Fuck this game and fuck everyone who pretends it's fun...

Fuck this game and fuck everyone who pretends it's fun. I'm a veteran of the Souls series starting with Demon's Souls and I've beaten Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 along with Bloodborne. I have beaten the DLC and on NG+. Dark Souls is widely known as the most difficult video game series and having mastered these games, I consider myself an excellent gamer who can meet challenges head on and triumph over them.

Monster Hunter is terribly designed and over half of my deaths are from unavoidable bullshit like flexing after healing since one hit basically almost kills me and having monsters stun you for 5 seconds after getting hit twice is absolutely artificial difficulty. How am I supposed to do anything when I'm standing there with stars unable to move? How am I even supposed to hit the monster when the weapons are so fucking slow? Seriously, how can anyone enjoy this clunky garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5oOeu7Hsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe you're not as good as you thought you were and need to git gud

Git gud, scrub.

Here's a few tips how:
-If you're in desperate need of heals, run out of the map
-To break out of stun, move the circle pad rapidly, it speeds the break out.
-Find a weapon that suits you, perhaps try a ranged weapon if you're finding melee to be too slow.

Monster Hunter is objectively a shit series. Mh4u sold more copies in japan than the entire collective of copies for the rest of the world. You have to know you're fuckin shit up bad and doing things wrong when you put a product in the global market which goes on to sell worse globally than it does on your california-sized island.

Trying too hard.

you forgot monster hunter thread

Like just in case this isn't bait, you're probably playing it like Dark Souls and it doesn't play at all like the souls games. You can't just chug estus in combat and not give a shit, you need to run behind cover or to a new section of the map. And you can't just run up to a monster and mash attack until you see the big orchestrated attack animation so you can roll with your infinite i-frames out of the way, you gotta dodge it and wait for your opening.

>I consider myself an excellent gamer
Here is your problem. You forgot to git gud.
>souls games are hard
kek

With styles you can basically never get hit. OP just sucks.

>all these people not recognizing overused pasta
what the fuck happenend

I've seen this pasta before.

just Adept

Aerial is really shit against some monsters

Is it the fact that nobody recognizes it, or the fact that Souls posters now unironically sound like this?

Upgrade your armour and eat for Defense until you git gud.

It's the former you retard
why is everybody so obsessed with some us vs them bullshit

Monster Hunter controls are clunky as fuck

play some of the good alternatives like SS:D or Toukiden Kiwami

As a Monster Hunter veteran flexing after is a pretty stupid excuse after healing that I never liked and always just seemed like the devs were trolling you.

I don't consider it harder than the Souls games though I actually think Monster Hunter is much easier people just just need to learn to adapt. Most of the animations in this game are deliberately drawn out and designed to punish the player for rushing in and trying to play it like an action game. Top level Monster Hunter play is all about exploiting jank and hitbox management.

>exploiting jank
exploiting what now?

see youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5oOeu7Hsk

you have to learn the safe zones in attacks to really git gud at the game

MH fanboys are getting really obnoxious.

The bait is too good, people actually responding to it. 3/10.
Use a more obvious one next time.

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

At least you have this, user. Jesus, you're really in every MH thread, aren't you?

You forgot one glaring issue: having to track down and chase the monster in question

Trolled softly.

>he doesn't know MH thread tradition
Psychoserums are dirt cheap, just buy some of those

I was trying to be extremely obvious but the lack of MH discussion leads me to believe I'm being trolled back or these guys are retarded

Japan's population density is huge.
Their culture is vastly different from the rest of the western world. Considerably so.
Whereas western players tend to prefer playing on big screens with powerful systems, Japan only cares if they can play it while commuting or away from home, and it's all the more valuable if they can play it with friends. Furthermore they have a higher tolerance for grind-intensive games than we do, especially given that they can play it with friends or on the train or bus.

Monster Hunter has always been a big name game in Japan. Over here it's barely ever gotten any marketing. MHTri was the first one to get truly significant amounts of advertising, followed by MH4U. That between NA and EU we managed to total 25% of the game's global sales is a feat.

Each entry will typically between 3 and 5 million during its lifetime. Most of that is Japan, true, but that's because the game caters most strongly to that demographic.

It's funny. People often complain about the speed of drinking, but compared to the speed of sharpening I find it a minor nuisance at most. And even then, the Speed Eating skill is a thing that exists, yet people consistently refuse to use it.

Cool Flavor text op. I smiled.

Started with 4u and generally got the idea. Timing, positioning and being familiar with each monsters attacks. I did ok until I got to zinogres. Repeated wipe outs or at least forced to use all the healing I could carry and take 30+ minutes a time.

Decided I was not going to stand for it and practiced the fight until I could win reasonably. Then I went and actually checked what skills you get from zinogre armor.

Felt a little bit guilty but it got me through the game far enough to kill gogmazios or whatever.

Now I am adept styling my way through gen. The dodge counter attacks certainty make it more fun even if it does still feel like a crutch.

Monster hunter 5 I will play normally I swear.

>And even then, the Speed Eating skill is a thing that exists, yet people consistently refuse to use it.

That's because you're already massively limited as to the amount of skills your armor can have. As a GS user, Focus and Crit Draw are almost absolutely necessary and then maybe on top of that you can put a couple skills at most with how awful Capcom has made skill customizability with regards to armors.

>clunky
Mm, nah. Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses. Some are more fluid than others. The game is a little tankish but I wouldn't call it clunky.

>SS:D or TK
They're fun, but they're no Monster Hunter.

>absolutely necessary
No, not really. Only to people that absolutely, totally, completely need to kill as fast as humanly possible. You can still kill the monster just fine without focus and crit draw. Crit draw more than focus. You'll achieve slower killtimes but if you've got something like speed eating, it might be a more enjoyable experience overall, especially since the concept of getting hit the moment you recover your health or having to immediately superman dive is completely eliminated.

>Seriously, how can anyone enjoy this clunky garbage?
We will never know user, we will never know.

But you can know.
Just because the reasons that others might enjoy a thing aren't compatible with your own reasons for enjoying things doesn't mean they're not valid.

>You'll never fight Astalos with those graphics.

Generations is best MH

Astalos looks a shit tonne better with those graphics than it does in-game, where it feels like it becomes just a black and neon blob most of the time.

And yet, on the flip side, I can see more aspects of its design that I dislike than I do in MHGEN straight up.

comeback when you have played nioh

lmao. Someone sucks at timing based action games. Souls is for babies.

>tfw stuck playing FU and P3rd on PPSSPP because no 3DS
How long until Citra is able to run 4U and Gen? I'm starving for new content