What Fallout 4 did wrong

What Fallout 4 did wrong

Similar to the thread from last night guys, except what they did wrong.

And please, actual post criticisms.

>muh NV
>muh bethesda

Yes we get it. Bethesda is a screw up. NV is better. But explain WHY. You can compare to NV but actually post what you are comparing.

I'll start. Only going to post one this time, because I'm sure other people can explain the other failings in greater detail.

>grenades

Why the fuck couldn't I use grenades in VATS anymore? Idiotic.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1597/?
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=VeD8USz_jVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The map navigation sucked when it came to vertical navigation of complex areas

>nv
>better
nv had better writing and weapon veriety, thats literally it. that game was so poorly designed and boring it almost forces you to fast travel and had 0 replay value

The voiced actor really fucked over the dialogue. They axed skill checks because it was just that many more dialogue lines they had to record. It also sounded goofy as fuck when you actual hear the humor in Fallout because you could at least improvise the delivery in your mind to get a sensible chuckle out of something clever. When the protag says literally anything sarcastic, he does it in this really over the top manner that just isn't funny.

But I honestly couldn't expect them to drop voiced protag for Fallout 5, it just feels like a thing people would expect of them now

>Play female character
>Do sarcastic lines constantly
>They sound cringy and unfunny
Why is this happening?!

i donno, bethesda is good at listening to criticism so i doubt they will stick with the dialogue system and voiced porotag since even normies could see its faults. they problem is they will find 10 new ways to fuck everything up and casualize it further

The only thing i hate in fallout 4 is only stupid as fuck settlers AI.

other than that, its a good game.

>bethesda is good at listening to criticism

ye fookin wot m8

I've said this in previous threads, but the worst part of fallout 4 for me was the Mr. Handy you can take with you.

>small af pip boy screen thats hard to read unless you put brightness up really high
>only anti aliasing options are fxaa or taa which are both shit

>Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
>10 ending slides, 9 of which are variable

>Fallout 2
>20 ending slides, 13 of which are variable

>Fallout: New Vegas
>30 ending slides, 28 of which are variable

>Fallout 4
>5 ending slides, 1 of which is variable

My one complaint is that fallout 4 wouldn't run on my toaster while NV would BARELY run on my toaster.

a lot of the "sarcastic" options aren't even sarcasm, they're just bad jokes
The worst thing about the dialogue system to me is that you need a mod just so you know what the hell your character is going to say when you pick each dialogue option

Is to fucking easy even in survival

Its an enjoyable game, its just not a good Fallout game, I don't really know what it is, the ambient is there, but there is definitely something lacking compared to previous titles, the voiced protagonist doesn't help either, at least pick someone that doesn't sound like a gigantic feminist faggot, the combat system is miles above anything Bethesda has ever released so that's good news at least, maybe they will get down the melee combat for TES6, by the way, this mod massively improved my gameplay experience and I recommend everyone to download it. nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1597/?

oh no they did the bioware style pick one thing say another dialogue system? I fucking HATE that.

It came out same year as Witcher 3. I got used to a shit load of hand crafted content and then jumped into what should have been an immersive wasteland but turned out to be nothing but radiant quests. Felt like every quest was the same. Way too many settlements, should have been just 1,2 or maybe even 3 unique settlements that you can build with unique buildings. Each settlement maybe could have attracted its own different named NPCs who brought different benefits. Make it feel like I am actually building a strong hold for my companions and friends to come to.

Just make the pip boy colors white, it will make it readable and turns it into a decent flashlight. Still that's the only way to make readable.

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1597/?

that video almost killed me

No, it just shows of the general idea, the problem is, the protagonists always ends up rewording the text like a tremendous faggot no matter what he says, so you need to be careful with what you choose.

>voiced protag
>dialog wheel
>splendidly pants on head retarded story with more holes in it than a colander
>daring to call it an RPG when it has zero role playing elements. None, zilch
>ability to acquire god items immediately

Yeah the video isn't a good example, the guy sounds mongolic as fuck, it sounds pretty good in game though, I use the A3 version and im pretty happy with it, I was using the mute player voice mod before but I would recommend this mod instead.

Poor world design where everything is a cluster fuck. Shitty build it yourself settlements that aren't interesting. Diamond City and Good Neighbor are both shit and engulfed in warzones. Enemies are just sprinkled everywhere with no thought put into it. It's completely random.

Story is shit. Quests are shit. All the characters are shit. Low brow Mass Effect "love" garbage shoe horned into companions.

None of your perks matter. Half of the radio is songs from 3 and that awful shit that douchebag put in of his wife that is out of place.

It basically did everything wrong.

>Holster weapon
>Poof! Gone!

>And please, actual post criticisms.
How about the biggest fucking one, they removed the skill point system. How is it even an RPG?

>that awful shit that douchebag put in of his wife that is out of place.
What stuff about who's wife?

The voiced protagonist is a good idea on paper, but for some reason it just doesn't feel natural in a Bethesda game, you severely limit the amount of dialog options you can pick, also they picked the most horrendous va for the male character, now, all of this I can stand, however, Bethesda needs to fire their entire writers team, holy shit its only my second playthrough and I already want to skip every single mah shaun dialogue, what the fuck were they thinking.

game has a big emphasis on crafting but there is no ammo crafting or alternate ammo types
a significant amount of gun/weapon mods are just stat upgrades, and they have several tiers of stat upgrades locked behind a stupid perk which means that a lot of upgrades are objectively inferior to other upgrades
removing uniques (yeah i know there's a handful of "uniques" but they're just fixed enchanted weapons) in favor of finding randomly enchanted weapons which are either worthless or game breakingly overpowered
a significant lack of gun variety
removing a lot of perks from the last two games and instead giving us a padded out "perk tree" full of things like "make better armor mods, make better weapon mods, do more damage with x". before your access to perks was dependent on what your skills and special were and perks (with the exception of fallout 3's terrible "skill increase" perks) had cool and/or useful bonuses to certain things or even had cool effects (like for example killing an enemy and causing them to create an explosion on death). some of the "cool" perks like solar powered still exist but because of the way special works now you have to pump points into a certain special for several levels just to even access them
I could keep going on and on but this post is getting long

>that awful shit that douchebag put in of his wife that is out of place

What?

Power armor durability being shit/losing the graphic for it when in a fight, literally wandering around for 10mins and I'm down to just the bare bones exoskeleton makes it feel like it's made out of cardboard and it's only there to look good.

>alternate ammo types
explosive ammo was broken as it was. imagine if you could make it for every ammo type

>The voiced protagonist is a good idea on paper
>voiced protagonist, something which completely and absolutely annihilates immersion, which is vital in an RPG
>a good idea

i think he means the oc radio songs

The good neighbor song is Lynda Carter. She's married to some big wig at zenimax

Did you like, stop reading my post after the first sentence or something?

>entire twist is based off the fact that somehow, kellogg hasnt aged at all but your sons 60 years old
>not immediately explained how this is possible
>spend the entire rest of the game thinking shauns not actually my son
i cant be the only one

>The voiced protagonist is a good idea on paper
No it isn't. A lot of the story happens in the player's head. No longer can I be some bad ass Lemmy type character who's a gunslinger. Now I play as Numale McFaggot with his faggot voice.

Didn't have a sound card for my computer so the radio was just glorified radiant quest giver.

>removed skills and rework them into a shitty crafting system
>perks are gained every level and half of them are tied to the shitty crafting system or settlement system
>crits no longer random

>no sound card

You fuck, they explained Kellogg's immortality. He had been altered to have super strength, endurance and given a special treatment to halt his aging.

Granted, it was hokey, but they acknowledged his lack of aging.

-Too easy, especially if using power armour
-All weapons seem to be just a "modded" variant of the same three basic fucking guns
-Not enough melee weapon variety
-VATS - no grenades?
-Base building clunky as fuck, needs mods to make it even worth doing.
-Main story is dull, and the side quests are completely forgettable
-No memorable villains, the ERMEGERD MY KID was overplayed
-About as linear as bioshock is, which is saying something considering its marketed as an "rpg"
-No memorable locations
-Voiced protagonist made the dialogue fucking awful, need mods to know what response to choose, and even then its basically yes/no/sarcastic
-Perk system is a step-down from NV
-"A settlement needs your help!"

I could go on, but I don't want to think about this awful game any more.

At the time. I'm a poorfag so it was a build that took some time.

>What Fallout 4 did wrong

- quests are go to X and kill raiders
- all perks are increase X by Y
- skyrim enchanting
- synth armor
- pipe weapons
- BOS written like complete retards
- same shitty guild/faction system as skyrim where you do 5 quests and 'win'
- mama murphy
- settlements never get attacked in force, its always 2 soldiers or 2 mutants
- entire game has hazy, waxy look, especially skin
- radio stations sucked
- wonder woman only in the game again because her husband is the president of beth's parent corp. PS she can't sing.
- silver shroud sidequest was only fun one
- all the caves are designed same as skyrim

I know they do, but isn't it in shauns terminal or something? I never found the explanation myself

almost every major flaw that the general public has had with bethesda games has at least been addressed from the gameplay to the level scaling, aside from the writing, but they cant write for shit so they cant really address that

>immortality
Cyborgs get a lifespan boost by their implants. That's why rex got to live for so long

There's not really an upward scale in progression, unlike the prior Fallouts. You get laser weapons, power armor, and a minigun right out of the gate. There's nothing to really work towards getting with your caps, since chances are you can get it from a random loot.

Additionally, base weapons aren't as strong as they should be. Granted, this is to provide incentive for upgrading them but what if I don't want my character to be the kind who knows how to upgrade?

I doiss random criticals.

why are there almost no great mods? no quest revamps, no trying to fix the characters, nothing great yet? so many clothes mods

Other than the obvious flaws that been posted over and over.

One of the top 3 biggest thing that bothered me was the fact THE GREAT UNKNOWINGLY INSTITUTE had no real goal and what they were going to do.

While I agree that it was stupid, it was explained in the game.

>One of the top 3 biggest thing that bothered me was the fact THE GREAT UNKNOWINGLY INSTITUTE had no real goal and what they were going to do.
That's what you get when you hint at them for 8 years without actually knowing what they're like.

>people argue that the institute is more dangerous than the think tank because they are organized and know what they're doing
>mfw they're bumbling fucktits that don't know what they're doing

OP here, this is one of my biggest issues.

The game is mediocre, but so was Skyrim. Yet Skyrim had a shitload of mods that made it a great game.

WTF modding community? is FO4 just too shitty to mod for?

>0 replay value

Yes, fuck you
- the mod community

I think its still a little to early for that, Skyrim took like a year or 2 to start getting great mods that consisted on more than a simple armor retexture, Im not really expecting a lot though, beside a Tale of Two Wastelands, which I consider the greatest mod ever made, Fallout games mods lack in quantity and quality in comparison to TES mods, pretty sure Oblivion alone has more mods than the entire Fallout series combined.

The biggest issue with the story is that the Institute are the big bad guys because they replaced about 6 people in Boston with Gen 3 synths.

Not the fact they have kidnapped thousands of people over a century and turned them into super mutants to attack the surface with for no goddamn reason. They get FEV from literally fucking nowhere and two years later have perfected the dipping process and have a horde of super mutants attacking Diamond City.

Its just fucking absurd. Its like super mutants arent a big deal and are completely normal fauna and expected to be in the wasteland.

Dun get mad at me bruh it's just a question.

Is the engine just too hard to mod for or is it a lack of interest?

>That's what you get when you hint at them for 8 years without actually knowing what they're like.

can someone explain please?

A little bit of both, maybe

Has the GECK been released yet?

Skyrim was not mediocre despite its minor flaws.

Wait...it was the Institute that created the Super Mutants in FO4?

How the fuck did I miss this?

Fallout 3 Rivet City quest, the one with the clone guard.

creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

Are you sure about that?

Skyrim's leveling system was just as barebones as FO4.

Main storyline was boring as hell

Stormcloaks and the Empire is basically the same thing as the BoS and Railroad, albeit without the political stuff.

>Skyrim is for the Nords!

>The Commonwealth is for the pure humans!

I'll admit that the lore and sidequest in Skyrim was better but I also feel like FO4 did other things better than Skyrim.

I'd rate them about the same desu senpai.

>no mention of all the game-breaking bugs

Skyrim is salvageable because it at least doesn't rape 4 game's worth of lore. The main issue with Skyrim is the fucking atrocious gameplay, and features being randomly omitted even though they were present in previous games.

Fallout 4 not only retains the nonsensical problems with the engine and gameplay with core features missing, it also utterly shits on the lore and story. The only people who enjoyed this game are the people who have never played a Fallout game. Even Fallout 3 got dumped, for fuck's sakes, it's THAT bad.

They're mentioned in a quest in Fallout 3. The whole quest is about an android who eacaped and had its memories wiped. You can either get the android to forcefully return with th institute guy or let him remain anonymous.

I'll admit, I never played the isotropic fallout games but I played FO3, FO:NV, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I really find it hard to believe that people accept Skyrim as a superior game to FO4, except maybe on lore.

>Modded Skyrim = great game
>Waifu simulator is game
>Smart people modding a turd.

My current playthough and I can't get Paladin Danse to trigger the next BoS quest.

I have no idea what I'm suppose to do.

Thanks Bethesda.

didn't you help virgil get some FEV from the Institute so he can't turn back human some day

People are willing to accept a bad game on Skyrim because the foundation isn't a cracked mess of fuckery. Lorefags make up like 90% of the modding community (at least, the part that excludes all the sex mods) so if they're happy, then the game will have a healthy modding scene.

That's the problem with FO4. Even the people whose standards are low enough to accept Skyrim will still vehemently reject FO4 because it shits on gameplay, shits on the setting, and shits on the lore. NO ONE is happy with it except for normies that just want call of duty with a side of minecraft.

Fair point but Waifu simulator is still better than the current modding scene for FO4.

It's been a long time since I made it that far in the game. I normally end up quitting before hand and then starting over again later on.

Fallout 4 is more popular. Therefore, it is normie Facebook faggot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE frogposter cancer. Is that not a coherent argument?

you do help him and he does turn back into a human after a while
>b-but that no real cure. there be thousands of fev strains!

you stop playing shit games ASAP my friend

>tfw no one who owns the rights to Fallout has played the original games, nor ever will

Faction quests are triggered after certain points in the main quest.

fuck i think i never went back to check then, because there was nothing left to do in the rad desert

Wait until Bethesda fixes itAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

exactly

dialogue and writing is bland and basic

The voice actor is just generic white american male and generic white american female. I really wanted to roleplay the dude i played on New Vegas, Alajandro Rojas, The Gunslingin, Smoothtalkin Gunslinger, but i couldn't imagine him having a smoky spanish accent over nolan north being nolan north.

The writing is not as goofy or cringey as a lot of fallout 3 (so you fight the good fight on galaxy news radio!) but fallout 3 was at least memorably silly and cringey.

In here the dialogue and NPCs are just kind of there as a method to add in more fight scenes

basically everything else is pretty excellent.
the crafting, exploration and combat is super solid

I must say, the perks are probably better than new vegas. New vegas had so many negligible '+5% to rifles and pistols' or whatever type perks. They never felt worth the points they cost. You would think that with a system like that, all of the perks would be fun and unique, but a majority were pretty simple.
Most of the good ones got funneled in to the big perk chart anyway.

WTF are you talking about?

It's not that I don't know HOW to do it, my game/save is bugged, you ignorant retard.

I know I can use console commands but supposedly FO4 gets even more buggy when you do.

Shitty dialogue
Shitty characters
Shitty writing
Shitty world building

When you make a RPG you need something to keep me captivated for 70 hours. Fallout 4 ain't it.

guns were fun i guess but nobody was anything

Everything about Kellogg is just fucking retarded storytelling and extremely fucking contrived. Its like Beth looked at Benny in NV and asked how can they ape this narrative element and completely fuck it all up at the same time.

Every single NPC absolutely refuses to tell you how long it has been since he left Diamond City and are vague as fuck on purpose in a desperate attempt to hide the game's big twist that was readily obvious in the first five minutes. Because nobody seems to know if Kellogg was around a week ago or 50 fucking years ago. All the shit with Synth Shaun just makes it even worse. When you have to do everything in your power as a writer to hide the big twist, its probably a fucking stupid twist.

Then we confront Kellogg with the absolutely essential help of wonder mutt and retard detective, because we are clearly unable to investigate things ourselves or follow Kellogg's retarded cigar and dead body trail he makes sure to leave us without the magic plot dog. And then we have no choice but to kill Kellogg, and then our character digs out his fucking hippocampus from his fucking skull because they read the script ahead of time and know to loot it. Even though I nailed his ass with a mini-nuke his head survives intact enough to salvage.

And I'm glad the magic plot scientist was around to correctly identify a Courser and Synth Shaun disappearing in a flash of light in the corrupted memories of a dying cyborg as teleportation, because she surely has plenty of experience identifying it. Especially since she literally states the memory shit you do with Kellogg's brain has never been attempted before but she managed to whip up the solution anyway with some technobabble.

And that "jumpscare" with Kellogg possessing Nick for like two sentences of dialogue that doesn't go anywhere either. Nick just treats it like a joke and everyone laughs it off.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

I HAVE THE QUEST IN MY QUEST LOG. It says "Talk to Paladin Danse", but when I do, nothing happens.

I've been past this point before in a prior play through. He is suppose to send me on a mission.

It's bugged.

I dont outright reject it, its a good game, way better than whatever shit we get nowdays, its just a shit Fallout game and Bethesda game in general, and I absolutely cant stand what they did to the lore, how that stupid fucker Hines still have his job is beyond me, if they ever pull that shit on TES games im quitting the series all together, holy shit I read entire lore encyclopedias of Fallout before 4 was released, I would fucking spit on his face if I ever saw the fucker in person.

The sorting system for journals and holotapes is atrocious, since they're all inventory items and even the ones which aren't associated with Radiant quests (which like settlement building is covering for a woeful lack of meaningful content) have generic names. This is one of the things Bethesda themselves did right in the last Fallout they did and something that nearly every other RPG does when it comes to sorting lore.

Furthermore, the way audio logs work is a pain as well. Rather than a single sound file they play out as dialogue, which makes them prone to interruptions that end the tape and long delays as the game tries to call up the right sound files out of nowhere in real time.

That same issue with delays comes with the new weapon mod system, where the dozens of useless attachments which don't even require a model change of the gun result in the hotkeys taking an age to figure out what your custom weapon is meant to look out unless you go into the Pip-Boy to change weapons each time.

>Virgil wears glasses as a super mutant even though being a mutant would fix his eyesight
>Curing him returns him to his original human DNA before he became a mutant, but he doesn't wear glasses anymore

What did Emil mean by this?

Also how in the fuck did Virgil become a super mutant in the first place?

Bethesda doesn't really loves Fallout. It always was an adopted child.

>No one tells you the time

But why would they and how would that let you know about the plot twist?

If someone gave you a year, you still have no idea on how long it was between when you saw Shaun get taken and you wake up. There's no way to gauge.

I agree with the rest of your rant though.

>The voiced protagonist is a good idea on paper, but for some reason it just doesn't feel natural in a Bethesda game
In Fallout and The Elder Scrolls the player is a character of their own creation, if the voice doesn't match then the whole thing is fucked.

In The Witcher and Mass Effect games you play a defined character who will act and sound a particular way because that is who he is, the voice adds to the immersion instead of detracting from it.

>Give Nick Valentine at submachine gun and equip it for him.
>Give him tons of ammo for it.
>Always switches back to his pipe pistol

Ditto for the dumb shit settlers. Why have them be self-sufficient when properly decked when we can have you bounce around the Wasteland doing EVERYTHING?

>The process of becoming a super mutant is now reversible

I was willing to give everything a pass until this shit. What the fuck were they thinking?

Holy shit I never noticed that! Fallout 4:0; user:1
Apparently, he injected himself after he left so he could survive in the glowing sea

They don't want all bad things to be permanent.

>Give Preston a suit of armor
>Dismiss him
>Gets out of the suit of armor

Fucking WHY Preston? I do this with Piper and she stays in hers...why can't you?

>I have no idea what I'm suppose to do
>stop playing shit games
?

You...bring up a fair point.

He injected himself with super mutant juice, which is how it works now. Those other super mutants that were being grown in tanks was because it would have taken more than two hours to see that so good luck getting a refund.

>Is it cuz I'm black?
>btw there's a settlement that needs your attention

I'd go even further with that since the new Deus Ex games are a part of that family as well. What's important about those characters is that they have a strong history, a reputation and some kind of feature (except maybe for Shepard) that instantly colours how people interact with them. Augmented ex-cop, decorated military officer, mutant sex freak; the game paints broad strokes and puts the reactions of characters in front of you, then you take it from there through dialogue or action.

To an extent, the 'classes' they are and what they can do is much more strictly defined in their games too and more importantly, what they can't do. In Fallout 4 you can repeatedly run into awkward moments where your scientific aptitude is challenged or extolled by people around you regardless of what your INT is and what perks you've put into that attribute.

Geralt of Rivia is an everyman who specialises in swordfighting but dabbles in alchemy and magic. He has limits in those departments and when he hits them in the course of a quest he has to find an expert instead of standing in for one like you should be able to in Fallout 4.

So you can become a super mutant in FO5. Just kidding, it's another throwaway plot point that some intern shat out hours before a deadline without bothering to do the research.

>mfw you could already play as a super mutant in fo tactics
UNORIGINAL

I can't remember many of my criticisms since I haven't touched that piece of garbage since release week but I think some major ones were
>movement was somewhat nicer sometimes (like sprint jumping I think) but otherwise got jankier
>changed power attack with melee weapons by just pressing and holding mouse1 - to a universal melee button that was also the grenade button if you held it down longer for some stupid reason
>new perk system was absolutely shit; I think I spent the better part of 30 levels just unlocking 'you can craft shit tier mods' perks and the SPECIAL just to be able to get them
>pyromaniac perk gone
>shishkebab has like 1 fucking mod
>actually a lot of weapons have like 1 fucking mod
>and the stupid pipeshit gun has a million mods and shows up fucking everywhere
>unique weapons mostly gone to be replaced with r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶h̶a̶n̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t a chance of enemies dropping a rocket launcher that heals people
>settlements crap is a chore and makes me want to play the game even less because instead of hoarding things because I know I need them specifically for something, say mad bomber or something, I instead horde everything because I know I will eventually need to scrap those hundred dinner trays so I have enough materials to make 2 walls
>voiced protag shit
>every faction is retarded, not 'oh there's a plot hole here or there but I can ignore it' retarded but so fucking retarded I hesitate to call it fan-fiction tier because most fan-fiction these days is of better then this garbage and it literally made me drop the game once you reach the funnel point where you have to join one side and nuke all the others
>was responsible in part for the whole paid mods debacle that I am sure has irreversibly poisoned the modding community
there's probably a lot more but that's all I got

Nora is cute. CUTE!

I thought the process of reversing FEV mutation was discovered by West-Tek pre-war way back in FO1. You have to have an exact copy/sample of the target's DNA before the FEV changed it though, so its essentially useless as a "cure".

And West-Tek never made a single super mutant and still figured that out. It took the Institute over 100 years to figure out FEV reversal and they had been churning out thousands of super mutants in the meantime because they figured out the dipping process much faster than the reversal process.

Of course, but there has to be some way of getting out of every single decision. You need to be able to do absolutely everything on one character, who the fuck would ever try out different builds?

>NV would BARELY run on my toaster

NV runs better on my laptop from 2011 that it does on a ps3/x360.

Is your "toaster" a netbook?

Not sure.
I hope it's better than nv's hardcore mode.

>build water pump
>full fuckton of bottles and carry some
>collect every foodstuff
>use cover
if you can consider this better

>back from school
>turn on the PS3
>Fallout 3 loading screens finally finished
>catch up where I left off
>run to the supermart

>not expecting raiders (I killed them yesterday)
>move on, find new creatures up ahead
>Advance the story mission from yesterday
>the atmosphere of the game unfolds

Yeah fallout 4 didn't manage those emotions.

Turning into some kind of supernatural critter has become a staple of TES no matter how badly it's done, so I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to include some kind of mutant rage feature that runs off of AP like everything else.

Although along those lines, I'd really like to see some of the mod jam stuff and existing features come together around remotely controlling a robot like a Sentry Bot or Eyebot.

>beat the shit out of dogmeat with a shovel with all my followers around me
>stimpack him to beat the shit out of him some more
>Most of them liked that
>Strong disliked that

Why is this giant green faggot so hard to please. His entire reason for following you is to find "the milk of human kindness" but theres no quest that makes him actually figure out the metaphor/remember his humanity and his dumbass leaves you if you continue to be nice.

In NV I feel like I could actually role play my character. Half the problem is speaking player. Really limits what you can say, but also FO4 really limits your options on to handle quests. It's really true most cases your dialog options are three yes and an I'll do it later.

he thinks the milk of human kindness makes you tougher, stronger. Healing the injured is a sign of mercy or weakness to the super mutants

Strong remembers shoveldog

Fuck that sucks.
That's much worse than hardcore mode which was easy as shit

>Ultra-Luxe quest path
can we stop using the same piece of toilet paper to clean our asses and move to a cleaner one?

I'm surprised that Beth didn't include not-Dragonshouts from Skyrim in FO4 and just handwaved it as psyker powers.

>You can compare to NV but actually post why
>Don't just post 2 =2 = 4, explain why 2 + 2 = 4

Better writing, better weapon variety, and a worse map.

I can taste the edge and contrarianism

okay

Thank you

I honestly don't care anymore.

Seeing them do new things with the IP would be better than watching them mangle and fuck up the old.

Get us some mutant enemies other than goddamn super mutants. Bring something new to the series instead of continuing to subtract from it.

Fallout 4 was a great post-apocalypse game that could have been better if it had blown off the previous installments entirely and been set 5 years after the bombs dropped.

Spend more time working on weapon variety, armor.clothing variety and settlement building/integration. I don't give two shits about the main story and avoid it constantly while having played 440+ hours of FO4.

First thing google supplied me with to help reinforce point. Even if it's the same quest posted over and over. It's still embarrassing when the third party you gave a time limit too made more complex quests than your newer game without such stipulations. Should be moving forward not backwards.

What made the map bad is it didn't have anything overly interesting besides a few places here and there.
It's like a theme park. Half the shit you discover on the way to a ride is boring and time consuming

Dialogue wheel ruined talking
voice acting torpedoes roleplaying
opening was garbo, I'm not attached to dead spouse or missing baby
>crafting

>every cigarette hasn't been smoked yet

Normies who haven't played it may start to think that this is actually the only complex quest in the game like that, user

>play survival mode
>Get an explosive minigun really early
I basically won the game right there

>enchanted (legendary) weapons
>radiant/miscellaneous quests carry the game
>melee weapons are copy+pasted skyrim animations
>lockpicking reduced to novice, advanced, easy and master

Any other ways Fallout 4 was Skyrimized?

The lockpicking system in Oblivion was 10/10, they need to bring that back if they're not going to go with a pure-RPG approach similar to what Morrowind or Deus Ex has.

Survival was a necessary edition but the game isn't designed around not having fast travel at all. Most of the quests involve going back and forth between an NPC and an objective. Which is fine when you just teleport there. When you can't though it's just trudging back and forth along the same exact path and it gets really old really quickly. You're pretty much forced to join BoS just for verti travel.

I end up just coc'ing myself anyway. Nuka World's Home Sweet Home quest is a perfect example of this.

>not using the institute teleporter to cheat

Performance is my actual biggest complaint with the game. Tack on that longer loadtime so I'm not constantly having to load and unload shit in downtown. Even on beefy systems it drags in that area at top spec.

>Get so good at it you install a mod that hides tumblers from view
>Get really good at that too
>Friend who struggles to do it vanilla way comes over
>Thinks you're some kind of wizard

He created the cure beforehand with his own DNA. ZAX in F1 suggests this as a hypothetical cure. He's not so much "reversing" the process as he is using FEV as a vehicle to rewrite his DNA into something that just happens to be identical to what he was before he dosed himself the first time.

Yeah I got bored of my survical player. was fun for the forst 20 hours, but I got tired of the lack of freedom

>you are parched
>drink water
>you are peckish
>eat food
>take damage
>use stimpak
>you are thristy
>drink water
>drink water
>kill insect
>you have an illness
>use antibiotics
>finally get to destination
>sleep
>you are thirsty
>you are hungry
>you are tired
>you have 3 illnesses

I liked HC mode from New Vegas, I wish it was just made it that rather than going completely overboard and not letting you fucking fast travel.

I found this especially annoying. I have a mod the modifies damage on survival mode and, as far as I'm aware, only applies to survival mode. So I'm forced to play this bullshit putting 50 purified water onto my quick select because I'll need to drink 2-3 for every stimpack I use

>mfw i couldn't associate F3 with F4 unless pointed out because missions and factions are so forgetable that i don't care.
Fucking Bethesda, the worst part is that i remember a lot of shit from F3 but that quest was random quest in the wasteland for free karma.

I also feel like it takes you way shorter to get thirsty, maybe I'm wrong. But by far the most annoying thing was that the only way to save was to sleep and increase your thirst, fatigue and hunger meters, plus risk getting a disease. And the only way to keep your fatigue meter from going up during sleep was to sleep like 8 hours, which just increases your hunger and thirst meters even more. You couldn't just save. It just made the game even more annoying than it already was.

New Vegas may had have hard to make mods but had mods that blew people away, somebody even made a recreation of the original fallout

Plus you couldn't just advance time when you wanted without punishment.

>recreation of original fallout
link me

I got a mod that added back in fast travel and saving because going to sleep every 10 minutes is utterly insane

Fallout 4 is trash. It's trash,not because it's a cash grab, but because Bethesda fundamentally misunderstood what made fallout 1, 2, and NV great, and even what made fallout 3 far above average. They think it's their quirky humor and gunplay, it's not. Fallout always was a more casual series, the dumbing down was inevitable. Fallout 1 is leagues above any modern scifi game in terms of lore depth and RPG complexity, but was fairly casual compared to other games of its time.
That is what attracted audiences. The draw of an RPG that isnt essentially autistic (honestly Cred Forums, D&D is fun but only autists and losers play it) is what made it popular. It's the same with Skyrim. And fallout 4 ruined that. It's not a casual RPG, it's CoD with perks. It's Farcy with a character creation, it's the Witcher with a badly designed world.
That's why it failed. It tried to be too many things at once, and, combined with Bethesda's literal shit tier writing team, came out half cooked and overly ambitious.

Hopefully Bethesda will learn from how quickly all it's momentum died, but realistically we can expect this again in 2018 when Skyrim 2: the Skyriminning is announced.

The teleporter will only let you teleport back to CIT and then the CIT courtyard. Which is better than nothing but not especially great either.

This reminded me another stupid issue with survival. Cannibalism is pretty much a negative perk to take. You instantly get addicted to human flesh and can't eat anything else. "Oh but that's cool, you can rp a psycho has to hunt and kill people for sustenance!" yeah that's great and all but you get hungry every twenty minutes so you're constantly having to run around trying to find someone inconsequential to kill and eat. Any immersion is ruined because you're always having to coddle your hunger.

Survival's a lot more tolerable with the survival settings mod.

Just mod it? Dont tell me you are a console player or something.

Why you replied to me user?

>Voiced protagonist / 4 conversation options only
These two are linked problems. I can guess that having a voiced protagonist (2 in fact, if you count both female and male protag) significantly increased the cost of the dialogue in the game. This of course results in Beth, at some point, deciding to limit the number of lines they'd have to record, resulting in the limited dialogue options.
On top of that is the now present option of modding in new quests and areas. Without a voice actor those areas will feel weird and out of place, instead of a seemless addition to the game.
>Decisions feel empty / pointless
Most dialogue choices don't change the outcome of the conversation, let alone the outcome of the quest (outside of a few significant points). Siding with any faction doesn't really change what the game looks like or whats going on post story or even how people react to you (besides random townies yelling stupid shit). You can speculate what might happen in the future, but there is no in game change from the end of the game. Siding with BoS doesn't have BoS patrols show up, siding with minutemen doesn't have happier people or more settlements or minutmen patrols. Decisions feel arbitrary and conversation choices are utterly without meaning.
>Settlements feel unfinished
Settlements are an interesting addition to the game. I like the concept and even waste away a lot of hours on building my home settlements. But the product is unpolished. Walls float in the air. Its difficult to build anything nice looking without using work arounds or bugs. Raids are largely pointless busywork, since settlements tend to fix themselves over time even if you don't intervene with them being attacked.
>Radiant questing
The 7th time I cleared Backstreet Apparel of raiders I decided to mined the entire place. I still had to clear it again later. Its repetitive padding to the playtime.
>UI
The pipboy, and more specifically the "Aid" section is horrible to navigate

Exactly, if you have science skills you should mention that you know something about that and use the Perk to pass the check and get some extra EXP.

It would had been nice if your military background was diverse from being a boot on the ground to a grease monkey doing nothing but fix armor or the annoying fobbit who got a desk jockey job and more pussy/dick than the grunts.

Jet being a prewar drug, when a pissy kid came up with it in fo1

Certain companions won't use some types of weapons

Mod for Nora to fuck Raider and Gunner females when!?