forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/character-aesthetics-pushing-it-further/1494445
youtu.be/1KKUUgoV3JA?t=1m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=UAJzgLdevoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I hurt myself today.
>going to kotaku

whatever pain you're in
you deserve worse

It sucks that "game journalism" is so shitty that I actually go to Kotaku. They break like 70% of stories and then IGN and Gamespot and shit just link back to their site.

how was murtaugh able to revoke diplomatic immunity at the end of Lethal Wepon 2?

I just get everything from here honestly.

It's probably too late for that.
Paladins probably just took any chance that Battleborn had for the F2P Overwatch competition

Joke went right over your head, didn't it?
How could you miss the mark that bad?

I'M SLOWLY DRIFTING INTOOOOOO

god i hate this picture. why the fuck would you subvert pepe's image like this? it doesn't convey any of the classic pepe emotions because it was made by some shitty user in a vector program

this honestly

This

Battleborn blew it both as a paid game and a F2P title.

TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

The only thing that surprises me about this is that it took this long.

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't worry user. I'll lead the revolution to quality journalism.

So what are they gonna do with the people that paid?

They're gonna give them back their money? Is this game literally gonna be - negative copies sold?

Might actually give it a shot.

Yup.

>o shit look paladins has 1.5 million downloads
>go free now boys it works
>too fucking late

also paladins was $13 to buy the game. All unlocks was also under 24 hours if you were f2p.

>I will be able to erp as a birdman for free
yisssss

>fails at launch due to being outdone by Overwatch
>fails at relaunch due to being outdone by an Overwatch clone
Poetry so fine it could only be written by Lucas.

Kotaku's piece on Silicon Knights' demise was actually well-written. Of course, it was written by an independent journalist but hey

You couldn't pay people to touch that garbage.

THE STARS AND PLANETS

>Gearbox reportedly wanted Battleborn to be a free game from the start

>W-We wanted this game to be F2P from the start you stupid bakas, but 2K wouldn't let us!

It just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down!

But seriously, is there any company that Damage Controls worse than Gearbox?

every day i pray for the day that all furfags (such as yourself) are permabanned from this website

>implying you can't erp as a birdman for free right now
Caw caw motherfucker here comes my cock

>think some of the characters are pretty cool designs
>but the actual gameplay looks like shit

god damnit not again

I'm gonna guess
>Exclusive items for people who fell for it
>F2P lowers the cash shop prices considerably
>All founder items available in cash shop

Screenshot this

With a bullet

When is Randy going to release his new album?
Video games clearly isn't for him.

but I lay eggs (male) from there!

They'll get them an exclusive Oscar Mike skin and tell em to deal with it

The "moba" vs mode is really awful and garbage. I don't think the other one is too bad aside from how easy you can destroy structures and big characters being really garbage. At least that's how it was in the beta, Benedict or Marquis could take out any of your shields/rockets/generators in 2 from their perfect vantage point.
The robot guy and Mellka from the OP are kind of weak because the shitty terrain makes dash moves bad. Hopefully they've fixed that.

>dead P2P game goes F2P
>gets massive bump in players
>only lasts a week as the core game is still shit

it's going to be another Evolve

You're not a bird you nigger

awsum

Same, dude

Didn't 2K publish Evolve too?

I had no idea this character existed.

That's actually pretty cool

I'll give it a shot just for Orinde or whatever the Heartless-looking girl is

Yup
2k is destined to make shitty decisions and make bad games even worse

Is there a law against this?

This sounds like some sort of fraud
>scam people out of initial hype money
>set game to FTP cash shop model a few months later

There has to be some sort of lawsuit against this absolute horseshit game devs are doing

Have you heard her voice though?

Imagine an evil Tiny Tina.

She's pretty weak because her normal attack hardly does any damage and her magic attack is really telegraphed so it's easy to dodge.

Yes and?

>Is there a law against this?

Against what, changing the price of their product?

You could get called on price manipulation if you hold a dominant position in the market, and I know there's a law in the UK about if you have a product on "sale" for too long then the sale price becomes the default price, but I can't see why dropping the price of something would otherwise be illegal.

Is there even anyone that wants to play this for free?

For shits and giggles. And to make screenshots of the ui.

I hope this means more players will try it out.

>implying this will result in anything substantial, now that Paladins is a thing

They might break 10,000 concurrent players on Steam during the first week. Evolve at least had the 4v1 aspect which got people to download it and try it out. What does Battleborn have? Overwatch already exists, Paladins has already successfully taken its F2P niche. Battleborn already has so many negative connotations surrounding it.

And even if it does help a bit, that's on Steam alone. There's no way they're going F2P on consoles, if anything the announcement that the PC version is going F2P will hurt sales. If there still are any.

people said the same about evolve.
maybe people will play it for a match or 2 and go back to dota or what ever

Dumb hate symbol poster

I would've, back when it first released. Now there are just so many more games out there and none of them are half as terrible when it comes to micro-transactions.

>unregulated market
>regulations
They get away with it because video games are still seen as toys, not legitimate entertainment like movies and television.

This, going F2P only after Paladins turns into a hit only reinforces the perception of Battleborn as the petulant younger brother of the genre.

too bad it doesn't matter if it's going f2p

It's not like people weren't playing it because of the pricetag, there weren't playing it because they have some dignity and morals and play awful games made by gearbox

And we have liftoff!

This has no right to make me laugh as much as I did.

I still can't get over some of the character designs.

OvO What's this?

Paladins is so awkward to play though. I'm sure Battleborn has a more refined gameplay at the very least.

>head the size of his thumb

He's one of the few non-terrible designs, along with Phobe and maybe Rath.

Yes weve all heard the song. His statement still stands tho. I also hope your in extreme pain.

The mechanics are fine but the balance issues are ludicrous. A few characters are overpowered as anything (e.g. Ernest) and few are outright garbage (e.g. Toby) and either your team is getting raped eighty different ways or you're dominating so hard it's boring. You never get a close match.

Just post the YouTube compilation already.

I don't understand why they pushed the competition with Overwatch so hard when they're essentially both completely different games.

This. Battleborn missed its timing. The game's already obnoxious that makes most stop playing rather quickly but now having the second-hand Overwatch to compete with will kill whatever change the game ever had.

I actually really, really liked Battleborn's characters and abilities. It's just certain visual flairs that were the primary flaw to me.

You'd be surprised.
By how wrong you are.

The game looked like dogshit from the start.
If you brought Battleborn you deserve it desu.

Battleborn plays like dog shit. It somehow feels cheaper than Paladins despite being funded by large companies. It also looks terrible.

Nothing about the game is good.

>The source, speaking under condition of anonymity, said that developer Gearbox had wanted to make Battleborn free-to-play from the get-go, but publisher 2K preferred to sell it as a standard $60 retail product. The game flopped, in part thanks to a glut of hero shooters like Blizzard’s Overwatch, which launched in the same month as Battleborn.

1. Don't you jerks blame Battleborn's mediocre sales on Gearbox or Mr. Pitchford.
2. I told you this was Overwatch's fault. Blizzard has been sabotaging Battleborn from the start but you refused to listen.

It tried so hard to look unique it stopped caring about whether it looked good or not. It can be really easy to get disorientated when playing a character that does physical damage because the environments are an incoherent mess.

shame about his absolutely awful voice

Hello Games?

Go scam someone else, Randy.

This has been blizzards trade mark move for decades.
They love to rip shit off, and toss out half finished garbage in an attempt to squander whatever emerging market might be trending.

There isn't a genre they haven't perverted yet, and if there is, you can be your ass they are working on it.

This reminds me of TF2 before the F2P update, didnt they just gave you a hat for it?

FUCK OFF BOBANDY!

An issue I'm running into far too often these days, is when the visual effects get too overblown, everything blends together into a mess. Really that's one of Battleborn's greatest flaws to me. I like the gameplay, I like the characters, but it's so easy to lose track of everything from all the particle effects and lighting effects and mental stress from a chaotic environment.

Which version do you guys hear in your head when you read "I hurt myself today"?
Johnny Cash or NIN?

That implies they are responding to any of the flack they received.

What is it about Gearbox that they feel the need to literally throw everyone they work with under the bus?
It's never their fault, it's always someone else's fault for their failures. When Battleborn started to drop I said they would find a way to blame 2K for this. Look at that, they actually did it.

I'm not Randy.

>This has been blizzards trade mark move for decades.

Yet you people still support the bully instead of the victim...

Someone post the photo of the figure

>overwatch
Bethesda realized shortly after the Overwatch reveal that their BattleCry game couldn't compete with the very personality/character driven competition from Blizzard so they cancelled the game. Maybe it's being retooled right now, maybe not. At least they saved an 8 figure budget.

You're either Randy or Burch.
You're shit out of luck.

More like Mehttleborn.

... yeah, sorry, I know I'm late.

Johnny Cash.

>"glut of hero shooters"
>One game

To be honest, I don't know the name of a single character of Stillborn

Fuck you man I literally just found out Lethal Weapon 2 was on Netflix. Spoiler that shit

Cash

I can't get over some of those fucking voices:

youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o

Why does Gearbox think "annoying = funny"?

Except Battleborn is doing great on consoles because they can appreciate good games.

Going F2P will dominate the PC market which is full of cheap and easily distracted kids.

Come on, user

>his
right

Kermit

That is fucking terrible. Tiny Tina was pushing it but God dammit gearbox

Are any of the other voices nearly this bad?
This example is always posted, and despite being absolute shit I'm positive it's just been cherry-picked. The other voices can't be nearly this awful.

>byproduct of healthy free market capitalism
>illegal
Fuck off, Euroslave.

Sigh. I see the children have nothing substantial to contribute.

Stop.Typing.Right.Now.

You first, Randy.

youtube.com/watch?v=hFN8LA0BTD8

>all games with good furry characters are destined to commercially bomb

None of the others are this *grating* in terms of sound, but all the ones I've listened to were similarly annoying and try-hard in terms of accents, jokes and delivery.

Phoebe and Toby are slightly less annoying imo

Phoebe and Toby are pronounced the same right?

What word are the pictures covering up to make the word "him"?

I think the person who made this doesnt understand where it came from or it's significance. it doesn't work with "him".

>Sigh

So you're telling me there's literally no reason not to buy Battleborn for $20 on Amazon right now to get a leg up on the competition before it goes F2P and have fun in the meantime?

Thanks, ordering now.

A good number are grating (e.g. Alani and Toby) but none are quite as painful as this, but it's scientifically impossible to make something worse than this; it's like somebody made a text-to-speech program built from nails on a chalkboard.

They're all different shades of annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAVL5oKhkn4

youtube.com/watch?v=ObWgFeZ-ecA

Burden of proof is on your court.
Show me Battleborn isn't dead on consoles.

Neither of those are annoying...

They even overdid the voices. Jeez

what will they reward to players who bought the game?

You made the claim it was dead on consoles, so it's up to you to prove it.

I'll wait.

I still can't believe that this and the archer figure are real

>frogposts
>doesn't like Hurt
It's like you really do eat dog turds as a hobby.

Read the posts. You're the one who brought up consoles.

I know how you feel user. I hate these images because people don't realize it's supposed to say, "Don't forget you're here forever."

Right, Randy, your funny voices are the best.

I found myself able to tune out the visual effects and weapon models after a couple of hours easily. But i can see why they'd turn people away.

reznor's

reminds me of ermac except nowhere near as cool
youtube.com/watch?v=wVpG1V4eK1c

i'm tired of seeing birdman in these threads
his appearance is pretty good but his voice and personality are mind blowingly bad

you'll regret it user.

>beta for battleborn comes out
>only 2 million played it
>overshadowed by overwatch's 9 million
>bb comes out
>cucked by ow
>goes f2p
>poorwatch happens.
LOL
GET FUCKED GEARBOX

does battleborn have waifus?

Hey man, do you get to work from home or do you have to go into the offices to browse Cred Forums all day?

you wont get the full Battleborn experience unless you lurk this thread while playing this song

youtube.com/watch?v=_OLUwuyHkuo

For some reason i picture Shatner singing it.

Montana's is pretty bad. It's okay to admit you like shit, user.

>Imagine an evil Tiny Tina.
That only makes me harder

Sure:

youtube.com/watch?v=WD01RHzry7w

the joy of knowing they got to play the game before others

Montana's fine, but it's hard to go wrong with Patrick Warburton.

Reyna is just a generic sassy Black woman, nothing else to add.

A 10% discount for the original borderlands.

>slicing also dicing
Kek

Phoebe's aight.

>tfw the game would be still dead as fuck due to instability

That's Warburton? I've literally only ever heard him do the one voice he always does while doing VA work. Kinda weird to think that this is the same guy who does Brock Samson.

Phobe is the one female character design that didn't go out of its way to be ugly one way or another.

No, it's not him. Warburton's voice is lower.

But anyone who would Play Battleborn already bought the game and regret it.

Is Montana voiced by the same guy who voiced Crank in Emperors New Groove?

Looking it up it's actually Ian Sinclair, but it does sound like Warburton.

That's what you get for opting to ugly western sjw shemales rather than animu waifus

"Don't forget, you're hime forever"
I wish

>"Hey, you know how Valve has that minigun guy whose hands are as big as his head?"
>"Yeah. What's your point, Anthony?"
>"What if we make a minigun guy whose hands are TWICE as big as his head?"

>goes f2p
>huge spike in traffic
>a month later
>goes back to the same 13 idiots that kept playing it before f2p

>what if we make the entire artstyle inconsistent as fuck and then call it a new artstyle on purpose
>Epic!

It'll probably have a few thousand third-world shitstains who can't afford real games playing it religiously on their toasters, but that's about it.

>Epic!

Don't you mean BADASS!?

PIN HEAAAAAAAAAAAD

>"you're hime forever"
That sounds pretty cute

>said the art director to Randy
Let's put that on the back of the box!

Idk why they decided they needed Krillin to voice a bird.

>that guy on the left

wow hey guys

Why do we subject our boys to such unrealistic body standards? This character is problematic!
satire

>my dad on the left

You sound as easy to trigger as Tumblr then.

youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

Quick, someone post this on /tg/

That no picklepee

>the people who made this are the ones complaining about unrealistic portrayals of women

I'm lost, why do you make threads for this game? To laugh at the corpse or are some of you genuinely interested?

I want auldwolf's reaction to this news.

twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/781630229299142656

'I was just told about a reckless story about Battleborn going F2P that is false. There are no plans to convert Battleborn free to play.'

>All these people ITT that believed Kuntaku

I SHIG

I SHIGGY SHIG SHIG

I SHIGGY SHIG SHIGGY SHIGGY SHIG SHIG DIGGY DIG SHIG DIG DIG

That's some serious Sader levels of quality.

/thread
Everybody go home.

>Don't forget you're hime forever

>literally the only people who play Battlecuck are faggots

homosexuality should be outlawed again and gays/furries should be banned from Cred Forums and forced to post in cm/hm/lgbt/trash

Going to play this more than Paladins probably. I really liked the game, it was just too expensive, the itemization needed work, and the UI was garbage. The concept was fine though, and it's the most first person + moba of this new crop of games (Smite, Paragon, Paladins, Overwatch, etc).

The short co-op missions were really neat. It's less complex than Warframe, which I appreciate, because everyone complains whenever I play that game and I don't know why.

>HOBBY GRADE
>HOBBY GRADE

God Yoshi is cute

>randy is getting his comeuppance

hope memelands 3 gets the same treatment

It was also innacurate as fuck.

LoL and Dota2 both have good husbandos.
Winston is husbando material too.

fucking delete this
racism is against the global rules

I WILL LET METACRITIC DOWN
I WILL MAKE YOUR WALLET HURT

Good luck with that.

Is no one going to mention that the game has a Season Pass and therefore Gearbox is FORCED to make extra DLCs even if they evidently don't really want to work on their poor excuse of a game anymore?

They're not forced to release anything quality or substantial, just release a recolor of one of the characters.

>A compulsive liar would never lie!

Likewise, I can still sustain my superior complex much easier if I steer clear of sites like Kotaku

>Not a bald eagle

JOHNNY CASH VERSION IS BEST VERSION JOHNNY CASH VERSION IS BEST VERSION JOHNNY CASH VERSION IS BEST VERSION

youtube.com/watch?v=T5wtKsD_cl4

EVERYONE I KNOW
DIDN'T BUY MY GAME

ALWAYS BET ON RANDY!

That's been their MO since the original dev teams all fucking left after Diablo 2's expansion and left a bunch of moderately competant rookies in charge, who had success despite using a script for a game ol' Blizz deemed too shitty to put out years earlier.

Gearbox is pretty crap too but Blizzard's also the company that consulted the very people who caused SoE to put out 3-8 expansions a year for Everquest because of their incessant bitching on how to handle the end game for mixed results in WoW's handling of end game.

SO HERE I AM

See Evolve

When I first say the posts about the guy on the left, I was all like
>it's not that bad. I kinda like the faceless head and horns thing.
Then I noticed that was his neck and what I thought was a helmet was his actual face. Jesus fucking christ.

looks like a league of legends hero

when will they pay for stealing sega's money

ah so thats why it flopped

YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL (for free)

Kerberos Interactive with SotS 2
>Oops, we accidentally uploaded an alpha build as the release, we'll get that sorted out
>Oops, some joker deleted the final build of the game, we'll get that redone asap
>"that's not a bug, it's a feature" x 100
Crowning achievement:
>most players are not intelligent enough to understand out game concepts, so they think it isn't working as intended

>We're

Does he even work there

This website has been rotten ever since Something Awful had their furpocalypse and all the degenerates came here.

> Pitchford having a lunatic meltdown on twitter

As far as I'm concerned, Kotaku's justified it's continued existence post-Gawker, just from the entertainment I'm getting right now.

So it'll be Paladins v2?

>Trump supporter
>not picking up on common jokes

Typical

>Overwatch has multiple women of color
>Manages to not be in your face about how PROGRESSIVE they are
Just make them good characters, and not have their only trait that they are "women of color".

I also find it hilarious that the most "alternative" characters in OW (Sym, Zarya) are intolerant as fuck.

Warframe is piss easy to play, just mash meele and shoot shit, only time people will bitch is when you play something like limbo and are a retard with him

Why do you say that like it's an achievement?
Not being a complete piece of shit should be the norm.

youtube.com/watch?v=aKxlVd_wdZc

haha

where does this meme come from
Did someone on Twitter call pepe a racist cartoon?

Jesus Christ this makes me want to vomit.

The white race needs to be eliminated.

He left.
But apparently he did work on BB

Have you been living under a rock?

The Anti-Defamation League recently declared Pepe a hate symbol.

I don't follow politics

This is the one time I'll be amused by Schreier's smugness

Burch receives a lot of heat mostly because he can't shut his fucking mouth but I asure you Gearbox has plenty of "writers" as bad as him.

How? He shits on wojack all day, a stark white fucker.

Hell moon man fits the bill perfectly, why not target him?.

This reaks of "old fuck that hates hip things"

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

Because sometimes he's in a Nazi uniform.

Can't have that, now can we?

looks like the No Man's Sky guy

Holy fuck how could I miss this? This is a fucking goldmine.
>Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists: an explainer

Let me know exactly when Paladins becomes a hit.

For two reasons.
1. Trump versions of him became popular recently
2. Because Hillary called him a symbol of white supremacy out of paranoia

Pepe has been in nazi uniform mock ups for years and no one cared then.

Seriously fuck Randy. He's a sociopathic liar. He denies whatever he said in the past (even minutes ago) in order to get away with whatever he needs to in the current moment.
Honestly, I think he's worse than Sean Murray. Sean flew too close to the sun, but Randy only cares about "winning" arguments or denying his "lies" in the current moment.
Seriously look how "progressive" he is!

This isn't that funny, why am I laughing somhard?

>I told you this was Overwatch's fault. Blizzard has been sabotaging Battleborn from the start but you refused to listen

HAHAHA

THIS IS WHAT BATTLEKEKS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

The absolute madman

The movie was still mediocre as hell, though

Game is constantly on sale two weeks after release on any platform in range from 5-10€. And those who bought on launch are happy "to get new players". It's so pathetic it's funny.

first post worst post

>but his voice and personality are mind blowingly bad

link? I need a reason to let go

>I'm sure Battleborn has a more refined gameplay

>That spew of modern market-analysis buzzwords.
I haet it.

I have old frames from when the game first came out and have no idea how they work, or which planets to go to.

What I liked about Battleborn is you had these online multiplayer game missions without all the investment that typically comes along with them. The only other game I've seen to do that so far is Master X Master, but it's not out yet.

I stopped playing TF2 around when hats became popular. Is Paladins an alright class-based shooter to scratch the itch?

Oh gosh there's a collectors edition with a figure in it at an eb games nearby marked way the fuck down.

This makes me want to buy it.

battleborn has no waifus. prove me wrong

Orendi is cute!

it would've been fine if he didn't sound like some backwoods hick

Play Overwatch and stop being a Slavshit who can't afford to buy games.

If you aren't a third worlder or an underage there is absolutely no fucking reason to play Paladins over Overwatch.

I dunno why it wasn't f2p in the first place. That seems like the standard practice for mobas.

THIN YOUR PAINTS

>Don't play other games goyim, buy Overwatch!

Because he's primarily used by reddit shitposters for the alt right movement. Just because something started as one thing doesn't mean it can't become a symbol of something else.

The swastika was once a symbol of peace. Now it's a symbol of fascism.

Why's she always so smug though?

I will NEVER get Cred Forums's obsession with battleborn

Would you not be smug if you looked like that?

Making fun of and torturing the retarded literally never gets old

It will probably be "F2P" in the same way SWTOR is, basically playing without paying money is annoying and time-consuming but possible.

>He's a sociopathic liar. He denies whatever he said in the past (even minutes ago) in order to get away with whatever he needs to in the current moment.
What's wrong with that? That makes him smart.

It makes you look silly, actually. You put way more value on the game than it ever had.

You're only smart if you don't get caught.

>Colonial Marines
>Duke Nukem Forever
>Made lel so randum humour popular with Borderlands 2
>Removed Megaton Edition from stores in order to sell a """""new""""" version without the expansions for double the price and make Duke say Bazinga
>Randy is an asshole
>Burch is a joke
After all this watching Gearbox suffering is really refreshing, Schadenfreude at it's finest.

That makes you smart if you're good at lying.

If you're bad at lying, it just makes you look like a tool.

Third-worlder spotted.

>wrong game
>wrong writer
>wrong VA
It hurts.

>Caw Caw has been the codeword for gtfo in my circle of jerks
> still rockin my virgin asshole to this day

steamcommunity.com/app/394230/discussions/0/343787920119101311/

L M F A O

Look at all these delusional cucks.

Excepting the tens of millions spent on it

When you try to act like a barely advertised game no one cared about is "LE BLUNDER OF CENTURY" you look like an idiot, is all. The game wasn't very hyped or advertised and released.

Shit like no man's sky or TOR make sense. They were very anticipated and a big deal. This was not.

That's below average for a video game. Average is around 100 mil, more than a hollywood block buster.

>Kotaku
>Jason Schreier

This is a real ironic post considering we are on /vol/ and all

I'm really tired of seeing this trend of random "MOBA style" characters.

SAUCE

This
Cred Forums may have a lot of shit, but compared to other gaming websites, this place (when shitposters are away) can analyze, deduce, and criticize game/game footage

It was a big deal to Gearbox, who still tries its hardest to be big deal in the market. Thats what makes it hilarious in the first place. Randy Pitchfords delusion that Gearbox has some massive fanbase and they're a big name in the gaming industry.

Who?

>mfw looking at his twitter

He needs to take a step back from the internet if he gets this upset and goes on these hour long arguments against people. It's like he doesn't realize that people are intentionally trying to piss him off and he takes the bait every time.

I turned myself in to Chris Hanson after seeing this...I just can't stop fapping to loli 20-something sorceresses.

The simple fact that Benedict has a voice at all is pretty fucking terrible. It could've been random hawk/eagle screeches and it would've been far better and actually humorous.

>It's a big deal to its creators
And digital homicide thinks its games are a big deal as well. They aren't.

If this keeps up, he'll have enough material to sell his new album.

Him going at Jason is fun to watch. Pathological liar vs pathological liar, a great matchup.

Cant find the sorceress in loli form but

They should have made this F2P or like $15, and just sold extra co-op missions as DLC, give everyone the base 15-20 champions, and make the rest of them unlockable with money, achievements, or in-game currency. Add some skins, some extreme 16 man raids, and we're cooking with gas.

I hate that I laughed at this.

and

>didn't go out of its way to be ugly
>still ugly
well, you tried i guess

I hope Gearbox dies next.

w e w

Except this was supposed to be a big online shooter, with updates along the way. When your game's retail price drops to $20 a month after launch with only an average of 300 players a day, you know you fucked up.

2k won't allow it.
Borderlands is their cash cow IP.

>YOU'LL NEVER HIT ME! YOU'LL NEVER HIT MY TINY HEAD, IT'S SO TINY, I GOT SUCH A TINY HEAD!

Just go wherever, look for objectives, do em. Also old frames are fine, grind for the prime versions if you want, and just ask global for help.

oh boy, can't wait to play a game with classic lines like "FEMINISM IS AWESOME!"

So any'all going to try it out then?

Is it supposed to be bad or just not worth buying

b-but irony

>they made this shit with money stolen from Sega

Reminder that there are 306 players ingame at the moment

It's shit, just play another character on Borderlands for a better experience.

Didn't they blow all of that money on QUALITY Marines and Bordermemes 2, though?

Threadly reminder Gearbox community is made of SJWs:

forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/character-aesthetics-pushing-it-further/1494445

Whatever delusion you wanna have m8. The game was a fairly minor release with no hype that no one talked about but people in overwatch threads.

I'm not alt right so this doesn't matter to me.

Battleborn is really an embarrassment. And I say this as someone who has never even played Overwatch.

Who at [Game Studio] thought Battleborn would sell? It looks hideous, all the character designs are awful, the dialogue is cringe inducing, and it released alongside a far more appealing TF2 clone.
Did they make this game as a joke? Is Battleborn the Wimp Lo of video games?

Well Battleborn is their highest budget game, they said it took more than BL 1 and 2.

>no porn of Zenyatta shoving his orbs up Toby's ass

Gearbox wanted a new IP to be known for.
All they have is Brothers in Arms, a WW2 FPS that no one remembers, and Borderlands.

Its another proof that games designed to cater to SJWs fail financially.

I can believe that of BL1 since it was mostly just a not very large sandbox and a handful of enemy designs.

If I were Gearbox, personally, I would have made a good IP, rather than a bad one. Although I've never run a company, so I can't really speak for them.

This is literally hold the fuck up-the character

Someone shop his head to be even smaller

It's because it was a big bomb for Gearbox, who has probably been more scummy than EA of all companies within the past 5 years. Karma got back to Gearbox and Cred Forums is rolling in it.

>Randy expected people to fap to this

Who's to say what a good IP really is at the beginning.
Battleborn was too experiemental and too big of a risk to take in their current situation.

>Who's to say what a good IP really is
The players
Of which battleborn has none

Probably because Randy himself regularly masturbates to images of freaky frankenstein monsters with slowly melting faces.

gross, a homestuck joke

If your IP is designed to please Tumblr while your characters say stuff like "Feminism is Awesome!", you can be pretty sure the IP is not going to do very well.

Why is she so ugly? Why are most of them SO FUCKING UGLY.

The only passable ones are the bird, the dapper robot and the ninja mushroom.

>>/vp/28821388

Here's your thread.

>Battleborn vs Anthony Burch
Quick Cred Forums which is more pathetic?

Batthony Bornch

>Running thru the 6
>Notice your bulge
This is the best thing I found on Google Images when searching for "Drake Rapper Furry"

Anthony Burch since he poisons everything he touches.

>make a monk girl
>girve her a lel quirky teenage girl personality

Burch of course. Part of the reason Battleborn is a failure is because Burch worked on it.

Can't believe Gearbox made the Half-Life expansions and Brothers in Arms. How did it come to this?

I almost brought this over Overwatch.

Really dodged a bullet.

I'm still convinced that an actual Gearbox employee wrote this.

Mikey had a stroke, Anthony Burch and perhaps Randy himself took a bigger part in the writing and creative development of the games.

more like decided not to play in traffic

>not following Gematsu and AllGamesDelta on Twitter instead
inb4 >using Twitter

It's been like 6 hours since you posted, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget you're an absolute retard.

Minus the 'literally' thing that's not something I would mind in some games to be totally honest

Is that from an actual game? It sounds familiar.

bet this image was made by the battleborn social media team

>Stereotypical sassy black womyn
so progressive

LOTS OF SHOUTING IS FUNNY

thanks for another (You)

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

ok davesprite

>this damage control
Holy shit.

I've played both Paladins is much better.

Oh look, it's that one furfag poster who is the only person in the world more pathetic than Anthony Burch.

>somebody somewhere was really excited for this and thought it would become the next big thing

back to Tumbl with you faglord

The level design in Battleborn is some of the worst I've ever seen.

That guy got a little too far into the Tzeentch worship

>that "gamergate song" live-performance

why didn't anyone stop him?

They'll just shit out BL3 if they really start running into trouble.

So...when can I download

There's a LITERAL PENGUIN OF D00M in this game, fuck it and fuck you for thinking these dredges are remotely acceptable.

apparently shes like 7

we're never getting that new Duke Nukem game.

Ahaha his head is so small!

Everyone point and laugh!

His armor is just big when he takes it off he has a normal sized head

B-B-B-B-BUT it's OK if Blizzard does it!

yeah because when they did it it didn't look like shit

This was a different company when Duke Nukem Forever was released.

It might be the helmet but his head isn't actually that disproportionate, if the skins are considered canon in any way.

if there's one single worst thing about gearbox, then it's them thinking that "YEAH, LET'S SCREAM ALL THE TIME, BECAUSE SO RANDUM. YEEEEEAH BAADAAAAASSSS" is somehow funny

Reinhardt doesn't look as stupid.

There is a limit of the ratio and they passed it by making it too much and now it just looks extremely stupid.

His no-helmet-skin's head doesn't fit inside this helmet though

Reinhardt's real head is just as small as montana's

who cares?
tbqhonest fampain, who?

Hopefully the playerbase goes up some as a result. They'll give the people who bought it some dumb bullshit item and title, but I don't care, I just wanna play the game without waiting a long time for a match.

>Gearbox also plans to publish a remastered version of Bulletstorm for current-gen consoles,
Neat.

>doesnt realize reinhardt in present time is so old they just put his senile old brain into a robot chasis

As far as blatant TF2 clones go, I prefer the one that's actually free to play, like TF2 is.

But Battleborn isn't a TF2 clone, it's a fucking MOBA.

I'm not exaggerating either, it plays like a MOBA.

Oh, I see.

So unlike every other fucking MOBA, it's not free to play. I suppose my point still stands.

I believe taking a free2play model for the game will make those stupid Jews more money than expecting people to pay for it. Goys like cosmetics in their ASSFAGGOTS

Whatever lets you sleep at night, user

It plays like a moba yet tried to directly compete with fucking Overwatch and was marketed as a game in a similar vein to it.

Basically, Randy is fucking retarded and the entire marketing department for Gearbox should be fired.

Is that Brianna Wu (him) in the bottom right?

Your point about it not being free does stand, yes.

According to the 'source' from the article, 2K insisted that Battleborn be a full 60 dollar release, but Gearbox wanted it to be free to play.

And you're right, free to play would have made a lot more money.

I came into this game without much experience in the genre and I had a lot more fun than I thought I would.

>tfw dropping mortar strikes on the enemy team to make the final push

But yes, there is literally no reason for Battleborn to exist any more.

I hated this game and company before team fortress blizzard edition, but my 4-5 friends wanted to try it and we did, we kept saying "Dont get cucked!" and other shit making fun of the game while we played it.
The Beta was fun as much as I wanted to despise this game. It was just a first person Moba and I was okay with that.
You don't die super fast and level up and shit along with the rest of the shit. It had more to offer then overcuck.
Yet due to majority of my buds being normies they picked up overcuck and bought me a copy since I refused to spend money a game that had so little content.

I cant wait to play this once it's free with my faggot friends.

At least with TOR when you sub just 1 month and cancel, you get all expansion content up until the stuff available at the time of your sub forever.

Quality post

I won't disagree with that, man. Whoever thought that tweet was a good idea needs to be barred from the video game industry forever.

And Randy needs to fuck off to Siberia or something so no one ever sees him again. I think even Gearbox fans hate that shithead.

Gearbox doesn't have a Gearbox fanbase, they have a Borderlands fanbase.

True. Got a friend who's a massive Borderlands fan, mainly for Borderlands 2. He and I do agree that Pre-Sequel is awful, though.

At least tf2 had been out for a very long time before the shift to f2p

I TRIED SO HARD

>There isn't a genre they haven't perverted yet, and if there is, you can be your ass they are working on it

Blizzard fighting game when? We need Sylvanas dickpunching Anduin.

AND GOT SO FAR (not really)

because everyone wants to see him hoisted by his own petard picard

Remember , BL2 was called redditlands 2 on here, and not even reddit likes this game

IM STANDING ON THE STAGE

OF FEAR AND SELF DOUBT

Cool design.

>tfw im not anthony burch

>Jason Schreier still hasn't been sued out of existence for directly slandering someone by calling them a pedophile and peddler of child porn

Triggered?

Not going to lie, as much as this game sucks, I would still fuck the edgy knightess

wu lad

I wanted to fuck robot Egyptian, but I want to see what her alien/human skin was.

On closer inspection, Ambra isn't a robot, she's wearing some kind of second skin.

Is that Izma?
I love that movie.

why is every single character an overdesigned piece of shit?

>Then I noticed that was his neck and what I thought was a helmet was his actual face. Jesus fucking christ.

Do you guys not appreciate quality character design?
Like, this guy and the small headed dude are unique and one of a kind. You don't see characters with those kind of traits to them. Quite frankly, you gamers just want to see the same sexy bimbo 20 times over before a quality design. It baffles my mind. Sorry we didn't make another Master Chief.

>neck
Whoa guys...

Holy fuck top kek

Every character in Borderlands talks like that.

is this a shop?

>the entire marketing department for Gearbox should be fired.
I never saw a single ad for Battleborn and only hear about it in threads like these.

they had a stream yesterday with barely 500 ppl watching and you could shit in the chat without reactions

kek

youtu.be/1KKUUgoV3JA?t=1m34s

They are one of the worst publishers, just under EA, Ubisoft, and WB. Every single one of their games is filled with microtransactions and can only keep respect from Rockstar. The shark cards are really, really bad.

>Cyberpunk Yzma
When will gearbox learn to design characters?

>tfw he can never pick his nose

someone post that official battleborn tournament that had only 1 team show up and won by default

So that is where the Niche faggot GamesGoodMeGood gets his avatar from.

I know most of your people are just hating on BB because it's the cool thing to do, I mean I've done it several times too.

But BB actually has a campaign, and it has character progression, so there's some motivation to play it over OW since OW only has 1 game mode and it got boring after a month, and paladins has a horrible microtransactions model typical from hi rez with ugly characters and shitty card system.

I agree in the thought that no one is gonna bother downloading 10gb or whatever is the size of their client, but I will (unless they lock the campaign shit behind a paywall).

My bad, 2K and Rockstar are sister companies owned by Take-Two Interactive. Still, 2K is not very good.

Way too late for that, especially since Paladins exists and is a far better game in every regard than that trash. Fuck Gearbox hope they shut down and take their shitty meme dad humor elsewhere.

We call that "Fighting Game Character" design philosophy, multinational but still have something that brings flair to their character.

Meanwhile from first impressions with BB's cast, I can't tell what their movesets and playstyles are like from first glance.

Thats so sad, but at the same time ingenous

nigger

>Gearbox will die in your lifetime

>Gearbox will die before ever releasing Brothers in Arms 4

>We will never find out what happened to Baker and his squad at the Battle of the Bulge in Bastogne

>just hating on BB because it's the cool thing to do
You keep telling yourself that
>But BB actually has a campaign
Which consists of walking from point A to point B listening to poorly written dialogue and shooting adds for eight levels
> it has character progression, so there's some motivation to play it
No, it has a system that favors people who have played the game for greater amounts of time, making it even less accessible to the people who weren't already turned away by the price tag
>OW only has 1 game mode and it got boring after a month
It has at least two, Payload and KotH, and at least it wasn't boring from the beginning
>ugly characters
Funny coming from somebody defending battleborn

>since OW only has 1 game mode and it got boring after a month
There's your problem, with BB you got zero motivation to play it, just look at the numbers of people who bought it, be it pre-ordered/bought the season pass/got it from humble bundle. None of those faggots play anymore, do you know why? the game is bad and it cant keep people interested.

While I have to agree, with these feels, would you really like "modern gearbox" to make the sequel?

Think about it real good

It's so bad, head probably tinier than his ball sack.

Very true. its one of those series that was so good back in the day that its best to let it rest.

I mean, fuck, remember that stunt they tried to pull with BIA: Furious 4? That shitty inglorious basterds ripoff?

youtube.com/watch?v=UAJzgLdevoA

Thank fuck that never took off

Jesus fucking Christ, I never knew about this but thank fuck that never took off

>cliche characters all around the place
>those graphics even in a "cinematic trailer"
>that blatant ripoffing

I think Gearbox does deserve to die

>being this new

>BB thread
>I come here because I actually want to play it
>you come here to point and laugh
so cool you spend all day going to threads about games you hate and have no interest in playing, just to disect posts and green text everything to do a poor counter argument, still not giving a fuck about the game at all.

I get you people expect every game to be TF2 or DOTA 2, to be completly free, with constant updates and give you 5000 hours of entertainment, but most games you just play them 20-50 hours and that's it, you got what you paid for. I'm gonna play the campaign for free and that's it, if the mp is good that's a freebie for me, if it's not whatever I didn't pay anything.

Again it's funny how I simply agree with everything you guys say, but you can't accept someone has legit interest in a game and have to shitpost and force your memes somehow.

I'm actually kind of interested. I didn't want to pay a cent for it, but I'll give a try

>I'm gonna play the campaign for free and that's it
Most people did that, ergo why the playerbase is dead, that or the game was bad.

He has a stupid southern accent and is completely full of himself. Let him go, user.

The enthralling Battleborn campaign.

>wants to play a game that's been well documented as shit
>gets mad when people make fun of him for it

>What Trump voters actually believe

I... I don't think there's anyone who'll ask for that

Is this.............. the power........... of neo/v/...............whao

I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAAAAR

Th-that no... pump-a-rum... That no pickle-pee!

ive played over 350 hours of this game, it's my favorite competitive team-based/trope shooter/ whatever the fuck you wanna call it. ive also sunk about 40 hours into both overwatch and paladins at this point. its still a WAY better game than both, with a higher skill ceiling, and the devs have WEEKLY addressed issued directly with the community, constantly fixed bugs and addressed complaints, and the helix system gives it a better foundation for play. its not a fucking straight up pixar-shader clone of tf2 like ratherwatch (and it doesnt have a cuck-or-korean fanbase), and its an entirely different genre than paladins. if it goes f2p, i will literally never play it again - because i'll have to deal with the faggots who've never played it but decided they wanted to bandwagon a cuck opinion that blizzard employees spread through Cred Forums.

Yes, and it's free and kinda small, 3 gigs with the newest update I think? So try it for yourself

how come the thread continued after this post

So your arguments are:
>Buzzword
>The devs do what devs do
>I love grinding
>Overwatch sux >:(

>those feet

O I am laughing

hi DMG

bad games are going f2p, first battleborn, then...

my arguments are:
>fuck off blizzcuck employee
>the game is fun
>i love when im not sinking hours into a watered down tf2 clone (overwatch) since ive played like 1000 hours of tf2 over the past 8 years
>supporting activisionblizzard is not only a true cuckolds dream, but the antithesis to what Cred Forums has always stood for you shill

>NO MANS SKY

Who will Randy blame for Battleborn's failure?
Who will he scam to fund Borderlands 3?

Nope, you got a badge. IIRC the hat was for not exploiting achievement servers to get unlocks since back in the day new weapons were tied.to achievements

Anyone have that pic where the remaining players were making a pact with each other to throw games so they wouldn't scare new people off?

ill make one, gimme like 10 minutes and i'll pm it to your departments slack channel - which of the 15k blizzcuck employees are you?

I fucking love how Eevie is fun to play, my loadout even called magical girl

>Randy trying to defend his shitty game on Twitter

which is more likely

>blizzard employees are posting on Cred Forums, making countless threads and posts in a big conspiracy to ruin battleborn

or

>battleborn bombed because it's bad and Cred Forums hates gearbox so they shit on it wtih glee

Think hard, now.

>The lack of Orendi feet images

It's the only way to save it tbqph fambams

The best thing about all this has been seeing Randy get more triggered each day.

Listen to Orendi's voice, teste crusher. There is nothing sexy about that.

15,000 employees at activisonblizzard who all expect to make a salary.
a company known for siphoning money out of korea using starcraft.
a company thats cucked its fans by charging them $15 a month for over 10 years to play its skinner box simulator.
a company that bought MLG months before dropping it's """e-sports""" tf2 clone.
hmm, yeah i thought real hard - are you salary or hourly you cuck piece of shit.

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

You can't be serious.

>someone doesn't like my game, they must be a paid shill

>That shitty low res texture on her tattoos.
You are right. Now I want pics of Orendi wearing a ball gag

Randy, Randy. Calm down, see a therapist and work on your problems. You win some, you lose some.

to be fair pepe was originally supposed to be "le happy frog feels good man XD"

autism

That was the halo, but they also gave out a little WWI helmet called "Proof of Purchase"

I'm looking at this every possible way. no way that head fits in that tiny helmet. no way he has a fucking turtle neck that slides up into his turtle neck sweater. what the fuck

I seriously don't know what is bait anymore

battlekeks actually think Cred Forums was the reason their kek game failed or something?

it's so easy to commandeer Cred Forums you cucks, a quarter of this boards daily users dont use english well enough to frequently post. it takes about 10 people with ~5 free hours per day to steer this whole boards opinion on something if you sow your seeds right. you blizzcucks dont want to lose your jobs - fair enough - but understand that it's not 'impressive' to steer this board. especially since """""game journalism""""" is pretty much just a bunch of deskjob fags browsing Cred Forums and reddit for """news""" anymore. let me help you respond with some 'lel, 2 smug 4 you replies'

Remember when his LUE account got posted and he called people fags all the time on that fucking board?

Dead serious here. Do you actually believe that? That a game can't just fail because people didn't enjoy it? Is it inconceivable to say the game is rapidly failing without it being someone else's fault?

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

>What does Battleborn have?
The only thing it has left is the PvE aspect.
But if they focus too hard on that it'd basically just raise the question "Why not make more Borderlands?"
Granted, I'd love to see them try something new, but you know how hard it is to turn away free money.

It's hard not to wonder "Why not make more Borderlands?" when everything they make is Borderlands-flavored.

Seriously, if they just fired their fucking shit writers or kept them only on Borderlands, maybe everything else wouldn't seem like "Borderlands but ___".

why did I laugh?

Wait THAT'S her voice? I thought she was some pirate or something based off of her design, but she just sounds like a sassy black chick.

I'm sure the design document for her was just sassy black chick.

HAHA! :)
Hilarious joke, The toppest Keks to you, my sir!
I expect nothing less from my Cred Forums-ros here on Fourchan! :D Truely Eric!!

I dont get it. He goes on to deny the article then practically confirms it is going f2p in the next post.

But can't you see user? It's different! It's just a trial! You still need to buy the game to play in higher levels! :^)

But then you wouldn't be able to make people rage quit by obliterating them with insane burst damage then letting the game do all the shit-talking for you.

I honestly love Benedict. His toolkit is so fun and he's such a gigantic cunt it's unbelievable, it's a shame he's stuck in a mediocre game like Battleborn.

FUCK YOU Cred Forums YOU SINGLE HANEDLY KILLED THE BEST GAME THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN, IT WAS A LITERAL WORK OF ART AND YOU KILLED IT FOR FUN
I FUCKING HATE THIS PLACE

To see if I still feel.

>oh ok, ill give it a try, nothing comes out for a couple months
>wont be ftp for a couple months
>when everything gets released for nov and xmas
>battleborn is trying to compete with real games again

I can kind of believe it, because I'm pretty sure it has a free to play structure to its unlock system

The whole you gotta unlock the characters bullshit threw me off getting it in the first place

please be real

>clitoris head
God damn it I hate the designs of this game. It doesn't help either that this fucker sounds exactly like I expect him to: annoying as fuck. Jesus his voice is obnoxious.
youtube.com/watch?v=ObWgFeZ-ecA

>Cred Forums killed Battleborn
But i thought it was Blizzards CLEARLY malicious anti-marketing campaign that killed it

To see if I still feel.

Garbage optimisation and 'graphixxxx' which make performance even worse, plus horrible community and blatant casualisation.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending paladins(which is a chinese bootleg overwatch), I'm just saying overwatch is fucking awful.

t. assblasted overwatch owner

Dude, are you being serious? Overwatch is the most optimized in terms of graphics because even my lapotato can run it smoothly. I couldn't even get a freaking 10 fps on Battleborn. Haven't tried Paladins but why should I?

Reinhardt got a power armour, minigun guy in Battleborn is just retardo. Overall Overwatch blows Battleborn out of the water in design.

Jesus fucking christ.

>Battleborn was too experiemental
Absolutely everything in BB has been done -better- before. And some of the things in it have even been done by the company that made it before.

Paladins is better optimized than Overwatch is but less demanding too I guess. Honestly I think Paladins is a much more enjoyable game than Overwatch is. Paladins may be really lacking in polish but it makes up for it by being actually fun to play whereas Overwatch is really pretty and well put together, but incredibly sterile.

And you helped them out! ALL THE FANS KNOW THIS
YOU GAVE IT A SCORE OF 0 ON METACRITIC AND JUST RUINED GEARBOX ONE OF THE MOST PROMINENT AND CREATIVE COMPANIES OUT THERE
I HATE THIS SHITHOLE FUCK PARAGON, FUCK OVERWATCH, FUCK Cred Forums AND FUCK YOU

BATTLEBORN WILL PREVAIL I PROMISE
THERE HAS TO BE SOME JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD

The one thing I've noticed in Paladins that I haven't seen anywhere else is that fucking everyone is just bad.
Maybe it's a matchmaking thing and I haven't played enough yet, but I didn't expect how bad people would be after the forced bot matches.
It's not even just "I keep losing 'cause my team is bad", I've been winning every match so far because literally everyone in the match on both teams is a drooling retard and I can just carry as anyone.
It feels like playing against living punching bags for all the difficulty I've been having and I've been loving every minute of it.

preach on, my brother, in 10 years...

Why would I play paladins when I own Overwatch? The game is a plain out steal. Smite was atleast somewhat creative but this is fuckin Overwatch F2P version. Blizzard should buy em. Hi-rez.