Other urls found in this thread:

pietriots.com/2016/05/14/star-fox-zero-youre-improving-fox/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Pseudo-remake
>No option to use traditional controls
>Visually uninteresting
>Poor review scores
>Short length

Not even the Nintendo diehards went in on this one. For me it's like Skyward sword. I've tried a handful of times to play it but I dislike the controls so much that I quit after 30 minutes.

because you didnt buy it

Controls were beyond stupid

I wouldn't say it "failed". Sure it underperformed, and was disappointing in a few ways, but it was a solid effort and a step in the right direction. The series is far from dead.

Except Krystal. She's dead.

I just bought this game so I could actually see if it was as bad as people are saying, and honestly?

The controls are weird and unorthodox but I haven't found them totally unbearable? It's actually fun in a way.

Granted, I'm not a huge star fox fan and went in expecting a spitfire, so my context is pretty warped, but I don't get why people are flipping the fuck out.

Pretendos were able to convince casuals that it wasn't worth playing .

That's all.

I expect 02 to be much better received, much like Color Splash was.

When your list of 'complaints' includes 'poor review scores' you know the people who hate this game are fags.

Irrationally high expectations due to an overly publlicized delay and an IP being expected to carry more weight than it possibly could've.

It's both sides' fault, really.

Because it was a bad game

Becuase nobody wants a hour long rail-shooter for 60$ with no online in 2016. Also no Krystal, and the forced motion controls

>Forced motion controls

Like Metroid Prime 3?

Like Sin and Punishment 2?

Like Skyward Sword?

Stop being such a fag. There is nothing wrong with motion controls unless you are a casual.

Delete yourself Cody

I actually loved SF0 but can never say so on this board because shills like you exist, even if you're probably just being ironic all the time.

I own SFZ.

I haven't beaten it yet. Way too much all range mode, and I'm honestly just super angry about the alternate boss on the Corneria level.

The floating disk with the eletromagnetic field? I'm sure if you've played it you know what I mean.

I can't tolerate it. I dropped it and haven't looked back.

why do you use question marks the way that you do?

>Granted, I'm not a huge star fox fan and went in expecting a spitfire, so my context is pretty warped, but I don't get why people are flipping the fuck out.

Congratulations, you are part of the "I'm not a fan and I don't get fan backlash" crowd, the same type of people who probably defended DmC despite never playing a precious game in the series.

The controls bugged a lot of players, but the issue with Zero was deeper than that. It had forgettable sound for a series known for its music and VA. It was a regression of plot, just retreading and retconning a story we've already done before. It looked bad even for Wii standards. It was missing key features like true multiplayer and meaningful unlockables. It was an obvious afterthought to Guard, which you could tell was Shigeru's focus from the beginning.

It's a bad habit? I think it's supposed to inform the tone of what I'm saying?

It just reads differently than periods? Sorry?

I liked it :)

it was just SF64 with shitty controls and a bunch of dumb gimmick sections added

yes, miyamoto, put in another walker section inside a ship. thats what people play starfox for. platforming

Google "Uptalking"

You're just forcing that into your written communication. You shouldn't. Uptalking is really fucking annoying. People will judge you for it.

Congratulations. You are a casual.
pietriots.com/2016/05/14/star-fox-zero-youre-improving-fox/

Had this thread a hundred times before, we know why it's collecting dust on store shelves and have known since the first E3 demo, don't need these as they attract EXTREMELY unsightly Cody's.

POST BARA BOWSER
...and Krystal...best part of Assault's multiplayer...

but those 3 games are total garbage.

I use the mechanics perfectly well. The mission is still total dogshit and not even remotely fun. It's badly designed garbage.

what people wanted: same gameplay as the classic first two games, but with tons of content, a whole new adventure, and high production values

what Nintendo did: totally different, gimmick filled gameplay, with limited amount of content that completely mirrored the first two games (again) and with low production values

it never had a fucking chance - miyamoto sacrificed it in his quixotian quest to prove that his gamepad idea was actually good and that the entire rest of the world was wrong.

Difference is, those games' motion controls weren't as obtuse as Zero's or required you to look at a different screen to use them properly, hence why nobody complained about them.
Fuck off, cody

All those points are pretty good except for the game looking bad even for wii standards.

It looks fine. But yes, I totally see your points.

Delusional.

You know what? I think that sums up Star Fox Zero critics in a single word. 'Delusional.'

OP asked why it didn't succeed. mentioned poor review scores, which can lead to a game's commercial failure, just as good review scores can lead to a game's commercial success. Read the question next time.

There's nothing delusional about shitting on the game for having an unfun boss. Aquarosa is fucking GARBAGE.

Why is it so difficult for them to male long on-rails levels that four people can play simultaneously while competing for the highest score in online mode?

Alternatively, why can't they just take Warhawk and reskin it with Starfox shit?

I fucking wish my dad worked at Nintendo.

nice projection.

It was new and experimental in all the ways people didn't want, and classic in the way most people ALSO didn't want.

Weird, new controls, same ol' plot. If they had flipped it it would've been better received. Fuck, if they had done a different plot in general it would've been better received at a glance.

How fucking hard is it to write a new STAR FOX game?

All they had to do was give furries krystal fanservice and it would have sold millions

Nintendo is too proud

MIYAMOTO IS A HACK.

JAPANESE SOCIAL CULTURE IS SUCH THAT NOBODY CAN OR WANTS TO STOP HIM FROM HACKING AROUND LIKE A BIG HACKY HACK

THE END.

>Why is it so difficult for them to male long on-rails levels that four people can play simultaneously while competing for the highest score in online mode?

What you just described, is actually a massive pain in the ass and would probably take a ground-up redesign of almost every level. So yeah, that actually would be difficult, or at the very least require a huge amount of extra work not related to their original project.

>Salt and pepper 2
>bad

Kill yourself, my man

Sorry to bust your bubble, it's shit.

epic meeem

There's nothing wrong with the controls.
The issue with SFZ is the lack of content, it has even less than SF64. And the bosses are trash.

You don't have to force yourself to fit in.

Motion controls aren't bad, and titles like Metroid Prime prove it can work. Star Fox Zero isn't one of those games. unlike Metroid Prime, the motion controls weren't implemented in a natural way, and instead of building on an already established control scheme that Star Fox has, it adds another layer on top of it, which makes the whole gameplay far more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Why is there even need to move the reticle separately from the Arwing if we could already do that just fine in previous titles? Metroid Prime benefits more from this because you're already aiming separately from your character's movements. Same with Sin and Punishment, but in Star Fox, the just broke it into 2 parts to make players multitask, which you never had to do in those games.

I like Krystal

You have summoned them

Miyamoto is so revered by Nintendo they seem incapable of accepting he can have stupid ideas.

There are franchises Miyamoto just doesn't like or understand. He dislikes XP in RPGs and how they change the character as the game progresses. Meaning they aren't simple pick up and play with the same abilities they started with This is why he dislikes the Paper Mario series.

He didn't like F-Zero GX because it was too hard. It was his idea to make Dinosaur Planet into Starfox because both had a Fox main character despite being completely different games and genres.

He also dislikes story heavy games, which again translates to fucking over Paper Mario, but also why story we got no story in Mario Galaxy 2.

Miyamoto produced, not designed, Starfox 64. Him taking the reigns of a Starfox game when he clearly has no idea what makes a Starfox game good was a case of the blind leading the blind if I ever saw one. I wonder what franchise he's going to kill next.

not an argument

so pepper was the true villain right?

Because it was a poorly made furry space game released in the same month as another objectively superior furry space game

No, but i was one of those "moral ambiguity" situations.

There's a point in the final fight where Andross calls bullshit on Pepper's claims that they were trying to build the portal device for peace.
He also wants to take a dig at Fox by asking him why he (a fox) would take orders from a dog.

pepper wanted to leave peppy for dead though

When will this meme die? Miyamoto was not solely responsible for any of the things you listed. He didn't personally kill Paper Mario or F-Zero. Mario Galaxy 2 was better than the first despite having no story to drag it down. Star Fox Adventures was missing content because Rare rushed it out the door once the Microsoft buyout was imminent.

Miyamoto's reverence for motion controls is perhaps his only real downfall - but besides that factor, Star Fox Zero is basically an enhanced remake of 64, and plays like it. I know, because I'm a huge Star Fox fan and played the game to completion.

It's really easy to pull a bunch of justifications out of your ass when you do zero research and parrot the opinions of the slackjawed retards on this peruvian hair braiding forum. Pretending to be an expert doesn't make you one.

they tried to "innovate" with the hardware instead of the game mechanics. if they did the latter, it would've actually moved the series forward, got more critical acclaim, and more sales.

>console with flawed gimmick
>game uses flawed gimmick
>as a result, other elements of the game goes neglected

This is the template for almost every first party Wii U game.

Uh, no. It has shitty controls. Stop trying to be deep and wise, you look like a dipshit.

Are you a fucking retard? Every game is built from the ground up.

Are you actually a fucking retard? Don't ever reply to my posts ever again.

Xenoblade, Nintendoland, and HW used it pretty well at times

>Forced motion controls
>Sin and Punishment 2

Nope. Also SS was shit and MP3 actually had competent controls.

>Star Fox Zero is a retelling of Star Fox 64's story which was already a retelling of the SNES Star Fox
Why is it so hard for Nintendo to move their IPs forward?

This is fucking pissing me off and I can't stand it. Why the fuck would you type that out in response to what I wrote? I don't fucking want online added to Starfox Zero. SF0 is a shit game. How is that your interpretation?

I'm getting disproportionately angry about this, I understand that. But you fuckong pissed me off. I think I had a neat idea for a way to introduce online to the franchise and rather than criticize it for not thinking it would be fun you instead just colossally misunderstand my entire point. I fucking hate you. I hope somebody close to you slips into a fucking coma next week.

You're a sack of shit. You're a fucking bitch. And on the slim chance that you might be black, I want to call you a rope-straightener just to maybe piss you off.

I FUCKING hate you. I FUCKING hate you.

Look what happened when they did, or what happened to Conker

they had to reboot after those awful sequels that introduced krystal, got rid of peppy and killed off half of team star wolf

Best shitpost I've seen in a while. Take this (You), (You)'ve earned it.

thats it Cody, you're gettin whacked off tonight you do not disrespect my company like this

Dumb gimmicks struck again with that fucking POS gamepad. I have 4 pro controllers for a reason: To play with my friends using sensible control schemes

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with Japanese people?

I liked the original SNES game. 64 was an all-time classic. Adventures was...different, but okay for what it was, even if it's not the direction I hoped for. Assault was a better "Star Fox" than Adventures, but had problems. Command had fanfic-tier endings, but it was actually pretty neat and I kind of enjoyed the pseudo-strategy gameplay.

Zero...I couldn't stand to play for more than two hours before my heart turned to despair. Is it worth another chance?

>Krystal returns
>General Scales doesn't
it's not fair...

Because Nintendo failed to make a Star Fox game as good as 64.

That's because Arrcak tusha whujin General Scales

>ki uprising
>sin and punishment
Does nintendo just go out of their way to fuck something up if it has star fox in the title? I honestly have no idea how incompetent you have to be to fuck this up.

Too short
Less levels than 64
last gen graphics
No online. Especially when Command had it, and 64 3D was criticized heavily for lack of, there's a huge problem here
Rehashing 64's story for a third time
The poor VAs
Motion controls can't be turned off, when nintendo claimed they could before E3
No Krystal. Say what you want about her, but she's too big among the SF fandom to just ignore
Memes. seriously, why does every trailer had to end with LE BARREL ROLL meme, and an entire peppy mission based around it
The price tag
Amiibos don't do anything you can't unlock endgame, making them pointless
Pointless sound test for collecting all medals

You have my exact same opinion on the series.

Zero was a disappointment for me and I haven't touched it since beating it. You should at least beat it tho. There's a few cool levels and I think the chicken walker gets more hate than it deserves.

How are Star Fox and Star Fox 2 compared to Starfox 64? I never played them. Until somewhat recently I didn't even know Starfox 2 was that far along in development.

They're both 10/10 snes games and SF1 has a GOAT ost. Play them right now.

>fewer planets than 64
>no alternate paths like in 64
>game can be 100% in under 10 hours
>motion controls
>a literal rehash of 64 despite all marketing and interviews saying otherwise
>characters are even flatter than in 64
>boss designs are lame
>some are even reused in different stages
>no brains to rule lylat

its basically inferior in every single way

>People complain about graphics
>Game gets a major delay to improve graphics
>Hype died down by the time it came out
>The people who complained about graphics weren't planning on buying the game anyways

>Can't duel with Andross in your arwing, have to use the shitty walker.
>James confirmed not dead but he dies for real holding Andross back
>Pepper doing fuck all and constantly barking orders Fox blindly accepts like a good little boy
>Stupid random star wolf battles with all of them sans Leon having anime like special attacks for some reason.
>Re used bosses like the fucking bird and armada battleship
>you have more issue fighting the controls than enemies.

>Not mentioning the constant "trust your view form the cockpit"

Its a decent game but 60 was too much for it, should have been 30. Also I like puzzle games so I enjoyed guard but 99% of people dont give a shit about it or toad treasure tracker

Also people absolutely refused to use the new controls, knew about them going in, and bitched to high hell and back anyway.

>Captain toad
That was all right, some of the find the hidden gold mushroom bits were annoying as it ended up being pluck every bit of air you can find though.

Whenever a I read shit like and I'm glad it sold like shit.

It was a great SF64 expansion pack. I really enjoyed it.

It was a trimmed down Star Fox 64 with shitty and forced controls.