How is Cred Forums enjoying Xbox 360 BC?

How is Cred Forums enjoying Xbox 360 BC?
Bayonetta
Red Dead Redemption
World at War
Lost Odyssey

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/majornelson/status/781524005450870785
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9AJtGguQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=70B2s_8V0LQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does this mean they run better?

ha ha ha

It depends on the game

I sure as hell know Halo Reach runs like shit and its graphics are worse.

I still just use my 360. I leave my Xbox One for Xbox One shit.

Though as of late it's just been for Netflix.

Been loving it. It's great that it removes screen tearing from games that had it.

Here's a question. Obviously very few people switched from PS3 to the bone this gen, so why is Xbox b/c such a huge selling point? Wouldn't there not be much use for it since if you were an Xbox fan you'd probably still have your 360 or have already played these games on your 360? I mean I don't imagine anyone actually saying "yay, I bought an Xbox one, now I can play Halo 3 and Gears 2."

Nobody on here owns that piece of shot.

Enjoying it

Some like RDR do.

>Lost Odyssey
stop it, bunghole

Reach has been running way better now

it's on today.

I've been wanting to play world at war, but I've been in the process of moving. Any idea how well it runs?

wait what

For me, it improves some games, allows me to run everything off an HDD with the disc as a mere authentication token for a few seconds of spin (unlike arcade game combo discs on 360 which had to be read off the disc), and I get to use my favorite controller. That and games can be found cheap. You can get stuff you missed out on last gen like Quebed which has E4 and LUMINES LIVE, which run great on The One, for less than 2 dollars at GameStop.

Need to find a copy for Lost Odyssey. Was waiting for it since the beginning. I am an Idort and never really had the motivation for the Xbone but after they released BC I had lots of things to play but was bummed out that the rest were always multiplat.

Finally Lost Odyssey is here. Now I'm waiting for Blue Dragon, Tenchu Z and Tales of Vesperia. Maybe there is still hope.

How long until they're on Wangblows 10?

I literally just bought a copy at GameStop for 10 bucks simply because they WILL up the price. Gogogogogo.

twitter.com/majornelson/status/781524005450870785

>still no Ninja Gaiden 2 BC
Why does Phil hate us?

Most do at this point

bitch please i still have my copy

Better than the 360

This happen to W@W
It was like $5 then it became bc it went to $15

Dont be retarded, most games run the same or better at this point. Reach is even going to get an update to help boost its performance like the gears games did

For me I feel BC should have been standard, so while I'm not awarding Microsoft any points it's ridiculous the PS4 doesn't feature it all for free. It's merely convenient, and if your competition lacks it might as well tout it.

Did they update it so that it uses the normal graphics instead of the downgraded graphics used for splitscreen?

pffahahaha

BC even got whisked away last gen, 360s PS3s and even the wii stopped supporting it with newer models

Can I play Ninja Gaiden Black on an xbone?

nothing is upgraded, it just runs slightly better

Its not updated yet. Its supposedly coming. They just fixed Gears of War 2, 3 and judgement, so i expect a fix for reach to be here soon

>he bought a Wii FE/Mini
fucking whiteboy

I didnt buy it you dumbass, im saying that they removed the BC in newer models

Same with blacks ops and the other call of dutys

Not my problem, whiteboy

steam would be better

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
But seriously why even bother with the mini when a normal one is like 20$?

That's what I'm saying
Wii Family edition came out in 2011
Mini in 2012, there's no reason you shouldn't have a regular Wii

Why the fuck is world at war still 20 shekels on steam

Yeah thats what i dont get either. Mini is literally pointless, i still have my 2006 wii and it works perfectly, and theyre cheap as hell now so price isnt an excuse.

because faggots pay it

No
not even 2

youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9AJtGguQ8

Depends on the title really, most new ports do though.

I wonder if the increased CPU power of the XBONE Scorpio will perform better in 360 titles.

I want original Xbox to be added plz if anyone from MS is reading this

They can go back and fix the old games, they managed to unfuck gears judgement which ran at sub 20fps mostly. Now it runs at the targeted 30

Seconding. Please god let it happen

Most do digitalfoundry has a few videos on it, CoD2 for example runs at a much more stable 60FPS whereas on 360 it ran at 60 with a lot of drops. Games that were locked at 30FPS will still run 30 but generally closer to a locked 30 if the game had drops.

I wish it would just drop to 10$

You should watch VG Tech, does way more games

>Activision
>not being jews

Well theyve put these old call of duty games on BC surprisingly enough. But dont count on the transformers games.

Is 4 BC?

The dlc for W@W was free on PC iirc

What are the chances of Ninja Gaiden 2 getting BC?

I know Team Ninja lost the source code for Vanilla, Black, and 2 Vanilla, which is the main reason why the Sigmas were made, but does that mean they cant reverse engineer a copy of NG2 or something?

Loving my replay of red dead

Any MvC3?

Remaster goy :^)

the new framerate is fucking magic

Only 2, 3, W@W and BLOPS 1 are bc

I hope so but its doubtful
Fucking volition lost the source code for Saints Row 2 as well apparently
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LOSE THAT?

Japs are known for it
Konami lost the ones for the Silent Hill games and looked what to the HD Collection

>lost the source code
The Xbox versions wouldn't have worked because of the ps3's retarded architecture.

So they remade them from scratch.

Are Infinite Undiscovery and Magna Carta 2 Good?

IU is a bit rough and takes forever for it to get rolling

If I owned an Xbox One I'd be hype. Microsoft did a pretty damn good job on the first Xbox's backward compatibility on the 360.

I bought a 360 slim used a year or so ago though. Great that they're doing that though. Better than Sony's non-existent approach.

Highly doubtful of that. So few games. I can barely think of 5 or so that aren't Halo 1/2 which we have MCC for already.

Ninja Gaiden Black
JSRF
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stubbs the Zombie
Just off the top of my head. Not to mention the plethora of multiplat games that ran better on Xbox over PS2 and Gamecube.

Dont be a pleb, there are plenty of good 1st and 3rd party games on hueg

Nothing special. Rdr multiplayer still isn't fixed even though it's finally backwards compatible. Some games run smoother which is nice but the library isn't that great yet due to developers hesitating to put their games in bc

The worst part about the case for the PS4, is the only thing preventing them is greed. For PS2 games they could give you a download of the new version for free, or at a discount if they wanted too and just have you insert the disc every time or have the PS3 license on your account as an authentication key. For PS3, they could allow free streaming again by using the disc as an authentic story or checking previous license.

The fact that the damned thing can't even play ps1 games only adds insult to injury.what shifty anti-consumer piece of shit.

RDR is fucked because of hackers m8
Same with the call of duty games

I want GTA 4 so I can go bowling. I don't like GTA5 because it's so multiplayer focused and shooting sucks dick when MP3 came out the year before.

If my 360 wasn't dead I'd be playing it right now.

Otogi
Panzer Dragoon Orta

>Otogi
just bought that game for like 10$
why are xbox hueg games so cheap?

idk but it's GC games are the expensive ones

I know man, thank god for Dolphin
PS2 and Xbox hueg games are fucking dirt cheap compared to gamecube ones

Really nice! Most of the BC games that I asked for (Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls, Bayonetta, Lost Odyssey, Forza Horizon, Halo Reach) have been delivered. Now they need to deliver:
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (with Peace Walker)
-Super/Ultra Street Fighter IV
-Forza Motorsport 4
-Budokai HD Collection
-Devil May Cry Collection
-Tekken 6

And I'm set.

It's always Nintendo for some reason

they need to patch halo reach, they were able to fix the clusterfuck that was Gears of War Judgement, I have every hope they can do it for Reach

Nintendo are known for releasing games in limited quantities.
>why are xbox hueg games so cheap?
My guess is more games than consoles owned

I want the old WWE Smackdown vs Raw games but bc depends if the publisher approves but THQ is dead

>100$ for a new copy
>I got mine for 30$ back shortly after release
time flies man jesus
they put Forza Horizon on, so I expect them to move FM4 over
I wish they would do MGSHD but Konami is fucking retarded

yea thats a fucking bummer.

>Lost Odyssey today
I bought it a few months ago but didn't finish, I'm going to get back into it now.

yes and they also remove all screen tearing

RDR runs like a dream with 0 fps slowdowns anymore nor screen tearing

>Buying an Xbone for (SOME) 360 titles
>When an actual 360 costs less than $80

lol

$ for a new copy
Nope it's in VG condition plus dude has more than 10+

I've given up on waiting for Arena FPS games to make a come back so I'm getting into CoD. I pre-ordered IW and bought BO1. BO1 is surprisingly pretty fun, looking forward to IW and TitF2.

WHENS CRACKDOWN

jesus christ
when the new game releases, it's the most obvious

RDR on WIndows PC store when?

They were rolling out a new revision of the emulator for Judgement and Nuts and Bolts that made them run significantly better, so probably soon.

Bayonetta acrually gets perfect 60 with vsync now

Better than the Wii U port though?

It doesn't matter if they don't have it, this is an emulator not a port

yes but wii u has bonus stuff and bayo 2

It's not Activision that does it.

Microsoft themselves specifically made them BC.

Unsurprisingly though, Activision stepped in and didn't allow Microsoft to bring in COD4 because they need to shill their remastered version.

Wii U is the best for content but the emulated version on bone also doesn't have any massive FPS drops or input lag despite the V-Sync while the Wii U version can go as low as 23FPS

At least they are not the PS3 version.

I ask because I have both, and was considering giving away my copy of bayou since I have the superior Wii U one...

So it turns out it isn't that superior after all? That means I keep bayo 360.

I have both and I'd keep both. Collector value on Wii U version is huge and the 360 version on bone for replay value.

>Lost Odyssey

Great, now they just need to add Culdcept Saga to that list and I will have a reason to buy an Xbone.

That's exactly what I am gonna end up doing. Installing now, now just gotta put my save to the cloud. Thanks!

Is Gears 3 fixed too?

why not just buy a 360 if you just plan on playing 360 games?

Gears 3 got fixed as well. They said they would keep on testing older games with issues whatever new revisions of the emulator they make and if there's significant performance improvements, they will patch the game up to the latest version.

I don't plan to only play 360 games, there just aren't enough X1 exclusives I am interested in to warrant the purchase without them.

so what other games are you planning on playing on the xbone then?

lol, dont tell me multiplatform games.

I would have to look at what actually stayed exclusive honestly, the only thing that comes to mind is Sunset Overdrive.

A good bit of the BC games run better. CoD 2 was a good example of this, hitting the fps target almost constantly compared to when running on 360.

this
no reason to use it until this happens

also, how long until x360 compatibility for windows?

I mean, backward compatibility adds a lot of value to my Xbox One. I have 104 games I can play on my One thanks to it, and they all work seamlessly with the same UI and controller.

Is Kameo worth playing? I can never get more than a couple of hours into it.

I like it, I let someone borrow my XBox and I can't be arsed to go get it back.

Jesus fuck Lost Odyssey is 23 fucking gigs...

Worth it. It's what Final Fantasy XIII should have been.

>The One

Still waiting for Tales of Vesperia and Dragon's Dogma.

The jap region locked shit, Microsoft.
That and I buy a xbone

because the 360 is an old console that has a tendancy to break?

>Dragons dogma on consoles that has a playable framerate
would be hilarious to see but Capcom have been mega kikes when it comes to backwards compatibility

Dont have much to add to the topic, but I would buy a PS4 RIGHT NOW if it had backwards compability.
Missed out on some great ps3 games

It'a a nice feature desu. Not a system seller but pretty cool anyways.

Now give us Battlefield 3 and Deaf Space 2 you bastards.

Won't happen because of the CELL
But a PS2 emulator would be great bjt sony are jews

Tales of Vesperia when

I bought it when it was £3 in anticipation of BC

not him, but the cell? I'm in the same boat, and is it really impossible to get around their ass backwards programing? I mean I'd even pay for like a little peripheral or something at this point instead of two whole consoles

Whose dick do I need to suck for Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility?

What do you mean?

I think he means exclusive games only released in Japan

he's a massive fucking weeaboo that's what he means

Is that what those updates were?

Koei Tecmo. MS Published it on 360 but they need KT's go ahead. Vote on the website for it as well.

yup, gears judgement now runs well, same with gears 2 and 3, and Banjo Kazooie N&B

Skate when

just grab a cheap Xbox and mod it using this guide
youtube.com/watch?v=70B2s_8V0LQ

when they make the framerate not shit

It's really honestly the best thing microsoft has done in a very long time and has made me completely forget the fucktarded launch.

Now we just need metal gear. One night last month I bought both metros and witcher 2 for less than ten bucks on live and it was alarmingly satisfying.

I would like an original Xbox emulator for Xbone so it can truly be the Xbox all in one

I agree totally, I love what Microsoft is doing and allowing backwards compatibility unlike Sony making you pay for it. I hope they keep going with it and adding more games down the road. I have a ginormous 360 collection and I am thankful they allow us physical users to put in our discs which is a total 180 of what the XB1 was going to be.

Xbox games are region free

Shit nigga, nice collection. I wish I had a Game Gear.

Although your PS2 library needs some work.

That PSP there is 100x better than a game gear though. Every game I ever wanted is emulated with a great screen and long battery. The game gear is irrelevant and I only keep for collection status.

it depends, it's better to just trade and buy them on PC.

Oh I hear ya.

I just want a Game Gear so I can finally put my G.G. Shinobi cartridge to use.

Mirrors Edge looks like a next gen game.

I wish my ps4 had bc

Hope for the ps4 to hacked

what if like the xbone exclusives that came to PC, they let you put an 360 game into a W10 PC and play?

Why is the Simpsons Game so expensive? Why did whatever-year-old me sell it to Gamestop?

mah nigga