>realize that I will inevitably end up modding the fuck out of it for hours
>or even worse, start making my own mods
>lose all the desire to play
Everytime.

Fallout New Vegas thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNOY2duwaK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you're way too hesitant about modding because you don't want to affect the intended gameplay balances and mods that add content often have no sense for balance and add stuff that's much too powerful

Learn how to use GECK.

Changing values like damage/health/rate of fire/etc is braindead easy.

>yfw you're basically mindless enough to assume obsidthsda's intentions and sense of balance are automatically superior

I was generally speaking, this also goes for other games.

>don't want to affect the intended gameplay balances

In that case, just install the JSawyer mod, which was made specifically by Josh Sawyer to balance the game as he wanted to do before they shipped.

A polish turd is still a turd.

they really need to remake NV in F4's engine.

NV is literally unplayable nowadays, even with clunky ass mods, it feels so lifeless.

Don't delete it when you finished installing mods but don't want to play. Just wait for the next time you want to play it. It doesn't take that much space.

That's pretty amazing for a 6 years old single player game. Also, that approval rating.

don't install clunky ass mods then you fucking idiot

>play game without mods
>it's dated as fuck
>play game with mods
>it's less dated but far more clunky
hmm...

>implying F4 gunplay is that much better
It's still the same shit, only marginally more fluid and with leaning. Still inferior to FPS games made years ago.

Meanwhile in NV:
youtube.com/watch?v=DNOY2duwaK4

No, F4 plays much better than NV does, not even arguable.

>posting a mod to try and prove you right

Anyone here having trouble playing olds games?

>Think about replaying New Vegas and Skyrim
>Mods them for hours
>Install all the available texture packs, enb, combat overhauls and all the nice stuff
>Start game, get excited
>Make a nice custom character
>Get to the starting area
>Suddenly get sleepy, bored, feelings of "Why am I playing this?, this is such a chore"
>Get back to playing Multiplayer games again

Why do people think NV was the better than F3 and F4?

play the vanilla game and just enjoy it without obsessing over every detail

Its a RPG

No.

Go ahead, build a settlement. See how many NPC's actually walk on the walk ways, and how many can actually get through a door or not stuck on terrain.

Combat isnt much better with allies and enemies running randomly around, often falling off of ledges on their own.

Fallout 4 is a sham, but at least NV has some depth and quality mods.

It's six years old and single player, what did you expect?

I've played throug lh NV four times, two on console and two on and PC and I've never modded.

Still fun desu

those are some random complaints.

how about how none of the guns in NV have any weight to them, it's like shooting a toy gun.

or how enemies will literally just run around or even straight at you instead of at least occasionally taking cover.

they should've just made it turn based desu

>how about how none of the guns in NV have any weight to them, it's like shooting a toy gun.
Mods fix that.

>or how enemies will literally just run around or even straight at you instead of at least occasionally taking cover.
Mods fix that.

The whole point is that F4 gunplay is only marginally better than that in NV since it's still the same engine, but doesn't have nearly as many quality mods.

F4 vanilla gunplay > NV vanilla gunplay

F4 modded gunplay

>none of the guns in NV have any weight to them, it's like shooting a toy gun
I disagree.

Also enemies occasionally do take cover. There are mods that make them do it more often.

I felt the guns were fine, I loved the hunting rifle, always have. Shot guns felt beefy too.

And gamebyro has always had awful combat AI. It was the same in F3 and Oblivion.

Mods don't fix any of that, the best they can do is try to force the NPC AI to poorly hide behind something occasionally.

>want to replay New Vegas
>gamebryo

>a 6 year old game has more quality mods than an 11 month old game
>

also

>F4 modded gunplay

>want to play nv
>Remember the map was poorly designed and the same creatures absolutely have to spawn in the same places over and over again so there's 0 chance of actually having an interesting experience, and since the shitty map is designed so that you have to take the same routs over and over and over and fight the same geckos or ants over and over, il get bored to tears in an instant
Game had zero repeatability, it almost forces you to fact travel because of how shitty it was otherwise

>Mods don't fix any of that
Tons of mods that change animations/sound effects/textures/models to make the guns feel more real. It's not like thay feel authentic in F4 either, most feel like toy cap guns.

Tons of mods that improve AI in various ways, too.

> the best they can do is try to force the NPC AI to poorly hide behind something occasionally
So exactly how it is in F4?

In my experience, most of the time enemies in F4 used cover I was still able too shoot them because their head/hands were still exposed or because the AI wa stupid and facing an entirely different direction.

Skyrim is 5 years old and single player, yet gets over 20k to 30k daily players

Skyrim is also chronologically the last game in its series. How many players does Oblivion have?

is New Vegas better than 1 and 2?

Oblivion has about 800 people in-game. New Vegas also has to compete with Fallout 3, as they are both basically the same generation in the Fallout series. (you) are full of shit.

>Skyrim = normies = 90% of homo-sapien population

>New Vegas = hardcore fedora-lord gamers = 2% of homo-sapien population