring and there's no excuse for it other than focusing too much on the former and really little on the latter.

There's nothing wrong with liking WoW/Legion

Half life as a series has been mediocre since day 1.

There's nothing wrong innately with DLC.

Fire Emblem is basement-tier weeb dogshit and you should be ashamed of it, there are far better games in that genre.

If you need to use overpowered characters/clutches on a videogame you are absolutelly bad at it and you should be practicing not sucking that sweet meta dick.

Nigga Fire Emblem Awakening is the one that took FE waifuposting to the next fucking level, not even, the next 10 levels.

The enemies barely react to being shot, which makes the guns feel underpowered. I'm not asking for instant kill headshots, but at least have splicers have different "hurt" states or something. Also there's no dismembering as far as I can remember, which is even stupider in Bioshock 2 where you have a massive drill that doesn't leave huge holes in enemies.

The hacking is pretty bad and I think they knew that, since the final research you get lets you hack turrets without the shitty plumbing minigame.

The plasmids I don't have a lot of problems with, but it's pretty hard to go back to them after Bioshock 2, since most of the upgrades are just damage increases or duration, where in BS2 you could do cool things like channel lightning or continuously blast people with ice.

But Mario 64 is based entirely on variable speeds, jump heights, and mechanics, and the worlds are designed to be accessed differently based on your knowledge of the game. Spyro's movement options are much more limited, there are few situations in which you have multiple ways to get to a certain platform for progression.

Castlevania has mandatory platforming as well, but most would describe it as an action game first and a platformer second because the jumping isn't the primary focus.

Ocarina of Time is slow and boring.

Blood Omen 1 is the best Legacy of Kain game.

Castlevania 1 is better than 3.

Soul Blazer is the best game of the "Gaia" trilogy

Dragon's Dogma has lousy combat.

Doom 4 is pretty good (controversial on Cred Forums anyways).

>There's nothing wrong innately with DLC.
This is true, but companies ruin the idea by putting gun skins and horse armor up for ridiculous prices. Before if things like that were to be put in a game post-launch they'd be free. Ultimately, games getting corporate has ruined them.

>Ocarina of Time is slow and boring.

You were born in 1997 weren't you?

>MGS1 is the best MGS
I can see it, even if I disagree.
Okay.
>Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2
>Gen 2 of Pokemon is not the best
>Dead Space 2 > Dead Space 1, and 3 wasn't that bad
You're pushing it.
>Assassin's Creed is not that bad of a series
It's pretty mediocre, idk man.
>TLOU was a good ass game
No.
>Games longer than 30-40 hours are boring and padded and bore me to pieces
Nah, there are definitely some amazing games that hit 60-80 hours without padding (P4).

Name one flaw in TLOU that isn't "muh deep story"

and don't you dare say multiplayer because it was amazing

>WW is the best Zelda
>Final fantasy is shit. All of them
Underage General?

Not him but the "puzzles" were a waste of time and got repetitive around the halfway point.

I grew up with Link to the Past, you fucking faggot. In LttP, you had a dash maneuver which you got early in the game, plus the map is compact and all the interesting landmarks are close together. When I tried playing OoT, I got bored because Link moves slow as molasses on foot and half of the maps in the game are way too big and all the important things are too far apart from one another. Pic related. The horse doesn't help alleviate the tedium of traversal much, either.

Nintendo are just plain overrated. Rehash after rehash, old tech and reliance on selling nostalgia. They were good up until the millennium though

>literally every opinion is objectively wrong
wew lad

Croc was a shit game.

i wonder what changed them

>Rehash after rehash,

What about the new series they make?

gameplay
the whole gameplay is beyond shit
literally no challenge in the whole game
literally 0 replay value
shit-tier "puzzles" that are repeated forever
immersion gets destroyed by your companion(that is the main tool of the game to immerse you into the story/characters)

This so much. I think combat is by far the worst part of souls series atm, its boring and tedious. The atmosphere and style on the games on the otherhand is godlike, so thats why I play them.

I agree with this

The gameplay fucking sucks. It's a walking simulator with QTE's and the occasional shitty third person shooter section.

>Spyro isn't a platformer it's a collectathon, despite relying on jumping, gliding (and hovering) to obtain said collectables
>SM64 is literally just collecting stars and coins but isn't a collectathon
wut? they're both platformers with heavy collectathon elements

Link's Awakening is frequently overrated. In the grand scheme of Zelda games, it's sub-par, even just among the top-down installments.

RNG always makes things worse. Sometimes there's a good excuse, like an infinite number of procedurally-generated environments vs. a very limited amount of hand-crafted environments. But in terms of mechanics, it's always an improvement to remove RNG from your systems.

The first Shantae is the best Shantae.

Isn't Castlevania literally its own genre, hence metroidvania games being a thing. and how open a world is does not determine if something is a platformer or not which is what you're arguing. In spyro all of the levels, every single one in each of the original games require the use of jumping and gliding to complete. They're more linear than the 3d mario games but that doesn't mean they're not platformers.

>it's always an improvement to remove RNG from your systems.
How to spot casuals in one lesson.

>FF13 was actually a good game

>The last of us was massively overrated

> The new Tomb Raiders dick on the Uncharted series.

Spyro 1-3 are pretty overrated honestly. They're serviceable platformers with really nice hub worlds, but the controls are a bit stiff (Spyro takes wide turns, the flutter mechanic after a glide is total shit, he climbs incredibly slowly), all the levels are flat, the voice acting is absolutely horrendous, and the music - while mostly good - gets very repetitive after a while.

I grew up on 3D platformers and have never found Banjo clunky or Mario slippery. In fact, I greatly appreciate the depth of the movement systems in those games because of the great variety of options you have in achieving most goals. In Spyro, you're basically always gated through the "correct" method, which can become very dull.

But you're entitled to your opinion.

Shadow the hedgehog has the best gameplay of the sixth gen sonic titles

The souls series is largely overrated

Sony deserves all the hate it gets

tales of legendia has the best story and characters of the series