How's the combat in this game?

How's the combat in this game?

It's one of the best games ever made.

It can't be that good.

It is.

Hands down one of the best strategy games, best total war game for sure.

You select all infantry and run at the enemy, the AI does the same. Then you flank them with cavalry and win the battle. Basically like every Total War game in single player mode.

The grand strategy aspect is even worse. You can have 800K gold within 100 turns if you want.

In my personal opinion the overworld is 10/10 but the combat is 8/10 for a total war, compared to something like shogun 2's 10/10 battles. I ended up forcing like 90% of my fights into attrition autoresolves.

>You select all infantry and run at the enemy, the AI does the same. Then you flank them with cavalry and win the battle.
I'll admit this is 90% of total war's fights, but that 10% of the time when you accidentally get in a fight with 3 armies at once and need to turtle and micro like a mad cunt because the battle odds are considered impossible.

And your point?

>Squalor
>Squalor
>Squalor
>Distance to capital penalty

Ugh

Yeah but last of us is not bad, it's just generic normie trash, and 95% of all reviewers are normies who love walking dead and cinematics and cover-based shooting.
Total war appeals to like 0.1% of people in the world.

It's very shallow, simplistic and unimersive without historical accuracy/depth overhaul mods like Europa Barbarorum

>Total war appeals to like 0.1%
wrong you idiot, it's at least 15%

It is

TLOU is an excellent game too.

Rome 2 sold 1.2 million copies
There's 7 billion people on this planet.
So 0.01%

It's just a melee blob like every pre-gunpowder total war game. Get napoopan or FotS

This is the reason why I liked the Shogun 2 demo battle.
You get betrayed by one of your allies when the enemy comes and the other ally close to your main force just stand there and do nothing.
You're basically fucked unless you tactics your way out of it.
In my case I alway ran the small portion of troops in enemy territory back to my main force, while one group of spearmen intercepts the cavalry.
Then I have enough time to position my forces and place them in such a way that the previously idle "ally" is forced to fight.
It might seem obvious now, but the first time I was completely overwhelmed

it absolutely is that good

I disagree completely, the rubber banding in all those more recent games is obnoxious and looks like shit. collision looks worse, and the 1v1 fighting the units do is canned and less immersive

if any total war games are melee blobs its the recent ones

TRIARII!

Wasnt 7 billywillys on the planet when rome 1 came out, my geezer.

Maybe it's decent, I just auto-resolved all battles because I liked the town building better

Rome 2 is pretty good also.

Don't forget if you start to accumulate too much gold all your generals will start getting greed degenerate based negative traits.

Tis the greed of man that topples empires

I don't understand the blob complaint. Don't people realize most battles where exactly that.

Etimus

Prostagma?

>live in Japan
>TW unavailable on Steam
>still almost full price in stores
I just want to relive the glory of the Roman Empire

His point epitome be a good score does not indicate good gameplay. TLoU was great, but the gameplay was NOT 9.5 GOTY levels, not even close.

Vulome

Spartans a best
>tfw holding the city gates with one troop of spartans and slaughtering hundreds of enemies
And then you add cretan archers to the mix

TRIARI I

Mandatum

I got into a situation where I attacked 2 armies without realizing a third was right behind them, went in thinking I'd crush one of them before they merge, they merged at lightning speed so I pulled all of my guys up the trees of the highest mountain and just rained death while holding shit off.

>referring to a strategy game where you command troops doing the combating
>"how's the combat"

no

make a non-japanese account you fucking cross-eyed degenerate-history low testosterone gook

>add cretan archers to the mix

>Those high intensity online battles where everyones archers would duke it out at the start while your infantry would move forward

So torrent the game like everyone else?