Is Halo 1's campaign fun and worth going through?

Is Halo 1's campaign fun and worth going through?

Admit it OP, you just want to discuss Halo 1. You have already played the Halo 1 campaign several times.

Fun and worth going through. MCC (or Anniversary) has the option for splitscreen (double fun with a friend), I prefer the old graphics over the remade-ones.

Bump.

it's the best one

Be ready for a fun but slow gameplay (even for its time).

Play it with a friend if you have one

Yes but not on MCC the sound is fucked. Music is too loud voice is too quiet.

Lots of audio bugs too, like if you fire the plasma pistol really fast it will play the audio of a charged shot. I fuckin hate 343

I have literally never played a Halo game campaign. I'm serious. I'm looking for something with wide open spaces and I heard this SPV3 mod that revamps it and I heard it was good.

sure, as long as you stop at the 343 Guilty Spark mission

this is where all semblance of good and fun gameplay design ends

The thing I still remember the most was how you could actually play a lot of parts like a stealth game, especially the night time starting part of Truth and Reconciliation.

Finishing the last half is worth it just for the ending of the maw

SPV3 is a love letter to the first game, and really the whole series

I don't think you'll really appreciate it if you're just barely starting out on the series

yeah, its a good game, has a SHITLOAD of flaws/bugs/design issues, but overall it is a nice game.

its got a weak story, mediocre gameplay, and aged like milk when compared to any modern games, but for the time/series its the best.

give it a play.

It's the only one I've played. Really fun on Legendary.

Just popped into this thread.
SPV3? Is it. A graphics thing or is there a bunch of stuff to it?

I fucking love Halo 1.

>SPV3
Looked up the trailer for it. Looks good! Is it actually as good as it looks?

First six chapters are great.

Last three are shit except the very last thing you do.

>Really fun on Legendary.
I remember playing with my friend on Legendary. Our strategy was mostly taking turns staying back while the other runs in to try and kill as many as possible before the inevitable death.

>last four
I forgot about the Library. I wish I could forget it again.

First half is great, second half is meh. Grab a friend, and the whole game is awesome. Just know the second and third game are far better.

library and the flood was a mistake

the flood in general was a mistake

gitgud

I love it.
Most popular levels are usually 343 Guilty Spark and the Maw, but I have to confess I've played through the Library several thousand times and usually play it before bed. Super comfy stuff because it's flood only, plenty of shotgun ammo.
I'd recommend it.

The Flood is fun, it's a complete change of pace. Run-run-run. Well, walk rather, MC isn't really good at running.

it's essentially a remake of the first half of the first halo made by a team of modders

it's pretty good, the second part is coming out in a year though which is kinda lame

Yes it was halo 1
Microsoft literally went full investment on that game
and they had a very good reason
because they had to sell their first ever console

test

It worked! Woo-hoo!

I never quite got the hate for Halo, at least Bungie's. Plenty things have been blamed on it, mostly its influence on other games, despite being itself the least console-y shooter. Still, the Halo series itself is fucking awesome and a true masterpiece.