Is there a bigger con man in gaming who has more undeserved praise?

Is there a bigger con man in gaming who has more undeserved praise?

(Keep in mind Sean Murray is completely discredted and no one defends him anymore).

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/fallout-3-will-have-over-200-endings-you-will-never-have-a-life-again-77392.phtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have no idea who this is.

Tim Schafer

Peter Moleneux

Todd Howard (Remember, he won a lifetime achievement award)

Hideo Kojima

Jackie Chan

I'd say Todd Howard but his games are still good despite the lies.

Shigeru Kojima, creator of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Gabe Newell

>but his games are still good

Fallout 3 and 4 are good?

>but his games are still good despite the lies.
I agree! And I for one can't wait until Skyrim Remastered comes out! An even more improved version of literally the best game of an entire generation? Sign me up for two pre orders!

the only con is that he wont officially cancel hl3, he's pretty open about the fact that he isn't a game developer anymore otherwise

>And I for one can't wait until Skyrim Remastered comes out!

I thought it already did?

Not yet. It releases in November, just like the original release. So worry not my friend, there's still plenty of time to lock in your pre order for one of the greatest games of all time!

>making a mediocre game is being a con man

Yes, Mega Man 8 was mediocre.

It depends. Do you consider Peter Molyneux a conman?

People shit on Molyneux all the time, but that interview he did where the guy started out by calling him a compulsive liar was a fucking beautiful work of art that transcends videogames.

>It depends. Do you consider Peter Molyneux a conman?

Yes.

psychonauts guy and borderlands guy

Keiji Inafune sucks. Like everything he's been involved in since leaving Capcom has crashed and burned. And not only that, but a lot of ideas he had during his later days at Capcom were fucking terrible, like DmC. Fuck Inafune, he's a fraud.

>
>psychonauts guy and borderlands guy

God Policenauts sucks! It's like a really bad Visual Novel. And I don't know, seriously, VN are like the easiest thing in the world to design. So when you design a bad one, that is remarkable.

Like the entire story of Policenaughts is not only a pixel hunt, but you basically have to try everything, and then try everything multiple times. So if you don't know this, like if you want to know about some photograph, you ask about the photograph, and she tells you something, and then you have to ask the same topic again. So that photograph entry can occur 3 or 4 times. And then you have to start from the beginning and try them all again because the third time might have opened something new up. And you have to exhaust every single option. ALL OF THEM. Before the game will let you move on. That is HORRIBLE.

It's not like an oldschool adventure game. Because in an adventure game you don't have to look at and inspect everything on the screen multiple times. You're just sitting there, desperately wanting to move on with the plot, and then you're stuck trying to inspect every little thing over and over again, and asking people the same questions over and over again. Ah it's bad. And when it finally gets exciting, it gets exciting for 20 seconds then you're right back at it.

Is the plot interesting? Not really. You know what the story is? It is 5% Blade Runner, 95% Lethal Weapon. It's straight up Riggs and Murtaugh. It's not even subtle. He rips off whole scenes. It's amazing.

You okay reatard?

PSYCHOnauts, user.

>reatard
Oh user... you were so, so close.

Nothing cheers up my day like Todd Howard posts

Even before he left, most of his projects were shit. He's just a producer and his involvement has zero impact on the quality of the project.

>That is a real person that lives on Earth
That hair doe. Like really doe

As shit as Fallout 3 and Skyrim were, where did the "lies meme" come from?

He hypes the living hell out of his game but that's literally his job, but from what I can tell that's as far as he ever goes build alot of hype. Are there any moments he legit lied like Sean?

FO4 is a mediocre shooter and a shit tier RPG with the usual Bethesda Quality™

Its not good Todd

>As shit as Fallout 3 and Skyrim were, where did the "lies meme" come from?

THREE HUNDRED ENDINGS!

No he wasn't. He didn't do shit. God you're stupid.

hey user

you did buy my game right?

This only happened because you didn't buy it at full MSRP.

Shit he said that?
I'm gonna need a source on that.

destructoid.com/fallout-3-will-have-over-200-endings-you-will-never-have-a-life-again-77392.phtml

Mr. Shitface is worse.

>-Over 200 endings, since last week. The 12 endings was surpassed sometime ago.
Fuck, I guess he really is a liar.
Okay but why isn't this the go to meme instead of "you can climb it"?

Hideki Kamiya

Because it's not a lie per se, but a massive exaggeration.

Directed RE2 and DMC. He'll always be fine in my book.

>not knowing dr gino

I just started the megaman games on DS. Fucking hell, they're good. Now I'm sad that there won't be future games.

Make sure to check out the essentials: 2, 3, 9, X. A lot of the MM games were quick cash grab rehashes without any soul, so there's way more mediocre or bad ones than good games. But when a MM game is good it's god like.

>Because it's not a lie per se, but a massive exaggeration.
That's what I'm saying. When people use the "Todd is a liar" meme they usually go with the "You can Climb that Mountain bit" which isn't really a lie. Yet we have proof of him actually lying yet nobody ever really mentions it.

It's not a lie. There are 200+ endings. They are just extremely subtle and minor differences it does not matter to most players, who expect 200+ endings to mean actual real changes.

>They are just extremely subtle and minor differences it does not matter to most players, who expect 200+ endings to mean actual real changes.
That's what I immediately thought to and even then I know it doesn't even do that.

During the end there's a montage of images. There's slight variations of the images. Even a few things that change, when multiplied together results in a big set of variations. hense 200+