What game has the most complicated and interesting swordfighting mechanics?

What game has the most complicated and interesting swordfighting mechanics?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/523710/
jas-townsend.com/axes-tomahawks-c-76_20_59.html
youtu.be/6ryyAenmzHM
documentingreality.com/forum/f166/21-years-old-shot-himself-after-dad-yelling-him-159155/
youtube.com/watch?v=5SEbKQWyE9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CfJPGLtxo6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jCahPTDXgJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Die by the sword.

Gay foreplay.

This is why we need to take away people's guns. So they take up the sword instead.

I would totally vote for hillary if she was gonna replace our guns that she takes away with swords

store.steampowered.com/app/523710/

>Scimitar
Most shopkeepers are dex-based in this build I see.

>MetalGearRisingDLC.jpg

Which of these should I buy Cred Forums?

jas-townsend.com/axes-tomahawks-c-76_20_59.html

Nothing is preventing you from owning a sword now.

The headline is misleading. There's security camera footage of this and the punk with the katana (probably fake) robbing the store just runs out when the owner gets his, doesn't even fight. I was so disappointed

why not just buy a modern one that's actually practical as a tool/weapon, you westaboo.

Be a man. Buy only the axe head and use it like a paleolithic tool. Grapple people and crush their skulls with it

Would be better to regular gunblades. Everyone gets one shot and if you fuck it up its time for combat

Nidhogg 2

Real men fashioned tools since most of our opponents had us bested as far as brute strength and fighting ability goes.

He said interesting mechanics, not impossible controls.

But most people have guns. And IF they were gonna commit a crime, they'd probably use a gun. Take away the guns and give people swords. If all the militaries in the world still used swords, we'd probably have lightsabers by now.

is that cell

>gankinglowbiesinSTV.jpg

Because the historical ones look cool and I can pretend I'm playing Mount and Blade

>he didn't die trying to fuck a sabertooth tiger with just his bare hands

Underrated post

Good lord that's almost Disney Aladdin sized, its likes a great scimitar or something

Spend a bit more and get something that not only looks cool, but is very functional as well. It's the best of both worlds and really gives you some bragging rights.

Are you guys fucking serious

>He fell for the clickbait.

I still want a historical axe. I also want this bad boy
youtu.be/6ryyAenmzHM

kek

In a world where civilians have swords, criminals will have crossbows.

I'd be more afraid of an english longbow. that thing is beastly.

>Jas Townsend

Nice, his Youtube channel is nice to switch onto and idly watch.

Funny thing is that is actually what happened historically. Except the crossbow got destroyed by the longbow in the battle of Crecy.

BATTLE OF AGINCOURT
SUCK MY DICK FRANCE

Bushido Blade motherfuckers. Weapons contact/deflect each other, different types of weapons ranging from swords to a fucking sledgehammer, limb damage, an honour system where if you cripple your opponents legs you can choose to fight from a kneeling stance to keep the fight honourable, you get the best story ending if you fight honorably.

Nice! You beat me to it.

yeah, remember who won the Hundred Years War ?
muh battles

The army, marines, navy, air force, and coast guard all still have swords in active service.

Fuck yes, homeslice!

What's going on here?

What happened there?

Seems like an appropriate place for this webm

mustard gas

documentingreality.com/forum/f166/21-years-old-shot-himself-after-dad-yelling-him-159155/

Oh so you think your depressed huh, well here's a gun go shoot yourself.

'kay.

that's pretty cool. too bad a lot of these groups end up being white power and shit and not really about historical martial arts. they're super racist against asian martial arts too and they troll the fuck out of online communities that aren't euro

I always wondered, in the thick of a large battle, just how applicable sword techniques were vs how many soldiers just went on instinct and just swung as hard and fast as they could?

Like modern battles, accuracy drops so much in an actual battle, I wonder how much swordsmanship did?

Thanks for the seizures, user.

source please

>wrapping your arm around the blade
This is the most weeaboo bullshit I have ever seen.

I'M HORNY!

I really wish there were some HEMA schools around me. Kendo is fun, but I do want to learn realistic sword techniques.

It sure would make LA gangwars that much more interesting.

Dwarf Fortress

Kendo is no good for fighting?

>[Bluff 8%] You don't have the balls, pussy.

>too bad a lot of these groups end up being white power and shit and not really about historical martial arts.

lol what where did you get this from?

>that disarm

whites > sub-humans

cry moar weeb nigger

What was it called, clang I think? The game where you'd need to buy a sword controller. Probably nothing ever came out of it, but it would have been a serious swordfighting game.

>"you useless piece of shit playing video games all day, here's a fucking gun to shoot yourself"
>"k"
>"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HE WOULD ACTUALLY SHOOT HIMSELF"

It's closer to fencing. Kenjutsu is fighting, but those schools are even more rare than HEMA ones, and in Japan most don't practice sparring because muh customs.

>Ctrl+F Weaponlord
>0 results

youtube.com/watch?v=5SEbKQWyE9Y

Fighterpedia season 2 never ;_;

This looks gay as fuck

In the thick of battle if you broke formation you were dead.

Except it's legitimate fighting technique

>you live in a world where you can witness someone robbing a store with a sword and see him chased off by a shopkeeper with a scimitar
>you don't live in a world where you have freedom and you are controlled by the government
Feels bad man.

youtube.com/watch?v=CfJPGLtxo6Q
>it's real

Take away guns from civilians only leaves guns with criminals.

See Mexico, where they take away guns from militia groups trying to protect themselves against the fucking Cartel.

Middle eastern master race incoming, get ready europe

selling steel scimmy 1k

You'd be wearing full plate or at least some chain mail, pretty sure your arm would be alright, and you'll be able to apply enough force on the blade to keep your opponent from retracting it.

I mean once the formations met. I know this sounds crazy but even in First Person games you'll have two groups of players who will stay tight and throw pot shots at one another.

Then one or two over extend, die and either one formation falls back or they both commit to and get stuck in. It may be virtual but I imagine that behaviour was similar to actual medieval/melee warfare back in the day. So in the case both formations engaged, that's where I was referring to with my question.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCahPTDXgJY

cheap rune scim 25k

I can't even imagine the amount of control it takes to be calm and follow some kind of technique when fighting for your life. I remember seeing a documentary about a fighting manual that was commercially sold for people who were about to duel for one thing or another. That makes more sense than large scale battles.

If you don't know wtf you're talking about then just shut up.

Is there any actual resson to have a sword in actual battle? Obviously other then limited ammunition is there any other downside to a gun over a sword?

>I'll have your hands for a trophy, streetrat!

Rule of cool

But Asians are the endgame race

Chivalry Medieval Warfare is fun

Not complicated but really fun nonetheless

Round based servers are the best

>The mom then took the gun and threw it on the front of their house.

That was my logic. Its bad enough being a Knight forcefully dismounted mid charge via longbow volley, getting up and being forced on foot. Its another to make it still through that torrent of arrows, on foot, and engage the enemy soldiers in melee or even in a route on either end. Or hell being one of the Knights in a scrum on your horse.

You may got full plate but you still could die from one mistake or over extension. Worse if you aren't lucky to have any plate at all.

What game has the most complicated and interesting bow mechanics?

Most the techniques in those videos are for self defense, duels, or small skirmishes. Also answers the usual question of "Wouldn't most those techniques be useless against a guy in armor?" because you wouldn't be wearing armor in those situations.

In a huge battle you would be using formation tactics and most likely wouldn't even be carrying a sword.

>could have used a gun
>offers the thief an honorable duel

Based

dat single leg

situations where the gun would be a hazard
extremely loud
gas
collateral damage

not really. i guess it's a bit easier to flail a sword around at point blank range than to shoot them.

but even then, you're detonating tiny explosions right next to someone, so that can be factored in as a shock/stun. i'd imagine a .308 going off right next to your head is enough to incapacitate someone

Badass

>get kicked around your country by England for a whole century
>call it a victory when you finally push them out

Most medieval battles werent epic hollywood figths to the last man but more of brawls with lots of shouting, posturing and trying to scare off the enemy and make their formation break first. Battle lines often met and disenageds several dozen times.

Knights also very rarely died on the battlefield, they were worth more alive and got ransomed back.

Well yes a Man at Arms would likely be part of the spear/halberdier formation but I meant those class of soldiers who *would* have swords: the Knight. Despite the stereotype, they actually would commonly dismount to fight on foot. Though I guess they too would use formations?

in most of those situation a knife would probably still be better than a fucking sword

>videogames

or

>professional soldiers with years of training

are there any that get more indepth than m&b?

not to say m&b has indepth bow mechanics

>what are you going to do, shoot yourself?

The older Thief games.

>Knights also very rarely died on the battlefield

I get the ransom but when he is trying to kill you, surely you would try to kill him? Guess its also a testement to the effectiveness of plate armour.

are you talking about online youtube comments and stupid shit like "knight vs samurai"? because that attracts racist shitheads, obv. most people interested in historical martial arts don't give a shit about racial politics or MUH ANCESTORS ans more about what it is and was.