Is the expansion worth coming back for or is it still shit?

Is the expansion worth coming back for or is it still shit?

The last time I subscribed was during the launch of the first expansion pack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iLl_uusujo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does literally nobody play this shit anymore or something?

no ones ever played this game, user

as far as i know theres one english eu server where most of the pop is on the imp side
its pretty fucking dead
damn shame too
best non-wow mmo i ever played

It's okay if you like Bioware's stories.

It's pretty meh, to be honest.

4 chapters of story stretched out to something like 16, filled with forced encounters and lukewarm advances.

I can't imagine being anyone who actually subscribed for the entire time they were releasing it, I only re-subbed after it had all come out and I wanted my 30bux back by the end.

And no new raids. Every expansion since 2.0 weren't only disappointments, they made the game too damn easy and boring too.

I remember as a Sith Warrior I could marry the blue twi'lek companion. Does this ever come up during expansions? Just wondering if they have any consistency, or not.

Not in the hutt or revan expansion, but in the current one they acknowledge it.

KotOR 3 was killed for this.

MMOs > pleb offline games desu

Is it worth playing for free is I just want to do the story? I heard the Imperial Agent story is good.

Fuck you

What the hell is the eternal empire? I love the EU, especially The Old Republic Era, but this is getting ridiculous.

>he Eternal Empire decimates both the Republic and the Sith.[5]

Fucking bioware i swear.

KotOR3 never went beyond a pitch

I would recommend subbing for one month if you want to do the stories.

You get an XP buff that lets you just play through the main story missions to level up.

Otherwise, you'll be doing a lot of shitty MMO fetch quests alongside the story missions but if you're cool with that then F2P is perfectly fine.

The sith emperor's pet project he had going on in wild space. Super advanced and automated fleet of ships and an army of force users that don't blindly follow jedi or sith teachings.

The "true Sith" Kreia was talking about in KotOR2.

That's sidious clone retarded.

>cinematic's have a "realistic" art style
>in-game everyone if ugly clay.
I'm fine with slight stylization for performance but they took it way too fucking far.

But i thought that was the Sith Empire that was the main enemy of the game, until now it seems.

Are you referencing the xp boost items that you get as rewards from the class quests?
Did they increase the xp gain or something? Even with full class xp unlocked and using those doing only class stories I was barely keeping up on the levels.

Or are you counting the shitty planet story-lines?

It's a pretty cool concept and it made the Emperor more interesting instead of just being a cartoon villain/sidious look-a-like.

Too bad they seemed to have no idea what to do with him so he just fucks off in middle of the story.

Maybe what I'm talking about was just temporary.

At one point before one of the expansions they had it so that subs could just play the story quests to level up.

>emperor is not a saturday cartoon villain

it was, that was a bonus for suscription that gave you a 7x bonus exp, so you could basically rush through story quest, I bought the game for 2 dollars and play though 3 storylines

now everyone is almost the same, do class quest and planet quest and you are set

>I can't imagine being anyone who actually subscribed for the entire time they were releasing it, I only re-subbed after it had all come out and I wanted my 30bux back by the end.

I subscribed for the entire thing, you probably won't love it if you didn't like KOTFE. I loved the story, so there is that.
Too long when you can just gather a group and do all the heroics and get leveled in an hour or so.

why the fuck would you want to grind dungeons to level up to max level in a game where endgame doesn't exist?

this game is a singleplayer MMO

Listen I've defended this crock of shit to everyone I've ever known since the day it came out. I was a literal fanboy, but no. It's not worth coming back to. Fuck SWTOR and fuck Bioware for the shitshow that was the first "season" of this bullshit.

It's one thing to do a Telltale style railroading, it's another to make a Telltale style railroading of choices that don't even fucking make sense. Fuck SCORPIO and fuck this game.

It was 12x

Why cant the just rework it and sell it as Kotor 3. The whole game plays like a single player game with coop at best

Not talking about the classic Emperor from the movies here anyway. Apart from his whole planet-eating gimmick he was pretty lame before the expansion.

No it fucking didn't. It's an ass pull and he's still a saturday cmorning cartoon villain who goes around in your head as a ghost like "weak weak weak, my children, take some lightning to save people... why didn't you take my lightning? Weak weak weak weak."

And he's lame after. The plus side is his voice actor is amazing and his armor is kind of cool.

It isn't.
the original class stories are the only good content in the game
also the one you've got a picture of has no official info published other than that picture even though it's supposed to be coming out this year, another fine display of Bioware's trademark communication skills

CHOICES.THAT.MATTER

Revan had some good moments, and those moments were the ones relating to your class so go figure. But the amount of bad moments outweigh the good. Hutt Cartel was shit and I fear doing it, and the new season was so fucking stupid and jarring compared to the old content that it turned half of their own forums against them.

I did like the absurdity of one of the final Hutt Cartel bosses being essentially a mecha fight.

So did they drop every idea/plan they originally had for this game? Are the old classes and stories even relevant at this point?

instead they blindly follow wishy washy neutral teachings

and Arcann and Vaylin are just megacunts

they're not even ingame cinematics, it's all prerendered shit done by Blur as lead-up hype

>He steals your ship if you anger him

Why did literally every other person on that ship not stop him?

Nope. You get some callbacks in fluff dialog but that's it. Half the cast is dead or missing, the Dark Council got assraped into oblivion and the new leader of the Sith is someone nobody but the game makers like. And I do mean nobody.

I hope you only played 2 MMOs. WoW was never good, but TOR was always abysmal.

I thought he was good in the first batch of chapters. After that they ruined any chance of him being good.

>Defy him and his power
He gets pissed and yammers on about destinies, makes him look stupid that he put any faith in you
>Accept his power and plan to seize power
He attacks you anyway because fuck choices. Once again just makes him look stupid that he went through the effort of dying on purpose just to deny you at the end.

Arcann and Vaylin are just regular sith. It's so fucking retarded that dialog tries to convince us otherwise.

Only good thing about this game is the Tortanic shit storm it created of Cred Forums. Was pretty fun while it lasted.

I'll admit that when you first meet him on his throne, that was pretty great. But from there he just crumbles to pieces. Also him killing Mar left a bad taste in my mouth. Not because I'm a Mar fanboy, but I just feel like Mar isn't that much of a retard that he'd go "I can take him!"

It felt like an excuse to try and make players angry or sad or some shit at the death of a fan favourite. It was hollow.

>apart from his whole planet eating gimmick

Which Bioware stole from Nihilus outright.

that whole mmo is a waste of resources since the get go.

fans want KOTOR3 not that shit Disney mmo

So? It's not like "evil being who eats planets" is an original idea. Plus Nihilus does it to sate himself and the Emperor does it because he just plain wants power. Out of all the points to bring up to prove how retarded the game is, that's the least relevant one.

>KotOR 3
>Made by modern Bioware
Thank god they did kill it.

You know, i used to hate the fact that Disney made the EU non-canon, and sometimes i still do get angry about it. But than i remember TOR, and the anger goes away. TOR is the single worst thing to happen to Star Wars. At least the prequel trilogy had good things come from it, SWTOR has nothing.

Fans didn't really want anything at the time. It was only once SWTOR actually became a thing that "we could have had KOTOR 3" became a thing.

I miss SWG.

They gave him the same power but without any of the downsides that made Nihilus interesting.

Vitiate is essentially a Mary Sue.

What's the current plot line right now anyways? Does being the Empire's Wrath mean anything anymore?

No. TOR is not even close to the worst thing to happen to Star Wars. Fuck SWTOR but that is so untrue that I can't even.

Nihilus was never interesting.

Me too user.

I still play it. It's not the same, but it's still fun and the game will always be top notch comfycore.

I'm rather split on the EU no longer being canon. On the hand, I'm sure a lot of stupid shit got thrown out, on the other I hate the idea of such hard work going to waste.

you playing SWG EMU?

they made Thrawn canon again through the cartoon

the pupils weird me the fuck out though

Yeah me too, but the bad really did outweigh the good in the EU, Clone Sidious, Vong, and TOR being the biggies.

This is where I'm at. I was pretty confident they were going to slowly reincorporate the parts of the old EU that were worth keeping into the new, but they've managed to avoid that pretty much completely so far.

The new EU is fucking garbage, too. The Vader comic was alright for a while, but most of them are just boring and focus too much on the original crew. The best parts of the old EU were always the parts where the OT characters were either reduced to cameos (Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast) or completely absent (KotOR, Dawn of the Jedi)

I think its disgusting to come in after 30 years and shit on it when it kept the franchise alive and going for many years

Disney Kikes and their bullshit can fuck off. They didnt even try to work with the Holocron Lucas gave them and did everything to force out a nostalgia bait for the sake of the whole franchise

uh.. so you like dead on arrival MMos? Like I dont know what was sadder, the lack of BASIC UI essentials missing or the fact the the forums were a hug box for people who still thought it was redeemable or playable.

Than what is the worst thing in your opinion? The Disney buyout? Holiday special? THe Lucas remasters of the OT?

I'd be lying if I said I was a die hard, most of my interaction with the EU was done in the games and I feel bad I have yet to read Thrawn trilogy or watch Rebels or Clone Wars. Still, my opinion stands.

I more or less agree with you. Lucas and a lot of the writers for the EU are plain shit. It's true. There is a lot of garbage in the EU, but to toss it aside so quickly is a bit of a slap in the face. People have loved this series, bought comics and figures and all kinds of shit relating to it. And Disney just goes "yeah, but that's not real Star Wars anymore. It's essentially fan fic."

And for what? Essentially they've given us a remade version of the first film Lucas made with flashier effects and abnormally designed vehicles that are just basically the old vehicles, all made to sell toys.

What are you talking about?

They should've left the pre-movie stuff and scrapped the post-ROTJ things so they could actually expand on things

Should I waifu Lana on my BH or SW.

Yeah. I haven't been on in a few months, but I do still hop on from time to time.

I was playing on Awakening for a while, which was great while it lasted, but that server's pretty much dead now (basically all the 3rd party servers are, Basilisk is the only one with any population)

SW
better be fem

There are a couple of worse things. The Sideous Clone story, the Holiday Special as you mentioned, literally everything to ever come out about Mandalorians ever after their initial description.

Also anything with Boba Fett, since it was almost like they were determined to smash him so far into the core of the Earth as possible. These things are pure garbage, and the Fett thing lasted a very long time in the EU and influenced a shit ton. SWTOR only really influenced the other KOTOR games, and still had some decent moments despite it's overall shitty nature.

You can romance the potato on anyone you want to romance.

Sorry theyre both male. Should I make my Inquisitor a female twilek or rattataki?

>captcha: montrose quayside
Wasnt the rival BH in SW:Bounty Hunter named Montross? Fucking weird shit senpai.

Either works, but Sorceror blows, go Assassin

SW, Keep that force sensitive bloodline pure.

You get separated from her for five years and when you finally meet her again she throws the entire quest you're on off the rails to hop on your dick like she's been missing it every day

What about the SW Apprentice?

>have to wait for Eternal Throne for possibility of Jaesa

It hurts.

daoots

>talking about content and shit instead of the crippling bad engine where you will never get a decent framerate

Yeah, all of those things are pretty bad.

But SWTOR ruined one of the EU's best stories, and if Disney ever does consider making KotOR canon they are going to include it. Especially since they have good relations with EA right now, and that's why i think it's the worst.

>and still had some decent moments despite it's overall shitty nature.

I'm sorry, but no. Nothing about SWTOR is good, it ruined beloved characters, and spawned some of the worst Star Wars books ever made.

It has some of the worst characters ever made in Star Wars (Vitate, Nu-Revan) and some of the worst stories (Eternal Empire, Shadow of Revan).

>expansion is supposed to come out in the next two months
>zero fucking information at SWC

This is 100% the last expansion before they can this turd.

>This is 100% the last expansion before they can this turd.

I hope so.

You should have seen the first leaks of the giant barbell sized lightsabers.

The 'game' is atrocious. i resub'ed for the fuck of it cos my dumbass brain couldnt handle seeing the rogue one trailer and i needed a SW fix. I played TOR from beta til they announced it was going F2P.

With the free lvl 60 i could take down gold elites by standing still and just mashing action buttons with out even reading the tooltips. The missions or chapters or whatever they are are just corridors. Run to the next shit NPC and whack them, rinse and repeat. I have no problem with grinding in mmos, it would have been better to just wade into a group of npcs. There is no challenge in this game.

I fucking miss SWG too

It was shit when it came out and it's shit now.

>You should have seen the first leaks of the giant barbell sized lightsabers.

what

It was a cool single player game, but they dropped the class storylines, so whatever.

Ruining Revan and the Exile was all it did, and nobody was particularly hyped about the first KOTOR story anyway. It was not "one of the EU's best stories" unless you're talking about 2. 2 still has it's own idealogy, SWTOR didn't ruin that. Again, it just ruined the Exile. To say there was nothing good about SWTOR is being intentionally stupid.

It spawned shit books, but all of the games spawned shit books. I'm not defending that SWTOR sucks. I'm saying that saying it has NOTHING good is retarded.

The alpha version had these lego lightsabers. It was goofy as fuck.

>I'm saying that saying it has NOTHING good is retarded.

No it's not. Tell me 5 (Five) things that are good about it. And no gameplay because we all know that is bad, just good things about it's "story".

The cinematic trailers were awesome and got me hype asf, i guess that's one good thing... and also a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Oh those.

>hating Darth Acina, \
why?

i think this might have been them? the scale is so off in this game i cant really tell

someone post the "quality bioware animations" webm.

Makes you wonder, what would KOTOR be like if it was made by modern Bioware?

I just can't imagine what that would be like.

Shoved front and centre, apparently gets blessings from the Emperor despite it actually having been inconsistent and rewritten and generally just a shallow character.

I'll actually make it easier on you, no gameplay. Just 5 good things.

Apparently her VA was a cunt so they want to avoid her as long as possible. It's up in the air whether she'll return.

dataminers have already determined most of the two expansions voice work was made congruently.

I just want Raina back

>The Imperial Agent overcoming his programming, and generally just the Imperial Agent
>The Sith Warrior telling Baras "I am not, nor will I ever be your slave."
>The Sith Inquisitor reciting the part of the Sith Code Thanaton just conveniently forgot
>The Trooper and his gang of misfits raiding and shooting up the Gauntlet, and really any of the official war missions the Trooper gets to do.
>The pure cathartic nature of the Bounty Hunter telling Jedi McGee just how hard he's fucked up and the fact you bag the political leader of the Republic
>As dry as his class story can be, the Consular redeeming someone who has been possessed by a furious sith ghost for countless years, not to mention basically successfully unfucking the entire Council
>The Smuggler gets to become King of the Pirates, albiet it's hollowed out a little by the fact that it's more or less dropped later on since you can't really just go around with a mega fleet.
>The Sith Inquisitor getting his superweapon and fucking up a Republic fleet with it
>Light Sided Sith Warrior not sucking as much as I had assumed it would

One thing I have to wonder about with the Warrior being the Empire's Wrath, what does it mean now? Do I work directly for the Council in the same role? The most powerful Sith Lord in the Empire? Emperor's Wrath had a clearly defined purpose and role, Empire's Wrath feels more of an honorific with no real power.

Imagine Inquisitions combat mixed with Mass Effect. Thats pretty much it.

>Gault Rennow
>Expands on Mandalorian culture in a way that isn't disgusting Traviss-wank and explores how fucking dumb they are without someone to reign them in and lead them around, furthering the themes explored in Canderous Ordo's subplots.
>One of the few EU stories that portrays the Sith as an ideology and not just a character trait. You can play as a full-on Palpatine wannabe that manipulates everyone and kills those who won't play his game, a compassionate and patriotic warrior that believes in uniting the Empire rather than dividing it in stupid power plays, or anything in-between.
>Excellent music, continuing the Old Republic franchise's spotless track record youtube.com/watch?v=2iLl_uusujo
>Fun to play dressup in
>KotFE actually has a couple of your choices matter
I even threw in a sixth as a bonus

Man you are terrible at creating characters.

Actually I'm not done yet

>Beating the shit out of a noble as a BH for being an arrogant prick, repeatedly, and then going no to murder so very hard that the House of Assassins call you up to do a job for them
>Same class, killing the fuck out a warrior race so hard they decide you're basically one of their own
>As a Sith Inquisitor, telling a race of overly spiritual assholes to go and eat shit because you made a promise to take someone to space, the end of their planet be damned
>Releasing the Sith Ghosts and giving them peace is also a fairly good moment
>The Sith Warrior, his first mentor and his potentially half insane ally teaming up to confront Baras and disprove the shit out of his stupid claims
>Talking down Jadus, one of the most powerful Sith, and convincing him to fuck off

It saddens me his daughter basically becomes a non entity after that. Poor insane whateverhernamewas.

I loved the way you could turn the Jedi Aprentice to the Dark, as SW, just by being rational and not being a murderous cunt.

>Nihilus was never interesting.
Shit taste confirmed.
One thing I loved about this game and hate about SWTOR was the ability to make so many different alien races.
>tfw you will never make a lizard bounty hunter

Then you need to post your characters from an MMO you play.

I've never seen someone make that statement and follow it up with characters that weren't a hundred times worse than the guy they were insulting. I want to see if you break the pattern.

>tfw I like swtor and play it now and then
I think it's a quite good game now and people really should sub for a month or two and play the imperial agent and inquisitor/sith warrior storylines. They're amazing and the agent one is fantastic. Probably one of the best star wars stories written. The game has a lot of flaws but it's also good in other aspects imo.

except that bit's entirely determined by your alignment and being a murderous cunt is how you get 99% of dark side points

This.
It's been quite some time since I completed the agent story and can't remember everything well. I really should continue with him in the kotfe storyline as well as the Hutt cartel and revan expansion. The male VA is so good
>that one missing where you pretend to be someone else and change accent
Pretty sure my male agent ended up as a neutral guy, knowing he has the power to fuck shit up should he so desire.

Turning the master to Dark Side isn't though, and it's ten times more satisfying than turning Jaesa.

Nobody ever thought Nihilus was interesting, he was the weakest of the Sith Lords.

>Nobody ever thought Nihilus was interesting
Like I said, shit taste confirmed. He was far better than rockman.

Yeah the male VA is the reason why I made my Imperial Agent a guy. I've made like 6 of them, and they're always Chiss. I can't not make the IA Chiss.

Oh that's another moment to add to the 5 things guy who hasn't responded yet
>Imperial Agenting so hard that a Chiss House adopts you

How was he better? Explain to me why Nihilus was interesting.

>Making the Jedi Master shit the bed while you basically just mock the shit out of him the entire time

Also I forget whether it was the SW or the SI but one of them gets a line where you basically say "I love, and I'm more of a Jedi than you'll ever be" or something to that effect to a Jedi, which was another good bantz moment.

Yes? And?

>Turning the master to Dark Side isn't though
no, that one happen regardless and there's basically nothing that influences it
and the options afterwards are just variants on kill/spare

You made the claim that he was the worst. How is he? Rockman had so little going for him. at least Nihilus had the blind slut.

That's true, but even if it's set in stone it's entertaining as hell

Nice. My agent is a male, created my agent with a friend creating a female one and then we lvledwup together. He was the cat species? Cathar and it fitted I cutscenes were we where together having a female companion. I think the female VA is good too. Anyway nice list you made and it's a shame people miss out on so good stories, especially now that it's so easy to level up.

Dodged my question, did you?

To answer your question, since I'm not going to dodge it like you conveniently did. Nihilus HAD no character, all you knew was he was disconnected from the force and hungered. That's not exactly bad, but he was by far the worst out of the 3 of them because of it. He had no interesting moments. He had no interesting history or interactions. In the game proper, he was just there, and all you knew was he once fucked up the Jedi. Then you kill the shit out of him and he explodes into dark clouds.

Yeah both VAs were great. I think pretty much all the class VAs were decent. Some had a lot of moments where it was like "really? That was what you went with for that take?" (the Smuggler had a couple of moments like that, for instance) but otherwise they seemed decent.

I know. The Eternal Empire originates from a single planet, which, somehow has the resources to overpower the Sith and Republic and remain out of their radar for so long is ludicrous.

>Dodged my question, did you?
No, I gave you an answer, shitposter.
>How was he better?
>Rockman had so little going for him. at least Nihilus had the blind slut.

If treated purely as a single player game is there a good campaign in here?

Every class has a different story, right? Which stories are good?

Are they spread too thin or heavily padded?

No you didn't. You just said "rockman was worse" didn't specify why, and then tried to claim Nihilus was interesting because of ANOTHER character. Which is by far the stupidest possible thing you could have said.

I played for the story. I can give a fuck about endgame.

>Rockman had so little going for him
Nice job ignoring. Also, you never told me how rockman wasn't worse. Even his "mission" was boring. All he had was the old woman going for him, and you hardly had anything about that fleshed out. So bare that it could have been omitted and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Now, try explaining why rockman was so much better and stop shitposting.

Rockman had an actual arc, interactions with you, and a semi decent final duel. Nihilus, for all of his apparent incredible power, gets annihilated.

Now answer the first question, dumbass. How is Nihilus interesting? NIHILUS not his fucking blind slut.

Just watched The Force Awakens for the first time. I liked it but the main girl not so much. She was too perfect and had too many skills without explanation. It bothered me to be honest. I heard Cred Forums hates it because of the black character. Shame on you if true.

>Then you need to post your characters from an MMO you play.
>W-well I'd like to see you do better!

Christ you're pathetic, getting so defensive over a one-off comment. You don't have to be great at character creation to critique some user's shitty creations, just two eyeballs.

Rey was well enough acted but her character's ridiculous skill set was annoying.

Finn was absolutely fucking bro-tier and a great character with a good arc. From what I've seen Cred Forums likes Finn because he's a pretty good character who is actually relate-able.

Well, being a fucker that consumes planets in interesting, keeping a slave to do his bidding, but gets taken from him and used to kill him is nice too. Rockman was only interesting when his goons were attacking you. Even then he was still barebones. They literally could have had him out of those scenes and nothing would have changed.

Finn is the best part of the movie, easily.

Hopefully the scripts are better going forward.

I don't know how Cred Forums feels but Finn is ridiculous and too well-adjusted to be a man assigned a barcode for a name and trained from birth to be a killer.

Finn was fine comic relief, but they really missed an opportunity to make him more. Turncoat stormtrooper had so much potential and they completely squandered it.

>Turncoat stormtrooper

>Does literally nobody play this shit anymore or something?
Anymore? The fuck are you talking about, nobody played it in the first place. That's why it went F2P in like 3 fucking months.

Rey is probably one of the worst things about the new movie. She makes one face the entire movie and is overall just an unattractive choice. Considering they also phased out Slave Leia I'm guessing they wanted to go the Twilight route of, "Let's make the female protagonist as dull as possible so little girls don't feel threatened by her and can more easily self-insert."

>He thinks I'm the guy that posted their characters
Nice attempt to deflect, but no. I just mock shitposters that want to give without getting.

You want to talk shit? Fine. But at least post something of your own and contribute to the fucking thread.

They need to shit on Rey HARD in Episode VIII if they want to make her a protagonist worth remembering. Right now she has no character at all. Even Anakin had flaws and understandable conflict, despite being acted with all the nuance of the average Cred Forumscore mixtape. Rey's nothing.

Someone needs to kick her ass. Someone needs to tell her how wrong she is about everything. Someone needs to make her cry, or scream, or just EMOTE something.

Deflect? You really are an idiot. I addressed your point directly; it doesn't matter if you are that guy or not, when the argument is critically flawed.

You don't have to create video games to critique video games. You don't have to be a world class chef to critique food. You don't have to be a professional stunt driver to spot a shitty driver. Etc, etc.

Having more shitty create a characters posted in the thread is just as much of a contribution as that user calling the guy's creations shit.