What is the worst developer on the market and why is it Gearbox?

What is the worst developer on the market and why is it Gearbox?

Every single game they make is shit and it's all their fault. Can't ever even blame it on their publishers, they just suck balls at making video games.

Nah.
The HL expansions were great.
And the first Borderlands was okay.
The rest are shit.

Did they actually fire Anthony Burch or did he leave on his own?
If they fired him, that's the only thing gearbox has ever done right.
If he quit, how terrible of a developer do you have to be that even the Burch abandons you?

I never played Borderlands, but I do recognize it as a liked game. It's obvious they went to shit directly after it. Something must have happened.

>Something must have happened.

I thought he was always around, did he come in after Borderlands?

yes. he wasnt with gearbox until borderlands 2 started development.

Well lick my taint and fondle my foreskin, there's the fucking answer.

>Its a overshill thread

He came in around BL2 and wrote quite a bit of dialogue.
His sister did the VA for tina but I bet you knew that.

i wouldnt pinpoint all the blame on him. dont get me wrong, he was a major problem. howevere if you saw randy pitchford at their duke shit then you can see social justice infested the company at its core.

thanks god the borderlands formula works well enough to make up for the god awful writing.

Literally no one mentioned ow except you.

>borderlands 1 was ok
>borderlands 2 is shit

Borderlands 1 is a steaming pile of shit. 2 is the superior game in almost every aspect. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to kill themselves

>muh borderlands 1 blood
>muh nonexistent story
>muh borderlands 1 empty skill trees
>muh "more realistic" guns
>b-but 2 has dumb memes!

BL1 fags are disgusting

scaling was better in 1. it also had a larger selection of guns.

2 has the most worthwhile content.

both have pros and cons.

I'll never ever understand why people seem to genuinely think the original borderlands was good. It's seriously one of the blandest, shittiest games I've ever played.

>shit setting, every zone looks exactly the fucking same
>almost 0 enemy variety
>playable characters have zero personality
>unbalanced as fuck
>one of the shittiest stories I've ever experienced
>doesn't even have a satisfying climax or ending
>NG+ just turns everything into bullet sponges that can 1shot you

Borderlands 2 is objectively better in every way. The only good thing about BL1 was the zombie DLC, just because it was a vaguely different experience. But then there was the other DLC where you literally just drive around on highways for 6 hours, shit is horrible.

I think you're avoiding the fact that Borderlands is a shit game altogether.
>Weak weapons system
>BAJILLION GOOGLEPLEX NUMBER OF GUNS that water down to millions of useless guns you'll feed to the vending machine.
>Slowly progressed into SJW-pandering unnecessary monologues in dialogue.
>Completely inconsistent story line that doesn't know where it wants to take itself

Handsome Jack was the only redeemable quality of the game and even that was mediocre at best.

It's sad that the best BL game made wasn't even by Gearbox.
And it wasn't even a game.

How many songs must Randy sing before you people start loving him?

Borderlands is the best shooter
Battleborn the best hero shooter

Liked BL1. It has its problems and it isn't a great PC version, but it was a novel concept and the humor was well balanced with the great world building.

I don't like BL2 much.
Nicer polish.
The humor/characters were dogshit.
Scaling was terrible to a point where I stalemated on bulletsponge enemies a couple of times.
Still the same super limited skill tree as in 1.
Lazy game design leaning on slag weaponry.
Worst of all, gun manufaturers were somehow limited to making certain types of weapons, so you would always find the same machinegun this brand, revolver this other brand. Also, like D2:LoD, there was too much emphasis on going out and farming unique/epic weapons instead of random loot being best.

Remember when Borderlands was supposed to be a grimdark Mad Max-esque game?