Is it too late to become a streamer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw
gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=wuzJ78o0hIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, you're already too old

Why would you want to?

For all we know, OP might be 16 or some shit. Still a pointless road to go down unless you're incredibly attractive, have a good personality, and good at video games. Vast majority of Cred Forums doesn't meet any of those requirements.

Are you of the following with get above average social skills
>interesting
>capable of being funny both through your own personal scripts and on the fly
>knowledgeable on games
>attractive even if you dont cam
>strong social circle
>cute if female or extremely masculine if male
if no you will need to discover what shutin children enjoy and pander towards them

No, as long as you have a personality then you can make money streaming.

Or tits. If you have tits then you're set.

here is how you determine if you can make it
>record yourself playing a game as if you were streaming
>watch yourself after and see if you would watch this on a regular basis

nobody wants to watch a gay faggot

>Vast majority of Cred Forums doesn't meet any of those requirements.
Vast majority of streamers doesn't meet any of those requirements

Become a streamer on Hitbox.tv or on Youtube Gaming.

It's not too late to become a streamer, but it is too late to become a very successful streamer, unless you have something really interesting about you and get really lucky.

Streaming is fucking retarded, your viewers wont be your friends, and anyone who regularly watches this parasitic content makes me fucking sick.

Fuck streaming culture. Look what youve done to the next generation of gamers? theyre all a bunch of nu-male retards watching streamers instead of playing games

Yes unless you go to creative and do some weird shit like popping jars with your anus or something

Are you gonna tell us anything of substance now or are you just gonna leave us with this high quality post?

That depends entirely on your goals and skills. I don't see why you can't just try and see.
This man, youtube gaming's aesthetic is leagues better than twitch, I just wish they advertised it better. The four hour live rewind is a cool feature and of course if you want you can keep a copy for youtube with no extra effort.

Compare a regular youtube channel page: youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw

with the youtube gaming version: gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw

its infinetly more comfy, plus you don't have to deal with the cancer that is twitch chat.

>instead of playing games

so nothing has changed then.

No, you just have to be able to fill in that "i'm your friend" persona to do well and then choose friendly/engaging moderators to be in charge of cultivating your viewers
The money will slowly roll in after about a year of streaming if you do well and you should always follow trends to boost your viewerbase

Just start your own youtube channel instead

yes.
Prime time was 2013-2014.

You won't be able to grow now without artificially inflating your viewer count to ridiculously expensive levels until you start getting viewers to stick to a point where you can grow.

You can try to get in on the ground floor of a game though. I streamed SFV at launch and I would hang around 35 viewers when I played. But I stopped playing SFV and all of them stopped watching.

I play paragon now and hover around 20 viewers when I streamed, which is pretty cool. I play a different game on sundays, and most of them stick around even.

I have a friend who did speedrunning for a while to build a viewerbase and had 100% retention. Fucking crazy. He's at around 150 viewers when he streams shit, and he streams whatever the fuck he feels like and has viewers. I'm a bit jelly.

E-celebs require you be something either pathetic such as the sleepycast or some ideal man like that black otaku nfl player

There is no point unless:

>you're a girl
>you're top ranks in that game
>you're doing giveaways
>you're streaming a game early

Youtube route is 100x better if you want views. Only got 2k followers on twitch in 2 months from streaming as a top rank player. I don't have too many subs on youtube, but I got like 3 million more views. I don't care about money, just want people to see my plays eve if it's 1k views per vid

Fun fact: After university I was going to become a streamer full time for 2 years to see how it worked out.
However, 1 week after getting my grades I got a call from some IT firm. Now I'm on £52,000 a year doing something I really enjoy.
However, I'll never understand why NEETs don't just stream like Britbong, it's the easiest job in the world.

It really depends on what you want to stream and what your goals are
if you only care about having fun and sharing that with people then it's never too late, if you expect people to just waltz in and donate hundreds of dollars to you then you better be an overwatch, league or dota god before you even attempt to start streaming

>top ranks in that game
that has literally never mattered for any game ever. I see challengers in league stream to ~10 people, I see global elites in CSGO stream to 0, I see bronze in league stream to hundreds, I see people with ~800 MMR on dota 2 getting thousands.

Rank doesn't matter, the only thing that matters nowadays is pre-existing popularity. Or tits, but tits are less reliable nowadays because the market is SO saturated.

>Want to play around with editing
>Record some videos for fun
>Realize that I'm boring as shit

Well, at least it's nice to dream.

Forgot to mention new games not that shit. I got all my viewers from Halo 5. The next thing if you want popularity is to stream your bf/titanfall/gears . This applies to youtube videos as well. In the end it's best just to do youtube, but don't do it for the money.

>tfw you are playing a game you just bought
>your friend comes over
>fucking install/update shit
>"yeah user, you are going to love this game."
>"oh you played it before?"
>"I watched (x) streamer play it. It's a good game, you're going to love the part when (x) happens."

Is it impossible to make money from youtube videos?

Not too late. More difficult now. Its a saturated market. It gets easier if you're a girl. Just have cleavage every day and pretend you care about people watching you

A whole new form of prostitution

exactly. I punch him in his spergy fucking glasses, steal his lunch money, and force him to watch me pound my 2/10 GF in the asshole

I'm a boring person, but you can just become a reviewer or make showcases and people will appreciate it.

For today...yes. I never wanted popularity or to make money. I just wanted people to see muh playz. Now I just randomly throw youtube videos and gif parts to reddit. If my gif on reddit gets 100k views then goddamn I don't care because 100k people saw my shit.

>"yeah man, it's much much harder nowadays. My recommendation is to try to get in on those big new games that everybody wants to see and get in there early"
2 mins later
>"btw guys I'm gonna be streaming BIG NEW GAME a week before release because the devs reached out to us so be sure to watch!"

I stream but the most I've ever had was 8 last friday when I was streaming Overwatch. I normally get 1-4 when I stream though.

if you're really skilled you'll go professional and gain awareness and then start a twitch channel that people are happy to watch without you saying a single word

No, but it is harder. I stream fulltime and I'm happy to answer any questions you have about Twitch.

Are you really good ?
Are you a character ?
Then no, its never to late

what's it like being delusional? I'm legitimately curious.

If you are going into twtich wanting to make money then kill you'reself.

>paragon
Post more of your thicc wife and maybe you'll have more viewers next time

What's your average viewer count? How long have you been streaming?

who's delusional about what, other pros streaming?

:^) be sure to follow Cred Forums's advice and just play that niche little fucking game that only a dozen people even heard of. After all the most important thing is having fun! The views will roll in eventually

Observing that cancer is the best part of twitch

Been streaming 3 years, only took it seriously ~8 months ago. Viewer count is ~600 usually.

It's even worse now because he is now purchasing Youtuber merchandise like t-shirts.

Cx

Youtube videos are way better.

>always be on youtube
>you will get 1000% more views because it sits there
>dont do any of this shit for the money

Do you make any money out of it?

>

MUH L00T CRAYTZ

fucking pathetic culture

all streamers are faggots. i only go on twitch to raid.

>have some professionally edited videos I'd like to upload
>mfw i dont know what to call my channel

>tfw stream speedruns and let's plays, usually between 15-30 viewers, never cared about making money off it at all

feels comfy man

Yes, I make a fulltime wage for my country. It's very fickle though so all my budgeting is based on averages.

I don't like youtube videos because people don't really seem relaxed, everything feels a little forced. I feel the same way with most big twitch streams so I end up mostly watching people with sub 1k viewers.

Do you stream mainstream/multiplayer games only?

STREAMING ISN"T VIDEO GAMES

Finding low key youtubers is pretty fun, I just recently discovered this dude

youtube.com/watch?v=wuzJ78o0hIA

I leave the less annoying speedrunners on as background noise to hear occasional neat facts about vidya and to laugh at large donations from cucks while playing games on my PC

What now faggot?

Anyone can stream on twitch. Only a few make a living from it.

Sadly yes. Income drops heavily if I stream the odd games I want to play, so I stream mainstream popular games and play Cred Forums tier shit in my free time. It's funny how a hobby becomes a job, but it's still fun compared to a normie job.

>tfw you used to watch lobosjr when all he was doing was do dark souls 1 speedruns with 20 viewers
>tfw now he sits at like 2k viewers and doesn't even do splits or routes anymore
you'll go far as a speedrunner